Demonstration for Swansea game- Time and place!!

scott_saints

Are you attending the March  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the March

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

** Please be aware that this demonstration is not being approved or promoted by SaintsWeb Ltd in any way and this thread is only being made a sticky by popular demand. We would like to remind people that the contents of the forum do not necessarily represent the views of SaintsWeb Ltd or their directors and administrative team **

If people are wishing to take part in the demonstration at the Swansea game, then people will be meeting at:

1:15pm

at

Bargate Castle.

Rough route-

DOWN PAST HANOVER BUILDINGS, DIAGONAL THROUGH HOGLANDS PARK, NORTHBOUND KINGS WAY, RIGHT INTO OLD NORTHAM ROAD, PAST THE KING ALFRED, OVER IRON BRIDGE AND THEN DOWN BRITANNIA ROAD TO FINISH AT ITCHEN STAND! WE WILL HAVE 2 POLICE MOTOCYCLES WITH US ON THE MARCH PLUS ABOUT 6 OR 8 ON FOOT.

Connor, the organiser of the protest can't seem to access the site (he hasn't been blocked!!) so any further questions regarding the demonstration, email:

connor_bowers@hotmail.co.uk

Edited by scott_saints

I'm sorry but we're not able to make any posts stickies on this issue (whatever our personal feelings!). As an independant forum we need to maintain an unbiased view on political issues within the club as I'm sure you all appreciate. If you wish to ensure this subject has maximum visibility you'll have to keep bumping it I'm afraid.

I'm sorry but we're not able to make any posts stickies on this issue (whatever our personal feelings!). As an independant forum we need to maintain an unbiased view on political issues within the club as I'm sure you all appreciate. If you wish to ensure this subject has maximum visibility you'll have to keep bumping it I'm afraid.

Oh c'mon. It's merely informing people that "if they want to" (and you can even include that in the thread to be politically correct!) then the information is there.

If a shop allows adverts in their window it doesn't mean they are "associated" with what's there!

:smt108

Ridiculous.

No-one is committing libel, and no-one is planning anything illegal.

I dont understand this. This is about saving the club, FFS.

I thought this site was run by Saints fans for Saints fans......

Scotty, I cant be there, but happy to help keep bumping it for you.

:smt108

Ridiculous.

No-one is committing libel, and no-one is planning anything illegal.

I dont understand this. This is about saving the club, FFS.

I thought this site was run by Saints fans for Saints fans......

Scotty, I cant be there, but happy to help keep bumping it for you.

No Alpine. It's not even slightly ridiculous. We have to remain unbiased otherwise we get the usual cyber-warriors claiming we have a Pro/Anti* Lowe agenda.

Surely you're intelligent enough to appreciate that. It's not really rocket science.

Oh and by the way, I'm surprised you can't make it seeing as you feel so strongly about it.

* Delete as appropriate

I really think the time has come that The Trust and this Forum do something to save our club, I can understand that you say you have to be independant, but we are running out of time without the club we would not need this forum. I am afraid chaps it is really time for action before we no longer have a club, Trust or Forum ! It is back to the Branfoot days, but that was to get rid of a manager, this is far more important then that, this is to save our CLUB, GET OFF THE FENCE AND START ACTION before its too late !

I really think the time has come that The Trust and this Forum do something to save our club, I can understand that you say you have to be independant, but we are running out of time without the club we would not need this forum. I am afraid chaps it is really time for action before we no longer have a club, Trust or Forum ! It is back to the Branfoot days, but that was to get rid of a manager, this is far more important then that, this is to save our CLUB, GET OFF THE FENCE AND START ACTION before its too late !

B*ll*cks. A forum is somewhere for people to debate their opinions etc. It is not a supporters club or fans group. Even worse, a lot of people now pay to post, and I did not pay money for "the forum" to start waving it's name around as a supporters club and claiming it represents me.

No Alpine. It's not even slightly ridiculous. We have to remain unbiased otherwise we get the usual cyber-warriors claiming we have a Pro/Anti* Lowe agenda.

Surely you're intelligent enough to appreciate that. It's not really rocket science.

Oh and by the way, I'm surprised you can't make it seeing as you feel so strongly about it.

* Delete as appropriate

What a load of boIIocks!!!

This is a Saints fans forum, for Saints fans.

I would expect the forum to represent the majority of opinion of Saints fans, and what they think is the best way forward for the club.

Oh, are you suggesting 'A Letter to Wilde' is not political, because it sure as hell is a sticky ;)

B*ll*cks. A forum is somewhere for people to debate their opinions etc. It is not a supporters club or fans group. Even worse, a lot of people now pay to post, and I did not pay money for "the forum" to start waving it's name around as a supporters club and claiming it represents me.

I think that probably sums it up really. This is supposed to be an unbiased place for people to discuss the club, as Bungle says.

The admin's all have their own *strong* personal feelings on what is happening to the club but we cannot be seen to use the forums name as a tool to vent these opinions.

I think that probably sums it up really. This is supposed to be an unbiased place for people to discuss the club, as Bungle says.

The admin's all have their own *strong* personal feelings on what is happening to the club but we cannot be seen to use the forums name as a tool to vent these opinions.

Except it seems if it is against RL, as otherwise it would be a 'sticky'....

time to be independant has gone ffs

What a load of boIIocks!!!

This is a Saints fans forum, for Saints fans.

I would expect the forum to represent the majority of opinion of Saints fans, and what they think is the best way forward for the club.

Oh, are you suggesting 'A Letter to Wilde' is not political, because it sure as hell is a sticky ;)

The letter to Wilde was put up after a lot of pressure from other posters and with a disclaimer attached. We really weren't sure whether to put it up but we voted and up it went.

The thing is you almost seem to be claiming that we don't care about what is happening to the club but if you personally know any of the admin team on this forum, you'll know you couldn't be further from the truth.

The letter to Wilde was put up after a lot of pressure from other posters and with a disclaimer attached. We really weren't sure whether to put it up but we voted and up it went.

The thing is you almost seem to be claiming that we don't care about what is happening to the club but if you personally know any of the admin team on this forum, you'll know you couldn't be further from the truth.

Then let the forum represent the majority of fans, and not be concerned whether or not it might be slightly controversial.....

is this protest "THE" protest...is it/has it been in the echo or anything..?

It's not official but probably has the most coverage. There are getting on for 1300 members on Facebook now but obviously people who are not on FB need to be made aware.

Local news may run with it if the Police clear it.

bungle, unless action is taken you will have wasted your £5 as we will not need this Forum as we will not have a club, I wish you knew how close we are to going out of business !!

The Forum does not have to say it represents you or is a supporters club, but as a fans Forum could post information, then its up too you to attend or not. we have to save our club bungle

'Controversy' has single-handedly killed previous incarnations of this site.

Some would say that's a price 'we' should be willing to pay for democracy rather than something bordering on totalitarianism.

I personally wouldn't suggest that of course, but some might...;)

The Forum does not have to say it represents you or is a supporters club, but as a fans Forum could post information, then its up too you to attend or not. we have to save our club bungle

Exactly my point. Here, I'll even do a message that they could add to a thread regarding the demonstration.....

"The Saints Web Forum in no way, promotes the demonstration or associates itself with the running of the demonstration. The information is merely for those who wish to turn up"

;)

bungle, unless action is taken you will have wasted your £5 as we will not need this Forum as we will not have a club, I wish you knew how close we are to going out of business !!

I am more than happy not to bother with protesting. Cheers.

I am more than happy not to bother with protesting. Cheers.

That is your choice Bungle.

You can make your feelings known about Saints plight in your own way. My choice, and it seems that over 1300 have already declared, is to publicly demonstrate against the current regime.

I know that 'alternatives?' will be the next post on here, but frankly, that isn't the most important issue right now.

Lowe (AND WILDE!!!) had the opportunity to do something about this situation and chose to keep Poortvliet.

They have to deal with the consequences of that decision.

Too many people in the Portsmouth network on there for my liking.... ;)

There isn't a Southampton network, despite requests for one that go back several years. People in this area automatically get dumped in the Portsmouth network. You can remove yourself from it, if you can be bothered. I did.

If I can get the nipper to come, we'll be at the protest, but...

using terms like "democracy" and "majority" doesn't actually wash in an argument that also invokes morality. Majorities are not always right, morally or even logically. Nuf said.

There isn't a Southampton network, despite requests for one that go back several years. People in this area automatically get dumped in the Portsmouth network. You can remove yourself from it, if you can be bothered. I did.

Aye (sorry, was being somewhat rhetorical in my post about it....just for once..!). I'm signed up to the Federated States of Micronesia network. aka "anything but Portsmouth" network...:)

That is your choice Bungle.

You can make your feelings known about Saints plight in your own way. My choice, and it seems that over 1300 have already declared, is to publicly demonstrate against the current regime.

I know that 'alternatives?' will be the next post on here, but frankly, that isn't the most important issue right now.

Lowe (AND WILDE!!!) had the opportunity to do something about this situation and chose to keep Poortvliet.

They have to deal with the consequences of that decision.

It is important though isn't it? The alternative has to be better than what we have at the moment otherwise it would be a bit pointless replcing them.

If people are wishing to take part in the demonstration at the Swansea game, then people will be meeting at:

at

Bargate Castle.

(Sticky please mods? It's handy to have "official" confirmation on here for those who don't have facebook/haven't joined the group)

You're going to made to look very stupid.You will get (I'm being generous ) a couple of hundred max.Most of them if the "demo" outside St marys last time is anything to go by will be pikeys hoping to get on television.

aye (sorry, was being somewhat rhetorical in my post about it....just for once..!). I'm signed up to the federated states of micronesia network. Aka "anything but portsmouth" network...:)

ha ha ha - would be a string of grins but flipping smiley things won't work!

Edited by SoccerMom
non-functional smiley things

got this merssage on facebook:

Subject: time and place

bargate castle

ok with you lot? get back to me if you are serious about coming, then il have rough idear of numbers. still waiting to hear back from police about the situationf of it going ahead. but it all looks good atm. one of the other admins has contacted south today and they ae willing to cover it if given the green light by police. il keep you all posted! so get back to me if you no you are coming

May show up.

Having had a discussion with the admin team we will put this up as a sticky as there seems to be a lot of people that would prefer we did. In the interests of forum democracy I will make it a sticky. Please be aware though that this demonstration is not being approved or promoted by SaintsWeb Ltd in any way and is only being made a sticky by popular demand.

To be fair, controversy didn't 'kill' previous versions of this site, the site owners / admin got into bed with various people at the club, thus 'taking sides'...

Besides, didn't the forum 'evolve' each time?

Exactly. Evolving is all about learning from previous mistakes isn't it?

Anyway, democracy has won and the thread is now a sticky so you can be happy again!

For what it's worth I'll be there.

Having had a discussion with the admin team we will put this up as a sticky as there seems to be a lot of people that would prefer we did. In the interests of forum democracy I will make it a sticky. Please be aware though that this demonstration is not being approved or promoted by SaintsWeb Ltd in any way and is only being made a sticky by popular demand.

Fair enough.

My compliements to the admin team.

Didnt appreciate the low blow from you though........

You're going to made to look very stupid.You will get (I'm being generous ) a couple of hundred max.Most of them if the "demo" outside St marys last time is anything to go by will be pikeys hoping to get on television.

They will probably only get a couple of hundred, but they won't make themselves look stupid. For them to look stupid there needs to be people like you to laugh at them and Lowe Luvvies are an endangered species.

What this small protest will achieve is to set the agenda. The main event will be after the game if we lose it. Should we lose to Swansea it's gonna be a massive protest and you know it.