Brentford 1 -2 Southampton (closed door friendly)

AndyRWatson

• AndyRWatson changed the title to Brentford 1 -2 Southampton (closed door friendly)
11 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I wonder who played. I’m assuming it wasn’t anywhere near a starting up for us, as three of our team were playing golf in the group behind me yesterday afternoon.

There's a few photos on the Brentford website that catch a glimpse of 2 or 3 of the Saints players. Not sure who they are though.

Onyeka_v_Southampton_match_report_hero_eyqmcs.jpg

Dickov_v_Southampton_gallery_urazww.jpg

Ajer_v_Southampton_gallery_pe7lzn.jpg

Interesting that we chose to play a friendly so early into the season, assuming it’s to keep the fringe players sharp and fit whilst seeing how the U21s on the brink of the first team fare against tougher opposition?

I miss the old reserve team days where we’d see a mixture of first team, reserves and U21s and fans were allowed to attend.

• Like 4

Just now, bpsaint said:

Interesting that we chose to play a friendly so early into the season, assuming it’s to keep the fringe players sharp and fit whilst seeing how the U21s on the brink of the first team fare against tougher opposition?

I miss the old reserve team days where we’d see a mixture of first team, reserves and U21s and fans were allowed to attend.

I’ll always the remember the two games we played at St Mary’s shortly after it opened, both got crowds of around 10K. Also got to see the majesty of Federico “The Torpedo” Arias. Sadly he was nowhere close on the Jonno Quick scale, he made Joe Aribo look fast.

20 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Yes, its for the fringe players to keep match fit for when we need them after we have sold all the decent ones to close to the transfer window slamming shut and not got enough time to bring replacements..................  #sellbeforewebuy

1 hour ago, Master Bates said:

Thought we done this yesterday, Lumley, Bella-Kotchap, Bree, Mara, Ballard, Aribo, Lyanco, Perraud and Djenepo all involved.

Nine players, no midfield and we still beat Brentford. They suck. 😁🤪

• Haha 2

On 23/08/2023 at 12:57, Baird of the land said:

Is the first 1 Zach Awe?

I think you will find the picture you are refering to is a picture of a Brentford player so that is definitely NOT Zach Awe!!!

For those who are confused, Brentford are the team in red and white stripes!!!! Saints were playing in grey! :)

The general opinion about who the Saints player is behind Brentford's Keane Lewis-Potter in the last picture is that it is Jem Hewlett - which seems to be the most likely though there are also suggestions that it may be Will Armitage. The blonde hair would point to Jem Hewlett being the most likely suggestion.

4 minutes ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

I think you will find the picture you are refering to is a picture of a Brentford player so that is definitely NOT Zach Awe!!!

For those who are confused, Brentford are the team in red and white stripes!!!! Saints were playing in grey! :)

The general opinion about who the Saints player is behind Brentford's Keane Lewis-Potter in the last picture is that it is Jem Hewlett - which seems to be the most likely though there are also suggestions that it may be Will Armitage. The blonde hair would point to Jem Hewlett being the most likely suggestion.

:mcinnes:

Have another look and see if you can spot Zach Awe in the first pic. Hint: he’s wearing a Saints away kit.

• Like 3