Radio Solent Saints forum tomorrow….

saint lard

17 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Actions speak louder than words. I can absolutely see the logic in the manager publically backing his keeper. I fully expect us to dump McCarthy and get in another keeper who could do a job if Bazunu fecks up. 

Martin was fuming at the criticism of Baz. When he mentioned he’d been made aware of the noise and that glance at Wilcox.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, manji said:

Martin was fuming at the criticism of Baz. When he mentioned he’d been made aware of the noise and that glance at Wilcox.

What do you mean? I'm sure he was annoyed because he wants the goalkeeper to be as confident as possible. You do however have to be blind not to see that the keeper has had his problems during his time here and I'm sure they woukd like to at least have the option of bringing in a competent player if his form does take a dip. That isn't saying that Bazunu isn't up to it, it's taking sensible precautions due to a young keeper with promise. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

What do you mean? I'm sure he was annoyed because he wants the goalkeeper to be as confident as possible. You do however have to be blind not to see that the keeper has had his problems during his time here and I'm sure they woukd like to at least have the option of bringing in a competent player if his form does take a dip. That isn't saying that Bazunu isn't up to it, it's taking sensible precautions due to a young keeper with promise. 

We’ve got three decent keepers when the defence is sorted out which is happening now. In the unlikely event we still have issues on the goalkeeping front in January I would be confident we would sort it.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, manji said:

We’ve got three decent keepers when the defence is sorted out which is happening now. In the unlikely event we still have issues on the goalkeeping front in January I would be confident we would sort it.

We don't have three decent keepers. You can't honestly believe that. 

16 minutes ago, manji said:

SR could nuke the city and you would only have good things to say about them. Christ, this is a reach...

2 hours ago, manji said:

They are all varying levels of shit, we just have to hope some defensive reinforcements protects them as much as possible.

Edited by DG

4 hours ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Yes but quite a few (me included) think there should be two forums which would negate “fans” like him trying to set an agenda. The audience were ignoring her because most weren’t/aren’t  interested in the ladies side of the club. 
As for your other comment, you read into it as you want. I am suggesting nothing of the sort just pointing out he had a lot of photos of the women’s teams on his phone. I have a lot of photos of the men’s teams on my computer, so pick the bones out of that. 

Good try but your defence is unconvincing like Saints'

22 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

To be fair, both RM and Wilcox acknowledged it was a poor season for him last year, but they focused on the positives of what he'll learn from it etc. Whether that'll be true or not remains to be seen. 

However, despite my disliking of Bazunu as a player, I very much enjoyed how RM reacted in his defence.

Yeah I liked RM's response. Owned it, and it could quite easily give Baz a boost if he watches it. 

• Like 2

On 15/08/2023 at 22:31, Lord Duckhunter said:

I imagine a lot of supporters were shaking their heads when he praised Baz.

Most in the room applauded, and I certainly wasn’t shaking my head. What he and Wilcox said made perfect sense to me and I’m inclined to trust their judgement. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dman said:

The birds coach must feel embarrsed to be at these things, surely? Clearly noone other than the odd weirdo gives a enough of a fuck to 1 and only question about the womens team. 

Tick box exercise 

Someone has been watching too many re-runs of ‘On the buses’ on ITV4… yak yak yak…

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dman said:

The birds coach must feel embarrsed to be at these things, surely? Clearly noone other than the odd weirdo gives a enough of a fuck to 1 and only question about the womens team. 

Tick box exercise 

You’re right there should be a separate one for the women’s team as let’s be honest no one is there to hear about it however much people might like to pretend they are. Every minute spent talking about it is a minute less talking about what people are there or listening for. They should do a separate one for the women’s team and if people are interested in it go to that instead. People will argue about raising the profile of it, so give them their own forum rather than one that’s dominated by the proper team 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You’re right there should be a separate one for the women’s team as let’s be honest no one is there to hear about it however much people might like to pretend they are. Every minute spent talking about it is a minute less talking about what people are there or listening for. They should do a separate one for the women’s team and if people are interested in it go to that instead. People will argue about raising the profile of it, so give them their own forum rather than one that’s dominated by the proper team 

They should have them back to back and broadcast on the same show. That way you can tune in to whatever bit you are interested in.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It's been deleted now. What exactly happened?

Some twat of a fan said "which wife is (whoever the player is) shagging to not get a game?" Personally if I were the Barnsley hierarchy I'd be considering cancelling future forums due to pricks like that. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Some twat of a fan said "which wife is (whoever the player is) shagging to not get a game?" Personally if I were the Barnsley hierarchy I'd be considering cancelling future forums due to pricks like that. 

To be fair that’s more of sensible question than the pink panthers attempt. 

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

It's been deleted now. What exactly happened?

I needed to play it back a few times, could have done with subtitles. However, the gasps and audible noises of disapproval were pretty funny and needed no translation.

You would think that PR-conscious organisations like ours would take the time to ensure that audience members get vetted, as they would do for Question Time.

• 1 month later...

Apologies if this has been posted somewhere else. 

The clubs follow up published yesterday ( after a month to think about it) to the fans forum and how we're moving forward 🤔.  Even an answer to giving away fans a warm welcome at woman's games. That's good then. 🙄 !!  

Doesn't seem to be many answers to why the team is still playing shit,  and why our recruitment can at times be a bit dodgy !!!!

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/bbc-solent-fans-forum-and-fan-advisory-board-q-and-a-follow-up

Edited by 64saint