Radio Solent Saints forum tomorrow….

saint lard

Any of you lot going? 
If so,I want interesting and meaningful questions asked. 
there is usually a couple of plums asking crass and inane questions. 
straight to the point…no waffle. 
I don’t care if you’ve been a season ticket holder since the 50’s. 
Get to the nitty gritty and quick. 
Ask about the ridiculous managerial appointments….just to ruffle some feathers. 
And don’t let time be wasted by Adam Blackmore and his opinions on behalf of the real fans. 
thanks in advance. 

• Like 4

Do questions get screened before they get put forward to the people being interviewed? I’d love someone to just straight up ask what exactly is being done about the glaring Striker, Centre Back and Goalkeeper issues that every man and his dog can see except the men behind the scenes.

• Like 5

"I've been a fan for over 40 years since me Dad took me in the cold and rain.... I've seen it all, etc etc..... More rambling...... Coming to the eventual point...... When will the club see fit to drop the price of sausage rolls by 20p?"

The fan forum is truly unmissable. 

• Haha 17

Good that Martin and Wilcox will be there. They're the ones we want to hear from. Hopefully there won't be too many questions put to Spacey-Cale. Thought that was a Semmens thing, but nobody's really interested in what she has to say.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

4 minutes ago, saints-til-i-die said:

I’m going 

In which case you have every right to ask what you like, word it how you like and ask it to who ever you like. Despite what people on here who aren't going say. But own it, rather than claiming you're speaking on behalf of loads of people on twitter like the dafty did last time.

Edited by Fabrice29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Colinjb said:

"I've been a fan for over 40 years since me Dad took me in the cold and rain.... I've seen it all, etc etc..... More rambling...... Coming to the eventual point...... When will the club see fit to drop the price of sausage rolls by 20p?"

The fan forum is truly unmissable. 

Ah yes, but in the middle of that you also need to demand a round of applause for the Women's team for an excellent debut season in the Championship.

Can we do a bingo sheet for this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

In which case you have every right to ask what you like, word it how you like and ask it to who ever you like. Despite what people on here who aren't going say. But own it, rather than claiming you're speaking on behalf of loads of people on twitter like the dafty did last time.

Tbf I thought his question was a fair one, not sure why he gets so much stick really

He’s a young guy that seems to go to most games 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Ah yes, but in the middle of that you also need to demand a round of applause for the Women's team for an excellent debut season in the Championship.

Length of Time as a fan

Anecdote from the time as a fan

Applause/mention of ladies team

Mention of Food/Drink prices

Relocation of Away End

What else is there to add?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Im not sure whether there is any that necessarily need asking, I feel we’re in a relatively good spot.. at a push;

1. Are the clubs finances safe despite relegation this year, and if so, at what point does it become a worry ?

2. Is the club concerned about lack of depth at CB and our consistency at being unable to defend crosses/set pieces

3. What systems are in place to ensure we don’t make the same mistakes in the transfer market, like in January.. i.e.. Bree/Onuachu were bought for a failing manager who was sacked shortly after

4. Can we get decent beer and serve it quicker

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

3 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

"I come on behalf of 25k that listened to my twitter space..."

Rob to say 'and what not" during his question

Those are two givens for the bingo card

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Colinjb said:

Length of Time as a fan

Anecdote from the time as a fan

Applause/mention of ladies team

Mention of Food/Drink prices

Relocation of Away End

What else is there to add?

Which part of Southampton you are from

How many games you’ve missed in the last 30 years 

• Haha 2

No one wants to hear about the chicks footy team.

question 1 - are you going to spend any of the cash you are raking in or are you trying to claw back your investment?

question 2 . Assuming cash will be spent  will you buy a capable keeper, striker and centre back ?

No other information is needed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, wild-saint said:

No one wants to hear about the chicks footy team.

question 1 - are you going to spend any of the cash you are raking in or are you trying to claw back your investment?

question 2 . Assuming cash will be spent  will you buy a capable keeper, striker and centre back ?

No other information is needed.

Tbf, I said this on another thread to question 1.

I am assuming that SR are completely committed with thier 90% share holding, but it is a fair question. Are we just an investment that has not worked or is there a long term plan. 

Of course there is always an exit strategy, but it would be good to get some clarity on what SR’s long term plans are. 

Oh and could we get a decent West Country Cyder on tap please. 

There's no point asking about the crap of last season.  It's done and over with and we'll get the same answers we got in the Echo interviews so don't ask about that.  Instead ask about what we can expect in the next couple of weeks, such as:

What positions would you like to strengthen?

What qualities do you feel the starting eleven is currently missing?

Which players have you slapped a "not for sale sign" on?  (surely we can financially do that now?)

How close are we to bringing in players that you want, rather than the ones you've inherited?

• Like 5

"Some jobs that were held at Southampton FC, such as scouting, are now under the remit of Sport Republic and are looking after three clubs rather than one. What areas does this help and what areas does it hinder?"

• Like 2

Apart from making management feel important and good about themselves and allowing them to tick the box [Fan Engagement] on their  CSR policy survey, I can't see any value in these get togethers whatsoever. 

Let's be honest for most of the questions we lot can think of asking, the answers we will get from them are boringly predictable and self evident. I wouldn't embarrass myself by asking them.

Boycotting it will send a stronger message than any ill thought through utterances from the fans.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

This. Was hoping they would introduce it this summer.

They're keen to do it but it was on a 20 week lead time over the summer - so not entirely sure how they'd do it mid season. I suggested trialling it at the back of the Chapel as its a relatively small section (could be done quickly) and then roll it out over the summer to the larger standing areas. Would also help the Chapel initiative pick up pace. 

Would be good if someone can ask tonight.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ImproveOurAtmosphere said:

They're keen to do it but it was on a 20 week lead time over the summer - so not entirely sure how they'd do it mid season. I suggested trialling it at the back of the Chapel as its a relatively small section (could be done quickly) and then roll it out over the summer to the larger standing areas. Would also help the Chapel initiative pick up pace. 

Would be good if someone can ask tonight.

It would be good to have safe standing in Block 18, directly behind the goal. Perhaps 15 to 18?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

It would be good to have safe standing in Block 18, directly behind the goal. Perhaps 15 to 18?

Absolutely - that was the vision I shared with the club. We could use the camera station in 18 as a wall and then drop it off halfway along 14 where the number of rows slightly decrease. That way we'd literally 'slot in' without spoiling anyone's view. Could even go a bit further down in 15/14 as its on the corner. 

image.png.2dad0081c7bd92480ea94e6e53e5a52e.png 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Did you think about that before you wrote it?

Yes, electrical signals propagating and firing wave of neurons - a functional brain.  In a dysfunctional brain this is impaired, or thought reactions are frequently unoriginal or reactive misunderstandings. Hope that helps x  

• Like 1