Demonstration for Swansea game- Time and place!!

scott_saints

Are you attending the March  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the March

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Judging by the posts so far this march could be either embarrassing in its 'complexed' organisation or attract negative publicity with the coffin idea. 'Yer' organisers can't even seem to confirm a route accept a rough one but presumably they will have to contact the police before they are even allowed to leave the Bargate but at least they would get their message over to the bargain hunters in Primark.

Mike suggests stopping on route for a few beers on route which may be a good idea. Mike, the way this is being organised I think they'll be bringing the brewery with them but you've no chance of having a good drink.

I suspect half of the turn out won't even know the real issues you are protesting about and knowing the TV people they will pick on one those 'in it for a laugh' types for their reasons for demonstrating, their answers will be the usual uneductaed twoddle and all Saints fans (anti and pro Lowe) will get tarred with the same brush.

Like Dragonov suggests there has to be better ways than this and I would be just a bit worried you follow a leader who can't understand a few basic principles to allow him to register with this forum. Into the valley rode the 600.........

BTW mods just under 100 posts hardly merits a sticky or popular demand.

I have my suspicions

BTW it's spelt except

My impression was that it was a protest against Lowe. We want Lowe out ( and IMO Leon in at least in the interim) then hopefully the rest will follow in due course :)

Oh joy, and then how long before we have a demo for Crouch out and Dodd out after Crouch sells us the line the latter is by far the best candidate for the managers job having listened presumably to his football guru McMenemy.

Stranger things have happened we might even see the return of Trant and Corbett to help plot our path to enlightenment and untold success

Seriously, if we want Lowe out then interim solutions will be the nail in our final coffin no matter how 'complexed' that idea is. The anti-Lowe lobbyists need to have a credible candidate in place to take charge and IMO none of the above need apply.

Like Dragonov suggests there has to be better ways than this

How would you protest?

You seem an intelligent chap, so feel free to let us know what would make the most effective protest and if that's good then maybe the organisers of this one could incorporate it a week Saturday.

2,000 views in under 12 hours means it's certainly hit the spot with some.

How would you protest?

You seem an intelligent chap, so feel free to let us know what would make the most effective protest and if that's good then maybe the organisers of this one could incorporate it a week Saturday.

2,000 views in under 12 hours means it's certainly hit the spot with some.

Indeed...seems to me that SaintMarc is back....

Oh joy, and then how long before we have a demo for Crouch out and Dodd out after Crouch sells us the line the latter is by far the best candidate for the managers job having listened presumably to his football guru McMenemy.

Stranger things have happened we might even see the return of Trant and Corbett to help plot our path to enlightenment and untold success

Seriously, if we want Lowe out then interim solutions will be the nail in our final coffin no matter how 'complexed' that idea is. The anti-Lowe lobbyists need to have a credible candidate in place to take charge and IMO none of the above need apply.

Welcome to the forum

Secondly i would rather have real Southampton people running the club like the Corbetts,Crouch or McMenemy then your obvious employer Lowe. At least under them we were not in as dire situation we are now. With Lowe at the helm we will have someone new in charge next season simply because were be relegated then into admin. Think that will be the nail in the coffin you talk of. But hey you try it your way and do the "lets wait and see" approach. Your group screwed up, no if's no buts, no maybes, they have brought this club to its knees. Time for them to go. I would rather i was in charge then Lowe. Hell i bet i could probably run it better too, even Scooby could run it better!

I am normally not keen on premeditated demos, preferring the instantaneous ones which imo carry more passion and feeling, however I sense this one will have the neccesary emotion and gravitas which is needed to convince onlookers and media of the depth of feeling.

Due to wife working/childcare reasons I was not going to go to the Swansea match but I am now going to make the effort to be there to show that I care about the club and can devote just a very small part of my life to make a statement. If everyone can just make a small effort by turning up it will show the world at large that this club still means something to the inhabitants/supporters of Southampton.

Yes not everyone there will want Crouch back, I understand that, but it is time there is a large massive message sent that the fans are not happy with the current leadership/direction. Most people in public life sooner or later have to listen to public opinion and act accordingly. Rupert Lowe is a rare breed as he does not fit into that category. This demostration for me is an attempt to finally convince him that he simply HAS to listen. The more fair-minded, reasonable and non-violent fans that turn out that day will aid the cause.

We are often accused of being cyber warriors on this forum and there is a lot of rhetoric and hot air flying around. I appeal to every fan on here to put all the bickering behind us and make the effort to turn up to show firstly we all care and secondly to ask for a change of direction before it is too late.

Hope to see you all there - anyone gonna bring a portable bbq?

I am normally not keen on premeditated demos, preferring the instantaneous ones which imo carry more passion and feeling, however I sense this one will have the neccesary emotion and gravitas which is needed to convince onlookers and media of the depth of feeling.

Due to wife working/childcare reasons I was not going to go to the Swansea match but I am now going to make the effort to be there to show that I care about the club and can devote just a very small part of my life to make a statement. If everyone can just make a small effort by turning up it will show the world at large that this club still means something to the inhabitants/supporters of Southampton.

Yes not everyone there will want Crouch back, I understand that, but it is time there is a large massive message sent that the fans are not happy with the current leadership/direction. Most people in public life sooner or later have to listen to public opinion and act accordingly. Rupert Lowe is a rare breed as he does not fit into that category. This demostration for me is an attempt to finally convince him that he simply HAS to listen. The more fair-minded, reasonable and non-violent fans that turn out that day will aid the cause.

We are often accused of being cyber warriors on this forum and there is a lot of rhetoric and hot air flying around. I appeal to every fan on here to put all the bickering behind us and make the effort to turn up to show firstly we all care and secondly to ask for a change of direction before it is too late.

I could not have put it better myself.

Judging by the posts so far this march could be either embarrassing in its 'complexed' organisation or attract negative publicity with the coffin idea. 'Yer' organisers can't even seem to confirm a route accept a rough one but presumably they will have to contact the police before they are even allowed to leave the Bargate but at least they would get their message over to the bargain hunters in Primark.

Mike suggests stopping on route for a few beers on route which may be a good idea. Mike, the way this is being organised I think they'll be bringing the brewery with them but you've no chance of having a good drink.

I suspect half of the turn out won't even know the real issues you are protesting about and knowing the TV people they will pick on one those 'in it for a laugh' types for their reasons for demonstrating, their answers will be the usual uneductaed twoddle and all Saints fans (anti and pro Lowe) will get tarred with the same brush.

Like Dragonov suggests there has to be better ways than this and I would be just a bit worried you follow a leader who can't understand a few basic principles to allow him to register with this forum. Into the valley rode the 600.........

Get a life Rupert.

;)

Indeed...seems to me that SaintMarc is back....

Nah, Canteen's posting style is much more akin to somebody else entirely. Let's see now - criticism of others' mistakes in English, while perpetrating plenty of his own; disparagement of those whose views he dislikes; pompous tone; support for Lowe masquerading as realism; refusal to stump up a fiver to give us more exposure to his erudite and enlightened thoughts...

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Sundance Beast (formerly known as Flashman at the Charge and some other alias that I've forgotten).

Yeah, I could be wrong...

Nah, Canteen's posting style is much more akin to somebody else entirely. Let's see now - criticism of others' mistakes in English, while perpetrating plenty of his own; disparagement of those whose views he dislikes; pompous tone; support for Lowe masquerading as realism; refusal to stump up a fiver to give us more exposure to his erudite and enlightened thoughts...

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Sundance Beast (formerly known as Flashman at the Charge and some other alias that I've forgotten).

Yeah, I could be wrong...

Nineteen Canteen is the new name for Sundance Beast. Sundance Beast was the new name for Flashman at the Charge. Flashman at the Charge was the new name for the The Third Bear. He changes his name every year - Rupert tells him to. Either that or it is some form of tax dodge!!

He still cannot afford a fiver ... and he still has the same opinions. He supports Lowe - we support Southampton football Club. I don't think that he has cottoned onto that subtle difference yet. But he will one day.

I wonder if Nineteen Canteen knows about Justin Fashanu??

Nineteen Canteen is the new name for Sundance Beast. Sundance Beast was the new name for Flashman at the Charge. Flashman at the Charge was the new name for the The Third Bear. He changes his name every year - Rupert tells him to. Either that or it is some form of tax dodge!!

He still cannot afford a fiver ... and he still has the same opinions. He supports Lowe - we support Southampton football Club. I don't think that he has cottoned onto that subtle difference yet. But he will one day.

I wonder if Nineteen Canteen knows about Justin Fashanu??

Try as he might, he just can't change that posting style, can he? Thanks for the reminder about The Third Bear - couldn't remember it. Come to that, I don't recall him raising hackles under that alias either, so maybe he was just finding his voice. ;) But I really don't think he's prompted by Lowe - why would Rupert need anybody else to embarrass him, when he does it so well himself?

good post - like you Fitzhugh I appeal to all Saints fans to make the effort - this could be a massive event and will show how much we care - this is an event for all those who are concerned about the current state of affairs to attend

tell all Saints fans - spread the word - this is a great opportunity for all fans to unite - to fans who haven"t been going for a while - come along and make your statement

from 1315 hrs forget the pub (plenty of time before and after the game) - this is about the very future OUR club

Saturday 31st January - THE MARCH FOR CHANGE

PLEASE BE THERE IF YOU CAN

Yes i will be there because at least someone has tried to do something about Lowe,no matter how fultile it may seem.

I doubt Lowe will even know about the march or even care,but short of throwing my ST in his face,this is the next best thing to allow me to show my feelings.

Theres always a good chance of a demo outside the game afterwards as well!

As I have mentioned on previous posts I am a pensioner. Before paying my fiver i was often ridiculed for my opinions. As a father 3rd time round and with 4 yound kids i am only able to see a game approx 1 a month. Normally I get to watch about 6 games per season.

I wasn't going to see this game and probably won't thru lack of funds. However I am prepared to go from Salisbury to Southampton just for the Demo. I will be bringing my 5 year old boy and possibly 18yo daughter. I feel that the more families there are in attendance the more the impact there will be. Plus there will possibly be less aggro if a lot of youngsters are involved. After all the kids are the clubs future. If the club has one that is.

As I have mentioned on previous posts I am a pensioner. Before paying my fiver i was often ridiculed for my opinions. As a father 3rd time round and with 4 yound kids i am only able to see a game approx 1 a month. Normally I get to watch about 6 games per season.

I wasn't going to see this game and probably won't thru lack of funds. However I am prepared to go from Salisbury to Southampton just for the Demo. I will be bringing my 5 year old boy and possibly 18yo daughter. I feel that the more families there are in attendance the more the impact there will be. Plus there will possibly be less aggro if a lot of youngsters are involved. After all the kids are the clubs future. If the club has one that is.

That is fantastic we need more people like you who are willing to do what they can to help and yes your right the more families that can come the better.

So, you think this is an embarrassment? Well, on Saturday I will be driving in my car, in the sun and the rain, down to Southampton. My girl's mad at me for going but, hey, it must be love for the club I support.

I say "Shut up". This is our house and I don't want any more grey days. We need to take one step beyond otherwise tomorrow's just another day.

Our hopes are on the wings of a dove and we can no longer rely on Uncle Sam coming to our rescue.

So baggy Trousers will be there to help get rid of yesterday's men.

COYR!

;)

eusa_clap.gif

With all due respect, this idea sucks ass ( for want of a better expression )

I will tell you what is going to happen... the papers, the media et al will all be there, ready to snap away at this huge 'protest' .....

.... the reality is that at the most, a hundred people will turn up.... these will be made up of kids, probably an average age of 13.... who will be more interested in singing stupid songs and getting their mugs on TV and in the paper than actually protesting about Lowe.

Basically we will look a laughing stock, Lowe will be sitting in his Scottish hotel having a good old chuckle at the scenes.

Prove me wrong, but I am sure this is how it will end up.

The best protests are the spontaneous ones, during and after the game. You certainly won't be getting me out of the pub at 1pm, missing the best part of a matchday, and that will be the same for the vast majority.

The last time we were united was on the last game of last season when Crouch was in charge. There would be no such marches against him, of that I am sure. Crouch choose Pearson for manager who is a far far better choice than Lowe's

I will tell you what is going to happen... the papers, the media et al will all be there, ready to snap away at this huge 'protest' .....

.... the reality is that at the most, a hundred people will turn up.... these will be made up of kids, probably an average age of 13.... who will be more interested in singing stupid songs and getting their mugs on TV and in the paper than actually protesting about Lowe.

Basically we will look a laughing stock, Lowe will be sitting in his Scottish hotel having a good old chuckle at the scenes.

The best protests are the spontaneous ones, during and after the game. You certainly won't be getting me out of the pub at 1pm, missing the best part of a matchday, and that will be the same for the vast majority.

Perhaps you could suggest something better then ?

As long as it fits around the pre-match pint or three of course !!

The point is something is happening. There are groups set up all over with something like 1500 on the facebook one. This board represents but a tiny % of the fan base. Through word of mouth it is getting around the city and surrounding area. On the actual day you won't have tens of thousands joining the march, that will come later if things get worse. But for a starting demo to get anywhere near a few hundred protesters that is pretty good going. When the march actually gets to the stadium i have no doubt that a lot of people from the street who see it going by will join in, then combine with the fans at the stadium who i'm 99% certain a vast amount will be willing to join. For just 1 day of being planned to have as many people know about it as they already do is pretty amazing. That is the instant age we live in.

So, you think this is an embarrassment? Well, on Saturday I will be driving in my car, in the sun and the rain, down to Southampton. My girl's mad at me for going but, hey, it must be love for the club I support.

I say "Shut up". This is our house and I don't want any more grey days. We need to take one step beyond otherwise tomorrow's just another day.

Our hopes are on the wings of a dove and we can no longer rely on Uncle Sam coming to our rescue.

So baggy Trousers will be there to help get rid of yesterday's men.

COYR!

;)

Sorry Trouers but I think you picked the wrong song. If you're on this march then to every true Saints SUPPORTER you an.....(Btw - you won't be on this demo anymore than me - best leave it to the 20 who have committed by voting YES!)

Received a letter just the other day,

Don't seem they wanna know you no more,

They've laid it down given you their score,

Within the first two lines it bluntly read.

You're not to come and see us no more,

Keep away from our door,

Don't come 'round here no more

What on earth did you do that for?

Our aunt, she don't wanna know she says,

What will the neighbours think they'll think,

We don't that's what they'll think, we don't,

But I will, 'cause I know they think I don't.

Our uncle he don't wanna know he says,

We are a disgrace to the human race he says,

How can you show your face,

When you're a disgrace to the human race?

No committment, you're an embarrassment,

Yes, an embarrassment, a living endorsement,

The intention that you have booked,

Was an intention that was overlooked.

They say, stay away,

Don't want you home today,

Keep away from our door,

Don't come 'round here no more.

Our dad, he don't wanna know he says,

This is a serious matter,

Too late to reconsider,

No one's gonna wanna know ya !

Our mum, she don't wanna know,

I'm feelin' twice as old, she says,

Thought she had a head on her shoulder,

'Cause I'm feelin' twice as older,

I'm feelin' twice as older.

You're an embarrassment...

COYRs!

So please tell us what you intend to do about the current situation, all you ever seem to do is criticize other people and what they are trying to do !!

Did anyone have a go at you about giving Doddy that award !!

I like my pre-match drink as well, but at the moment that has to come second to making our feelings known and for once perhaps you could give something your support !!

Sorry Trouers but I think you picked the wrong song. If you're on this march then to every true Saints SUPPORTER you an.....(Btw - you won't be on this demo anymore than me - best leave it to the 20 who have committed by voting YES!)

Keep away from our door,

They say, stay away,

Keep away from our door,

Too late to reconsider,

COYRs!

They say that bed time reading is good for helping you sleep....boy you are a best seller!!

Keep away from our door,

They say, stay away,

Keep away from our door,

Too late to reconsider,

COYRs!

If anyone is wondering what he is on about it is a song by Madness called "Embarrassment".

I think your find your the embarrassment Sundance, and your not a Saints supporter, because if you were you would understand why people think the way they are currently thinking.

So here is a song just for you to sing to Lowe

There is freedom within, there is freedom without

Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup

Theres a battle ahead, many battles are lost

But youll never see the end of the road

While youre travelling with me

Hey now, hey now

Dont dream its over

Hey now, hey now

When the world comes in

They come, they come

To build a wall between us

We know they wont win

If anyone is wondering what he is on about it is a song by Madness called "Embarrassment".

I think your find your the embarrassment Sundance, and your not a Saints supporter, because if you were you would understand why people think the way they are currently thinking.

So here is a song just for you to sing to Lowe

There is freedom within, there is freedom without

Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup

Theres a battle ahead, many battles are lost

But youll never see the end of the road

While youre travelling with me

Hey now, hey now

Dont dream its over

Hey now, hey now

When the world comes in

They come, they come

To build a wall between us

We know they wont win

You've ruined my evening of cat and mouse by giving the game away early!!!

Someone much wiser than me once said somrthing along the lines of :-

"For evil to succeed all it takes is for good men to do nothing" ...

At this time in the clubs history it is important that good men stand up and be counted. To all who think that protesting is a waste of time ... is your club not important enough to you for you to fight for it. It doesn't matter the age of someone who protests. Hasn't a 13 yr old, StuRomSai, as much passion for The Saints as a 50 yr old.

If there is a 1/10000 chance of the march having an effect in the ousting of Lowe isn't it worth joining a few others and walk a different way together to the ground.

I will be attending but only out of idle curiosity, I really doubt there will be a big turnout. Saying there are over 1000 people on the facebook group means nothing, people join groups they are invited to join by their friends, doesn't mean they will bother turning up.

Keep away from our door,

They say, stay away,

Keep away from our door,

Too late to reconsider,

COYRs!

Mr McPherson would be proud :)

So please tell us what you intend to do about the current situation, all you ever seem to do is criticize other people and what they are trying to do !!

Did anyone have a go at you about giving Doddy that award !!

I like my pre-match drink as well, but at the moment that has to come second to making our feelings known and for once perhaps you could give something your support !!

Fossy, I am not knocking the people for trying, fair play to them.... I am simply predicting what will happen.

If I am proved wrong and there is 1000+ people marching to the stadium then fair play.... I just predict it won't be.....

If people are going to turn up and make it a decent protest then fair play... I am simply exercising my right not to forfit my pre-match pints. If I feel the need to protest, it will be done during and after the game.

Has anyone involved in this let ITV know so they can get some footage for "The Championship"?

Good idea. Sent them an explanation of what was going on with a link to this thread and to the Facebook page.

Hope they take it more seriously than some of the people on here....

I can't believe the apathetic nature of some people on here (or maybe I can). As someone has already mentioned, all it takes for evil to succeed is for men to do nothing. With the attitude of "It won't make any difference" how the hell are you supposed to succeed in ANYTHING?!

It is ridculous to compare Lowe and Wilde to the Nazis, but thank god some of the posters on here were not in charge of Britain when the Germans appeared on the horizon: "They've invaded France, there is nothing we can do about them invading here within the next few months, never mind...where is the nearest pub?"

Also I'll be intrigued to know if those sceptics (sp?) will eat humble pie if they are proved wrong? At least some of us are doing something.

They will probably only get a couple of hundred, but they won't make themselves look stupid. For them to look stupid there needs to be people like you to laugh at them and Lowe Luvvies are an endangered species.

What this small protest will achieve is to set the agenda. The main event will be after the game if we lose it. Should we lose to Swansea it's gonna be a massive protest and you know it.

spot on

Hello Somedunce, are you enjoying your holiday?

Nice one - hope you "shame" a few others to make the effort