Che Adams magic

NewYorkSaint

I know he can be so frustrating as a finisher. But I'd argue his real contribution to the team is as a playmaker. The number of times yesterday he received the ball midfield and either held off defenders in powerful or flicked forward to create space... I lost count. In many ways he's an essential part of the Russell Martin plan... because he can be the key that unlocks breakthrough moments for our attacks.  He's not often credited with official assists, because his key plays come a few moves earlier. He's the assister of the assisters. But he's incredibly good at it.  His substitution was, I think, a big part of our fall off second half.  We lost our out, our playmaker.  Personally I'd love us to offer him a new contract....

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

With due respect to Che Adams, He was good until the end of the summer transfer window as soon as the window closed he was hopeless. Approaching the January window he picked up again and put himself about, got into the box and started scoring again. I wonder why that is. Personally. unless he signs the contract we should let him go and get a goalscorer in. If he's still here after the window he may well revert to hopeless again. We can't afford that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, derry said:

With due respect to Che Adams, He was good until the end of the summer transfer window as soon as the window closed he was hopeless. Approaching the January window he picked up again and put himself about, got into the box and started scoring again. I wonder why that is. Personally. unless he signs the contract we should let him go and get a goalscorer in. If he's still here after the window he may well revert to hopeless again. We can't afford that.

Would certain rather keep Adams who we already know is a goalscorer at this level rather than have £5m to replace him with (in all liklihood) someone who has never played football in England before and would be under pressure to adapt very quickly due to the number of games we have in Feb.

Adams is one of the best strikers in the league and we already have him so might as well keep if we can.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

he looked a bit leaner yesterday to me 

he’s playing well in this front three with fraser and AA and he’s good at bringing others into play even if his finishing is at times erratic 

seems pointless disrupting that front three for the sake of a few million quid in the grand scheme of things 

• Like 2

Che is pretty much a known quality - and quantity. We’ve seen what he can - and cannot, do. 

Even in a rubbish EPL team he failed to particularly shine - players like Ings etc still showed class playing in our rubbish team. 
At Champship level he looks very good. 

I think he’s found his level.

Next season in the EPL a new #9 with higher ceiling please. 
Next season in the championship Che is an excellent choice. 

18 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Che is pretty much a known quality - and quantity. We’ve seen what he can - and cannot, do. 

Even in a rubbish EPL team he failed to particularly shine - players like Ings etc still showed class playing in our rubbish team. 

“Higher ceiling” hmm, who in your opinion had the highest ceiling, Broja or Adam Armstrong?

• Haha 2

He’s an absolute donkey sometimes but often a handful and will create lots of space and opportunities for others. Absolutely no point selling him for the money being mentioned, even if it means he goes on a free in the summer. You’d happily pay a few million for a player like him if you’re in the chase for promotion, even just as an option 

Edited by Jack

Still think we really need to upgrade on him. I’m not really sold by his current form. I think it’s more of a case of the whole team and squad absolutely clicking perfectly at the moment for example Mara has also been scoring too but not getting as many minutes..

in a team playing like this, sure he’s gonna score but back in the premiership where you need to be clinical he’s not the man you want the crucial chances falling to .. hope we don’t get fooled into giving him a new deal.

Edited by pimpin4rizeal

1 hour ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Still think we really need to upgrade on him. I’m not really sold by his current form. I think it’s more of a case of the whole team and squad absolutely clicking perfectly at the moment for example Mara has also been scoring too but not getting as many minutes..

in a team playing like this, sure he’s gonna score but back in the premiership where you need to be clinical he’s not the man you want the crucial chances falling to .. hope we don’t get fooled into giving him a new deal.

By giving him a new deal we then have the option to sell him for a proper fee rather than get nothing at the end of the season !

As others have said, for what we'd get right now we're better off keeping him....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eurosaint said:

By giving him a new deal we then have the option to sell him for a proper fee rather than get nothing at the end of the season !

As others have said, for what we'd get right now we're better off keeping him....

The alternative to selling Che for c. £5m and the #9 sized gap that creates in our squad at the business end of the season is a “new deal” that Che might get or ask from Saints. It can come in a variety of forms :

For example : 6mths, 1 year , 2year + extension deal,  on an augmented salary , and including a re-signing on loyalty bonus or specific other benefits. Such as a “get promoted to EPL” £1m bonus. All plausible. 

His agent can ask Saints for that now - and i would be surprised if it’s not already happening - or Saints can suggest it to his agent - and the closer to automatic we get the more likely it is we will - and Che might accept - or more likely still his agent will see what other clubs have to say first and say “ I’ll get back to you” . 

Acceptance would temporarily end the speculation in this window and enable RM to plan last 19 games knowing his settled strike force. Which is a big plus of high value. £5m worth? EPL promotion worth? It’s a guess but I think overall most of us would say “yes” and prefer that in particular given he’s started scoring again. 

The most likely scenario (for me anyway) is that Che prefers to stay until end of season, on his current salary - or augmented for 6 months - and enjoys a promotion campaign with Saints not a relegation battle for a bottom six EPL club he’s just joined for the money. 

He would then be free to accept whatever offers are put on the table in the Summer including any new deal offer from Saints. His positioning would be strong as a strike force leader of a team that got promoted scoring loads of goals not passing saints on the way down if he joins a relegation bound team. 

IF Che stays until end of season AND Saints get promoted then it’s decision time. His stock would be higher imo. A 2 year extension deal, on EPL salary and a re-signing on loyalty bonus might all be on the table for him from Saints. 

No question. At Championship level he is very very good player. 

At Premiership level he’s arguably going to be better suited playing for saints in our current style than playing for others in a different style. But His level in other styles is not top top striker imo - from our own experiences in the epl with him and his international form - but rather , at best, a mid table EPL teams striker. 

If we go up I certainly would want an upgrade. And to keep Che anyways. Whether that is RS or another new striker I don’t know. 

Edited by gio1saints

18 hours ago, gio1saints said:

Bring in Broja for next season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eurosaint said:

We had that in the summer.  No one wanted to buy him.....

23 hours ago, gio1saints said:

The alternative to selling Che for c. £5m and the #9 sized gap that creates in our squad at the business end of the season is a “new deal” that Che might get or ask from Saints. It can come in a variety of forms :

For example : 6mths, 1 year , 2year + extension deal,  on an augmented salary , and including a re-signing on loyalty bonus or specific other benefits. Such as a “get promoted to EPL” £1m bonus. All plausible. 

His agent can ask Saints for that now - and i would be surprised if it’s not already happening - or Saints can suggest it to his agent - and the closer to automatic we get the more likely it is we will - and Che might accept - or more likely still his agent will see what other clubs have to say first and say “ I’ll get back to you” . 

Acceptance would temporarily end the speculation in this window and enable RM to plan last 19 games knowing his settled strike force. Which is a big plus of high value. £5m worth? EPL promotion worth? It’s a guess but I think overall most of us would say “yes” and prefer that in particular given he’s started scoring again. 

The most likely scenario (for me anyway) is that Che prefers to stay until end of season, on his current salary - or augmented for 6 months - and enjoys a promotion campaign with Saints not a relegation battle for a bottom six EPL club he’s just joined for the money. 

He would then be free to accept whatever offers are put on the table in the Summer including any new deal offer from Saints. His positioning would be strong as a strike force leader of a team that got promoted scoring loads of goals not passing saints on the way down if he joins a relegation bound team. 

IF Che stays until end of season AND Saints get promoted then it’s decision time. His stock would be higher imo. A 2 year extension deal, on EPL salary and a re-signing on loyalty bonus might all be on the table for him from Saints. 

No question. At Championship level he is very very good player. 

At Premiership level he’s arguably going to be better suited playing for saints in our current style than playing for others in a different style. But His level in other styles is not top top striker imo - from our own experiences in the epl with him and his international form - but rather , at best, a mid table EPL teams striker. 

If we go up I certainly would want an upgrade. And to keep Che anyways. Whether that is RS or another new striker I don’t know. 

Can someone summarise this post in a less than 3 bullet points please? 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

No.  Fucking read it yourself or don't, either way stop being a prick would be my advice to you.

Thanks @notnowcatobut I’m happy to oblige. 

- I think Che is best served staying at saints until the summer. 

- I think it’s also in saints best interests that happens. 

- IF we go up Che can take his £££ best choice - but from the footballing perspective our style seems to suit him much better than the way we played last time in EPL. 

PS. I know some / many of my posts read more like articles than quick points. Apologies if that means they are too long for busy people wanting a condensed pov. 😇

Edited by gio1saints
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

No.  Fucking read it yourself or don't, either way stop being a prick would be my advice to you.

who rattled your cage. I was only asking as like you said i cant be arsed to read an essay.  

Edited by wild-saint
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wild-saint said:

who rattled your cage. I was only asking as like you said i cant be arsed to read an essay.  

But you can create a sarcy comment about something you can't be bothered to read, go you.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Do you consider there to be something wrong with having a boyfriend? Bigot. 

Whether Gio and I are boyfriend, girlfriend, or dogging partners is, frankly, none of your business.  Nobhead. 

48 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

But you can create a sarcy comment about something you can't be bothered to read, go you.

Title: The Art of Sarcasm: Navigating the Fine Line Between Wit and Apathy

Introduction

Sarcasm, often regarded as the highest form of wit, has the power to amuse, entertain, and sometimes offend. It's a linguistic tool that relies on irony and a clever play on words, but what happens when sarcasm is used to deflect from engaging with something, a comment, or even a piece of writing? This raises the question: Can one create a sarcastic comment about something they can't be bothered to read? In exploring this topic, we'll delve into the nuances of sarcasm, its role in communication, and whether it can effectively serve as a shield against the effort of intellectual engagement.

The Nature of Sarcasm

Sarcasm, at its core, is a form of verbal irony where someone says the opposite of what they mean, often with a mocking or scornful undertone. It is a sharp and witty tool in the arsenal of language, allowing individuals to express their thoughts in a humorous or critical manner. While sarcasm can be a potent means of communication, its effectiveness depends on context, tone, and the relationship between the communicator and the audience.

Using Sarcasm as a Shield

The idea of creating a sarcastic comment about something one can't be bothered to read suggests a certain level of apathy or disinterest. In this scenario, sarcasm can be employed as a shield, deflecting the need to engage with the content in question. This raises the question of whether sarcasm is a genuine expression of indifference or merely a clever way to avoid addressing the subject matter.

One might argue that crafting a sarcastic comment about unread material could be a defense mechanism, allowing the individual to distance themselves from the topic without directly stating their disinterest. It becomes a way to save face, projecting an image of nonchalance and wit rather than admitting an unwillingness to invest time or effort.

The Double-Edged Sword

While sarcasm can be a powerful linguistic tool, it is also a double-edged sword. The line between witty banter and outright rudeness is thin, and using sarcasm to dismiss something without consideration can backfire. It risks alienating others, damaging relationships, and creating an atmosphere of hostility.

Moreover, relying on sarcasm as a habitual response to things one can't be bothered to read may indicate a lack of genuine curiosity or a closed-minded approach to new ideas. It could lead to missed opportunities for intellectual growth and meaningful discussions. In a world inundated with information, dismissing content without exploration may perpetuate ignorance rather than fostering understanding.

The Importance of Intellectual Engagement

Intellectual engagement is a cornerstone of personal and societal growth. It involves actively seeking knowledge, considering diverse perspectives, and participating in meaningful conversations. Sarcasm, when used as a shield against intellectual engagement, might hinder this process. It can contribute to a culture of superficiality, where witty remarks take precedence over thoughtful analysis.

Instead of defaulting to sarcasm, individuals are encouraged to approach unfamiliar topics with an open mind. Engaging with new ideas, even those that initially seem uninteresting, can broaden one's understanding and contribute to personal development. Intellectual curiosity fosters a deeper connection with the world, encouraging a more informed and empathetic perspective.

The Role of Context

It's essential to recognize that not all instances of sarcasm are created equal. The appropriateness of a sarcastic comment depends heavily on context and the nature of the conversation. In some cases, sarcasm can be a harmless and humorous way to navigate discussions, while in others, it may be perceived as dismissive or disrespectful.

Before employing sarcasm as a response, it's crucial to consider the feelings and perspectives of others. What might be intended as a lighthearted remark could be interpreted differently by those on the receiving end. A balance must be struck between expressing individuality and maintaining a level of respect for diverse opinions.

Conclusion

In the realm of communication, sarcasm stands out as a powerful and versatile tool. However, when used as a shield against engaging with content or ideas, it can hinder personal growth and meaningful discourse. While crafting a sarcastic comment about something one can't be bothered to read may provide a momentary sense of wit, it's essential to weigh the long-term consequences.

Ultimately, fostering intellectual curiosity, open-mindedness, and a willingness to engage with diverse perspectives enriches personal and collective understanding. Sarcasm can coexist with these values, but it should be wielded thoughtfully, considering the impact it may have on communication and relationships. Striking a balance between wit and genuine engagement is the key to navigating the complex landscape of sarcasm in our interactions.

Edited by wild-saint

8 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

Whether Gio and I are boyfriend, girlfriend, or dogging partners is, frankly, none of your business.  Nobhead. 

It becomes everyone's business when you start flouncing around the board white knighting for another poster because they dared to suggest that a reply could do with being a bit less verbose. Astoundingly, Gio was the adult in the room and did what was asked but it didn't stop you making at tit of yourself did it. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, wild-saint said:

Title: A Plea for Understanding: Navigating Communication in the Online Realm

Introduction:

The message at hand appears to convey a sense of frustration and exasperation, urging the recipient to take the time to read a piece of content. While the tone may be abrasive, it prompts a broader discussion on effective communication in the online realm. In this detailed response, we will explore the challenges of conveying messages online, the importance of mutual respect, and strategies for fostering constructive communication.

The Challenges of Online Communication:

Online communication lacks the nuances of face-to-face interactions, making it susceptible to misunderstandings. In the absence of non-verbal cues, such as tone of voice and body language, written messages bear the entire weight of conveying intent. This inherent limitation can result in misinterpretations and escalated emotions, as seen in the initial post.

Understanding Different Perspectives:

The phrase "stop being a prick" suggests a perception of the recipient as insensitive or uncooperative. However, it's crucial to acknowledge that people bring their own experiences, emotions, and expectations to online interactions. A more empathetic approach involves recognizing that different individuals may have diverse perspectives shaped by their unique backgrounds.

Promoting Respectful Communication:

Mutual respect is the cornerstone of healthy communication. The choice of words in the original post might be considered disrespectful, potentially hindering the desired outcome. Constructive dialogue flourishes when participants approach discussions with an open mind, patience, and a willingness to understand diverse viewpoints.

Strategies for Constructive Communication:

1. Choose Words Thoughtfully: The language used in online communication can significantly impact the message's reception. Selecting words carefully helps to convey the intended meaning without causing unnecessary offense.

2. Encourage Open Dialogue: Instead of resorting to accusations, fostering an environment for open dialogue encourages participants to express their thoughts and feelings. This can lead to a more productive exchange of ideas.

3. Seek Clarification: When faced with a potentially inflammatory statement, seeking clarification rather than assuming intent can prevent misunderstandings. Asking for additional context can provide a more complete picture.

4. Embrace Diplomacy: Diplomacy involves navigating conversations with tact and sensitivity. By choosing a diplomatic approach, individuals can express their opinions without escalating tension.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, the original post, though confrontational, highlights the challenges of online communication. To enhance discourse in virtual spaces, it's imperative to recognize the limitations of text-based interactions, understand diverse perspectives, and prioritize mutual respect. By adopting strategies for constructive communication, individuals can contribute to a more positive and understanding online environment, fostering meaningful connections and reducing the likelihood of confrontations like the one expressed in the initial post.

User
You
increase to 1000 words

ChatGPT
ChatGPT

Title: Fostering Constructive Online Communication: Navigating Challenges with Empathy and Respect

Introduction:

In the vast landscape of online communication, brevity often reigns supreme. The concise yet abrasive message in question — "Fucking read it yourself or don't, either way stop being a prick would be my advice to you" — encapsulates the frustration that can arise in text-based interactions. This response seeks to delve into the complexities of online communication, exploring the challenges it presents, the significance of embracing diverse perspectives, and strategies for fostering a more constructive and respectful dialogue.

The Nuances of Online Communication:

The very nature of online communication, predominantly reliant on text, lacks the richness and subtlety inherent in face-to-face interactions. Without the luxury of non-verbal cues such as tone, pitch, and body language, the written word must shoulder the burden of expressing intent. In this light, it is easy to see how misinterpretations and misunderstandings can emerge, leading to exchanges characterized by frustration and exacerbated emotions.

Understanding Different Perspectives:

The phrase "stop being a prick" conveys a sense of exasperation, implying a perception of the recipient as insensitive or uncooperative. However, it is crucial to acknowledge the multifaceted nature of individuals engaging in online interactions. People bring their own unique set of experiences, emotions, and expectations, which can significantly shape their perspectives. A more empathetic approach involves recognizing and appreciating the diversity of viewpoints that participants bring to the digital table.

Promoting Respectful Communication:

At the heart of effective communication lies mutual respect. Despite the frustration evident in the initial post, it is essential to remember that fostering constructive dialogue requires an approach grounded in respect. This respect extends to acknowledging the agency of others to hold different opinions and the shared goal of creating an environment conducive to meaningful discussion.

Strategies for Constructive Communication:

1. Choose Words Thoughtfully: Words are powerful tools that can shape the tone and tenor of a conversation. Careful consideration of language is paramount, as it can either facilitate understanding or contribute to escalation. Selecting words thoughtfully ensures that the intended message is conveyed without unnecessary offense.

2. Encourage Open Dialogue: Rather than resorting to accusations, creating an atmosphere that encourages open dialogue is pivotal. Participants should feel empowered to express their thoughts and feelings without fear of judgment. Open dialogue facilitates the exchange of ideas and promotes a more inclusive discourse.

3. Seek Clarification: In the face of potentially inflammatory statements, the instinct may be to assume intent. However, a more constructive approach involves seeking clarification. Asking for additional context can provide a more comprehensive understanding of the speaker's perspective, mitigating the risk of misinterpretation.

4. Embrace Diplomacy: Diplomacy is an art that involves navigating conversations with tact and sensitivity. Choosing a diplomatic approach allows individuals to express their opinions without escalating tension. It encourages the consideration of alternative viewpoints and promotes a collaborative rather than confrontational dynamic.

The Importance of Patience:

Patience is a virtue that becomes increasingly valuable in the context of online communication. Conversations may unfold slowly as participants grapple with the challenges of expressing themselves through text alone. Practicing patience allows for the cultivation of a more thoughtful and deliberate exchange of ideas, reducing the likelihood of misunderstandings.

The Impact of Tone:

The original post's tone is undeniably confrontational, potentially hindering the achievement of its desired outcome. Tone plays a pivotal role in shaping how a message is received. A more measured and respectful tone can contribute to a more positive and receptive atmosphere. Recognizing the emotional impact of words allows participants to engage in discussions with greater empathy and understanding.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, the initial post, though terse and confrontational, serves as a poignant reminder of the challenges inherent in online communication. To enhance discourse in virtual spaces, it is imperative to recognize the limitations of text-based interactions, understand and appreciate diverse perspectives, and prioritize mutual respect. By adopting strategies for constructive communication, individuals can contribute to a more positive and understanding online environment, fostering meaningful connections and reducing the likelihood of confrontations like the one expressed in the initial post. Patience, thoughtful language, open dialogue, and diplomacy are the cornerstones of a communication framework that seeks to bridge gaps, encourage understanding, and promote a harmonious digital space.

Hello mate, any chance you could condense this bollocks into 2 bullet points?  Forever in your debt, NNC.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, notnowcato said:

Hello mate, any chance you could condense this bollocks into 2 bullet points?  Forever in your debt, NNC.

No.  Fucking read it yourself or don't, either way stop being a prick would be my advice to you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, hypochondriac said:

It becomes everyone's business when you start flouncing around the board white knighting for another poster because they dared to suggest that a reply could do with being a bit less verbose. Astoundingly, Gio was the adult in the room and did what was asked but it didn't stop you making it at it of yourself did it. 

Believe that, if it suits you.

Meanwhile, in the real world, Gio failed to meet the demands of lazy wild-saint.  Wild clearly asked for LESS than 3 bullet points, Gio could only condense to 3.  I hope Gio is hanging his head in shame.  Bad Gio.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

@hypochondriacWhy are you calling me @notnowcato boyfriend? And then throwing out allegations of bigotry at him? 

That’s a very strange comment. 

Oh, and @wild-saintyou said you cannot be arsed to read my post and ask for it in bullet points - so I obliged - and you’re welcome btw. 

Lol! No. I wasn't.