Israel

egg

6 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The only way is ethics.

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

This is no time for a new reality TV show Badger

Badger's post went under the radar. It was a fine effort imo. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I know that you believe that every Palestinian is complicit, therefore fair game, but that just makes you as ignorant and bigoted as everyone else who thinks that lives are worth less than others depending on where they are born, what religion they follow or what their skin colour is.

I know your tiny brain can only cope with extremes and pigeon-holing people in the simplest of ways.

5 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Did you cheer when the IDF sniper took out a little old lady on her way to fetch some water?

Yes, I went and had a celebratory chocolate digestive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

I don’t know if this has been posted yet as I can’t be bothered to scroll back, but it appears that the South Africans are a bunch of anti/Semites.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67866342.amp

So by your reckoning anybody protesting Israel's actions on Palestinian territory is anti-Semitic. That is playing straight from Netanyahu's playbook of feigned innocence.

Meanwhile, there is a growing allegation that the IDF is deliberately targeting Arabic journalists covering the conflict;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67905566

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

So by your reckoning anybody protesting Israel's actions on Palestinian territory is anti-Semitic. That is playing straight from Netanyahu's playbook of feigned innocence.

Meanwhile, there is a growing allegation that the IDF is deliberately targeting Arabic journalists covering the conflict;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67905566

By my reckoning, as you say, anyone from keyboard warriors on social media platforms to senior Israeli government officials jump on anyone who dares criticise anything the Israelis have done in this conflict and label them as anti-Semites.

We have a prominent poster on here who famously proclaimed that anyone criticising a Jewish person was an anti-Semite and has called me one several times as he does anyone showing sympathy for the innocents caught up in this conflict (who are mostly Palestinians).

I thought it would be quite obvious that my comment about the South Africans being anti-Semitic  was referring to the common knee jerk reaction from the Israeli government/apologists whenever their actions are questioned.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

By my reckoning, as you say, anyone from keyboard warriors on social media platforms to senior Israeli government officials jump on anyone who dares criticise anything the Israelis have done in this conflict and label them as anti-Semites.

Not true.

Only the thick anti-Semites who continually spout their antisemitic tropes are labelled anti-Semites.

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

We have a prominent poster on here who famously proclaimed that anyone criticising a Jewish person was an anti-Semite and has called me one several times as he does anyone showing sympathy for the innocents caught up in this conflict

What a load of old pony.

I presume you mean me. Lol “famously “, give your head a wobble man, nobody cares, “famously”, FFS it’s a football forum. 

For the avoidance of any doubt, I don’t call anyone who shows sympathy to innocents an anti semite, and I haven’t done so, that’s just a lie.

I have called one poster an anti semite, that poster being err,  you. Thats because you’ve posted anti semitic comments on this thread and other threads previously. 

• Like 1

Another illuminating article.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/the-far-right-infiltration-of-israel-s-media-is-blinding-the-public-to-the-truth-about-gaza/ar-AA1mGHBY?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=ca4a698879b64e0792060c3467a71e2c&ei=11

Another interesting article about why the US is still sending munitions to Israel despite the massacre of tens of thousands of civilians.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/dec/07/us-israel-military-support-scrutiny-human-rights

(Yes, it’s so funny isn’t it Lord Legohead)

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Haha 1

This ICJ case against Israel is interesting, especially as any order isn't enforceable anyway. My money's on a not guilty, which won't help the Palestinian people one bit. 

29 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Looks like we've joined the US in attacking the Houthi's.  Fingers crossed it will be a short campaign as we'll likely be out of missiles by the end of the weekend.

Ha! Interesting decision though. I'm not convinced that bombing Yemen to protect our financial interests can be said to be 'self defence'. Let's see where this goes. 

8 minutes ago, egg said:

Ha! Interesting decision though. I'm not convinced that bombing Yemen to protect our financial interests can be said to be 'self defence'. Let's see where this goes. 

I think it's being marketed (by the less cynical ;) ) as protecting the freedom of movement in international waters.

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I think it's being marketed (by the less cynical ;) ) as protecting the freedom of movement in international waters.

We've said to 'protect our financial interests'...by protecting the freedom of movement. Us bombing a sovereign country because militants based there have attacked boats owned and operated by private entities from 3rd party countries is a big step. I'm not sure that a bomb, in retaliation, near a political or military linked place over here would be any less of an act of 'self defence' by the Houthi's. 

5 hours ago, egg said:

We've said to 'protect our financial interests'...by protecting the freedom of movement. Us bombing a sovereign country because militants based there have attacked boats owned and operated by private entities from 3rd party countries is a big step. I'm not sure that a bomb, in retaliation, near a political or military linked place over here would be any less of an act of 'self defence' by the Houthi's. 

To be fair, the videos available show very precise, targeted bombing of what is presumably military assets responsible for firing missiles / launching drones at the civilian ships.  Not sure if there is much in the way of collateral damage.

Edited by Weston Super Saint

5 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

To be fair, the videos available show very precise, targeted bombing of what is presumably military assets responsible for firing missiles / launching drones at the civilian ships.  Not sure if there is much in the way of collateral damage.

Is that the same definition of "precise" that the IDF use ?

9 hours ago, egg said:

Peace comes at a price. Iran and Houthis can fuck off.

4 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I don’t suppose we would be shown any evidence of anything untoward.

• Like 1

Better hope these strikes actually have an effect on their capability otherwise all we have done is increase support for the Houthis.

I would have thought a better approach would be to stop Israel’s attacks/genocide in Gaza and scale down the conflict.

4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Better hope these strikes actually have an effect on their capability otherwise all we have done is increase support for the Houthis.

I would have thought a better approach would be to stop Israel’s attacks/genocide in Gaza and scale down the conflict.

Which probably explains why you aren't in the foreign office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Yes, good idea.

Suggestions on a postcard please.

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67958260

Not only is there the inference of mysogeny because the all female units of IDF observers watching Gaza weren't taken seriously when reporting Hamas' activities prior to the attack, they were unarmed in their positions overlooking the border fence, and therefore defenceless once it all kicked off and they became target #1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68006126

More coming out. . .

I've not read the ins and outs of the Gary Lineker story regarding the tweet calling for Israel to be banned from international football/events etc. but think we're heading for incidents in events like the Olympics with Arab nations in particular refusing to compete against them etc.

3 minutes ago, inspectorfrost said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68006126

More coming out. . .

I've not read the ins and outs of the Gary Lineker story regarding the tweet calling for Israel to be banned from international football/events etc. but think we're heading for incidents in events like the Olympics with Arab nations in particular refusing to compete against them etc.

With all due respect, isn’t attacking unarmed civilians exactly what Hamas (Palestine) done on October 7th?

Also, who cares if Arab nations boycott sporting events, they’re only there to make the number up anyway. 

29 minutes ago, Dman said:

With all due respect, isn’t attacking unarmed civilians exactly what Hamas (Palestine) done on October 7th?

Yes, but Hamas are "terrorists" and Israel are acting in "self defence", ( and have been for years ).  There is no defence of Hamas and the Ocober 7th attacks, but Israeli settlers are illegally occupying Palestinian land and building even more settlements, and the IDF and Israeli Police are complicit in the attacks on the local population, and in the imposition of military checkpoints and the creation of the security fence on Palestinian land that drives through Palestinian villages and towns, and even parts farmers from their fields.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dman said:

Also, who cares if Arab nations boycott sporting events, they’re only there to make the number up anyway. 

Yes

But are you referring to Hamas, who carried out the attack? Or the vast majority of the 20-25000 Palestinian civilians that Israel have indiscriminately bombed and killed since, that had nothing to do with the attack or Hamas?

As for Arab nations potentially 'boycotting', the idea would be so the event(s) descend into farce.

21 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

"From the river to the sea" - Netanyahu says Israel must have control of all land west of the river Jordan and rejects a Palestinian state.

Are you in any way surprised? Previous 2 state solutions fell apart not because Palestinians rejected the proposals as such, but because their states were not truly autonomous. Israel won't give a monkeys what the USA think or say with a Trump re election on the cards. 

On 19/01/2024 at 08:45, badgerx16 said:

"From the river to the sea" - Netanyahu says Israel must have control of all land west of the river Jordan and rejects a Palestinian state.

Given the outrage when the marchers supporting the Palestinians chanted the same thing, the fact that the head honcho of the Israeli government says it too seems to have passed some by. One rule for one, another for the others? All we heard about was that Hamas wanted to scrub Israel from the map. It couldn’t be clearer that the current Israeli government want to do exactly the same with Palestine.

There will be no effective peace settlement  until both sides accept that they have to find a way of accepting that they both have the right to exist within agreed boundaries in peace. Who can see that happening whilst the existing Israeli government and Hamas hold sway?

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

There will be no effective peace settlement  until both sides accept that ..........

.......God really isn't on their side, and He/She/It/They doesn't give a toss about either Israel or Palestine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Given the outrage when the marchers supporting the Palestinians chanted the same thing, the fact that the head honcho of the Israeli government says it too seems to have passed some by. One rule for one, another for the others? All we heard about was that Hamas wanted to scrub Israel from the map. It couldn’t be clearer that the current Israeli government want to do exactly the same with Palestine.

There will be no effective peace settlement  until both sides accept that they have to find a way of accepting that they both have the right to exist within agreed boundaries in peace. Who can see that happening whilst the existing Israeli government and Hamas hold sway?

Exactly. Remember the outrage from the nob heads on here when “from the river to the sea” was mentioned.

Hamas want Israel off the map and they are terrorists, Israel want Palestine off the map and it’s “why don’t we light up Wembley”.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2024 at 13:29, aintforever said:

Exactly. Remember the outrage from the nob heads on here when “from the river to the sea” was mentioned.

Hamas want Israel off the map and they are terrorists, Israel want Palestine off the map and it’s “why don’t we light up Wembley”.

Get over the Wembley lights you simpleton 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2024 at 11:49, badgerx16 said:

.......God really isn't on their side, and He/She/It/They doesn't give a toss about either Israel or Palestine.

You don’t know that 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

An interesting read for those with an open mind about what happened on 7th October. It also supports my earlier post about the numbers of Israelis reportedly killed by friendly fire.

https://thegrayzone.com/2023/11/18/video-what-happened-october-7/amp/

The Grayzone? This Grayzone?

The Grayzone is an American fringe,[7] far-left[19] news website and blog,[23] founded and edited by American journalist Max Blumenthal.[20]

Yeah only for the open minded

:facepalm:

Edited by Turkish

32 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

An interesting read for those with an open mind about what happened on 7th October. It also supports my earlier post about the numbers of Israelis reportedly killed by friendly fire.

https://thegrayzone.com/2023/11/18/video-what-happened-october-7/amp/

Blumenthal is an avowed anti-Israeli who has also written pro-Putin and pro-Assad pieces. He has previously been caught out "mis-speaking"' when claiming to have witnessed Israeli attacks in Gaza.

There is no doubt that some of the civilian casualties on October 7th were collateral damage or victims of mis-identification, but some of his assertions in that discussion are far from definitive.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-11-27/ty-article-opinion/exposing-max-blumenthals-deceptive-claim-israel-is-responsible-for-most-october-7-victims/0000018c-102f-d65f-a7dd-f0ff7b550000

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The Grayzone? This Grayzone?

The Grayzone is an American fringe,[7] far-left[19] news website and blog,[23] founded and edited by American journalist Max Blumenthal.[20]

Yeah only for the open minded

:facepalm:

If you had an open mind, you too would agree with Soggy's earlier posts!

I love this quote from the article :

Other testimony from survivors of Oct. 7 suggests an alternative explanation—that in its fervor to defeat Hamas, Israeli commanders may have willingly targeted and sacrificed Israeli soldiers and civilians in the crossfire.

"Other testimony from survivors" sounds like a well researched, honest and trusted opinion. No idea why the 'source' isn't named, must be for security reasons rather than a load of made up bollocks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

If you had an open mind, you too would agree with Soggy's earlier posts!

I love this quote from the article :

"Other testimony from survivors" sounds like a well researched, honest and trusted opinion. No idea why the 'source' isn't named, must be for security reasons rather than a load of made up bollocks.

you aren't very open minded are you, in fact you are just like Katy Hopkins. Im glad im here to call you out

• Like 1