1. 1. SWF Exit Poll

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • Brexit
    • SNP/Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant

I'm not embarrassed at all at your pathetic dissembling, Gavin, or the attempts of your cohort remoaners to try and put words into my mouth. I find it all very amusing sometimes and boring on other occasions. This is one of those boring occasions.

You really do need to raise your game, Gavin. I'm quite happy to count down the days until the 12th December. Where Musk builds his factory isn't going to influence the vote on the day, so stop p*ssing in the wind.

You’re well out of your depth up against him, and everyone can see it regardless of their opinion on Brexit.

Best to leave it.

Party leaders tend to get a bit of a boost in their own constituencies during election campaign, lots of publicity & limelight. I’d be amazed if either lost their seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Swinson will be a casualty after the election.

She had made huge statements about lots of things, and given the state of labour, she should be swiping seats from them all over the place.

I don’t think her message is good outside of those who would vote for her traditionally anyway (which is not a lot)

It made complete sense for the previous HOC to elect the speaker. Apart from one or two exceptions they had all served with the candidates for the length of the parliament. They’d all seen their strengths, characteristics and behaviour. The new parliament could contain 150 newbies who wouldn’t have a clue whether or not Lynsey Hoyle or one of the others would make a good speaker.

They would also be under pressure on their first day, without having to pick a speaker.

Yet again Soggy fails to see common sense.

It made complete sense for the previous HOC to elect the speaker. Apart from one or two exceptions they had all served with the candidates for the length of the parliament. They’d all seen their strengths, characteristics and behaviour. The new parliament could contain 150 newbies who wouldn’t have a clue whether or not Lynsey Hoyle or one of the others would make a good speaker.

They would also be under pressure on their first day, without having to pick a speaker.

Yet again Soggy fails to see common sense.

Given that 650 MPs are returned there will always be plenty of experienced people to choose from. Also why do the Speakers have to be MPs? Why not have experienced civil servants doing the job? That way every MP is properly elected and every MP gets to vote on issues in the House. Given the way you carry on about “democracy” I would have thought you would be in total agreement.

That would usually be by choice would it not? The Speaker doesn’t have a choice.

There are many things wrong with our electoral / democratic / Parliamentary system, most of which are more critical than whether the Speaker's constituents are being short changed.

I have been a political reporter for almost three decades and have never encountered a senior British politician who lies and fabricates so regularly, so shamelessly and so systematically as Boris Johnson.

Per Peter Oborne who wrote the book on political lying. Calling Brett from Camden aka Batman to serve up his daily dish of whataboutery.

What an absolute farce this has been. Pathetic moderator has no control at all, Johnson is just blustering his way through difficult questions with sound bites, Corbyn follows suit and refuses to answer direct questions.

Johnson always gets off lightly from interviewers.

Awful format. What is the obsession with audience participation and the host butting in every few minutes , it’s made QT unwatchable and these debates are a joke. The stupid Xmas question just about summed it up.

Suspect this won’t change the polls, which is ultimately good news for the Tories. But the sooner these debates are binned the better all round.

Agreed, the audience should be banned.

As for performance I can’t imagine anyone will be changing their vote from one to the other after that. Two very weak attempts at canvassing. At best just entrenching views. Overall Corbyn was slightly better but massively let down by his refusal to answer the Brexit polling question.

very weak format and the moderator was truly terrible.

Awful format. What is the obsession with audience participation and the host butting in every few minutes , it’s made QT unwatchable and these debates are a joke. The stupid Xmas question just about summed it up.

Suspect this won’t change the polls, which is ultimately good news for the Tories. But the sooner these debates are binned the better all round.

The host wasn’t great but then if they don’t answer the question or talk too long she had to do something. Agree about the audience. It adds atmosphere to the proceedings but they do distract from the responses.