Mateusz Lis

SuperSAINT

5 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

It's not the signing itself that's odd, it's the combination of extending McCarthy and caballero, signing a 20 year old "wonderkid" goalkeeper who you'd think will be expecting to start before long, AND then a 25 year old keeper who has been playing regularly for the last few years. If we had let McCarthy go it would have made sense, Lis as backup and Willy as third choice, but now it's just...odd.

It reminds me of when I used to play football manager, I was so forgetful I would sometimes agree a contract with an expiring player from another club and then at the end of the season sign another player in the same position forgetting I already had one coming in. 

Sport Republic approach to goalkeepers:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Dusic said:

Why would we do that if we loan him out? Struggling to work out why it puzzles you so much. He will be on a very low wage. That wage likely covered by a loan move. Then if it suits we bring him back to be part of our squad. If it doesnt then we keep loaning him out/sell him.

Its an extremely low risk scenario that the club/SR obviously have a plan for.

It puzzles me because there are a lot of players out of contract every summer, but we don't sign dozens of them and loan them out "just in case" they are good".

On 18/06/2022 at 09:08, st alex said:

I thought work permit issues prevented us from signing Polish keeper Drągowski from Fiorentina, and he's actually played for Poland? I wonder why a work permit would be any more likely for Liz who's not got international credentials?

This puzzled me too, as on paper Dragowski seems to have the better pedigree of the two.  Transfer Room have a calculator where you can plug in a player and it tells you how many points they get.

15 or over is pass, 10-14 you can appeal to an exceptions panel and below 10 is a fail.

Dragowski comes out with a score of 13 where as Lis has 20.

The basic reason is that despite playing in Serie A league and internationally, Dragowski simply didn't play enough games last season for either Fiorentina or Poland to get over the threshold.  He got all of his 13 points purely for being at a club in a Band 1 league, whereas Lis got 10 for being at a Turkish Super Lig (Band 2) club and another 10 for playing over 90% of available minutes for them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mozz said:

This puzzled me too, as on paper Dragowski seems to have the better pedigree of the two.  Transfer Room have a calculator where you can plug in a player and it tells you how many points they get.

15 or over is pass, 10-14 you can appeal to an exceptions panel and below 10 is a fail.

Dragowski comes out with a score of 13 where as Lis has 20.

The basic reason is that despite playing in Serie A league and internationally, Dragowski simply didn't play enough games last season for either Fiorentina or Poland to get over the threshold.  He got all of his 13 points purely for being at a club in a Band 1 league, whereas Lis got 10 for being at a Turkish Super Lig (Band 2) club and another 10 for playing over 90% of available minutes for them.

Really interesting insight into the points system, thank you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It varies depending on the league rules in each country.

Are you sure? I swear I read that uefa/FIFA are changing the rules to put a stop to the kind of player hoarding and mass loans that Chelsea and City have been doing.

• 1 year later...

Anyone think Lis might be the gk option for next season with Baz out?  If not it would appear we literally only bought him to loan him to other SR clubs.  I've never seen him play but he's kept lots of clean sheets this season, albeit in the Turkish 2nd league

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mateusz Lis
27 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Anyone think Lis might be the gk option for next season with Baz out?  If not it would appear we literally only bought him to loan him to other SR clubs.  I've never seen him play but he's kept lots of clean sheets this season, albeit in the Turkish 2nd league

I've never seen him play.
I've never seen a team from Lig 2 play.
I have never seen a domestic Turkish game.

But i'm still saying no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...