An Invitation to Column writers

Baj

As many of you have hopefully spotted, the main http://www.saintsweb.co.uk website is now live.

As part of our balanced approach, we feel that it is important to offer our users the opportunity to provide content to the main website.

As such, we will be setting up a "The Soap Box" section. This will allow chosen full members from this forum the chance to air their views. "The Soap Box" will have a new post each Monday evening.

So what are the rules? Well it's quite straight forward, you must ensure that your article isn't libellous in any way, avoid silly name-calling etc and that, most of all, it's well written!

There are no guidelines in terms of your angle, we will not censor your views, as long as it remains within the confines of the rules of this forum and the guidelines above, in fact we look forward to vastly opposing opinions.

If you are writing for us, we expect the article to be provided by 9pm Sunday, so that we can place it on the saintsweb website Monday evening.

So how do you apply? Simply send an email to webmaster@saintsweb.co.uk ensuring the subject line is "The Soap Box Application". Do not bother writing an article until you have been assured of a place, article writers will be given at least a weeks notice that they have to write an article for the following Sunday deadline, this will ensure that what you write is as up-to-date as possible.

Thanks

Steve and Baj

I really would like to see something done to invite Keith Legg to contribute in the form of his Matchday reports and make available some of the magnificent material that used to be posted at Saintsforever. In my books Keith's contribution to this website is the one ingredient that is missing, that would spice things up.

I really would like to see something done to invite Keith Legg to contribute in the form of his Matchday reports and make available some of the magnificent material that used to be posted at Saintsforever. In my books Keith's contribution to this website is the one ingredient that is missing, that would spice things up.
I think that is a valid point.Without him I assume there would be no TSW

My votes for Keith every time and for some of our readers bring in Charles Sale of the

Mail for a reasoned, balanced non football based knowledge view(I would have put the wife forward but she knows a little more about football than Charlie and therefore it would not be a balanced view. To be honest she knows absolutely nothing about the game and would have to rely on others..bit like Charlie I suppose)

Bring back Keith a true journalist in the world of Saints.

It always amazed me how accurate keiths away match reports were considering he never went to any away games.:D

Keith did a grand job on the old website and always mirroed what the majority of fans were actually thinking/saying. Would be great to hear his views on current situation although i can imagine they would not be as positive as some of our community!

I know i might get a bit of flak for this one but maybe also get our supposed fans representive Nick Illingsworth to write. Think it is about time our "representive" was seen/heard amongst the community and seeing as this site houses the most Saints fans i find it criminal he is not contributing somehow.

This will never EVER happen.

Wordpress!

Bloody cheapskates.

I want my fiver back.

I'd like to call you a patronising ****, but I wont because that would be wrong. You'd rather we invested our own time into reproducing something wordpress does perfectly, dont be a **** (damn, i did)

Wordpress!

Bloody cheapskates.

I want my fiver back.

The only other alternatives are developing their own software or just using a blank web page with writing on.

F*ck off back to b-anter.

Back on topic, I used to do a blog on S4E (seems a decade ago now) but I don't particularly want to start doing it again. Please, please don't let Scooby do it - nothing against his views, but I honestly think he's just a troll.

Edited by Saint_clark

The only other alternatives are developing their own software or just using a blank web page with writing on.

F*ck off back to b-anter.

Back on topic, I used to do a blog on S4E (seems a decade ago now) but I don't particularly want to start doing it again. Please, please don't let Scooby do it - nothing against his views, but I honestly think he's just a troll.

No way! :o

Don't give a **** about Keet, but I'd love to see Scooby being given a regular column.

Love the double entendre!

Personally I'd like to volunteer Trousers. I think he could write an excellent Trousers' Takeover Talk column. It would feature his own tire[some]less brand of investigative journalism where he could interview ITK posters and speak to the people at the centre of the stories to get to the facts so he can ignore them.

In his rabid search for the truth, he could use the SaintsWeb subscriptions to travel all over the world to cut through hype and ignore denials.

He could visit Paul Allen on his yacht to find out what stopped the deal going through at the eleventh hour.

He could talk to the bloke who had the video conferencing business in Guildford and ask him what scuppered the deal with the Arabs.

He could explore the rumour that Jonathan Fulthorpe is in fact not a barrister but instead a barista who works in Costa Coffee in Eastleigh.

He could travel to north Basingstoke to ask Barry just what was in the briefcase.

He could visit Alan Shearer's northern mansion and explain to him how each Newcastle denial he issues leads him inexorably closer to the St. Marys' hot seat.

He could create the world's largest library of photofit ear pictures and compare them with the ears of every Director's box attendee to answer the question "Are you David Dein?"

And once a year on March 1st, we could celebrate St. David's day by asking what would it take for Lowe to sell up? As a Life Long Saint, I think he deserves this once in a life time opportunity to become the single biggest user of Google images. You know this makes sense.

What? He already does these things? Oh...:p

it seems that you have forgotten those excellent articles written by oz. what enlightenment he brought to you 'young uns' when he recalled days gone by! sigh, those were the days.

however i will only return if i am wanted, so there!

Love the double entendre!

Personally I'd like to volunteer Trousers. I think he could write an excellent Trousers' Takeover Talk column. It would feature his own tire[some]less brand of investigative journalism where he could interview ITK posters and speak to the people at the centre of the stories to get to the facts so he can ignore them.

In his rabid search for the truth, he could use the SaintsWeb subscriptions to travel all over the world to cut through hype and ignore denials.

He could visit Paul Allen on his yacht to find out what stopped the deal going through at the eleventh hour.

He could talk to the bloke who had the video conferencing business in Guildford and ask him what scuppered the deal with the Arabs.

He could explore the rumour that Jonathan Fulthorpe is in fact not a barrister but instead a barista who works in Costa Coffee in Eastleigh.

He could travel to north Basingstoke to ask Barry just what was in the briefcase.

He could visit Alan Shearer's northern mansion and explain to him how each Newcastle denial he issues leads him inexorably closer to the St. Marys' hot seat.

He could create the world's largest library of photofit ear pictures and compare them with the ears of every Director's box attendee to answer the question "Are you David Dein?"

And once a year on March 1st, we could celebrate St. David's day by asking what would it take for Lowe to sell up? As a Life Long Saint, I think he deserves this once in a life time opportunity to become the single biggest user of Google images. You know this makes sense.

What? He already does these things? Oh...:p

A good bit of satire, very clever. I can help on the contents of Barry's briefcase though. He keeps his lunch sandwiches in there. ;)

Will it be about train journies back from away games?!

I couldn't stretch vomitting and sleeping for very long.

I think it's a fair deal for the site owners, after all, I do that sort of stuff for a living and have a certificate in sports writing.

I await an email from the powers that be.......