Southampton U23 v Man Utd U23

magnet

Hesketh has the ability if he progresses physically. Needs a chance in a cup game soon. Olomola looks good too, raw but good. Nice to produce a more powerful forward after loads of lightweight players.

Looked like a good team overall. While we need signings, I do hope a few of them get chances in the next year or two.

I went to the game last night, really enjoyed it, free entry, had an excellent seat half way in the Itchen watching a very competitive entertaining match. At the back our centre back pairing looked good , McQueen continued to impress at left back. Reed and O'connor controlled the middle of the pitch. Hesketh our most promising player I think, having made it into the first team in 2014 against Burnley and Man Utd he's strengthened up a lot.

Where has Johnson come from? Looked very strong out wide.

I remember that last season there was talk that every team would be playing the same system, from the kids through to the PL.

I'm sure it was during a Les Read interview.

So if the U23's weren't playing the diamond, has that idea gone out the window or has CP decided decided to bin the diamond entirely?

I have seen any games this season, so I'm only going on reports on here...

Hesketh definitely deserves a chance, always looked good when i've seen him being skillful and with an eye for a key pass. Has a pretty good shot on him too (JWP take note). Johnson and Olomola also looked good, wouldnt be surprised to see Hesketh and Olomola get first team playing time in the not too distant future.

I remember that last season there was talk that every team would be playing the same system, from the kids through to the PL.

So if the U23's weren't playing the diamond, has that idea gone out the window or has CP decided decided to bin the diamond entirely?

Why can't Claude have more than 1 formation?

Took the nipper along last night and we both enjoyed it.

Am I right in thinking that the rules say that 3 games have to be played at SMS? We have Spurs and Man C to come there, to make the 3 up. Is it ever possible to watch at Staplewood?

And as an aside, I like the Daily mail's reporting. We don't feature at all. Usually they are keen to follow Utd Reserves, but obviously not when we are involved or maybe it is because we won. They do however have an article on Chelsea U23 vs Liverpool U23, with Chelsea winning 4-1.

Why can't Claude have more than 1 formation?

I wasn't suggesting he should or shouldn't play any formation, just recalling that the club seemed to suggest there was one system for all teams, making it easier to progress through.

I'm not the manager, as long as he gives us quality football, he can play whatever system he likes....!

Took the nipper along last night and we both enjoyed it.

Am I right in thinking that the rules say that 3 games have to be played at SMS? We have Spurs and Man C to come there, to make the 3 up. Is it ever possible to watch at Staplewood?

And as an aside, I like the Daily mail's reporting. We don't feature at all. Usually they are keen to follow Utd Reserves, but obviously not when we are involved or maybe it is because we won. They do however have an article on Chelsea U23 vs Liverpool U23, with Chelsea winning 4-1.

Remember we will also get to see many of these lads on the "road to Wembley" in the CheckaTrade Cup, Charlton away next Tuesday, plus we also visit Colchester and have Crawley at home, i'll probably just do the game at St Marys but will be interesting to see how they get on.

The other possibility is that we're about to sign a target man and still play 4-2-3-1 throughout the club (apart from temporarily in the first team).

Hesketh definitely deserves a chance, always looked good when i've seen him being skillful and with an eye for a key pass.

Has a pretty good shot on him too (JWP take note).

Johnson and Olomola also looked good, wouldnt be surprised to see Hesketh and Olomola get first team playing time in the not too distant future.

whilst I agree with your comments of the players (above) I think they are too inexperienced to " experiment " with in the Prem side.

If you need a real goal poacher?, we'll have to wait until Ryan Seager is back fit again.