Not fit to wear the shirt

Archers Road Stand

9 minutes ago, Archers Road Stand said:

The players are getting a free ride behind another shite manager. Fuck these cunts. Earning a fortune but not fit to wear the shirt. 

Agree, no fucking fight or desire , useless 

11 minutes ago, JRM said:

Agree, no fucking fight or desire , useless 

They have got fight and desire but they are just running like headless chickens because no one knows the plan or which plan, they look like they've never played together. It's bedlam--a madhouse

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dellman said:

They have got fight and desire but they are just running like headless chickens because no one knows the plan or which plan, they look like they've never played together. It's bedlam--a madhouse

Really? How many fucking home games do we crumble and lose in the same way, been this way for ages 

• Like 1

I thought Sulemana, Onuachu, Lavia, Alcaraz, Ward-Prowse (except the 2 free kicks he should have leathered), Bree, Salisu and Perraud all played well today. Bednarek I simply cannot forgive for being a d!ck when he went on loan to Villa and what he was doing with that OG today was just criminal. Bazunu just can't save a shot which is a bit problematic for a goalkeeper. Not sure there was much he could have done about their second goal today though but his overall shots faced versus goals conceded stats since he has come in speak for themselves... they're not all worldies. AMN is stealing a living as a Premier League footballer too.

Aribo is just fu(king useless. No urgency about him and can't bloody pass the ball. Che is turd too. If anyone needs some time in the B team, it is him. Carleta-Car should be in the team ahead of AMN but the tw@ in charge (hopefully no more) seems to have it in for him.

We played well for a large part of the game today but Jones killed it bringing off Tall Paul and Perraud bringing on Che Mister Sitter Adams and Lyanco. Then to bring on Aribo too was just crazy.

Hopefully Rasmus can finally admit his mistake appointing the egotistical Jones and get rid of him now and we can look to hopefully get the new manager bounce we never had but losing 2-1 at home to 10 men after going 1-0 up after last weeks result and all the other bloody results prior to that is just unforgivable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crouchie's Lawyer said:

I thought Sulemana, Onuachu, Lavia, Alcaraz, Ward-Prowse (except the 2 free kicks he should have leathered), Bree, Salisu and Perraud all played well today. Bednarek I simply cannot forgive for being a d!ck when he went on loan to Villa and what he was doing with that OG today was just criminal. Bazunu just can't save a shot which is a bit problematic for a goalkeeper. Not sure there was much he could have done about their second goal today though but his overall shots faced versus goals conceded stats since he has come in speak for themselves... they're not all worldies. AMN is stealing a living as a Premier League footballer too.

Aribo is just fu(king useless. No urgency about him and can't bloody pass the ball. Che is turd too. If anyone needs some time in the B team, it is him. Carleta-Car should be in the team ahead of AMN but the tw@ in charge (hopefully no more) seems to have it in for him.

We played well for a large part of the game today but Jones killed it bringing off Tall Paul and Perraud bringing on Che Mister Sitter Adams and Lyanco. Then to bring on Aribo too was just crazy.

Hopefully Rasmus can finally admit his mistake appointing the egotistical Jones and get rid of him now and we can look to hopefully get the new manager bounce we never had but losing 2-1 at home to 10 men after going 1-0 up after last weeks result and all the other bloody results prior to that is just unforgivable.

Out of interest, which shots do you think he should have saved today?

10 minutes ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

AMN was "okay" in a fucking diabolical back line. Doesn't change the fact he should be nowhere near this team, let alone at CB. 

In the build up for their second goal AMN went to tackle a Wolves player but instead found himself being tackled by Kamaldeen. That’s a sign of a team that’s unfamiliar with each other.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Some of them yeah, Bednarek, AMN, Bazunu. 

But take those out for better players not utilised, the rest of the team showed enough to make me think we could stay up if we had a decent manager. 

Bit unfair on Bazunu. He's not good enough but he's a kid really. Not fit to wear the shirt for me are players that have some ability but don't put in the required effort. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Crouchie's Lawyer said:

I thought Sulemana, Onuachu, Lavia, Alcaraz, Ward-Prowse (except the 2 free kicks he should have leathered), Bree, Salisu and Perraud all played well today. 

It's amazing how many good players we have, performing well, yet we keep losing. 

By and large the consensus is that AMN did OK and Bazunu didn't do a lot wrong. So that would mean using your assessment of the others, the only starter that played badly was Bednarek.  Perhaps Archers Road Stand is right, some fans favourites aren't actually that good and ought to be critiqued a little more. 

1 hour ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

AMN was "okay" in a fucking diabolical back line. Doesn't change the fact he should be nowhere near this team, let alone at CB. 

I did a double take when I saw that AMN was playing as a CB. DCC, arguably our best CB, isn't in a 20 man squad and we have him at CB. Crazy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint_lambden said:

I don’t think it’s a lack of desire for the large part, they’re just a bunch of losers because that’s all the core of this group have done for 4 years. Any form of adversity in a game and they crumble because the mentality is so weak. 

no lack of desire, its quality that is the problem IMO.

41 minutes ago, Chez said:

It's amazing how many good players we have, performing well, yet we keep losing. 

By and large the consensus is that AMN did OK and Bazunu didn't do a lot wrong. So that would mean using your assessment of the others, the only starter that played badly was Bednarek.  Perhaps Archers Road Stand is right, some fans favourites aren't actually that good and ought to be critiqued a little more. 

Bednarek’s clumsiness turned the game but we could have had eleven of the best players in the world out there but if they’ve never played together before there would be confusion.

Big Paul gave us more of a presence but he needs to get adjusted to this league (soon to be Championship). He seemed to keep falling over and expecting a free kick or even a penalty. If he hadn’t gone down when he was in their penalty area in the second half he would have had a goon chance to get a shot away.

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Bit unfair on Bazunu. He's not good enough but he's a kid really. Not fit to wear the shirt for me are players that have some ability but don't put in the required effort. 

I was just talking generally in terms of not being up to what is required. The "not fit to wear the shirt" moniker is reserved for that horrendous team that Poortvliet put together that got us relegated to league one.

Jones was bad at many things but not picking the obvious best 2 centre backs available and sticking with them was the his worst decision, as well as his general team selection. Bella-Kotchap and DCC are quite clearly the best followed by Salisu if one of them is injured. 

Then Lavia has to play every game needed a decent back up 6- in January. No one here is the answer. Also Willy in goal some experience and organisation behind a creaky defence. He could have done so much good work on the training ground but it means nothing if you don't play your best defence and have consistency 

Edited by Saint IQ
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, S-Clarke said:

I don't think I've ever disliked a Saints player as much as I dislike Lyanco.

Aribo comes close though it has to be said. Should be a good laugh with them stinking the place out in the Championship.

What's mental is he seemed to have a little fan club up until recently of absolute morons who thought he offered something positive. 

Just now, Archers Road Stand said:

What's mental is he seemed to have a little fan club up until recently of absolute morons who thought he offered something positive. 

There is nothing positive about him, he's a walking lunatic who shouldn't be playing football.

On 11/02/2023 at 17:04, Archers Road Stand said:

The players are getting a free ride behind another shite manager. Fuck these cunts. Earning a fortune but not fit to wear the shirt. 

This should be sung at every game from now until the end of the season, bunch of fucking mercenaries not fit to wear the shirt 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...