Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

seems like the penny is dropping on the Everton forum

The way the market is at the moment this £100m "war chest" won't be going far. Ighalo £37.5m rejected! My word!

Exactly. Been saying this for a while.

When you see £20mill turned down for players like Troy Deeney...you know prices are going to sky rocket.

Everyone has more money (TV Deal!)...so prices only go up. If the £100 million turns out to be on top of any budget we might have had post TV deal, then fair enough.

But that amount on its own is starting to look a bit standard judging by the way prices are going.

Lee Clayton ‏@LeeClayton_

James Tomkins set to sign for Crystal Palace from West Ham for £12.5m #WHUFC #CPFC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3670387/Crystal-Palace-agree-sign-West-Ham-defender-James-Tomkins-12-5million-deal-Alan-Pardew-strengthens-defence.html

Lee Clayton ‏@LeeClayton_

Big day for Palace today. Flexing their muscles in the market. And Benteke possibly next #CPFC

I seem to recall that we were all supposed to be jealous of Palace's signings last season. Are we to be jealous of them this season I wonder?

Not sure about Benteke looks good in the right system (which might well be Palace with all those good wide players). Think Townsend is dross so not fussed at all. Tomkins is pretty Meh to so not exactly green with envy.

Where've Palace got all their money from?

Well I would have said they virtually paid for Townsend by selling Gayle.

Mandanda's wages probably similar to Adebayor's who has now left.

F*ck knows where the £37.5m for Benteke/Tomkins has come from though!

Everton strike me a bit like a chav who's been given £100 to spend on a night out. Get some new clobber, limo with his mates into town, a round of shots in Varsity, £8 to get into some sh*t hole nightclub, then... Hang on where's that £100 gone?!

why? what has happened to saints fans?

he is by far their most influential player, their skipper and talisman (Deeney)

if they sold him for £25m. who are they going to get to replace what he brings to that club on and off the pitch?

Lambert was our talisman, in his first PL season scored the same goals as Deeney. He isn't worth 25m, and no one is irreplaceable.

why? what has happened to saints fans?

he is by far their most influential player, their skipper and talisman (Deeney)

if they sold him for £25m. who are they going to get to replace what he brings to that club on and off the pitch?

If we bought him for £25m would you take that as a sign of our Champions League ambitions?

What's noticeable is how many 5 year contracts are being handed out.

(Possibly as a result of the TV cash too)

Yep noticed the same thing. I'm wondering whether clubs are trying to tie down as many players as possible before the salaries increase in Sky money momentum and reach the stratosphere. Would be interesting to know whether they all have buy out clauses.

Speaking of which...

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT

Manchester City prepared to pay up to £50m to sign John Stones and expect to get him #mcfc #efc

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/01/manchester-city-prepared-to-win-race-for-john-stones-with-50m-bi/

I really don't see what Every one else sees in stones. Looks a bit bumbling at times. Definitely not worth anything like 50m

I like Witsel - He's a good player. I wouldn't pay £30m for him though, but I suppose Everton are probably going to have to start over-paying to get someone of stature across the line.

He has 1 year left on his contract - that is an insane fee.

seems like the penny is dropping on the Everton forum

The way the market is at the moment this £100m "war chest" won't be going far. Ighalo £37.5m rejected! My word!

Exactly. Been saying this for a while.

When you see £20mill turned down for players like Troy Deeney...you know prices are going to sky rocket.

Everyone has more money (TV Deal!)...so prices only go up. If the £100 million turns out to be on top of any budget we might have had post TV deal, then fair enough.

But that amount on its own is starting to look a bit standard judging by the way prices are going.

And we accepted £11m for Wanyama!!!!!

Maybe being a Saints fan has softened me to losing players, but I think I would've taken both £25m for Deeney & £37m for Ighalo!

So I suppose I should say fair play to Watford for standing firm.

Not a case of taking £37m - Ighalo doesn't want to go so irrelevant what is offered. If he did want the move would clearly take it.

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 8m8 minutes ago

BREAKING: Borussia Dortmund say midfielder Henrik Mkhitaryan has joined Manchester United

they will not be far off winning the league, I reckon

Blimey, i thought it was still june...how did we finish? ;)

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 8m8 minutes ago

BREAKING: Borussia Dortmund say midfielder Henrik Mkhitaryan has joined Manchester United

they will not be far off winning the league, I reckon

That's a great signing. Mata's replacement already?

It's now confirmed.

CmRw9UaWAAA5792.png

I like what they are doing early. Keeping Rafa was a brilliant move.

He's a Gosport lad.....used to have a drink with him in the white Hart pub quite regularly.

Nice chap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you really think we will even think about it?

not a chance in hell

If Palace can put in really high bids for players I don't see why we can't, that's what I'm basing it on and the fact that he's surplus to requirements at United. There's no need with the tv money to be shopping in a bargain basement so why not? Maybe try for Morgan too.

If Palace can put in really high bids for players I don't see why we can't, that's what I'm basing it on and the fact that he's surplus to requirements at United. There's no need with the tv money to be shopping in a bargain basement so why not? Maybe try for Morgan too.

I cant see anything different than £13m or so being our absolute limit again