Pre-Season (2016/17)

SuperSAINT

Sorry if it's been said, but what's up with the only option for tickets for the home friendlies being to collect from the ground. :rolleyes: (on top of the £1 booking fee)

Huge queues before the game to look forward to then (me being included probably as I will be unable to get down there prior to the game...like most people I should imagine).

Why not stick it on peoples ST card like last year (for those with one) and save peoples time and paper too.

You could get them posted

Sorry if it's been said, but what's up with the only option for tickets for the home friendlies being to collect from the ground. :rolleyes: (on top of the £1 booking fee)

Huge queues before the game to look forward to then (me being included probably as I will be unable to get down there prior to the game...like most people I should imagine).

Why not stick it on peoples ST card like last year (for those with one) and save peoples time and paper too.

I ordered mine late last week and they were posted to me

Can only assume that they didn't want to risk late orders getting delayed in the post

Agree with that McQueen and Martina got in good position but delivery abysmal. Keep Austin no more than 20 yards from goal otherwise wasted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McQueen's delivery yesterday was excellent late on, quick and into the dangerous zones strikers should be attacking, but we don't have a target man to pick out any more. I don't even remember Martina crossing.

Christ.....I think anyone could cherry pick one game where it all clicked.....especially against an appalling Sunderland.

We lack creativity in the final third,and have done for a while.

The number of times it all slows down....goes sideways or backwards has cost us in games we should've won or even got a point out of. And now we lost Mane,someone that had atleast one ounce of pace and daring has gone.

We look impotent in the final third and for quite sometime.

Comical. We were as rapidly attacking in the friendly as I've ever seen us with a heap of through balls and crossing and quick, mobile attackers moving the ball quickly and creating potentially goalscoring options. Some of the execution and timing was a little off but it's preseason and they're still working on the runs and timing. Massive improvement even on the Groningen game, where we had loads of ball and didn't do anything apart from get up the wing and cut it inside and not create a chance.

Comical. We were as rapidly attacking in the friendly as I've ever seen us with a heap of through balls and crossing and quick, mobile attackers moving the ball quickly and creating potentially goalscoring options. Some of the execution and timing was a little off but it's preseason and they're still working on the runs and timing. Massive improvement even on the Groningen game, where we had loads of ball and didn't do anything apart from get up the wing and cut it inside and not create a chance.

When the first team out featured and it was still 11 v 11, we didn't have "loads of the ball". Not sure what game you're watching at times pal.

Looking forward too tomorrow.

I feel it's quite an important game for us.....albeit just a 'friendly'.

Hope it's a good turn out.

Train gets in at 10am....get a ticket.....then a few beers.

Really don't know the best place to go however.....especially when on my own.

Here's hoping we are full of positivity afterwards.

Really don't like tadic central. He gets crowded out. Would like to see him, long and Redmond is a fluid 3 where any can drift wide. Does that fit this system? If one is the no10 at times. They can all do it a little but don't feel any are well suited to it.

People always seem to assume you can take a good creative player and shift them and they'll do as well or gutter. I remember all the calls for Fernandes to be left wing so he wouldn't cut in. But cutting in was his game so he played on the right. Tadic is great wide, he links with the full back, crosses well and creates from deep or the byline. We really shouldn't waste that.

The reality is the Puel has his system and playing a front three where the wider players play nearer the touch line than the middle is not his style. The front two will be strikers who split and cover either the ledt or right side from the centre to approximately the edge of the box. The role of Tasic and hopefully a new player also is the fulcrum and when we lose position they will be left as the most forward player but not isolated. The two striker will become a 2 in what looked like a 4-1-2-2-1 defensive line, occasionally 4-2-1-2-1 . The width going forward will be from the full backs predominantly. The Tadic role of last season is not what Puel wants. I have watched the friendliest on line but until Wednesday I had not quite got it, but it was fairly clear to see on Wednesday and actually I like it. As others have said, every manger who comes in normally tinkers and this is all it is. At the end of the day a decent player can make this adaptation and I think we saw glimpses on Wednesday of how good this system will be. Add in at least one more attacker/playmaker and we will see more effect in the last third. It's a process to get up to speed and actually this won't be against Watford but I expect us to be fully capable of winning. Tadic role has changed and although he is good we need better, regardless of the system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really don't like tadic central. He gets crowded out. Would like to see him, long and Redmond is a fluid 3 where any can drift wide. Does that fit this system? If one is the no10 at times. They can all do it a little but don't feel any are well suited to it.

People always seem to assume you can take a good creative player and shift them and they'll do as well or gutter. I remember all the calls for Fernandes to be left wing so he wouldn't cut in. But cutting in was his game so he played on the right. Tadic is great wide, he links with the full back, crosses well and creates from deep or the byline. We really shouldn't waste that.

Agree, although obviously hope he is great as no 10! Tadic seems to enjoy being 1-on-1 with a defender, turning them inside out and beating them. You have chance to do that as a winger but not so much centrally.

When Tadic played for Twente they tried to put him on 10 but they moved him back to the wing pretty quickly. His play style just doesn't suit that position.

I only see one position for Tadic and that's as a left winger, putting him anywhere else on the pitch is a bad idea.

I agree - that is the most natural fitting three for the way we appear to be playing thus far. Redmond and Long have the pace, movement and energy to break as we need to and also cover the full backs while Tadic is our most creative player.

I can't stress enough how counter productive it is to see Austin play wide, deep, and covering full backs when out of possession. As others have said, it wouldn't work for Pelle either. He's a very square peg in a round hole at the moment.

But if Austin can adapt to the new system, you've added all his natural fox in the box attributes to the team as well.... That's if he adapts.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

When Tadic played for Twente they tried to put him on 10 but they moved him back to the wing pretty quickly. His play style just doesn't suit that position.

I only see one position for Tadic and that's as a left winger, putting him anywhere else on the pitch is a bad idea.

I'm surprised and would be a little disappointed if that's turns out to be the case for Saints. I thought from early doors he could play as a 10. My only concern would be if he is closely marked or crowded out and loses possession we'd be vulnerable to a counter attack as he doesn't track back. If he plays the role I think he needs free reign to be as mobile as possible.

Recommendations for a decent pub/pubs before the game today would be great fully received.

In town or near the ground,possibly with sky for the midday championship game.

Usually go with my 10 year old son so don't get the opportunity to get there early and have a couple of beers.

Thanks in advance.

Recommendations for a decent pub/pubs before the game today would be great fully received.

Usually go with my 10 year old son so don't get the opportunity to get there early and have a couple of beers.

Thanks in advance.

Spitfire in centre of town opposite KFC decent real ale and cheap.

I'm surprised and would be a little disappointed if that's turns out to be the case for Saints. I thought from early doors he could play as a 10. My only concern would be if he is closely marked or crowded out and loses possession we'd be vulnerable to a counter attack as he doesn't track back. If he plays the role I think he needs free reign to be as mobile as possible.

He can play as a 10 but Tadic has the habit of turning his back into the defender as he gets the ball, which works fine for him in link up play with wing backs and 1v1 on the wing but in the middle of the pitch you often dont have the space to turn and often the only option left is to play the ball back instead of forwards.

I'm not too worried about counter attacks, there will be still 3 midfielders behind him. I'm more worried we won't get the best out of him cause on 10 he won't be able to put in as much crosses as he does on the wing and if you ask me, that's one of his biggest qualities.

With space Tadic could be a very good 10 cause he has the qualities to give the balls between lines and defenders but I don't see our opponents giving him that space down the middle. But will see I gues

Thanks in advance.

What's the wetherspoons called in ocean village?

In a new system anything is possible and Tadic has excelled so far by being given the roving 10 position with anew found excellence at tracking back and breaking top opponents play. Looks likely he'll have his best season ever under Puel.

He'd be wasted on the wing with raiding full backs especially if Ryan ever plays again which seems doubtful according to the self-style ITK's on here