• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

Well since any one country can veto the deal so that makes no sense. Either no other country wants to leave - which makes the punishment unnecessary or others do in which case they would veto the punishment deal no?

As Shurlock says its about making sure that non members do not get a better deal than members, which is absolutely fair enough.

Of course it makes sense. What the MPs at Brussels want and what each country wants are not the same thing - as Cameron found out last year. All the MPs want to stay in the EU and want it to be a success - they don’t want their people forcing a Brexit like we did so will hate it if we flourish outside.

You seem to accept that fact that the EU wont want us to have a good deal but just don’t want to call it punishment. I think you’re being naive, just like poor old Shurlock.

Of course it makes sense. What the MPs at Brussels want and what each country wants are not the same thing - as Cameron found out last year. All the MPs want to stay in the EU and want it to be a success - they don’t want their people forcing a Brexit like we did so will hate it if we flourish outside.

You seem to accept that fact that the EU wont want us to have a good deal but just don’t want to call it punishment. I think you’re being naive, just like poor old Shurlock.

A good deal = give us everything we want :lol:

Think you're being a bit naive, there is bound to be an element of punishment because they will want to deter other countries from doing the same.

We've gone from being an important part of their club to soon be a direct competitor, I'm sure, in the spirit of capitalism they will be doing all they can to make us fail.

The EU is not seeking to punish the UK it is looking after its citizens, the same cannot be said for our excuse of a Government.

On another note I think it time to ditch the kipper term, their political hero has run away, their party is finished, and their dream is turning into a nightmare. Neither is jihadis an appropriate term, while our resident leave advocates are fanatical, their beliefs they are not religiously based. As time goes by more and more people are realising the folly of leaving, it is only the true leave zealot that either refuses to acknowledge the reality and / or claim that the pain and damage it will cause is worth it. The stubbornness in defending the failures, behaviour and actions of the of the current dysfunctional, leaderless government marks them out as incapable of acknowledging any flaw in their vison. The right wing, nationalist and isolationist policy is the most detrimental to our nation any post war UK government has ever pursued. These zealots know the argument is being lost, they know that more and more of our citizens are realising that the benefits championed by the leave campaign are undeliverable, yet still they pigheadedly recite the leave mantras, post questionable evidence and grasp at straws to defend the indefensible. They claim democracy is on their side while in the same breath decrying any mention of a referendum on the final deal, a vote that I would hope would be informed by reality and understanding, and devoid of lies and personal ambition. In the words of the Zealot in Chief "In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way.” It sure as hell is.

The EU is not seeking to punish the UK it is looking after its citizens, the same cannot be said for our excuse of a Government.

On another note I think it time to ditch the kipper term, their political hero has run away, their party is finished, and their dream is turning into a nightmare. Neither is jihadis an appropriate term, while our resident leave advocates are fanatical, their beliefs they are not religiously based. As time goes by more and more people are realising the folly of leaving, it is only the true leave zealot that either refuses to acknowledge the reality and / or claim that the pain and damage it will cause is worth it. The stubbornness in defending the failures, behaviour and actions of the of the current dysfunctional, leaderless government marks them out as incapable of acknowledging any flaw in their vison. The right wing, nationalist and isolationist policy is the most detrimental to our nation any post war UK government has ever pursued. These zealots know the argument is being lost, they know that more and more of our citizens are realising that the benefits championed by the leave campaign are undeliverable, yet still they pigheadedly recite the leave mantras, post questionable evidence and grasp at straws to defend the indefensible. They claim democracy is on their side while in the same breath decrying any mention of a referendum on the final deal, a vote that I would hope would be informed by reality and understanding, and devoid of lies and personal ambition. In the words of the Zealot in Chief "In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way.” It sure as hell is.

Don't disagree with much of this - except I think the The EU will be looking after its own organisation first and it's citizens second - by punishing the UK.

It sure as hell is not over.
Mate, the EU as a border less single state and as espoused by the real unelected zealots in Brussels, is disintegrating before your eyes. The financial advantages of us being part of a trading block like the EU are vastly overstated and the pain of leaving is way less than the pain of staying.

First us, then Catalonia followed by Poland and Hungary will erect borders, both real and legal and the dominoes will fall. Wake up and smell the coffee, rather than the bullsh!t coming out of the EU.

Mate, the EU as a border less single state and as espoused by the real unelected zealots in Brussels, is disintegrating before your eyes. The financial advantages of us being part of a trading block like the EU are vastly overstated and the pain of leaving is way less than the pain of staying.

First us, then Catalonia followed by Poland and Hungary will erect borders, both real and legal and the dominoes will fall. Wake up and smell the coffee, rather than the bullsh!t coming out of the EU.

Ah the true Zealot speaketh.

I can understand the EU not wanting us to have a better deal out of the EU than in it, but don't quite understand their logic of what a better deal is. If they think freedom of movement is such a great thing, surely free trade without it, is a worse deal than free trade with it as we have now. If they think that' us losing free movement is a better deal, why are they keeping free movement for their members? I'm pretty sure if they offered us membership without free movement, we'd accept ( I wouldn't , but I'm sure the majority would). Unless they're saying that they know not having free movement is better for individual countries, but are keeping it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Ah the true Zealot speaketh.

A Zealot speaketh the truth:

France will not agree to take in any more refugees under European quota schemes pushed by Germany. The French are starting to police and ID-check transnational Schengen train traffic from Paris. Germany, too, has re-established national border controls. The Austrians are erecting a barbed wire fence on the border with fellow Schengen member Slovenia. From Hungary to Macedonia, Croatia and Slovenia, the fences are sprouting across central and southern Europe.

In the north and east, similar processes are under way. Sweden, the most open country in Europe for immigrants, re-erected ID checks and controls on the first Monday of 2016 on its border with Denmark. Denmark followed hours later with reintroduced controls on its border with Germany so that Sweden-bound refugees would not become stuck in the country, said prime minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen. At the end of 2015, the newly elected nationalist government in Warsaw, reacting to the Paris terror attacks, announced it needed to take full control of its own borders.

I disagree. The will of the French and Dutch people was clear. The EU constitution needed a referendum in those respective countries. The people of those countries made their opinion clear. The EU changed the wording to a "Treaty" and pressed on in collaboration with the French and Dutch governments, against the will of the people. No one in the EU said "hang on a minute, the French and Dutch disagree". They showed complete disregard for the peoples of sovereign nations. It is scandalous and I cannot for the life of me not see how anyone can find this acceptable.

With the Brexit vote, the eurocrats showed utter contempt for the will of the British people, talking of punishing us.

The EU constitution needed to be ratified by each member state. Some countries (like the Netherlands) decided to have a referendum and as a Dutchman I voted against this constitution as did 61,5% of the voters. Then it was up to the Dutch government to tell the EU they wouldn't accept the constitution but instead they decided to go along with the lame trick you mentioned and said no to the appeals to have another referendum about this so called Treaty of Lisbon, afraid that their citizens would also object to this. This wasn't a big surprise as the government said "the lights would go out" when the outcome of the referendum was negative for them, they had even prepared commercials about the holocaust which could be prevented by saying yes to the constitution...

Despite the pressure from the EU to acknowledge the Treaty of Lisbon, the Dutch government could and should have said "no" and there would not have been a "Treaty".

If Catalonia were to declare independence, could the Spanish FA kick Barcelona out of La Liga ?

That would be fun! :lol:

The Catalonians who believe things will get better when they are independent are fooled by their Catalonian government which claims they will have 16 billion euros more to spend when they are no longer part of Spain. They will never be part of the EU and the companies in Catalonia will face a customs wall when they want to "export" to Spain which is their main market. Their economy will crumble before their eyes... They also believe they won't have to pay anything to Spain when they leave while their pensions are in the hands of the Spanish government, it's all very silly.

They will never be part of the EU and the companies in Catalonia will face a customs wall when they want to "export" to Spain which is their main market. Their economy will crumble before their eyes... They also believe they won't have to pay anything to Spain when they leave while their pensions are in the hands of the Spanish government, it's all very silly.

It makes you wonder how Monaco and Andorra have existed quite happily as independent states for centuries, with Andorra as Catalan. If I lived in Barcelona, I would glance at Monaco, adopt their tax policies and stop sending more taxes to Madrid than they send back in benefits. It's not as if they are sponging Jocks...

It makes you wonder how Monaco and Andorra have existed quite happily as independent states for centuries, with Andorra as Catalan. If I lived in Barcelona, I would glance at Monaco, adopt their tax policies and stop sending more taxes to Madrid than they send back in benefits. It's not as if they are sponging Jocks...

There is a vast difference between a state that has been independent for centuries, and attempting to disentangle a region from it's multiplicity of interactions and obligations with a modern integrated society.

The EU constitution needed to be ratified by each member state. Some countries (like the Netherlands) decided to have a referendum and as a Dutchman I voted against this constitution as did 61,5% of the voters. Then it was up to the Dutch government to tell the EU they wouldn't accept the constitution but instead they decided to go along with the lame trick you mentioned and said no to the appeals to have another referendum about this so called Treaty of Lisbon, afraid that their citizens would also object to this. This wasn't a big surprise as the government said "the lights would go out" when the outcome of the referendum was negative for them, they had even prepared commercials about the holocaust which could be prevented by saying yes to the constitution...

Despite the pressure from the EU to acknowledge the Treaty of Lisbon, the Dutch government could and should have said "no" and there would not have been a "Treaty".

Can you imagine if the UK referendum was 61.5% in favour of remain and the government invoked Article 50 anyway. Just think about that for a minute...

There is a vast difference between a state that has been independent for centuries, and attempting to disentangle a region from it's multiplicity of interactions and obligations with a modern integrated society.

You really should inform yourself of the "modern integrated society", founded by that well known fascist dictator, Franco before the war, that is Spain. Prior to this mini-Hitler who imposed the structure of his "modern integrated society" on the Catalans, they have proclaimed independence a few times:

A Catalan Republic, also known as the Catalan State, has so far been proclaimed four times:

• In 1641, by Pau Claris.
  • In 1873, by Baldomer Lostau[2] as the "Catalan State".
  • In 1931, by Francesc Macià as the "Catalan Republic within the Iberian Federation".[3]
  • In 1934, by Lluís Companys as the "Catalan State within the Spanish Federal Republic".

Of these four proclamations, the first (1641) was performed with the objective to establish the complete independence and the rest (1873, 1931 and 1934) to establish the sovereignty and the state character of Catalonia inside an Iberian or Spanish Federal Republic.

Some of the old people beaten up by the police in Barcelona, lived through the Spanish Civil War. You should take a look at the list of names of the British and Irish killed, who were part of the International Brigade that fought against the vile old fascist dictator in the Spanish Civil War. Jack Jones, the British Trade Union leader fought there when the unions were a real political force in this country. Fair play to Corbyn for condemning the action of the Spanish police. A pity the EU didn't.

The Catalonians who believe things will get better when they are independent are fooled by their Catalonian government which claims they will have 16 billion euros more to spend when they are no longer part of Spain. They will never be part of the EU and the companies in Catalonia will face a customs wall when they want to "export" to Spain which is their main market. Their economy will crumble before their eyes... They also believe they won't have to pay anything to Spain when they leave while their pensions are in the hands of the Spanish government, it's all very silly.

If it wasn't on the side of a bus then it didn't happen.

Given Yahya Misselbrook puts great stock in the PMI, he’ll be interested to note that the UK construction PMI fell for the first time in 13 months last month -and is now in negative territory. With steep declines in output likely ahead, concerns are that the sector is entering recession.

Edited by shurlock

You really should inform yourself of the "modern integrated society", founded by that well known fascist dictator, Franco before the war, that is Spain. Prior to this mini-Hitler who imposed the structure of his "modern integrated society" on the Catalans, they have proclaimed independence a few times:

Some of the old people beaten up by the police in Barcelona, lived through the Spanish Civil War. You should take a look at the list of names of the British and Irish killed, who were part of the International Brigade that fought against the vile old fascist dictator in the Spanish Civil War. Jack Jones, the British Trade Union leader fought there when the unions were a real political force in this country. Fair play to Corbyn for condemning the action of the Spanish police. A pity the EU didn't.

Thank you for the pointless history lesson, informing me of nothing I was not already aware of. You know perfectly well that I was referring to the way that the services and social functions of Catalonia are closely integrated with Spain, and trying to create a truly independent state would be a lot harder than the UK divorcing from the EU. This is as compared to Monaco, which whilst closely linked to France, has been independent and in control of it's own destiny since the Kingdom of Sardinia disolved in the mid 1800s, long before any of the modern technical and financial entanglements came into existence.

In other news, real household disposable income per head fell 1.1 per cent in Q2 compared to a year earlier - making it the longest period of falling real disposable income in almost 6 years. Survey evidence finds that for the first time in two years, households think their personal financial situation has gotten worse over the past 12 months.

More wind in Corbyn’s sails as the good ship Brexit hits choppy waters.

Can you imagine if the UK referendum was 61.5% in favour of remain and the government invoked Article 50 anyway. Just think about that for a minute...

Hence the distrust of the European citizens in their own government and in the EU, it doesn't make any difference what the majority of the voters want, politicians of the traditional parties will do as they believe is best. As long as they feel that populist parties are no threat of course...

Oh dear.

Luxembourg gave Amazon an unfair tax dodging deal...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41497459

This was on Juncker's watch as he was the Prime Minister of Luxembourg at the time.... during that period he also acted as finance and treasury minister, taking a close interest in tax policy.

#snoutsinthetrough???

This has been known for a while and yet some still think the EU is a good idea. Read this:

The president of the European commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, spent years in his previous role as Luxembourg’s prime minister secretly blocking EU efforts to tackle tax avoidance by multinational corporations, leaked documents reveal. Years’ worth of confidential German diplomatic cables provide a candid account of Luxembourg’s obstructive manoeuvres inside one of Brussels’ most secretive committees.

This one's a laugh:

Bob Comfort, the former head of tax for Amazon, claimed Juncker had fiercely courted the online giant, behaving as a “business partner” and “helping solve problems”. Months after arriving in Luxembourg in 2003, Amazon secured a confidential deal from the local tax office. Two months ago that deal became the subject of a formal investigation by the European commission. In an interview with the Luxembourg newspaper d’Lëtzebuerger Land, Comfort said: “The Luxembourg government presents itself as business partner, and I think it’s an accurate description: it helps to solve problems.”

He recalled meetings with top civil servants from the finance ministry and Juncker, who was then serving as both prime minister and finance minister. “His message was simply: ‘If you encounter problems which you don’t seem to be able to resolve, please come back and tell me. I’ll try to help.’”

Shortly before he retired from Amazon this summer, Comfort took on the additional role of Luxembourg’s “honorary consul for the Seattle region”. An official announcement noted he had “a long-standing relationship with Luxembourg”.

Asked what his role as honorary consul for the Seattle region entailed, Comfort said: “I think there are only four Luxembourgers in all of Washington State. So I am rarely called upon to perform consular functions such as helping with visas or bailing people out of jail. My work here is to help attract business to Luxembourg.” Comfort could not be reached for further comment.

:lol:

850 people injured in Barcelona and Catelonia. Women battered and stamped on....

The EU say nothing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/caller-angry-at-eus-response-to-catalonia-cant-ans/

Sounds like your muddled line of thinking Balders. Of course, you would have fared much better what with your school debating trophies and experience giving keynote industry speeches...

Edited by shurlock

http://www.hl.co.uk/news/2017/10/4/the-pension-storm-that-is-coming-to-europe A sobering article regarding Europes and the UK's pension future

Thanks for sharing, as the rumours about the EU wanting to set up a uniform pensionplan for it's citizens (which will need the financial reserves of the pension funds in the countries who do not have too many problems) are denied, this will help to wake up my co-workers... :)

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/caller-angry-at-eus-response-to-catalonia-cant-ans/

Sounds like your muddled line of thinking Balders. Of course, you would have fared much better what with your school debating trophies and experience giving keynote industry speeches...

Hahahaha. LOL at Shurlock relying on J.O.B.Shiete to fight his battles. The leftie's massdebater-in-chief speaks... and you blindly follow...

Read this and weep, me ol pedigree chum...

http://www.elnacional.cat/en/news/european-parliament-police-repression-catalonia_198528_102.html

Finally and rightly so, but took their ****ing time.

Right, I'm off to film a series of videos surrounding the new GDPR (I will come back to how incompetent the EU are with regards to this legislation later, when I have more time).

Sweet dreams xxx

Edited by Johnny Bognor

Hahahaha. LOL at Shurlock relying on J.O.B.Shiete to fight his battles. The leftie's massdebater-in-chief speaks... and you blindly follow...

http://www.elnacional.cat/en/news/european-parliament-police-repression-catalonia_198528_102.html

Right, I'm off to film a series of videos surrounding the new GDPR (I will come back to how incompetent the EU are with regards to this legislation later, when I have more time).

Sweet dreams xxx

https://investingcaffeine.com/2010/04/14/john-mauldin-the-man-who-cries-wolf/

Sweet dreams xxx

Couldn’t give two f**cks about O’Brien. Just find it amusing that you all spout the same memes and tropes not to mention your previous meltdown about the wiping the floor with JOB :lol:

If you don’t know the difference between the views expressed at a debate inside the European Parliament and official EU policy, you’re even more clueless about the EU than I thought.

https://www.ft.com/content/768843e8-a839-11e7-93c5-648314d2c72c

Philip Hammond is facing what officials describe as “a bloodbath” in the public finances in his Budget next month as weak economic forecasts derail the government’s plans.

As much as two-thirds of the £26bn of headroom in the public finances that the chancellor created last year as a buffer for the economy through the Brexit period is likely to be wiped out after the government’s fiscal watchdog concludes its forecasts for growth have been too optimistic.

Worth noting that these downgrades have less to do with a revision of the impact of Brexit than a reassessment of productivity growth but nonetheless relevant as kippers on here continuously ignore the importance of productivity when they celebrate the strength of the UK economy. Indeed some have even suggested the UK doesn’t have a productivity problem.

Couldn’t give two f**cks about O’Brien. Just find it amusing that you all spout the same memes and tropes not to mention your previous meltdown about the wiping the floor with JOB :lol:

Hahahaha. You're his Saintsweb cheer-leader-in-chief FFS!!!

If you don’t know the difference between the views expressed at a debate inside the European Parliament and official EU policy, you’re even more clueless about the EU than I thought.

“Violence can never be the answer!” Charles Michel said on Twitter. I'm sure Spanish internal affairs are not Belgian policy. His Slovenian counterpart, Miro Cerar, also expressed his concern, saying he was “concerned” and calling for “political dialogue, rule of law and peaceful solutions”. Again, I don't see anything in the Slovenian constitution that gives him the right to comment.

Even your boyfriend Guy Verhofstadt, also said that while he did “not want to interfere” in Spain’s domestic affairs, “I absolutely condemn what happened today in Catalonia”. It was “high time for de-escalation,” he said. According you you and J.O.B. Shiete, he should have kept his mouth shut.

So whilst there might not be "official" condemnation and that it might not be policy, others found it right to speak out. It would have been interesting to hear senior representatives of the EU, maybe Junckers for instance, or was he too busy covering his arse on the corporate tax-dodging scandal he's involved with?? (Still waiting for the *****'s resignation).

Also, this could have big ramifications for the EU. If the Catalans declare independence, as they have said it is their intention to do, then when the Spanish send the tanks in, will this still be none of the EU's business?

Edited by Johnny Bognor

Hahahaha. You're his Saintsweb cheer-leader-in-chief

How many times have I previously linked to him?

From memory, I think I've only linked to a video once, maybe twice. I've never cited or referred to him outside that in any post. Some cheerleader pal. And I've only ever linked to him - not because I find him particularly interesting or persuasive (perhaps you do and you're projecting, who knows) but because he has some utter prize plums on air who could be dismissed as simpletons if only I didn't hear the same c**p repeated by brexiteers more generally.

Better luck next time, Balders.

http://www.hl.co.uk/news/2017/10/6/wall-street-moves-to-frankfurt-as-brexit-doubts-grow Many wont be sad bankers leaving the UK, but boy this is a mess that is just getting worse. Talk of the promised land when we leave is uplifting but the bare facts are becoming dire.

Labour voters , Tory and the idiot Independence party voters have cost our nation and our children a future

http://www.hl.co.uk/news/2017/10/6/wall-street-moves-to-frankfurt-as-brexit-doubts-grow Many wont be sad bankers leaving the UK, but boy this is a mess that is just getting worse. Talk of the promised land when we leave is uplifting but the bare facts are becoming dire.

Labour voters , Tory and the idiot Independence party voters have cost our nation and our children a future

What? We're not going to have a future now???? No one said this during the referendum campaign!!!

What about the other countries outside the EU? Do they have no future too? Is this why they are queuing up to join the EU?

Is having a future the main benefit of EU membership?

Just curious

Edited by Johnny Bognor

What? We're not going to have a future now???? No one said this during the referendum campaign!!!

What about the other countries outside the EU? Do they have no future too? Is this why they are queuing up to join the EU?

Is having a future the main benefit of EU membership?

Just curious

Now that it appears members of the WTO will look to get it’s pound of British flesh, including Friends of the Commonwealth, should we leave the WTO too, Balders?

Now that it appears members of the WTO will look to get it’s pound of British flesh, including Friends of the Commonwealth, should we leave the WTO too, Balders?

Who cares?? There's no future according to some. Leaving the EU has cost us that. We're doomed. I'm cashing in my pension, cashing my investments and selling my business. I intend to spunk it on women, alcohol and partying before 31/03/2019.

Many wont be sad bankers leaving the UK, but boy this is a mess that is just getting worse. Talk of the promised land when we leave is uplifting but the bare facts are becoming dire.

Four main points here.

• Frankfurt won't replace London as the world's financial centre. (see here)
  • The few jobs that go will be replaced by new ones in manufacturing due to the attractiveness of our exchange rate.
  • If Germany is such a good place for banks, why is Deutsche Bank still in deep sh !t
  • A few bankers leave London. Who cares?

As far as "Labour voters , Tory and the idiot Independence party voters have cost our nation and our children a future", I would study the unemployment rates for the under 25's in Portugal, Spain, Italy, France and Greece, my little snowflake...

Four main points here.

• The few jobs that go will be replaced by new ones in manufacturing due to the attractiveness of our exchange rate.
  • If Germany is such a good place for banks, why is Deutsche Bank still in deep sh !t

As far as "Labour voters , Tory and the idiot Independence party voters have cost our nation and our children a future", I would study the unemployment rates for the under 25's in Portugal, Spain, Italy, France and Greece, my little snowflake...

Oh dear, Yahya.

You do realise that net trade has been subtracting from -rather than adding to the UK’s growth rate since the depreciation of sterling? You also realise that during this period, export values have been increasing faster to the EU than non-EU countries? You also realise that since depreciation growth in manufacturing output has not been particularly strong compared to other countries -many of whom have not seen their currency depreciate? Never mind the basic fallacy that growth in manufacturing output or exports results in higher employment given the role of automation and ongoing productivity improvements.

No wonder, Les laughs at you.

Edited by shurlock

Four main points here.

You do make it easy don’t you, the link you provided does not state what you want it to state. Did you manage to get past the headline, here are just two quotes that tend to challenge your certainty

“However, City chiefs have warned that London’s supremacy will come under threat if the government does not secure the right kind of Brexit deal.”

“However, Frankfurt, Paris, Dublin and Amsterdam – cities vying to win financial services from London as firms consider shifting resources into the EU ahead of Brexit – all added to their scores and rose up the table.”

Manufacturing is not going to generate the jobs, it is becoming ever more automated a number of studies have concluded that the number of unemployed persons worldwide is projected to rise, this is not down to the economic crisis alone, but notably the industrial automation of processes previously performed by workers.

Deutsche Bank not a lot different to RBS, Lloyds Group from what I can see. I’m not a banking expert so I may be missing something but I seem to remember banks in many countries have had problems recently.

As the city generates up to a third of the tax take the treasury will care. But then I am sure as a true brexit zealot you will be happy to pay more to make up the shortfall.

Unemployment rates in the countries you mentioned are high for the young, in most it is good to note the trend is downwards. In other news EU countries Germany, Austria, Denmark and Holland have lower youth unemployment than the UK, all countries with economies, culture and infrastructure nearer to the UKs than the ones you have cited.

Keep trying my little zealot…

You do make it easy don’t you, the link you provided does not state what you want it to state.

If you are saying that the link supports your view that Frankfurt will replace London as the global financial centre, then you're on drugs. While you're high, you should also question, from the link, why New York should be worried about Frankfurt, as they look like they are also runs as well....

"Deutsche Bank not a lot different to RBS, Lloyds Group from what I can see. I’m not a banking expert..."??? You obviously aren't a banking expert, but I'll let you off, as none of the "banking experts" saw the 2008 crash coming. You don't have to be an expert to see that Deutsche Bank is nothing like Lloyds Bank. Here's the story to help you.

http://www.hl.co.uk/news/2017/10/6/wall-street-moves-to-frankfurt-as-brexit-doubts-grow

That's more than 84% of the people that voted.

Given that the Lib Dems and Greens were the only parties offering an opportunity to stop Brexit with a second refurendum I think it's fair to say that the UK public are more than happy to carry on with Brexit.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction