• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

Jeremy Corbyn will be delighted with us dropping out of the EU as that will leave him free to Re nationalise industries, something that you are not able to do in the EU

Precisely why he’s been a leaver his whole political career ( until he became party leader).

It always makes me laugh the way Boris cops a load of flak from remoaners , particularly amongst Tory pinkos . Yes, he may have swung the result had he campaigned for Remain. However, one thing for sure is that had Corbyn campaigned as he did in the GE, Remain would have won. The “ oh Jeremy Corbyn” Moonies don’t seem to have grasped this yet, despite their superior intelligence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does it make a difference whether it is gross or net? Whilst the figures would be reduced as a net figure, the percentages would not be much different, surely

When you're a troll, the argument doesn't really matter. It's more about insulting posters and getting a hard on when they bite. Luckily I have him on ignore, at least while no one quotes him. Boring ***t with time on his hands to post 13,000 times on the internet because his work colleagues obviously have him on ignore as well.

He needs this forum for a modicum of the respect he fails to command in the real world with his winning personality, so by all means continue the dialogue. You are obviously more committed to care in the community than I am, although thanks for making the obvious point in your post, to show what a tool he is.

Does it make a difference whether it is gross or net? Whilst the figures would be reduced as a net figure, the percentages would not be much different, surely

Of course it makes a difference, though it depends what exact point you’re trying to make.

It clearly matters if you’re making statements about how much money the UK will have to spend on the NHS and other items upon leaving the EU - unless you’re claiming that the EU will continue to pay the rebate to the UK and benefit from EU funding of research and structural and rural development :lol:

It also matters if, as Jihadi John, you’re claiming the EU is some bloated and extractive leviathan (and frankly it’s irrelevant where the staff comes from - so much as who benefits from EU policies such as the single market. Never mind that Belgium and Luxembourg which are heavily represented on EU staff pay disproportionately more in gross terms to the EU budget for that privilege).

In per capita terms, the UK makes a much lower net contribution to the EU budget than Germany, France, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland and Austria (latest available figures). In gross per capita terms, the disparity between the UK and these countries isn’t as large, though it is still favourable to the UK. Hence differences between gross and net matter proportionately.

And if your point is that the UK’s negotiating position is stronger because the UK’s departure will leave a gaping hole in the EU budget, then, yes, the UK is one of the largest overall net contributors to the EU behind Germany and France and historically Italy.

But let’s keep things in perspective instead of wetting the bed or mindlessly copying and pasting pie charts with little understanding of the size of the pie: the EU budget is minuscule in the grand scheme of things. No country pays more than 1% of gross national income (GNI) net to the EU budget (GNI and GDP are slightly different concepts but in practice, there’s little difference between the two). In 2014, the UK’s net contribution was 0.22% of GNI - that’s significantly less than the amount that the UK spends on foreign aid, for example (a good thing).

The EU will break little sweat in covering the shortfall left by the UK’s departure. Some member states may have to contribute a bit more while others may have to receive a bit less, leading to some grumbling but the overall amounts are tiny relative to the size of these countries economies. Ultimately the issue is about fairness and procedural integrity.

Edited by shurlock

When you're a troll, the argument doesn't really matter. It's more about insulting posters and getting a hard on when they bite. Luckily I have him on ignore, at least while no one quotes him. Boring ***t with time on his hands to post 13,000 times on the internet because his work colleagues obviously have him on ignore as well.

He needs this forum for a modicum of the respect he fails to command in the real world with his winning personality, so by all means continue the dialogue. You are obviously more committed to care in the community than I am, although thanks for making the obvious point in your post, to show what a tool he is.

Throwing about my post count yet taking comfort from someone who’s posted 22,000 times - how does that work, little man :lol:

More confirmation of how corrupt the EU is, here.

A top European human rights official has resigned amid a corruption investigation and complaints about him having visited Syria with Russian MPs.

Pedro Agramunt resigned as president of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE). The council is Europe's main human rights watchdog.

Tip of the iceberg, in my opinion. All I can say is we should get the hell out of Dodge, ASAP. In charge of human rights, FFS...

More confirmation of how corrupt the EU is, here.

Tip of the iceberg, in my opinion. All I can say is we should get the hell out of Dodge, ASAP. In charge of human rights, FFS...

Oh dear - another schoolboy howler there John.

The Council of Europe is totally distinct from the EU. You're like the same Brexit clowns who confuse the ECJ and the European Court of Human Rights. Indeed their hatred of the former is largely derived from their hatred of the latter.

The referendum result has no implications whatsoever for the UK's relationship with the Council of Europe or the European Convention of Human Rights. You really are a special little guy.

A kippers wet dream and Brexiteers biggest hope - that the tooth fairy will come and save them.

The party that Farage campaigned for? Increasingly there is not much difference between UKIP's policies and AFD.

"Nigel Farage tells German anti-immigrant party AfD: 'Once you are able to speak the unspeakable people will begin to think the unthinkable'

The former Ukip leader was personally invited to speak at the Berlin event by Beatrix von Storch, the granddaughter of Hitler's finance minister"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/nigel-farage-germany-right-wing-anti-immigrant-afd-berlin-hitler-finance-minister-granddaughter-a7937126.html

Get in!! It's taken 4928 posts, but we've finally hit Godwin! :D

Evidence that they're all dissatisfied with the EU -as opposed to other issues such as the influx of Syrian refugees and fear of Islam which, of course, have nothing to do with the EU?

Of course, not everyone who voted AfD is dissatisfied with the EU. Equally, not everyone who voted for other parties is satisfied with the EU. I was pointing out that the perception of Germany being entirely pro EU is false, and as Nick and others pointed out, a lot of them already resent forking out towards the southern Europeans and that's only going to get worse when the bill goes up. I'd also say that it's a hell of a step for Germany to vote in such numbers for a right wing party standing on an anti immigrant platform, is there even a precedent for that post-war?

Of course, not everyone who voted AfD is dissatisfied with the EU. Equally, not everyone who voted for other parties is satisfied with the EU. I was pointing out that the perception of Germany being entirely pro EU is false, and as Nick and others pointed out, a lot of them already resent forking out towards the southern Europeans and that's only going to get worse when the bill goes up. I'd also say that it's a hell of a step for Germany to vote in such numbers for a right wing party standing on an anti immigrant platform, is there even a precedent for that post-war?

Clearly not everyone in Germany is pro-EU, though support for it is at a 25 year high. Ultimately it's all relative. How many people are genuinely satisfied with their own domestic political arrangements? To repeat, the rise of AfD is largely attributable to Germany's refugee intake - see just today Merkel's announcement of a cap that will not let in more than 200,000 refugees a year, except in emergencies.

There's a blatant hypocrisy among brexiteers. On the one hand, they're happy to bash the EU for being inflexible and punitive when it insists that counties like Greece repay the debt they owe and push through structural reform in order to protect taxpayers in Northern Europe. Yet when proposals for risk-sharing and debt forgiveness are raised, the EU gets slaughtered for sacrificing member states interests (which of course is debatable). Like everything else, the Brexit loons want to have their cake and eat it.

As I said elsewhere, sections of German society, notably exporters have benefited handsomely from an undervalued euro and frictionless access to markets in Southern Eurozone whose companies cannot compete with German imports. That those benefits are not shared as widely as some might hope has little to do with the EU -and everything to do with the configuration of domestic politics and policies.

He truly is a sad case. Posters that are more intelligent than him get called trolls and put on ignore.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen - or in Misselbrook’s case, whine and bîtch and put you on ignore. Even when he’s furiously copying and pasting a new article to distract from his last f**k up, he’s still all over the place. The Council of Europe, part of the EU? :lol:

The bloke is an absolute mess - even fellow Brexiteers on here are embarrassed by him.

Holy fu ck. The table on p.19 of this is scary (Trigger warning to Brexit Jihadists - you won't understand this, therefore will dismiss it as project fear).

http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/853811484835908129/pdf/WPS7947.pdf

Yep, really scary!

A chart that is using data from 2011 that gives a warning about its calculations being 'back of the envelope' and 'accounting for partial effects' which has no consideration for 'general equilibrium' or 'welfare implications' and doesn't 'account for possible re-direction of exports to non-EU countries'.

Pretty much sounds like everything you make up and post as 'FACT'. Probably about as useful as a chart that has figures 'plucked from thin air'. Terrifying!

Mental!

Yep, really scary!

A chart that is using data from 2011 that gives a warning about its calculations being 'back of the envelope' and 'accounting for partial effects' which has no consideration for 'general equilibrium' or 'welfare implications' and doesn't 'account for possible re-direction of exports to non-EU countries'.

Pretty much sounds like everything you make up and post as 'FACT'. Probably about as useful as a chart that has figures 'plucked from thin air'. Terrifying!

Mental!

You love your general equilibrium effects, don’t you?

Of course it makes a difference, though it depends what exact point you’re trying to make.

It clearly matters if you’re making statements about how much money the UK will have to spend on the NHS and other items upon leaving the EU - unless you’re claiming that the EU will continue to pay the rebate to the UK and benefit from EU funding of research and structural and rural development :lol:

It also matters if, as Jihadi John, you’re claiming the EU is some bloated and extractive leviathan (and frankly it’s irrelevant where the staff comes from - so much as who benefits from EU policies such as the single market. Never mind that Belgium and Luxembourg which are heavily represented on EU staff pay disproportionately more in gross terms to the EU budget for that privilege).

In per capita terms, the UK makes a much lower net contribution to the EU budget than Germany, France, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland and Austria (latest available figures). In gross per capita terms, the disparity between the UK and these countries isn’t as large, though it is still favourable to the UK. Hence differences between gross and net matter proportionately.

And if your point is that the UK’s negotiating position is stronger because the UK’s departure will leave a gaping hole in the EU budget, then, yes, the UK is one of the largest overall net contributors to the EU behind Germany and France and historically Italy.

But let’s keep things in perspective instead of wetting the bed or mindlessly copying and pasting pie charts with little understanding of the size of the pie: the EU budget is minuscule in the grand scheme of things. No country pays more than 1% of gross national income (GNI) net to the EU budget (GNI and GDP are slightly different concepts but in practice, there’s little difference between the two). In 2014, the UK’s net contribution was 0.22% of GNI - that’s significantly less than the amount that the UK spends on foreign aid, for example (a good thing).

The EU will break little sweat in covering the shortfall left by the UK’s departure. Some member states may have to contribute a bit more while others may have to receive a bit less, leading to some grumbling but the overall amounts are tiny relative to the size of these countries economies. Ultimately the issue is about fairness and procedural integrity.

Who knows what point I'm ever trying to make lol.

Iwas just pointing out that whether it is nett or gross, the size or percentage would be the same.

As ive mentioned countless times I voted in, but on some days I am pleased that we are leaving, on others I'm very sad about it. Eg when Iposted up about the pension hole in the EU's finances I was very happy to be cut away,bit then I read bout the Germans trying to knick our banking ,then very sad

I suggest the majority of our countries citizens feel the same, not knowing what the hell is going to happen. For the rabid in or outs they are only happy with one outcome

Those 2 things don't seem to add up to me, but the last seems to be most important. I haven't time to really delve into all this as I have a business to run, although at present there does seem a crisis of confidence in the purchasing public and the footfall has dropped.

Those 2 things don't seem to add up to me, but the last seems to be most important. I haven't time to really delve into all this as I have a business to run, although at present there does seem a crisis of confidence in the purchasing public and the footfall has dropped.

They add up: the UK has a larger population, so while it pays less in per capita terms, it’s overall contribution is bigger. Needless to say that contribution is tiny in the grand scheme of things i.e. relative to the size of these countries economies and national governments budgets. Any shortfall left by the UK’s departure will not be difficult to meet: whether the EU is prepared to cede on this out of principle is another matter, however.

And to repeat: net and gross contributions do not lead to the ‘same percentage or size’. This assumes every country gets proportionately the same deduction. They don’t. The UK is virtually unique in terms of the generosity and the safeguards attached to the rebate it receives.

Edited by shurlock

although at present there does seem a crisis of confidence in the purchasing public

At present?

According to YouGov consumer confidence in Sept was at a 6 month high.

http:// https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/09/28/consumer-confidence-hits-six-month-high/

Retail gazette report “ steady rise” in sales in September.

http:// https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2017/10/steady-rise-retail-sales-september/

And the ONS latest report?

“In August 2017, the quantity bought (volume) in the retail sales industry increased by 1.0% compared with July 2017; with other non-food stores and non-store retailing as the main contributors to growth.

Compared with August 2016, the quantity bought increased by 2.4%; the 52nd consecutive month of year-on-year increase in retail sales.

Year-on-year contribution of food stores remains flat whilst there was a fall in the contribution of growth within petrol stations, showing that contributions to the overall growth came from non-essential items.

The underlying pattern in the retail industry is one of growth, three-months on three-months the quantity bought has increased by 1.2%.

Store prices increased across all store types on the year, with non-food stores and non-store retailing recording their highest year-on-year price growth since March 1992, at 3.2% and 3.3% respectively.”

And the British Retail Consortium (BRC) said last month’s sales growth was the best since January last year.

Imagine what it would be like if remoaners in sensitive positions stopped trying to frighten everyone. Despite continuation of project fear, confidence is up.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

They add up: the UK has a larger population, so while it pays less in per capita terms, it’s overall contribution is bigger. Needless to say that contribution is tiny in the grand scheme of things i.e. relative to the size of these countries economies and national governments budgets. Any shortfall left by the UK’s departure will not be difficult to meet: whether the EU is prepared to cede on this out of principle is another matter, however.

And to repeat: net and gross contributions do not lead to the ‘same percentage or size’. This assumes every country gets proportionately the same deduction. They don’t. The UK is virtually unique in terms of the generosity and the safeguards attached to the rebate it receives.

Whilst CAP payments for the UK are approximately £4bn, the French get £10bn.

According to the EU, there are more than 30 ways to calculate net contribution.

Like an old wise man said to me.... where there's mystery, there's margin

Whilst CAP payments for the UK are approximately £4bn, the French get £10bn.

According to the EU, there are more than 30 ways to calculate net contribution.

Like an old wise man said to me.... where there's mystery, there's margin

Well according to the IFS (latest available figures) the UK’s net contribution -in per capita and overall terms- is still lower than that of France, even after taking account of all these adjustments.

At present?

http:// https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/09/28/consumer-confidence-hits-six-month-high/

http:// https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2017/10/steady-rise-retail-sales-september/

“In August 2017, the quantity bought (volume) in the retail sales industry increased by 1.0% compared with July 2017; with other non-food stores and non-store retailing as the main contributors to growth.

Compared with August 2016, the quantity bought increased by 2.4%; the 52nd consecutive month of year-on-year increase in retail sales.

Year-on-year contribution of food stores remains flat whilst there was a fall in the contribution of growth within petrol stations, showing that contributions to the overall growth came from non-essential items.

The underlying pattern in the retail industry is one of growth, three-months on three-months the quantity bought has increased by 1.2%.

Store prices increased across all store types on the year, with non-food stores and non-store retailing recording their highest year-on-year price growth since March 1992, at 3.2% and 3.3% respectively.”

And the British Retail Consortium (BRC) said last month’s sales growth was the best since January last year.

Imagine what it would be like if remoaners in sensitive positions stopped trying to frighten everyone. Despite continuation of project fear, confidence is up.

It is important to differentiate between volume and price growth - the latter is unlikely to be ‘good’ if it just reflects inflationary pressures from a weaker pound. There’s also uncertainty whether purchases are being driven by essentials or big ticket items - the latter would imply greater confidence in the UK economy (ONS and BRC-KPMG Retail Sales Monitor are in disagreement here). Surveys like YouGov certainly suggest consumer confidence is up, though it is still lower than before the referendum.

Edited by shurlock

At present?

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/09/28/consumer-confidence-hits-six-month-high/

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2017/10/steady-rise-retail-sales-september/

Another little snippet to depress the traitors...

Tourism is booming in the UK with nearly 40 million overseas people expected to have visited the country during 2017 - a record figure.Tourist promotion agency VisitBritain forecasts overseas trips to the UK will increase 6% to 39.7 million with spending up 14% to £25.7bn this year.

Britons are also holidaying at home in record numbers. British Tourist Authority chairman Steve Ridgway said tourism was worth £127bn annually to the economy.

He called the sector an "economic powerhouse" and a "job creator right across Britain". "Two-and-a-half times bigger than the automotive industry, employing three million, tourism is one of our most successful exports and needs no trade deals to compete globally."

At present?

/wibble/

The Brexit Jihadists' last resort for 'it's okay, really' - a consumer bubble.

At least King **** was self-aware. Modern ****s have absolutely no clue.

I am sure it has not been missed by our super informed Brexit Zealots but the nation’s defence is currently the subject of yet another cost cutting review. The headlines have been stolen by the possibility that the UK will lose its LitM Amphibious capability, echoes of John Knotts ill thought plans of 1981. What has this to do with Brexit the Zealots cry, it is lack of money in these austere times they chant, not Brexit. Well think again while the government has put some new funding into the defence one of the most serious early consequences of Brexit has been the depreciation of Sterling against the US dollar. Among other planned purchases, this has made the new F-35 strike fighter, central to both the aircraft carrier program and the modernisation of the Royal Air Force, very much more expensive at a time when acquisition of the new fighter is just getting into stride. So Brexit is having a direct negative impact on our nation’s ability to defend itself, I’m sure you patriotic zealots will agree with me this is very bad. Conversely the weak pound offers little solace to the BAE workers about to lose their jobs due to lack of export orders.

I am sure it has not been missed by our super informed Brexit Zealots but the nation’s defence is currently the subject of yet another cost cutting review. The headlines have been stolen by the possibility that the UK will lose its LitM Amphibious capability, echoes of John Knotts ill thought plans of 1981. What has this to do with Brexit the Zealots cry, it is lack of money in these austere times they chant, not Brexit. Well think again while the government has put some new funding into the defence one of the most serious early consequences of Brexit has been the depreciation of Sterling against the US dollar. Among other planned purchases, this has made the new F-35 strike fighter, central to both the aircraft carrier program and the modernisation of the Royal Air Force, very much more expensive at a time when acquisition of the new fighter is just getting into stride. So Brexit is having a direct negative impact on our nation’s ability to defend itself, I’m sure you patriotic zealots will agree with me this is very bad. Conversely the weak pound offers little solace to the BAE workers about to lose their jobs due to lack of export orders.

You've got this all wrong. Brexit Jihadists place the blame on everyone but themselves for any negative consequences of Brexit.

They want their 72 virgins - WTO rules - and they want them NOW. Then we'll be in those sunny uplands that their caliphs have promised them.

Can we change the title of the thread please, should be Post EU - The moaning c*nts.

The only reason we had a referendum was to silence the moaning c*nts in the Tory party and UKIP, now those self-same the moaning c*nts think they have won something and no else is allowed to moan, irony or just plain old hypocrisy?

The only reason we had a referendum was to silence the moaning c*nts in the Tory party and UKIP, now those self-same the moaning c*nts think they have won something and no else is allowed to moan, irony or just plain old hypocrisy?

Think most areas that voted Brexit were Labour ones so you might as well stop that pathetic red v blue ******.

Both those parties had a 'press on with Brexit regardless of the effects' policy at the last election and they hoovered up over 84% of the vote.

Conversely the weak pound offers little solace to the BAE workers about to lose their jobs due to lack of export orders.

What a load of horse ****. The redundancies are down to a fall in orders. Funnily enough, 15% of the F35 is built here by Lockheed Martin, whose orders are booming. Maybe they could move across. As it happens, you could easily argue that due to the fall in the £, the remaining BAE workers were saved by a weaker £.

What a load of horse ****. The redundancies are down to a fall in orders. Funnily enough, 15% of the F35 is built here by Lockheed Martin, whose orders are booming. Maybe they could move across. As it happens, you could easily argue that due to the fall in the £, the remaining BAE workers were saved by a weaker £.

Good to see you have the answers again. BAE workers moving across, you do realise why that is about the most naive statement I have seen on this thread and that is some achievement.

Good to see you have the answers again. BAE workers moving across, you do realise why that is about the most naive statement I have seen on this thread and that is some achievement.

The Typhoon is facing stiff competition, funnily enough from the F-35 (hey we're even buying some). Politically selling to the middle east is not en vogue anymore. The fact that the £ is weaker, protects the remaining BAE workers, in that the Typhoon is more competitive, in what is a highly competitive market.

Following today's Times article by Phillip Hammond and his appearance in front of the Treasury, Jihadists have got the hump that the government's threat of no-no deal is as credible as a child rattling a fence behind a cordon of police at the football.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/10/philip-hammonds-brexit-no-deal-bind/

Some of the reactions on order-order and at the express are hilarious. Complete amateurs :lol:

Think most areas that voted Brexit were Labour ones so you might as well stop that pathetic red v blue ******.

Both those parties had a 'press on with Brexit regardless of the effects' policy at the last election and they hoovered up over 84% of the vote.

Exactly. For all the insults, the Brexiters were more in touch with the British public than Remain were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bit harsh . The bitter losers, is a better one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more of this sh*te I read the more convinced I am that the remain side will only be happy when the economy collapses so they can say they were right.

Think you’ll find that far more Brexiteers would be happy to damage the economy to get their way than Remainers would.

That goes without saying. Pretty much the entire argument in favour of a remain vote was on economic grounds, while large swathes of the argument in favour of a leave vote was on grounds unconnected (or perceived as unconnected) with the economy.

That goes without saying. Pretty much the entire argument in favour of a remain vote was on economic grounds, while large swathes of the argument in favour of a leave vote was on grounds unconnected (or perceived as unconnected) with the economy.

Brexiteers already got their way using a concept known as democracy. Suck it up, Scotty. The Scots remained part of the UK and we all got the Tories running the show. If people have a chance to exercise their vote on any of these issues, the reality may change. In the meantime, it would be nice if some on here would stop whining...

Think you’ll find that far more Brexiteers would be happy to damage the economy to get their way than Remainers would.

The assumption that everything would have been OK by remaining is naive to say the least. Remainers talk as if there is NO risk to remaining. There is risk attached to staying in. Granted in the short term, the risks associated with leaving are greater, but I for one do not wish for the UK to fail unlike some. Had we stayed in, I would still want the UK to prosper.

Brexiteers already got their way using a concept known as democracy. Suck it up, Scotty. The Scots remained part of the UK and we all got the Tories running the show. If people have a chance to exercise their vote on any of these issues, the reality may change. In the meantime, it would be nice if some on here would stop whining...

Suck what up? I'm more or less neutral on which way the vote went, was pointing out to shurlock that those in favour of leaving are more likely to accept economic damage as part of the price as they were voting partly for other reasons than the economy.

Why? Whatever their motives, it doesn’t make them any more honorable or any less selfish: the majority of Brexiteers and a sizeable number of Remainers are more than happy to sacrifice others livelihoods and interests -which is the key point- to achieve their goals.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction