News - SFC in talks with some bloke in Eastleigh market flogging tat out of a box

lee_saint

Quick someone jump on google.

Wikipedia says:

Benjamin Joseph Steele (born May 27, 1978) is a former tight end in the National Football League who played for the Green Bay Packers. Steele played collegiate ball at Fort Lewis College and Mesa State College, and played professionally for 2 seasons in the NFL.

Career stats

Receptions 4

Receiving yards 42

Touchdowns 0

Professional teams

* San Francisco 49ers (2001-2002)*

* Oakland Raiders (2002)*

* Seattle Seahawks (2003)*

* Minnesota Vikings( 2003-2004)*

* Green Bay Packers (2004-2005)

* Houston Texans (2006-2007)*

*Offseason and/or practice squad member only

There's our new player/owner/chairman/manager defensive rock.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Steele

Not exactly households names heh!! Sorry not over excited about this at moment

Maybe not, but you gotta look who they have links too, with a League One club it's never going to be a big name, then again, if they have any links to Project Blue company then it's got links to Dubai.

Something tells me these guys are a couple of chancers

The number of potential buyers rises to 3, and we have no idea who the front runners are. It's been discussed in absolute secrecy

I reckon they have released their own names to the media, nothing to do with Mark Fry

Yeah, with the names being Ben Steele and Quinton Hubburd.....I can't find anything on these guys, not even their names to any property developments in the UK and Europe.

Me neither, I keep finding a rugby player, a northumbrian graduate in environmental issues and a bloke who makes BBC documentaries, and that's just the UK search. The international one has all sorts of randoms.

Then again property development is only usually newsworthy if it's illegitimate or unscrupulous, so that's not such a bad thing.

Oh well, beggars cant be choosers!

But how do you know they aren't just the front of a group and have serious wealthy backers behind them?

I know they wont cos this is Saints we are talking about, but you never know..

I'd be reluctant to make any half-baked judgement about the suitability of someone to potentially own and/or run a football club based on their name alone... though weirdly I seem to be in a minority.

If there is a 20% chance of being taken over by someone with deep pockets or 100% chance of us existing this time next week, I know what I'd rather have.

It's the latter, by the way

"Their batting has been strengthened by the arrival of 28-year-old Quinten Hubbard, who has joined the club after arriving in the island during the winter.

The ****gy-haired property developer has represented Hampshire at under-19 level and he is the husband of the island hockey development officer, Becky Hubbard.

‘We’ve lost a couple of people but gained a good cricketer in Quinten,’ said the captain.

‘He looks a solid middle-order batsman and a very useful orthodox off-spinner.’"

He's a youngster then...

If there is a 20% chance of being taken over by someone with deep pockets or 100% chance of us existing this time next week, I know what I'd rather have.

It's the latter, by the way

Exactly, however they must have enough money to ensure we're not back in this situation again next season.

"Their batting has been strengthened by the arrival of 28-year-old Quinten Hubbard, who has joined the club after arriving in the island during the winter.

The ****gy-haired property developer has represented Hampshire at under-19 level and he is the husband of the island hockey development officer, Becky Hubbard.

‘We’ve lost a couple of people but gained a good cricketer in Quinten,’ said the captain.

‘He looks a solid middle-order batsman and a very useful orthodox off-spinner.’"

He's a youngster then...

Just like that guy Spencer someone who tried to buy Aldershot. AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM!!!