Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

WTF is that all about? Why are Bournemouth selling their best players to NPC clubs?

Need money I expect. They got about 70 million from the Premier League last season but their stadium and marketing receipts aren't probably up to much. Did they not spend a packet on players between last summer and January ? Did they get fined for

FFP contraventions in their Championship days?

Edited by Window Cleaner

FFP fine was £7.5m, on top of the £40m of players they signed last season. I know that they got money from the PL, but wages, maybe director's loans to be repaid, etc etc.

So as I said, they probably need money.

Don't much fancy their chances of being in the Premier League come June 2017 myself.

WTF is that all about? Why are Bournemouth selling their best players to NPC clubs?

I reckon Newcastle will pay them more so they want to go much like players dropping down to play for our fishy friends. Matt Richie probably sees Newcastle as a better long and short term option short term they pay him more long term they are likely to be in the prem more than Bournmouth.

I reckon Newcastle will pay them more so they want to go much like players dropping down to play for our fishy friends. Matt Richie probably sees Newcastle as a better long and short term option short term they pay him more long term they are likely to be in the prem more than Bournmouth.

I thought Westham wanted him haven't they already bid for him and Bournemouth said no? I guess Newcastle are offering a lot more money than Westham...

Chelsea scouting: Being cynical I'd say this was indicitive of the big clubs transfer policy: 'Look he just had a good game...and the papers like him'... 'Go on then throw 40M at them'. Never seems to be any real thought as to whether he would be a fit for manager or other current players. I mean Conte is playing a defensive game with a target man outlet. Bit of a different style to the way Belgium is setup and likes to play... Of course in reality I'm sure Chelsea and Liverpool scouting isn't that simple.

Find it odd Ritchie would want to drop down after finally getting to the premier league and doing well.

I was watching an interview with Tommy Elphick earlier and thought the same thing - The interview was on the Bournemouth website & he said something like: "when a team of that size [Villa] comes in for you, it turns your head".

What happens to Puncheon then?

Got the feeling Punch was becoming a bit part player there anyway didn't seem to be starting much at the end of the season.

Pacey wide men isn't really an issue for palace thought they'd be better off spending money on a decent centre forward.

Watford complete signing of Isaac Success from Granada for club record fee in the region of £12.5m, according to Sky sources.

--------------------------------------------------

Watford have now completed the signing of Belgium defender Christian Kabasele from Genk for fee in region of £5.8m on a five-year contract, according to Sky sources.

Busy morning at Vicarage Road:

Watford have rejected a £37.5m bid from Shanghai SIPG for Odion Ighalo.

The club is also close to completing the signing of Belgian centre-back Christian Kabasele from Genk, according to Sky sources.

Good signing for palace. They have good options out wide with Townsend, zaha, bolasie and puncheon. We only have tadic and Redmond, definitely need investment there.
Depends whether JRod will player there or not if we have Long, Pelle, Austin coming through the middle. We definitely need some additional pace though now that Mane has gone.

Good signing for palace. They have good options out wide with Townsend, zaha, bolasie and puncheon. We only have tadic and Redmond, definitely need investment there.

they're also signing Mandanda from the O.M, far better keeper than either of those that they have just now. Top keeper on an out of contract basis I believe. Quite surprised that Everton didn't go for him myself, then again Ronald does like his dutch and players that he's managed before.

Watford complete signing of Isaac Success from Granada for club record fee in the region of £12.5m, according to Sky sources.

Watford have now completed the signing of Belgium defender Christian Kabasele from Genk for fee in region of £5.8m on a five-year contract, according to Sky sources.

Busy morning at Vicarage Road:

Watford have rejected a £37.5m bid from Shanghai SIPG for Odion Ighalo.

The club is also close to completing the signing of Belgian centre-back Christian Kabasele from Genk, according to Sky sources.

When will people learn, you can't buy success

If Everton are interested in Morgan then I don't see why we can't be, perfect replacement for Wanyama.

A central midfield partnership of Schneiderlin and Gonalons would be formidable. Quite possibly the stuff of fantasy for Saints, but formidable nonetheless. Come on Claude, win us over before a ball's kicked ;-)

Wait until he says something about having his head-turned by a big club....

& here it is...

"It's an unbelievable feeling to come to a football club like this," said Ritchie.

"I loved it at Bournemouth - I had a fantastic time there and it had a huge impact on my career. But when a club like Newcastle comes calling, I couldn't pass up this opportunity.

Puncheon played through the middle in the no.10 spot quite a lot for palace last season and they seemed to be trying to turn Bolasie into a striker, which is where they need investment.

Strange move for Richie, that's just got to be money really, has a lot faith in Newcastle to get out of the championship first go and Bournemouth to go the other way, I wouldn't be so confident. Championship is not an easy league to get out of and Rafa has no experience of it.

DEENEY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT

There has been plenty of speculation about the future of Troy Deeney so far this window but Watford have confirmed that their captain has signed a new five-year contract.

“This club really means business and I want to be part of this,” Deeney told the club's official website.

“I’ve listened carefully to everything the club has had to say to me recently.“We’ve talked things through in a sensible way – and it’s helped me fully deal with lots of my own thoughts.

“When you’re right in the middle of something, maybe you take it for granted how quickly things are moving forward. I don’t think I’ve done that; but by talking it over it’s clear that Watford isn’t ever going to settle for second-best – and that’s how I want to feel about my career so it works for me.”

DEENEY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT

There has been plenty of speculation about the future of Troy Deeney so far this window but Watford have confirmed that their captain has signed a new five-year contract.

“This club really means business and I want to be part of this,” Deeney told the club's official website.

“I’ve listened carefully to everything the club has had to say to me recently.“We’ve talked things through in a sensible way – and it’s helped me fully deal with lots of my own thoughts.

“When you’re right in the middle of something, maybe you take it for granted how quickly things are moving forward. I don’t think I’ve done that; but by talking it over it’s clear that Watford isn’t ever going to settle for second-best – and that’s how I want to feel about my career so it works for me.”

Think I'd have taken the money and reinvested if I was them.

Think I'd have taken the money and reinvested if I was them.

Not sure Saints would have held onto Deeney. Not sure whether Watford should have at that price either.

Maybe being a Saints fan has softened me to losing players, but I think I would've taken both £25m for Deeney & £37m for Ighalo!

So I suppose I should say fair play to Watford for standing firm.

Steve Mandanda signs for Palace. He is a very good French keeper- wish he was our second choice ;) French and Puel and links and all that lol

Mandanda wouldn't sign anywhere to be second choice because he's a first choice keeper. Except for France of course and that's different.

Bonkers that they have turned down that money.

why? what has happened to saints fans?

he is by far their most influential player, their skipper and talisman (Deeney)

if they sold him for £25m. who are they going to get to replace what he brings to that club on and off the pitch?

why? what has happened to saints fans?

he is by far their most influential player, their skipper and talisman (Deeney)

if they sold him for £25m. who are they going to get to replace what he brings to that club on and off the pitch?

Lol have you learnt nothing? Sell high and replace with a better player for a quarter of the price..it's no more difficult than that!

I like Witsel - He's a good player. I wouldn't pay £30m for him though, but I suppose Everton are probably going to have to start over-paying to get someone of stature across the line.