Goal of the season so far?

NewYorkSaint

It's not a typical "goal of the season" candidate but Tella's/AA's against Sheff Wed was the one I cheered most just because it was the first goal after such a turbulent summer and so much insecurities. When that went in, it was like they all just evaporated. Even more than the second one oddly enough.

• Like 3

Alcaraz v Plymouth for me. 

An absolute howitzer to turn the game in our favour after a massive scare that should have resulted in us being 0-1 down. A wonderful way to see out a horrifying, then hopeful year.

• Like 1

Arma's goal at Rotherham was a peach, from inch-perfect ball forward from THB to the backheel from Wee Man to tee him up. 

Just a shame the keeper got a touch, which stopped it from being a 'clean' finish. But that doesn't detract from the overall quality of the move.

• Like 1

It wasn't a goal but was so close, I said it at the time if it had gone in it would have been my GOTS - AA's shot from near the half way line against Plymouth in December that if it had dropped a foot lower it would have gone in. 

Tough to choose, so many goals! Actually then, the same Plymouth game - that Alcaraz goal put us on the road to the win and was a great finish - so that. Same as Colinjb above.

Just now, EssEffCee said:

Joe Rothwell will be winning this. Stupendous strike.

Absolutely - it would take some goal to better that. His technique to keep the ball down and the way he cut across it to send it swerving and arrowing into the top corner was sensational.

• Like 1