Southampton FC Women

Dr Who?

11 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

We are in the National League South. Get promoted by winning the league and winning the playoff against the National League North winners and we will be in the Championship. Win that and we will be in the WSL. 

So this time in 2 years we could be in the top flight. 

That’s what I said in answering Turkish’s question with a loose example 😳😁🤪😇😄

57 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Ref having her hair done?

It's unlikely that the ref would have scheduled a hair appointment that clashed with a game, and if that was the case it would be much easier to reschedule the hair than to reschedule a football match, so I'm going to say no, that's not the reason.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, negium said:

No idea. Nothing been said about ticketing to my knowledge. Pompey play at havant and Waterlooville ground

What Pompeys womens firm like? Reckon our lasses will be able to take liberties on their manor? 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

What Pompeys womens firm like? Reckon our lasses will be able to take liberties on their manor? 

They have a very good keeper. Are a very physical team. If we play our game and don't get dragged down to kicking lumps out of each other we should win.  

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea what is happening with the women’s team? I come down to stay with family and take my daughter to the Pompey game today and it seems to have been cancelled. Not listing the game on the site anymore and Pompey listed to play someone else.

My daughter is very upset, she has been looking forward to this so much. It’s very annoying that games seem to be cancelled without any info.

13 minutes ago, wooley7 said:

Anyone have any idea what is happening with the women’s team? I come down to stay with family and take my daughter to the Pompey game today and it seems to have been cancelled. Not listing the game on the site anymore and Pompey listed to play someone else.

My daughter is very upset, she has been looking forward to this so much. It’s very annoying that games seem to be cancelled without any info.

It was announced on Pompey women's site on 18th that their matches had been rearranged, no explanation though. Pompey v Saints now on Wednesday December 15th. No mention on OS, all references to it were removed. Thought perhaps a cup game took preference but their game against Hounslow today is League. Very odd but typical of our awful Web site.

3 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

It was announced on Pompey women's site on 18th that their matches had been rearranged, no explanation though. Pompey v Saints now on Wednesday December 15th. No mention on OS, all references to it were removed. Thought perhaps a cup game took preference but their game against Hounslow today is League. Very odd but typical of our awful Web site.

Could it be a COVID situation? Our last two games have been cancelled. Can’t think of any other reason for such late changes with no explanation.

My little one is very upset, they are not doing very well promoting the women’s team with youngsters, hope she doesn’t lose interest.

13 minutes ago, wooley7 said:

Could it be a COVID situation? Our last two games have been cancelled. Can’t think of any other reason for such late changes with no explanation.

My little one is very upset, they are not doing very well promoting the women’s team with youngsters, hope she doesn’t lose interest.

The old bill must has seen the posts on here about the possible trouble so moved it to a night game 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

The old bill must has seen the posts on here about the possible trouble so moved it to a night game 

What is wrong with this guy?

Cleary has utter disdain for the subject of this thread yet still has to infect it with all this benign bullsh!t.

Any grown ups know anything?

• Like 8

6 hours ago, wooley7 said:

Just a thought, but maybe Pompey was postponed due to international callups. England played Northern Ireland, don't think there are Saints players in England, but Rafferty and Watling play for Norn Iron. Don't know why there is so little information about it though.

51 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

He is a troll

He is definitely very special.

I ask myself what he gets out of it but I always come back to dumb people are easily entertained. I don’t get why my 7 year old likes doing certain things, think it must be a bit like that.

21 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Just a thought, but maybe Pompey was postponed due to international callups. England played Northern Ireland, don't think there are Saints players in England, but Rafferty and Watling play for Norn Iron. Don't know why there is so little information about it though.

Well, that would make sense but why not put out any info?  The coverage from the club really is poor.

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

There's a Twitter account that has sprung up. 

I wrote to the club a few weeks back asking if they could look at ways to increase the coverage. Pointed out that there were not even updates on Twitter.
Maybe they listened!!😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wooley7 said:

I wrote to the club a few weeks back asking if they could look at ways to increase the coverage. Pointed out that there were not even updates on Twitter.
Maybe they listened!!😂😂

They did tell me that big plans are in place re coverage should the women get promotion to the championship.

1 hour ago, wooley7 said:

I ask myself what he gets out of it but I always come back to dumb people are easily entertained. I don’t get why my 7 year old likes doing certain things, think it must be a bit like that.

Considering you joined this forum 15 years ago and have only recently started posting, mainly about me or how upset your daughter is about a women’s match being cancelled I’m inclined to think this concerned parent act is a load of bullshit and you’re another user name for a resident weirdo. If I’m wrong I sincerely hope your daughter recovers from her upset a a women’s match hardly anyone knew was happening was cancelled 

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, wooley7 said:

He trolls everywhere and seeks attention but our mods let him continue unabated..... perhaps he's  their mate🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

He trolls everywhere and seeks attention but our mods let him continue unabated..... perhaps he's  their mate🤷‍♂️

As if by magic chapel end appears within a minute. Give it up mate you’re so predictable.  🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Turkish

18 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Considering you joined this forum 15 years ago and have only recently started posting, mainly about me or how upset your daughter is about a women’s match being cancelled I’m inclined to think this concerned parent act is a load of bullshit and you’re another user name for a resident weirdo. If I’m wrong I sincerely hope your daughter recovers from her upset a a women’s match hardly anyone knew was happening was cancelled 

Well, I’m sure only a great mind like yourself could have come up with that summary. I’ve been waiting in the wings for 15 years! 

‘Resident weirdos’. The irony, the lack of self awareness!!

I have posted over the years but tend to post when I am interested in the topic or have a question, you should try it. The fact that small minded posters like you infect every single thread on this forum means that every person ends up commenting on your benign posts.

My daughter is fine, thanks for asking. You obviously don’t have children or you’re a very poor father.

Thanks for your interest.

• Like 1

Just now, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Well done. Going up isn't certain. Squandering opportunities to get more support until it happens, considering the tiny outlay, is daft.

Stop re writing my e-mail!😂 

Despite disbelief from some, as a life long saints fan, my daughter loves saints too but she is much more drawn to the woman’s team, she doesn’t care what league they are in.

If it’s women’s football girls are drawn to I would hate for her to go and support Chelsea or Arsenal because of the woman’s team.

5 minutes ago, wooley7 said:

Stop re writing my e-mail!😂

Wait a minute! This isn't my house! This isn't my screen I'm reading mail off of! ... awkward shuffle back to own house mumbling thanks for the nice cup of tea from what turns out not to have been my kitchen...

11 minutes ago, wooley7 said:

Despite disbelief from some, as a life long saints fan, my daughter loves saints too but she is much more drawn to the woman’s team, she doesn’t care what league they are in.

If it’s women’s football girls are drawn to I would hate for her to go and support Chelsea or Arsenal because of the woman’s team.

There's been a fair few posts recently about the seasons the men's team spent getting back to the Premier League.

Lots of fond memories. Another reason to capture the success of the women's team now, as it doesn't hurt in raising interest when it's going well.

It will also give some comfort when coming up against that really good Chelsea team. Arsenal's third goal the other week was a 25 yard belter too. But not good enough to be supported over Saints.

• Haha 1

As I have said before the other Southampton woman’s team have better coverage, but that’s is of course because they are solely a women’s team. Southampton FC have been behind the times for a long while now, which is a shame for a club that promote their selves as forward thinking and revolutionary! 

57 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

As I have said before the other Southampton woman’s team have better coverage, but that’s is of course because they are solely a women’s team. Southampton FC have been behind the times for a long while now, which is a shame for a club that promote their selves as forward thinking and revolutionary! 

They basically said, at this level there is not enough interest. When they get promoted, they will step up the coverage accordingly.

20 minutes ago, wooley7 said:

They basically said, at this level there is not enough interest. When they get promoted, they will step up the coverage accordingly.

Well, I'm sure they're right. When did promoting something ever increase interest? No, much better to wait for success and *then* promote off the back of it. That's the grassroots way to develop a fan base. >sigh<

1 minute ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Well, I'm sure they're right. When did promoting something ever increase interest? No, much better to wait for success and *then* promote off the back of it. That's the grassroots way to develop a fan base. >sigh<

…and they could fix that for very little money and make a massive difference.

St Marys is actually hosting 3 matches for the Women's Euros

Norway v Northern Ireland (8pm on Thursday 7th July)

Austria v Northern Ireland (5pm on Monday 11th July)

Northern Ireland v England (8pm on Friday 15th July)

Tickets between £10 and £40 for adults depending on seats and matches.

I've put in for the 2 8pm games

30 minutes ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

I've put in for the 2 8pm games

I think we have 2 players in NI squad Laura Rafferty went to Mountbatten School and ?

I mentioned this on my football team's chat last night and I hope we can get a group together to go, I certainly shall but it's more difficult as they're mainly Pompey fans and heading west is difficult for them!:-)

As for the troll, he's one of the very few people I've ever put on ignore in 25+ years on the internet, so I always appreciate it if he isn't quoted. From the threads he starts you'd think he was all for BLM, LGBT and the like, plus he posts on women's football.  Unfortunately his only inputs are negative, disparaging and disruptive and can even be personal (hence the ignore). 

4 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

I mentioned this on my football team's chat last night and I hope we can get a group together to go, I certainly shall but it's more difficult as they're mainly Pompey fans and heading west is difficult for them!:-)

As for the troll, he's one of the very few people I've ever put on ignore in 25+ years on the internet, so I always appreciate it if he isn't quoted. From the threads he starts you'd think he was all for BLM, LGBT and the like, plus he posts on women's football.  Unfortunately his only inputs are negative, disparaging and disruptive and can even be personal (hence the ignore). 

Agreed, chapel end is one of the worst trolls around but as he has so many other logins no point putting him on ignore 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Not bad, £10 for three games. 

National Cup at Ipswich today. This will be a great match to see where we are against the other side we will be battling for the top spot in the league for. The 2 league games against them will pretty much decide the league. I think we will need to beat them once as we will have the better goal difference. 

I have said all along that the winners of our league will go up as the northern teams are not as strong. 

But after what seems age since our last league game (October 3rd) it’s the cup again today! 

COYR! 

Edited by Dr Who?

1 hour ago, Dr Who? said:

National Cup at Ipswich today. This will be a great match to see where we are against the other side we will be battling for the top spot in the league for. The 2 league games against them will pretty much decide the league. I think we will need to beat them once as we will have the better goal difference. 

I have said all along that the winners of our league will go up as the northern teams are not as strong. 

But after what seems age since our last league game (October 3rd) it’s the cup again today! 

COYR! 

Yep, today’s game should be a good indicator of where we are with getting promoted. Competition we could win too, knock Ipswich out and we must be the favourites if the northern section is not as strong. 
Not sure why it’s now only round 1 as we beat Cheltenham in the last round.