Pre-Season (2016/17)

SuperSAINT

Exactly, it's all great now we can stuff QPR under 23s.

Good Rodriguez scored but watching it, it was a poor finish the keeper shouldn't have let in. Seems very hesitant when he gets a chance. Think he'd really benefit with a month's loan to the championship and playing each week. Could come back a far better player, I just can't see it if he's playing reserve football or getting a few minutes from the bench.

Can't do month loans any more. Loans only during xfer windows.

Always liked the look of Hesketh, and should've had a couple more assists with more clinical finishing from J-Rod and maybe one or two others. Think he'll get a few chances this season. Rodriguez looks a bit of a shadow of himself still - grabbed a goal but also a few very tame efforts and not running through defences like he used to. Have got my fingers crossed he stays fit and works himself back to where he was but it'll still need time and at the moment he's still a little bit away from being ready for regular first team football from what I've seen.

Good to see quite a few under 18s playing with the older age groups and looking good. Pretty sure the trialist QPR keeper didnt earn himself a contract...!

Hesketh Interview: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160809-jake-hesketh-under-23s-southampton-5-1-qpr-3236885.aspx

(Confirms they played a diamond - interesting that they are using it as well).

So much for the club wanting to play a certain way.

This is as much evidence as I need to confirm that the club DOES all want to play a certain way - but that certain way changes as tactics evolve.

Puels pré season tactics to the Premier League has been all aut adding an additional way of play as we take on the Europa Ligue in addition to the Premier League, the Fa and League Cups. It's all been about making us more versatile.

Hesketh Interview: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160809-jake-hesketh-under-23s-southampton-5-1-qpr-3236885.aspx

(Confirms they played a diamond - interesting that they are using it as well).

I'd really like to see Hesketh get a chance this season as he's the player who has stood out when i've seen the u21's in action.

Wonder if he will though, or if he'll even get his contract extended.