Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

Basically this, there's a reason the fees are similar. Bolasie, like Mané, is unplayable on his day but those days don't come around often enough. The age difference would pretty much explain Mané's higher price.

Mane is more consistent than Bolasie.

Bolasie barely scores and barely assists, there is no way should be anywhere near the £30m mark that Palace are asking, he's a £10m player at most, in 3 years he won't have much resale value whilst Mane could be £50m+. Can't even compare the two.

That's what Palace are asking, they won't get it. Mané is better and younger but suffers from similar inconsistency.

That's what Palace are asking, they won't get it. Mané is better and younger but suffers from similar inconsistency.
I don't think so, Mane gets into double figures for goals to Bolasie's 9 in two years, and I think is more consistent. Be interesting to see Mane's goals and assists when he's 26/27.

I don't think so, Mane gets into double figures for goals to Bolasie's 9 in two years, and I think is more consistent. Be interesting to see Mane's goals and assists when he's 26/27.

4 goals in the first 7 months of last season, followed by 8 in the last 2. He's going to have to improve that.

Barbosa is one that is a good buy on FM

as is some lad at Sassualo (co-owned by Juve I think)....can't remember his name buy he is mustered.

anyway, back in the real world......

edit. Berardi I think

Yeah Beradi, signed him myself. Player.

;)

Barbosa is one that is a good buy on FM

as is some lad at Sassualo (co-owned by Juve I think)....can't remember his name buy he is mustered.

anyway, back in the real world......

edit. Berardi I think

Barbosa is a FM legend.

You're not really making much sense. You said he was signed to shift merchandise.

I did. You might not agree with it, but there's nothing confusing with what I've said.

He's nowhere near a big enough name to be primarily a merchandise selling signing. Ronaldo, yeah. Gerrard to LA, yeah.

Well I think he really is, and this is a box office signing. Even when he was largely anonymous the world's commentators were on Pogba watch every time France played during the Euros, it was sickening. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting he's going to be as great a player and have the longevity of a Ronaldo or Gerrard but this is about marketing and merchandising on a grand scale, not just about the player performance which is all about the now and his recent past, but about victories off the pitch (refer below).

His performances on the pitch are not "incidental" they are critical to his star quality and his merch-shifting potential. If he and United both fail they are not going to be selling many Pogba commemorative oven gloves.

"Incidental" was probably a little extreme, to prove a point, much the same way as you have used "critical" too prove the other extreme end of the spectrum. It is somewhere between the two, but for mind closer to incidental than critical.

Take Facao signing for instance. Sure it was only a loan, but it was a £15m loan. It wasn't about him being pivotal to the team (in the end he was a dud) but selling shirts and as a broader (albeit desperate) statement of intent by the club.

This time, Manure have outbid Real Madrid and for now atleast, as a club get to act all billy big balls about it, whether Pogba performs or not.

For the record, I think (or maybe hope), he's going to get found out in the Prem League. He's a very good footballer, but he won't have the luxury of space and time like he had in Serie A. Time will tell

So let me get this right. Everton were going to have £100m to spend + Stones + Lukaku = c£200m, and CL qualification a near certainty. Was that what we were told?

Yes, although a large chunk of that £200M was earmarked to be spent on the largest brush you've ever seen (1st one in the league don't you know...), to sweep up all that broken glass from a ceiling.

Good player though Ashley Williams, let's be honest.

He was last season but look how quickly players like Lambert and Holt dropped away around the same age. Swansea have cashed in while his stock is still high and that's not really a bad plan.

I just hope Fonte, at a similar age, can maintain his form for another year.

Solid player there is no doubt about that, probably about a similar level to Fonte I'd say, but they've just replaced the best young centre back in Europe with a 31 year old.

And he cost more money than we paid for a 24 year old VVD, who is a better defender and 7 years younger.

Also just noticed he's about to turn 32 in 12 days. their squad is aging a bit, 32 and 33 year old centre back, 35 year old Barry sat in front of them.

So their big spend to push the glass ceiling has so far got them a 32 year old centre back, a back up keeper from Fulham and midfielder from one of the worst premier league teams in recent history.

Whilst also selling their best prospect.

Hopefully Lukaku will go soon and they sign like Andy Carroll to replace him.

Solid player there is no doubt about that, probably about a similar level to Fonte I'd say, but they've just replaced the best young centre back in Europe with a 31 year old.

And he cost more money than we paid for a 24 year old VVD, who is a better defender and 7 years younger.

Also just noticed he's about to turn 32 in 12 days. their squad is aging a bit, 32 and 33 year old centre back, 35 year old Barry sat in front of them.

So their big spend to push the glass ceiling has so far got them a 32 year old centre back, a back up keeper from Fulham and midfielder from one of the worst premier league teams in recent history.

Whilst also selling their best prospect.

Hopefully Lukaku will go soon and they sign like Andy Carroll to replace him.

Can't imagine West Ham would get rid of him, or that Koeman would want him.

Can't imagine West Ham would get rid of him, or that Koeman would want him.

Well he likes the crossing and liked Pelle, but was just trying to think of a striker that Everton fans would be annoyed if they signed and he fits the bill.

I would have been content with us signing Ashley Williams, and really happy with us signing Yannick Bolasie. But I just can't help but think that for the 'new Man City', they are pretty bang average acquisitions. All of Everton's current business is also covered entirely by John Stones' sale, so they haven't actually spent anything else, and they look to be going into their opening game with a very poor goalkeeper in Stekelenburg as their number one. Ambition.

I think that they might be suffering from believing in a little self-aggrandisement and players don't see Everton quite the same as Everton see themselves.

I'd imagine that's exactly the case. I'd imagine Bolasie has had to take a hell of a pay rise to move away from London to go to a bottom half team in a **** area without any European football, whereas a real 'big club' wouldn't need that to attract a player out of Palace.

West Ham United FC ‏@whufc_official

BREAKING: The Hammers have agreed a loan move for Argentinean striker @Jocalleri ⚒ #WHUFC

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/August/11-August/loan-deal-agreed-for-calleri

That one has been in the offing for a few weeks now.....their wage bill must be horrendous the amount of players they've brought in.

CHESTER OUT, BENTEKE IN?

A little more on that news that West Brom defender James Chester could be heading to Aston Villa; we understand that one could be done in the next few days and believe the fee is in the region of £7m.

More news concerning the Baggies and this time it's about a potential arrival; we understand West Brom have entered the race to sign Christian Benteke from Liverpool. We'll keep you posted on that one.

Meanwhile, Belgian defender Jason Denayer is keen to leave the Etihad following interest from Galatasaray, Swansea, Sunderland and Bournemouth.

The 21-year-old, who signed a five-year contract 12 months ago, fears that his first-team prospects have been diminished by the £47.5m arrival of John Stones and is now ready to push for a move away from the club.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-transfer-news-pep-guardiola-targets-new-goalkeeper-and-striker-on-eve-of-new-season-a7185811.html

I'm all for some Toffee-bashing but "very poor" is harsh. He's no worse than average.

I don't remember him making a save the entire time he was here, so I really don't rate him. That's not because he's joined Everton, I felt that way when he was here.