Which 90s band are you regretting the last 25-30 years over?

Turkish

8 hours ago, skintsaint said:

I went to a World Dance at Lydd airfield which must have been around 1994. Also saw Prodigy in Folkestone must have been around 1992. Great times as a very young lad.

Surprised we got this far and not one mention of the Spice Girls 😆

good point. Who is going to own up to going to see Take That or Boyzone? 🙋‍♂️

On 13/11/2021 at 20:22, The Cat said:

I've seen all of them at some point. I was really into Warp stuff like Autechre and B12 and the minimal Detroit stuff. Went to loads of the early Big Chill festivals seeing bands like Biosphere, Higher Intelligence Agency, Global Communication etc.

Did you ever go to any Megadog events? They were great fun.

The beach festival 

On 13/11/2021 at 20:25, The Cat said:

I remember seeing Eat Static play in Salisbury once which seems very random now. Once walked for about an hour through chronic mud at Glastonbury to see Banco de Gaia only to find the stage they were meant to be playing on had sunk!

Always a good vibe with banco on the Thursday night at Glasters. Funnily enough I saw a banco in Salisbury arts centre a good few years ago.

6 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

I'm currently relistening to the Auteurs first album. I remember a friend of mine being obsessed by it so much that it turned me off. Looking back, it's great.

Of that era, SFA were clearly the best and oasis the midst overrated 

Lenny Bruce never walked in a dead man's shoes, even for one night.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/11/2021 at 11:23, Turkish said:

good point. Who is going to own up to going to see Take That or Boyzone? 🙋‍♂️

I've seen them both but in my defence I was involved in their stage design so had to be there. Take that were actually pretty good, you don't have to be a fan of the music to appreciate a good show. Boyzone, less so.

On 16/11/2021 at 17:48, Toadhall Saint said:

Always a good vibe with banco on the Thursday night at Glasters. Funnily enough I saw a banco in Salisbury arts centre a good few years ago.

Banco de Gaia played The Brook a couple of years ago and Eat Static played The Talking Heads. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would take a different position,  I missed a load of bands in the 90s , because I stopped listening to radio one, because of Dave Pierce and some other fuckwitt I  the mornings made my drive into work unlistenable. 

Missed out on Pavement that way, my favourite  band now. Got tickets to see them at Primavera, hopefully goes ahead after 4 postponements.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, redkeith said:

I would take a different position,  I missed a load of bands in the 90s , because I stopped listening to radio one, because of Dave Pierce and some other fuckwitt I  the mornings made my drive into work unlistenable. 

Missed out on Pavement that way, my favourite  band now. Got tickets to see them at Primavera, hopefully goes ahead after 4 postponements.

That will be awesome. You know they are playing Roundhouse in London next year too?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...