Israel

egg

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

An interesting read for those with an open mind about what happened on 7th October. It also supports my earlier post about the numbers of Israelis reportedly killed by friendly fire.

https://thegrayzone.com/2023/11/18/video-what-happened-october-7/amp/

29 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Blumenthal is an avowed anti-Israeli who has also written pro-Putin and pro-Assad pieces. He has previously been caught out "mis-speaking"' when claiming to have witnessed Israeli attacks in Gaza.

There is no doubt that some of the civilian casualties on October 7th were collateral damage or victims of mis-identification, but some of his assertions in that discussion are far from definitive.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-11-27/ty-article-opinion/exposing-max-blumenthals-deceptive-claim-israel-is-responsible-for-most-october-7-victims/0000018c-102f-d65f-a7dd-f0ff7b550000

So correct me if i'm mistaken but an avowed anti-Israeli who has also written pro-Putin and pro-Assad pieces shares the same views as SOG?

in fact SOG quite proudly confirms this with this statement 

It also supports my earlier post

12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So correct me if i'm mistaken but an avowed anti-Israeli who has also written pro-Putin and pro-Assad pieces shares the same views as SOG?

in fact SOG quite proudly confirms this with this statement 

In his desperation to smear Jews at any opportunity there is no place this twat won’t take his ‘open mind’

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

The Grayzone? This Grayzone?

The Grayzone is an American fringe,[7] far-left[19] news website and blog,[23] founded and edited by American journalist Max Blumenthal.[20]

Yeah only for the open minded

:facepalm:

Akin to posting a Daily Stormer link and suggesting that those who accept it are open minded. If there was even a shred of doubt that soggy was not an anti-semite, he dispels that notion with every post on this thread.

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Akin to posting a Daily Stormer link and suggesting that those who accept it are open minded. If there was even a shred of doubt that soggy was not an anti-semite, he dispels that notion with every post on this thread.

that's about the size of it. Another embarassing own goal from SOG 

On 21/01/2024 at 17:08, whelk said:

Get over the Wembley lights you simpleton 

The double standards after the condemnation of Russia-Ukraine a year or two back aren't hard to find

The attempted cancelling of Russia/#standwithUkraine was never about humanity, it was about money and power ie. the usual.

We currently have over 800 serving officials openly stating their own governments positions on Israel-Gaza war could amount to complicity in "grave violations of international law".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68177357

• Like 1

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Blumenthal is an avowed anti-Israeli who has also written pro-Putin and pro-Assad pieces. He has previously been caught out "mis-speaking"' when claiming to have witnessed Israeli attacks in Gaza.

There is no doubt that some of the civilian casualties on October 7th were collateral damage or victims of mis-identification, but some of his assertions in that discussion are far from definitive.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-11-27/ty-article-opinion/exposing-max-blumenthals-deceptive-claim-israel-is-responsible-for-most-october-7-victims/0000018c-102f-d65f-a7dd-f0ff7b550000

Yes, I know. I looked him up after reading his article. I posted it because it is similar to others I have read and the longer this goes on, the more it is apparent that what happened on 7th October isn’t exactly as Netanyahu would have us believe. Just because he is pro Putin, it doesn’t necessarily mean that we should discredit what he says about the Hamas attack.

If what he says about that day should be discredited  because he is anti-Israeli, why should the pro Israeli Haaretz be given any more credence in what it has to say in rebuttal?  The evidence seems to back up what he and others say about the use of the Hannibal directive and if you actually read the whole article you don’t have to be a munitions expert to understand  that tanks and missiles are going to do an awful lot more damage to humans and property  than small arms fire and rpg’s.

At some point there will be an independent official report into the events of that day and we won’t have to speculate any more, but given that the IDF have already shown that they have no regard for the lives of civilians, including their own, do not be surprised if the findings are that the civilian death toll that day was exacerbated by the Israeli response.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Yes, I know. I looked him up after reading his article. I posted it because it is similar to others I have read and the longer this goes on, the more it is apparent that what happened on 7th October isn’t exactly as Netanyahu would have us believe. Just because he is pro Putin, it doesn’t necessarily mean that we should discredit what he says about the Hamas attack.

If what he says about that day should be discredited  because he is anti-Israeli, why should the pro Israeli Haaretz be given any more credence in what it has to say in rebuttal?  The evidence seems to back up what he and others say about the use of the Hannibal directive and if you actually read the whole article you don’t have to be a munitions expert to understand  that tanks and missiles are going to do an awful lot more damage to humans and property  than small arms fire and rpg’s.

At some point there will be an independent official report into the events of that day and we won’t have to speculate any more, but given that the IDF have already shown that they have no regard for the lives of civilians, including their own, do not be surprised if the findings are that the civilian death toll that day was exacerbated by the Israeli response.

put the shovel down FFS

29 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

1) It is clear that many, if not most, people do not accept Netanyahu's rhetoric. That includes posters on this forum.

2) Any consideration of Blumenthal's commentary has to take into account his personal bias and agenda.

3) Haeretz is a left-leaning, anti-settler, Israeli publication, with no love for Israel's current leadership.

4) I did read the whole article, and query his assumptions and assertions based on my own knowledge and research.

5) RPGs are designed to attack tanks and APCs.

6) Civilians caught in a cross fire between the IDF and HAMAS may well have been hit by the former, but it does not automatically follow that they were deliberately targetted.

Edited by badgerx16

12 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Sorry, being thick. What is this saying, that 90% of the richest 1% in the US are Jewish? 

It does appear to be saying that. Apparently this literature has been handed round college campuses in America. 

54 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

No. The maths is wrong!

It's basically comparing apples and pears and coming up with oranges.

Seems like just yesterday, fresh fruit was supposed to be good for you. Now, it's sentient and controlling the world economy.

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

It's amazing how accurate those IDF 'carefully targetted' strikes are.

Yep. The sad truth is that most strikes probably do hit their target. 

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

At this point in the conflict you could conclude that killing children is part of the plan.

The plan has been transparent from the off. Smash the shit out of everyone and anything up north, push them south, repeat, push them further south, repeat, push them to Rafah, repeat. I find it genuinely staggering that people haven't seen that, and seek to defend what Israel have done and are doing. The sad inevitability is that Hamas won't ever be defeated as an ideology, and interestingly western media are finally making that point - the fella on itv news at ten last at night being one. 

2 hours ago, egg said:

The plan has been transparent from the off. Smash the shit out of everyone and anything up north, push them south, repeat, push them further south, repeat, push them to Rafah, repeat. I find it genuinely staggering that people haven't seen that, and seek to defend what Israel have done and are doing. The sad inevitability is that Hamas won't ever be defeated as an ideology, and interestingly western media are finally making that point - the fella on itv news at ten last at night being one. 

Depressingly this is the case. Collective punishment disguised as defence.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fan The Flames said:

Depressingly this is the case. Collective punishment disguised as defence.

I think collective punishment is a generous term for what's happening. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

IDF being careful with target selection and only firing to kill when absolutely necessary;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68261286

That is horrendous. I do wonder what the genuine reaction is from those in charge when they realise things like this have happened? I woudl like to think they are appalled but not so sure.

24 minutes ago, whelk said:

That is horrendous. I do wonder what the genuine reaction is from those in charge when they realise things like this have happened? I woudl like to think they are appalled but not so sure.

Hasn't Netanyahu said he wants Gaza turned into a wasteland?

I guess this is him getting his wish granted.

9 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Hasn't Netanyahu said he wants Gaza turned into a wasteland?

I guess this is him getting his wish granted.

Yep, with the support of our government. It’s naive to think there won’t be any consequences for us going forward.

The sad thing is that these atrocities have been going on week after week. At what point do the West say enough is enough and stop backing Netanyahu and his government’s butchery and destruction. Surely even the most blinkered can see that this went well past a “defensive” action months ago.

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

The sad thing is that these atrocities have been going on week after week. At what point do the West say enough is enough and stop backing Netanyahu and his government’s butchery and destruction. Surely even the most blinkered can see that this went well past a “defensive” action months ago.

Who is backing it?

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Who is backing it?

The West are still providing munitions, isn’t that providing support for the offensive? Neither Biden nor Sunak are calling for an immediate halt. Isn’t that complicit support? You really need to pay attention. Or it this just your usual attempt at a wind up?

what do you think the air strikes against the Houthis were all about?

Asking them not to kill the civilians? 😳 How polite of them. Where are the economic sanctions? Where is the condemnation that we have seen against Putin?

Selling weapons is still providing weapons isn’t it? Those selling arms to Israel aren’t going to go bust over night if they stop. 

How would you feel if it was Muslims killing tens of thousands of civilian “pesky Jews”? Still ok with that?

One of your many problems is that you don’t seem to be able to comprehend that it is entirely possible to to want the killing of civilians to stop on both sides of the conflict and to understand that It is also entirely possible to be as critical of the actions of the IDF as well as Hamas. As I am sure you will understand though, the issue has grown since the terrorist attack on 7th October to an assault of genocidal proportions against the Palestinians. Or is that ok with you because they are just pesky Muslims?

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Haha 2

The West are still providing munitions, isn’t that providing support for the offensive? Neither Biden nor Sunak are calling for an immediate halt. Isn’t that complicit support? You really need to pay attention. Or it this just your usual attempt at a wind up?

No.

The US are profiteering by selling weapons, they aren't 'providing' them.

Both the UK and US are asking Israel to not kill citizens. You really need to pay more attention. It is not up to Biden or Sunak to call for a ceasefire. They aren't the world's police.

Although I suspect what you really want is for the world to attack Israel and kill those pesky Jews, maybe some Sarin gas attacks, just like the good old days eh?

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Asking them not to kill the civilians? 😳 How polite of them. Where are the economic sanctions? Where is the condemnation that we have seen against Putin?

Selling weapons is still providing weapons isn’t it? Those selling arms to Israel aren’t going to go bust over night if they stop. 

How would you feel if it was Muslims killing tens of thousands of civilian “pesky Jews”? Still ok with that?

One of your many problems is that you don’t seem to be able to comprehend that it is entirely possible to to want the killing of civilians to stop on both sides of the conflict and to understand that It is also entirely possible to be as critical of the actions of the IDF as well as Hamas. As I am sure you will understand though, the issue has grown since the terrorist attack on 7th October to an assault of genocidal proportions against the Palestinians. Or is that ok with you because they are just pesky Muslims?

I see you posted this then edited it two hours later to add a dig at Weston about Muslims. Presumably you were stewing on this post whilst you walked the streets on Romney Marsh desperate to get back on your computer to stick the knife in, you like to think. 

Your behaviour is absolutely ridiculous, you’re beyond parody. An absolute joke. But I suspect you’ve got your head too far up your own arse to realise what an imbecile you are 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

No.

The US are profiteering by selling weapons, they aren't 'providing' them.

Both the UK and US are asking Israel to not kill citizens. You really need to pay more attention. It is not up to Biden or Sunak to call for a ceasefire. They aren't the world's police.

Although I suspect what you really want is for the world to attack Israel and kill those pesky Jews, maybe some Sarin gas attacks, just like the good old days eh?

That’s bollocks, we all remember Sunak saying “I hope you win”, it’s not hard to see though a few half arsed comment about civilians.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/12/12/selling-weapons-israel-could-make-uk-complicit-war-crimes

6 minutes ago, aintforever said:

That’s bollocks, we all remember Sunak saying “I hope you win”, it’s not hard to see though a few half arsed comment about civilians.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/12/12/selling-weapons-israel-could-make-uk-complicit-war-crimes

So Weston says they’re selling weapons you post saying it’s bollocks post a link to an article saying they’re selling weapons 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Turkish

3 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Sorry, which bit is bollocks?

As for your link, who knew, weapons that have been sold are used in wars, wow.  In other news, bears shit in the woods.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Odd that you don't mention those selling weapons to Hamas as 'providing' them.  Odd that you aren't also up in arms about that.

Odd that you don't mention the war in Sudan - presumably because that one doesn't involve any nasty, hateful jews so you don't give a shit about it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aintforever said:

So you hope Hamas win yes?  
or no probably just in the incredibly naive self righteous club saying just want peace as if 7/10 never happened?

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

So you hope Hamas win yes?  
or no probably just in the incredibly naive self righteous club saying just want peace as if 7/10 never happened?

I just hope the killing of innocent people stops, Israeli and Palestinian. 7/10 was awful but Israel just reaped what their sowed, there will never be peace until both sides have freedom.

Edited by aintforever

7 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Selling/providing, same result in the end.

So what were you saying was bollocks then? Weston quite clearly said they were selling them. Which part of what he said was bollocks?

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

I just hope the killing of innocent people stops, Israeli and Palestinian. 7/10 was awful but Isreal just reaped what their sowed, there will never be peace until both sides have freedom.

It won't.  Not sure why that's a struggle to understand. 

Both sides will never have 'freedom' unless / until one or the other ceases to exists.  Religion will make sure of that.

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

So what were you saying was bollocks then? Weston quite clearly said they were selling them. Which part of what he said was bollocks?

The whole idea that our government hasn’t supported Israel.

Iran won’t be giving Russia drones for free, are you saying they don’t support them too?

Edited by aintforever

Iran won’t be giving Russia drones for free, are you saying they don’t support them too?

Sorry, where did I say our government hadn't supported Israel.

You've resorted to Soggy's tactics of blatantly making shit up.

• Like 1

He never said that.

he said they’re selling them weapons which they are, you even posted a link to prove it

he said they’ve asked them not to kill civilians, which they have, even the Guardian reported that, which I presumably sog missed in his daily trawling through it to find things to bash the tories about  https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/oct/13/greant-shapps-backs-israel-gaza-evacuation-order

so which bit was bollocks?