Radio Solent Saints forum tomorrow….

saint lard

5 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

A lot of hot air tonight really.

It would only have been interesting if Ankersen was in appearance tbh. 

Why? Wilcox and Martin were excellent I thought, authentic and clear thinking with alignment between them both.

Even new CEO seemed promising, humble and focused on giving the football dept the tools that they needed to perform whilst also wanting to support the fans etc.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

One of the worst fans forums i've witnessed

Awful questions and had to turn it down when that guy in the pink top started spouting verbal  Diarrhoea ref making it friendlier for the away fans WTF!!!

Only good question was about getting agreements from clubs about away ticket prices which seem to go over the Dyson guys head, we were not asking the club to subsidise just to set a sensible capped ticket price for clubs when they visit us with the same applied to us when we visit them

Edited by IOWSaintDaz
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, IOWSaintDaz said:

One of the worst fans forums i've witnessed

Awful questions and had to turn it down when that guy in the pink top started spouting verbal  Diarrhoea ref making it friendlier for the away fans WTF!!!

Only good question was about getting agreements from clubs about away ticket prices which seem to go over the Dyson guys head, we were not asking the club to subsidise just to set a sensible capped ticket price for clubs when they visit us with the same applied to us when we visit them

He said at the end of that discussion that they are trying to solve it but Southampton is a big club and when we visit they increase the prices.

• Like 1

Key questions/points ignored:

- Is Rasmus still chained up in the St Mary’s basement?

- How big is the Saints FC chequebook? Is it a standard size like the rest of us mortals?

- How many shipping containers have we got filled with cash from player sales so far?

- Has Alex McCarthy been banned for Staplewood yet?

- Is the pink shirted bloke still talking…?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

A lot of hot air tonight really.

It would only have been interesting if Ankersen was in appearance tbh. 

Why that was last season so irrelevant and ( yet again ) Rasmus job is to manage and enlarge the Sports Republic rosta. Totally moronic to blame Rasmus for last season. I guess having a scapegoat makes it easier to understand for thick contingent

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, manji said:

Why that was last season so irrelevant and ( yet again ) Rasmus job is to manage and enlarge the Sports Republic rosta. Totally moronic to blame Rasmus for last season. I guess having a scapegoat makes it easier to understand for thick contingent

If you're going to call me thick, at least type your sentences well enough that I don't have to read them five times to understand them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Just now, saints-til-i-die said:

Come on people! This is a fresh start. Let’s be positive until we have things to moan about.

Martin and Jason make me feel more positive than some people that have been running around his club in the recent past.

Agree, thought they both came across very well especially Jason Wilcox. I think he'll make a huge difference to the running and direction of the football club.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Why? Wilcox and Martin were excellent I thought, authentic and clear thinking with alignment between them both.

Even new CEO seemed promising, humble and focused on giving the football dept the tools that they needed to perform whilst also wanting to support the fans etc.

Wilcox does come across very well, as someone who is clear thinking, with a bit of a vision as to what he wants to build and how to go about it.

Still not convinced by RM though, although he does give some honest responses (even if I don’t agree with his blind optimism about the GK position). An improvement on last season’s fiasco, November onwards. 

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, saintant said:

I look forward to Baz putting in a string of performances to prove he is, as claimed, the best goalkeeper in the Championship. 

Small steps, aim for best keeper in an SO14 postcode and build from there.

To be fair, what could his manager and former youth team boss say in the circumstances.  Most of us appreciate he's a youngster in a key position, and at present he's in front of the un-dynamic duo Macca and Lumley.  Get McCarthy out and nailed on Wilcox and Mowbray will bring in some genuine competition, it's what an ambitious club would do regardless of individual ability.   

• Like 3

I felt the guy in the crowd rightly asked about the goalkeeper position and got shot down by Martin (fair enough) but why did some of the crowd feel they had to applaud Martin? I’m pretty sure it’s not that partisan in favour of Bazunu if they were being honest with themselves.

It was a complete waste of time mostly; questions about the women’s team (sorry ladies, I think you should have your own one for those who are interested - I’m not) and we should just shut down the likes of the bloke in the pink top as that’s something the club can handle via other methods of communication - not the sort of shite fans want to hear at forum limited to one hour.

We want to hear about tactics, management, players, transfers, hopes and expectations, the financials of the club, ticket pricing and affordability… not shite about saying welcome to Southampton over a tannoy.

FWIW, loved Wilcox. Adam always seems a bit nervous and on the brink of putting his foot in it. Martin was standard. New CEO… not sure, yet.

Edited by Crab Lungs
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

I like Wilcox and Martin

They should have a separate forum for the girls team. It’s just not important. 

Bloke in the GK shirt should never be allowed into St Mary’s again, although doubt he’s ever come anyway. 

Doubt Bazunu is the best Goalkeeper in Southampton, let alone the entire league. But I don’t mind Martin backing him.

These things are a waste of time but suppose the club feel like they have to have them to appease the simpletons. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Small steps, aim for best keeper in an SO14 postcode and build from there.

To be fair, what could his manager and former youth team boss say in the circumstances.  Most of us appreciate he's a youngster in a key position, and at present he's in front of the un-dynamic duo Macca and Lumley.  Get McCarthy out and nailed on Wilcox and Mowbray will bring in some genuine competition, it's what an ambitious club would do regardless of individual ability.   

Interesting you mention Darren Mowbray. Would have been very interesting to hear something about how his role is developing, and how far afield he might be looking for players.

Don’t suppose anyone asked, too busy making statements (not asking a fucking question) about stewards, or some other banal crap. 

• Like 2

D

2 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

I felt the guy in the crowd rightly asked about the goalkeeper position and got shot down by Martin (fair enough) but why did some of the crowd feel they had to applaud Martin? I’m pretty sure it’s not that partisan in favour of Bazunu if they were being honest with themselves.

It was a complete waste of time mostly; questions about the women’s team (sorry ladies, I think you should have your own one for those who are interested - I’m not) and we should just shut down the likes of the bloke in the pink top as that’s something the club can handle via other methods of communication - not the sort of shite fans want to hear at forum limited to one hour.

We want to hear about tactics, management, players, transfers, hopes and expectations, the financials of the club, ticket pricing and affordability… not shite about saying welcome to Southampton over a tannoy.

FWIW, loved Wilcox. Adam always seems a bit nervous and on the brink of putting his foot in it. Martin was standard. New CEO… not sure, yet.

Don't think there is any problem about questions for the women's team. It's still Southampton football, and as valid as the men's questions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Amused by one question I heard, after a bit of a ramble bloke finished off with “… Marianne what do you learn off of Russell, and Russell is there anything you have learnt from Marianne ?”.

Adam didn’t focus on that last bit in rounding up the question.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Badger said:

Interesting you mention Darren Mowbray. Would have been very interesting to hear something about how his role is developing, and how far afield he might be looking for players.

Don’t suppose anyone asked, too busy making statements (not asking a fucking question) about stewards, or some other banal crap. 

Heard that he's been working flat out, lots of airmiles.  Bloody refreshing to have some grown ups involved again. 

23 minutes ago, saintant said:

I look forward to Baz putting in a string of performances to prove he is, as claimed, the best goalkeeper in the Championship. 

Those deluded comments put rest of the waffle in perspective, nothing wrong with backing your players but best goalkeeper in the division is just laughable 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Amused by one question I heard, after a bit of a ramble bloke finished off with “… Marianne what do you learn off of Russell, and Russell is there anything you have learnt from Marianne ?”.

Adam didn’t focus on that last bit in rounding up the question.

If that had gone to Strachan he would have said something like 'my Victoria sponge has improved beyond all expectations'. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sussex_saint said:

D

Don't think there is any problem about questions for the women's team. It's still Southampton football, and as valid as the men's questions. 

It’s simply not right to pigeon hole the women’s team stuff into a one hour forum. I’ll be frank and honest with you - I don’t care and the groundswell of opinion would be the same if people are openly honest. There simply isn’t the level of interest in it to have a huge chunk of the forum taken up by it.

They should have their own one. Besides, it’ll rid the men’s one of the bloke with the dubious hard drive and pink GK shirt on.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, LGTL said:

These things are a waste of time but suppose the club feel like they have to have them to appease the simpletons. 

I always think they are a bit of a historical accident really. They used to be done years ago when Radio Solent fans forum was one of the few opportunities for the club to get its voice heard.

First ones I remember involved Branfoot.

As a result the club feel obliged to do them even though other interviews are freely available on the internet etc. 

4 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

If that had gone to Strachan he would have said something like 'my Victoria sponge has improved beyond all expectations'. 

I thought the discussion might involve beard trimming or such like. 

• Haha 1

As Wilcox has won the premier league, got relegated, played for England, been City's Academy director for 10 yrs and watched and analysed all our game since Jan there is no one better qualified to re-build our squad and football club.

Also liked his comment that we won games through luck than system during those games he watched.

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 13

22 minutes ago, JRM said:

Those deluded comments put rest of the waffle in perspective, nothing wrong with backing your players but best goalkeeper in the division is just laughable 

I think to be fair he said that he would be the best....not is the best.

Edited by miserableoldgit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I'll be honest I'm gutted no one stood up and said Im saintsweb's leading poster and an insider in the circle of trust before asking a question about snacks in the stadium.

Indeed, there are a lot of chubby Walter Mitty's around at these type of fora, point scoring for the bus journey home.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

Wilcox answer regarding sales slightly worrying. (unexpected bids considered from a business perspective even if we can't replace)

Russell Martin very personable, his whole called loyal because he was no good was a nice answer.

Yeah, that what I was trying to remember. Noticed that too. 👀

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Just back from the forum, absolutely buzzing…Managed to ask a question, mainly about the need to be more respectful to long travelling away fans. 

Before you say it….. you’re welcome

Kind of you to attempt to take one for the team Alex, but I would wager that the Pink Panther was a fully paid up member of the Nathan Jones 17 on here (straight outta Rampton)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Wilcox pretty (correctly) scathing on everyone involved last season there.

1 hour ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Russell very adamantly backing Bazunu there. 🤐

These statements are mutually exclusive. If I was there I’d have asked Martin what he thought of Baz’s performances last season. 

Just listened to it, I think they all came across well.

Downes is happening so nothing to worry about, good signing.

Absolutely unequivocal about Bazunu. He's the goalkeeper and that's that. Let's hope he repays the faith.

They were a bit vague about whether they need a bit of height, Martin was a solid no, Wilcox a bit more even handed.

Wilcox pretty scathing about last year, our victories were mainly luck, and when you think about Leicester or Chelsea away he's absolutely right, just to think of two examples.

And its pretty clear that Phil the new CEO is definitely "moving forward". I don't think he is ever going to stop moving forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Rus big big fan of baz in gk, would say he would like to sign him if he wasnt already here - will be best goalie in division.

Wilcox agree's

Just goes to show how good a manager he is. Bazunu needed to be backed, he's young and needs to know he has the confidence of the manager.

As fans we really need to play our part in that.

That will stick in the throat of some on here, but he's all we have at the moment. So bluntly we have to suck it up.

If he's destroyed by negative vibes raining down on him, we simply make things worse.

I don't mean some artificial love in. If he messes up he can expect some stick, but perhaps a little perspective.

However proper competition for the Premier GK position would help as well.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, macca155 said:

Just goes to show how good a manager he is. Bazunu needed to be backed, he's young and needs to know he has the confidence of the manager.

As fans we really need to play our part in that.

That will stick in the throat of some on here, but he's all we have at the moment. So bluntly we have to suck it up.

If he's destroyed by negative vibes raining down on him, we simply make things worse.

I don't mean some artificial love in. If he messes up he can expect some stick, but perhaps a little perspective.

However proper competition for the Premier GK position would help as well.

Why do we have to do that?