Design a Saints rebrand - Fan competition

Matthew Le God

It wouldn't be surprising, given that the place got called The Dell.

Agreed. I seem to recall reading somewhere too that the tree represented the dell (a small wooded valley) that used to be on that site. Somebody like Duncan needs to confirm that and make an amendment to the information on Wikepedia.

Now that we are no longer at the Dell, perhaps we can drop the tree, as I see little relevance for connecting us to the New Forest

I think if you got rid of the scarf, football and halo that badge would be brilliant. love the kit. send it to them!

this kit and badge wold typify our fall from grace.. shoddy and amateurish... we would look like a Sunday League team. Leave it alone!

didn't gecko saint used to put designs up on one of the older boards?

I've done hundreds of Saints crest designs over the years, but never really been 100% happy with any of them cos they're not the image I associate with the club I've grown up with over the years.

Saying that it's easier doing it for other clubs as I've just done the new crest for Plymouth:

pafc.gif

Evolution rather revolution. It's not my favourite versions that was presented to the PAFC board but that's the version they signed off.

Our crest is unique (well until the new QPR crest appeared) which I like, but also understand you can't stand still.

Saints should definitely to something special to celebrate 125 years, so maybe it's time for an update but not complete change.

I think the current badge is perfectly sound, it says everything about who and what we are and where we are from. The fact that it has not changed for so many years (un like Leeds Utds way of screwing customers in the pocket every 5 minutes) shows how timeless and distinctive it is. Overall if you look at all football badges very few have been changed over the years at they are the rubber stamp of a clubs identity.

yes yes and yes, it is a spot on crest leave it alone!

I'm sorry but how is mashing together an old badge and our current one a proper rebrand. The old badge was awful anyway and what has a crown got to do with SFC.

I thought the tree on the badge represented the green parks of the city and strength, as decribed on the old board by the designers grandson.

In the 1970's the Club had a competition for fans to design a brand new badge, the current badge is the result. As its the 125th year of Saints and a new era of ownership I thought I'd have a go at bring the club back to its 1885 traditions.

Here is my idea. Have a go yourself and post designs in here. We could then have a poll vote thread of the best designs from the thread.

Please don't turn this thread into a discussion about if the club should have a rebrand or not as that has been done before. Just use it to show off your creativity! :)

A combination of old(1885 badge) and current badge

2elggb6.png

:)

Int_corps_badge_6cm.jpg

It looks like the Army Intelligence Corps badge! Clearly inappropriate for so many reasons given the recent history of this club! :)

I would like to see a return to this design:

!BPftyOQBWk~$(KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly2R-BJz7wSOj4w~~_1.JPG

I posted this a while ago, I'd like to see a return to the Rank Xerox kits of old, with this as the away kit.

n2khz9.jpg

I too would be quite happy for a return to the 'Keegan era' shirts.

As I've said previously on the subject of these kits, it would seem appropriate to return to the shirts from a time when Saints were at the 'pinnacle' of English football.