Davies to Stoke <Confirmed on Echo>

Glasgow_Saint

His first quote or the very muddled clarification? Don't worry, I am a true fan and have no axe to grind with any of these Directors.

I was disappointed when Pearson went, when Woggy went and no doubt more disappointment TO COME from my daughter when Surman goes. I will even get over it when Davies goes but please do not try to tell me that our coach knows what is going on around him as I believe he was totally in the dark which is very worrying.

No argument with any of my fellow posters just my opinion about the state of our club.

My opinion and all that. I still live in hope.

I disagree with your opinion because you have no idea what is going on on at SFC and his complete conjecture.

However you may be right but all logic tells me you are wrong.

Organisations I would have thought consult with people in them all the time I just want SFC to stablise and become relatively successful.

Like you I am not very happy about the situation but hope for the best at least Pompey lost 4 0

Edited by John B

I disagree with your opinion because you have no idea what is going on on at SFC and his complete conjecture.

However you may be right but all logic tells me you are wrong.

Organisations I would have thought consult with people in them all the time I just want SFC to stablise and become relatively successful.

Like you I am not very happy about the situation but hope for the best at least Pompey lost 4 0

As a fan of Southampton I have never been right yet, as The Chairman has told me on a regular basis but then again I do not think he has always been right and he has proved that may times but I suppose that is his perogative.

Thats my logic and only my humble opinion

My other logic is that the Football Chairman should be running the Football side but does not always seem to be on the loop. I am sure Mr Wilde will tell us differently but I did think JP would have a fair crack of the whip but now appears to have his hands tied behind his back.

Bearing this all in mind I might have it totally wrong as they do not allow me in the loop as I am outside the organisation except when they invite me in on match days. Anyway I leave you in peace as I know its not your fault and we both obviously enjoyed Pompei coming second best.

As a fan of Southampton I have never been right yet, as The Chairman has told me on a regular basis but then again I do not think he has always been right and he has proved that may times but I suppose that is his perogative.

Thats my logic and only my humble opinion

My other logic is that the Football Chairman should be running the Football side but does not always seem to be on the loop. I am sure Mr Wilde will tell us differently but I did think JP would have a fair crack of the whip but now appears to have his hands tied behind his back.

Bearing this all in mind I might have it totally wrong as they do not allow me in the loop as I am outside the organisation except when they invite me in on match days. Anyway I leave you in peace as I know its not your fault and we both obviously enjoyed Pompei coming second best.

Yes I know I just feel I am tapping away here waiting for something good to happen and nothing really good has happened to SFC since December 2003 when we were fourth in the Premiership.

Yes I know I just feel I am tapping away here waiting for something good to happen and nothing really good has happened to SFC since December 2003 when we were fourth in the Premiership.

You are right..

Mr lowe had the chance to move us forward with some investment

in the team,but we stood still and everyone else overtook us.

That was the trigger factor in our decline.

You are right..

Mr lowe had the chance to move us forward with some investment

in the team,but we stood still and everyone else overtook us.

That was the trigger factor in our decline.

I am sorry but I really need convincing that there was money available to move us forward.

Unfortunately nobody wants Skacel which is not a surpise really

Edited by John B

Glad to see Lowe has the same high aspirations for this club that he always has done!

Why sell what is possibly our best player? Yes his wages are high, but so are Skacel's, get shot of him rather than Davies Lowe you plank!

i think the idea of selling someone is that there has to be a buyer the other end...I may be wrong though

Glad to see Lowe has the same high aspirations for this club that he always has done!

Why sell what is possibly our best player? Yes his wages are high, but so are Skacel's, get shot of him rather than Davies Lowe you plank!

Because he wants to leave and because he is one of the high earners. Besides, we're trying to get rid of Skacel, there's just no takers.

Watching someone play is much more helpfull then watching DVD's en VCR's which I'm sure Poortvliet did already. The problem with videofootage is that it isn't focussed at one player so you don't get the total picture of how he played.

But then again some of the alleged ITKs said that JP had been over watching games before Mr Lowe and Mr Wilde returned. Now I believe he has seen him play more than a few times. That is my honest opinion and if you want me to prove I will need a little time. Just thought it was a strange statement to make particularly as JP would have known Davies was coming back to the squad and would have been an added bonus. Then again he might not have watched any of our games...I wonder.

But then again some of the alleged ITKs said that JP had been over watching games before Mr Lowe and Mr Wilde returned. Now I believe he has seen him play more than a few times. That is my honest opinion and if you want me to prove I will need a little time. Just thought it was a strange statement to make particularly as JP would have known Davies was coming back to the squad and would have been an added bonus. Then again he might not have watched any of our games...I wonder.

So you are now saying JP is not telling the truth.

JP was a full time manager in Holland last year so his trips to Southampton would have been limited

i think the idea of selling someone is that there has to be a buyer the other end...I may be wrong though

Oh you are funny TDD. We should not be selling this guy, regardless of our situation. Lowe should just offer Skacel, Euell etc a mutual termination of their contracts if there are no buyers. This would save us money in the long term.

So you are now saying JP is not telling the truth.

JP was a full time manager in Holland last year so his trips to Southampton would have been limited

No but is he sure?

You might be right as the ITKs who defended his appointment by Mr Lowe and kept telling us on this , sorry previous forums, that they had seen him at games? at airport? or have they been mis-leading me. That was the impression they were giving to show that they, The Dutch duo, knew our team and could make team decisions early on. I would never call anyone a liar but thought it was strange. But if that is what he truly says and he has NEVER seen Davies play even for other teams or even when he has watched U19 U21 etc. or that maybe that was Mark Wotte, but then again he might not take his fellow coachs advice .

Confused of the terraces.

Edited by ottery st mary

Personally, I can see through back-tracking and PR bullsh*t. Especially after what he said yesterday.

Face facts, he is just a yes man for Lowe.

I can't really see the contradiction between what he said yesterday and the statement today. The fact that his statements yesterday caused some confusion made SFC release this statement. I don't see that much bull****, yesterday Poortvliet had been busy with a match and since he himself does not deal with the transfers I don't find it strange that he wasn't exactly sure where the negotiations were at that point in time. He had a match to coach. The reason for this statement to be released was just to clarify that this deal is not being done behind Jans back (something I don't really believe anyway, he knew we were on a very very tight budget so can hardly be surprised so why would you keep it a secret).

To summarize:

1. We and Davies are in negotiations with Stoke but its not a done deal

2. He wants to leave so if its not Stoke then it will probably be someone else he ends up with.

3. Jan was aware of the interest and negotiations but was not exactly sure how the negotiations were going. Something that was sort of clear yesterday as well although they have removed that part of the statement from the Birmingham match report.

Oh you are funny TDD. We should not be selling this guy, regardless of our situation. Lowe should just offer Skacel, Euell etc a mutual termination of their contracts if there are no buyers. This would save us money in the long term.

What if they don't accept? And how exactly would it save us money in the long-term, they would want money to cover the salaries they would earn with us.

If Davies wants to go the the premiership then fair play, it's called ambition and lets face it we won't be there for a long time.

We nearly did but the deal fell down with SFC not to blame.

What I don't understand is what was Leon Crouch doing as chairman in allowing the wages and fee be paid for Davies in the first place, when it was clear that the club were in financial difficulties. The Same can be said about Euell, if the club had a more prudent approach in the last couple of years, then perhaps we would not be in this mess now.

Please elaborate, thanks.

DOn't bother reading the elaboration. Its StubbSaint, he won't have a good things to say about Poortvliet if we win promotion. It still is funny though that he refers to them as jokers since there's only one in charge of the first team and only one making a statement on OS. Perhaps he can't count.

What I don't understand is what was Leon Crouch doing as chairman in allowing the wages and fee be paid for Davies in the first place, when it was clear that the club were in financial difficulties. The Same can be said about Euell, if the club had a more prudent approach in the last couple of years, then perhaps we would not be in this mess now.

Apparently Crouch and "one other" paid the fee themselves to get AD here.

Probably in the middle of the defence. Always hard to judge though,Players who look ok at this level sometimes just can't make the jump up.

Haven't got a clue at full-back. Never seen the guy play there.Don't really understand why you'd buy a player like Davies to play at right-back.

Hate to rub it in, but on Delilahs forum it has been posted that Davies was in attendance at our game with Bolton yesterday, if this is the case, then talks are obviously at an advanced stage.

If he is half as good as the last Southampton reject we had, Then he'll do us, and Tony Pulis proud.

Ricci has never played so many games injury free. ;)

Or how accept reduced wages and you'll get in the side. Play really well for the next season and put yourself in the shop window to be sold at the end of it.

Hate to rub it in, but on Delilahs forum it has been posted that Davies was in attendance at our game with Bolton yesterday, if this is the case, then talks are obviously at an advanced stage.

If he is half as good as the last Southampton reject we had, Then he'll do us, and Tony Pulis proud.

Ricci has never played so many games injury free. ;)

He is twice the professional of Fuller. Oh and by the way, you will get less points then Derby did in the Premiership last season....best of luck ;)