Players that like scoring against certain clubs.

Pilchards

I saw that Che loves scoring against his old club Sheff Utd and it got me thinking on what players ex or not who loves scoring against us.

I give you Son from Tottenham, he always bloody steps up and gets one or two every time.

Anyone else you can recall?

Any player out of form used to be guaranteed to score against us. Even two of the greatest foreign players to ever play in England, Henry and Bergkamp, were shite until they played us and both got their first goals in England. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Any player out of form used to be guaranteed to score against us. Even two of the greatest foreign players to ever play in England, Henry and Bergkamp, were shite until they played us and both got their first goals in England. 

I remember that Bergkamp strike which was right footed in the top right corner from 25 yards out. He couldn’t hit Jack Schitt before that.

Edited by Pilchards

2 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

I remember that Bergman’s strike which was right footed in the top right corner from 25 yards out. He couldn’t hit Jack Schitt before that.

Yep, he was starting to get a bit of grief from the media, scored twice against us I think and off he went. I’m sure Henry turned that great centre back Marco Almenia for one of his goals and ended the legends career at the Dell

Aside from Bergman, I think Martian at Man Utd seems to have a decent record against us, like a few Utd strikers.

Giraldo at Chelsea, formerly of Arsenal is another.

Also feel like Richardson at Everton is developing into one of them as well.

Beattie loved scoring against Spurs once Hoddle joined them as manager, not least the 3-1 win at WHL which sealed Hoddle’s departure.

MLT always seemed to score stunners V Villa and Newcastle. Man U suffered quite a bit from him at the Dell as well and Liverpool.

Ian Wright as someone said, can remember a hat trick in about 5 minutes at Highbury which formed a Nike advert and one at the Dell under Alan Ball.

Kane has scored loads against Saints but also done his hammy last season. Fowler for Liverpool used to score quite a few and then for City. Ian Rush going further back but scored for fun against everyone in the early-mid 80s. Gary Speed was another one as a midfielder, for Leeds, Newcastle and even one in 2008 at the infamous final day win v Sheffield Utd to stay up. 

Lukaku it felt like would always net against us but he is gone. 
I think Austin had a good record against Arsenal.

Salah has a great record vs us too I think. 

I don’t know why it always seems like we let tall target men type players, the ones who look poor in any other game but dominate our CBs that get their goals against us- I’m talking Benteke, Carroll, Haller, Giroud, Ibra, Cavani, Lukaku, Mitrovic etc etc

Goals v Saints:

Giroud 8

Kane 8

Son 8

Lukaku 7

van Persie 7

We always seem to have problems with big, old style centre forwards, who can head the ball in at the near post

Ron Davies v Man United. He scored 4 in one game at Old Trafford

Edited by Nordic Saint
  • Like 1

On 07/03/2021 at 20:53, Pilchards said:

I saw that Che loves scoring against his old club Sheff Utd and it got me thinking on what players ex or not who loves scoring against us.

I give you Son from Tottenham, he always bloody steps up and gets one or two every time.

Anyone else you can recall?

Long before he joined Spurs, Son had a trial with Portsmouth but they relected him. He obviously wasn't their level of player.

• Like 1