Demonstration for Swansea game- Time and place!!

scott_saints

Are you attending the March  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the March

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

This is the 'highlights' of a brief message I sent to everyone who has joined this group.

Connor is now in charge of this group, and all correspondance should go to him. (I believe his email is listed at the start of this thread). Cheers.

To cut a long story short: On Friday January 23rd, I recieved an e-mail from the GTC (The General Teaching Council for England) regarding this protest. I was told that the national coverage this group, and therefore I, had recieved via Sky Sports News was in danger of potentially threatening my career as a teacher. Their reasons for this being that parents may consider these actions I am taking to be unprofessional and therefore potentially harmful to the education their children would recieve. After speaking with my Head of Department and the Headteacher, I have decided to step down as 'creator' of this group and I am withdrawing from any admin/officer role.

Connor, who is doing a fantastic job, will now be in charge of this protest and any requests etc should go to him.

As far as i'm aware they cannot do anything if you join in on a demonstration. Reason i think this is because teachers strike and protest when they want a pay rise. Therefore if it was against their rules surely anyone who protested for a pay rise would be removed?

A demonstration against the runnings of something so important to the community as our football club i doubt would mean you get removed. If you went there with intentions of violence then sure. But it is a local thing, i know a doctor will be joining the march and somehow i doubt they would remove her because of it.

SHAMEFUL! I thought (wrongly, it seems) that we still had F of S in this country. To my mind, what you do in your OWN time is ****all to do with the GTC. You can bet that they would not have sent that email if you were ...................................., I better not write that!

Email them back and write "Kiss my ar*e!"

I bet you wish that you could write that to the morons!

Norm

I couldn't agree more.

Freedom of speech is one thing - a what if on a peaceful protest is something else.

But being the teaching council - if it had been a CND rally it probably would have been OK!

As far as i'm aware they cannot do anything if you join in on a demonstration. Reason i think this is because teachers strike and protest when they want a pay rise. Therefore if it was against their rules surely anyone who protested for a pay rise would be removed?

A demonstration against the runnings of something so important to the community as our football club i doubt would mean you get removed. If you went there with intentions of violence then sure. But it is a local thing, i know a doctor will be joining the march and somehow i doubt they would remove her because of it.

I'm allowed to take part in the march, they just 'advised' me that I should no longer be 'in charge'.

Unfortunately protests etc will have no effect, and boycotts will only bring on administration and I assure you you do not want to go down that route. Regretably the only course of action is to stay with RL for the moment as he does appear to be stabilising the financial situation (bank lending reduced by £2 million in 2 months) all we can do is to support our team. COYR

The only job in SFC that Lowe has any competence is financial. He's a bloody banker FFS, he has no training/background in running anything to do with people, except the years he financially manipulated the football club and alienated most of the population of Hampshire with the exception of Portsmouth.

SHAMEFUL! I thought (wrongly, it seems) that we still had F of S in this country. To my mind, what you do in your OWN time is ****all to do with the GTC. You can bet that they would not have sent that email if you were ...................................., I better not write that!

Email them back and write "Kiss my ar*e!"

I bet you wish that you could write that to the morons!

Yes, I agree. If he taught my kids and was protesting in favour of legalising heroin / death penalty for homosexuality / capital punishment for sadomasochism, I wouldn't complain. He has the right to protest about what he likes.

I know it is a world away from those issues, but where do you draw the line?

I have edited my comments in order to absolve myself from any slander/libel. Although an e-mail was recieved, I am becoming increasingly sceptical that it may have been a hoax. After a fellow teacher on here brought certain facts/points to my attention, I have a feeling that it may have been someone on a wind-up. As the email did not end with gtce.org.uk I should have guessed, but in a panic was not thinking rationally. Nevertheless, colleagues did advise me and so I'm still going to stand by my actions.

Edited by Thorpe-le-Saint

If Saints are being soundly beaten I think a pitch invasion is in order (during the game), that would cause chaos and get the national spotlight we need to enforce the neccessary changes.

It won't happen. If anyone does run on they won't be joined en masse because many won't go on until they think enough are on so as they don't get caught and banned. It's a bit of a catch 22.

Unfortunately protests etc will have no effect, and boycotts will only bring on administration and I assure you you do not want to go down that route. Regretably the only course of action is to stay with RL for the moment as he does appear to be stabilising the financial situation (bank lending reduced by £2 million in 2 months) all we can do is to support our team. COYR

So would you mind revealing the source of this information?

If this is true, then it surely demonstrates that costs have been overcut & that Lowe's assertions that we could not afford Pearson were pure fantasy.

He may of meant in the last two months and it's only reducing the debt.

I fully respect the right to protest, but what does this protest want to achieve?

All the good protests have a defined objective (poll tax, Iraq, suffragettes etc.). I think the protest "against the running of the club" is a bit wooly. What does it mean?

- You want the club to stop running!

- You want the club to be run differently (regardless of the personalities)

- You want Lowe to resign.

- You want the whole board to resign.

- You want Crouch instead of Lowe.

- You want a new board, clean broom.

- You want JP out (job done!)

Otherwise those that oppose you will divide and conquer. You need to be clear about the objectives, otherwise it's:

"What do you want? Ermm?"

"When do you want it? Now!

I fully respect the right to protest, but what does this protest want to achieve?

All the good protests have a defined objective (poll tax, Iraq, suffragettes etc.). I think the protest "against the running of the club" is a bit wooly. What does it mean?

Otherwise those that oppose you will divide and conquer. You need to be clear about the objectives, otherwise it's:

It was very obvious at the Doncaster game, the focus of the demonstrators was Rupert Lowe out.

What do we want-Lowe,Wilde out.

When do we want it?-Now.

Then i would like Crouch in(for now).

Plus a manager who understands this league.

I've often wondered whether you only post on here to wind people up, but stating that you'd rather not miss your matchday pints than take part in a protest that would assist the campaign to rid the club of Lowe and all his cronies shows you to be rather shallow and unprincipled.

If you want to rid the club of these charlatans, then ridiculing attempts to achieve that end seem petty and negative unless viable alternatives are suggested. Saying that any protests would preferably be spontaneous does not qualify.

As to saying that the march will not be well attended, nor well enough publicised, well, of course if many others shared your attitude, then it wouldn't be. If you want these berks to continue running our club into oblivion, then carry on as you are; I'm sure that Lowe will be eternally grateful to you and all the others that will pay their hard earned dosh into the club's coffers regardless of how they misrun the club, just moaning on the internet, but afraid that if they joined a protest march they might miss their matchday booze.

Pathetic.

Wake up and smell the coffee mate, Saints are not big news.

A march causes no disruption to anyone, why would the news cover it? As I predicted earlier in the thread, JP resigning got next to no coverage in the papers... I looked through at least 5 national papers the day after, not a single one of them had more than a paragraph on the situation, 2 of them were in the 'soccer shorts' section, not even allowed to be a story in it's own right!

If JP leaving doesn't reach the news, then why do you think that a march will?

Fair play to anyone who gives up their time to turn up, prove me wrong, but if you honestly think it will make any significant news in the national press and media and will cause the slightest bit of disruption or concern to the SFC board then you are deluded.

160 people have lent their name to the cause... don't expect many more than that to turn up though.

There are effective ways of protesting, a couple of hundred people on a leisurely walk to the stadium, getting there earlier than they would usually, hence spending more in the club, will not.

Here's one for you that would work and be legal. Boycotting of the bars and kiosks, programmes and megastores. They already have 70-80% of their ticket money already bagged, people not using the other revenue streams will hit them harder than any march.

Obviously some people can choose to not turn up at all.

A march WOULD be effective if everyone walked there, and stayed outside reception for the duration of the game.... that WOULD make the headlines, both local and national.... the thing is, knowing how fickle our fanbase is, how many would do it? How many would give in and not be able to handle not watching the game?

If an event was organised that said there would be a mass sit-in outside reception during the game, then I would be all for it.... that would make the headlines, easy to organise, it doesn't even have to be an organised march up there. Simply everyone meet at 2:45pm.

There are ways and means.... in my humble opinion, a march is not one of them.

And a fine/points deduction for our club.

Certainly not advocating a pitch invasion, but I very much doubt we'd get a points deduction (or even a fine).

The FA took no action at all when the Leeds fans invaded the pitch for half an hour when their game against Ipswich was coming to a close.

He may of meant in the last two months and it's only reducing the debt.

To reduce the debt, you have to make a profit or create debt elsewhere.

Minstral Man is on a wind-up, I don't believe its PR plant as the figures are just too good so I'll happily assume he's a skate.

Embarrassingly my first game of the season, so a few of questions regarding Swansea match.

What’s the attendance likely to be,

Amount of away supports likely to attend?

Best seats as I’m sure times have changed since last year? [Atmosphere banter etc]

Regards,

SB

Wake up and smell the coffee mate, Saints are not big news.

A march causes no disruption to anyone, why would the news cover it? As I predicted earlier in the thread, JP resigning got next to no coverage in the papers... I looked through at least 5 national papers the day after, not a single one of them had more than a paragraph on the situation, 2 of them were in the 'soccer shorts' section, not even allowed to be a story in it's own right!

Although I generally get what you're saying I think it worth mentioning that Jan's resignation was announced at 8:30ish on Friday night which is pretty close on the deadline for lots of Saturday papers which go to print earlier than the weekday editions.

And it was FA Cup weekend so plenty of preview filler everywhere, and if they had space for late news, they had the Forest game to cover.

It was, if you wanted to keep Saints out of the papers, an excellently timed release of information. A great way to "bury bad news". Almost like they planned it....

It would have got more coverage had it been announced 11am on Wednesday, say.

But, in line with your general point, not much more.

Embarrassingly my first game of the season, so a few of questions regarding Swansea match.

What’s the attendance likely to be, 12,000 to 32,500

Amount of away supports likely to attend? 4000?

Best seats as I’m sure times have changed since last year? [Atmosphere banter etc] Take your pick! Sit next to me in the Itchen-Chapel corner, I need someone to tell my troubles to!

Regards,

SB

See you there!

Certainly not advocating a pitch invasion, but I very much doubt we'd get a points deduction (or even a fine).

The FA took no action at all when the Leeds fans invaded the pitch for half an hour when their game against Ipswich was coming to a close.

If a game is abandoned due to a pitch invasion then don't hold your breathe.

To reduce the debt, you have to make a profit or create debt elsewhere.

Minstral Man is on a wind-up, I don't believe its PR plant as the figures are just too good so I'll happily assume he's a skate.

To reduce the debt you have to reduce costs, we are not making a profit elsewhere, most certainly not the turnstiles.

Ok

I will be joining the demo to protest against the regime and its decisions (or lack of them) that are ruining our club. And the regimes removal.

I would also like to demonstrate for the immediate appointment of a an experienced manager from outside the club.

So are what are other issues that demonstrators will be highlighting?

(Don't all rush at once)

Teachers who go on strike or demos without Union support and backing are always in a vulnerable position. In a democracy this is regrettable, but unfortunately often true.

Someone must be pally with Craig David. Get him along and he can serenade us with classics.

"Re-ewind when the crowd shout Lowe reject him!"

" Lowe led this club on Monday sold all our best players on Tuesday, we went down the leagues on Wednesday and on Thursday and Friday and Saturday entered admin on Sunday."

"I'm walking away from this ****hole of a club, refusing to pay oh till Rupert goes away."

"I was making a Lowe sucks sign when Portvliet walked out and I said Hey Lowe what you planning now? So I come on this march and I find that Lowe's swanned off to a break in France dressed in cashmere thermals and stripy tweed pants. So the club we went in then we stood hissing, gesturing talked bout Van der Waals sounded int'resting, so gave Wilde a ring, all calls diverted to answerphone, please leave a message after the tone. I know Michael Svennson is kinda cool but one good appointment still makes you a fool. We still support the lads but need transparency, most of the team still aint hit puberty.

Singing why did you bother coming back at all? Now you've kept Mark Wotte on, forced Jan to take the fall, if you want league one well we've set out our stall, can you fill me in? Boardroom squabbles over a train, Taking a wage and you're still a drain, sacking Pearson Rupert's gone insane! Can you fill me in?"

Much better than mundane we want Rupert out IMO

"I was making a Lowe sucks sign when Portvliet walked out and I said Hey Lowe what you planning now? So I come on this march and I find that Lowe's swanned off to a break in France dressed in cashmere thermals and stripy tweed pants. So the club we went in then we stood hissing, gesturing talked bout Van der Waals sounded int'resting, so gave Wilde a ring, all calls diverted to answerphone, please leave a message after the tone. I know Michael Svennson is kinda cool but one good appointment still makes you a fool. We still support the lads but need transparency, most of the team still aint hit puberty.

Singing why did you bother coming back at all? Now you've kept Mark Wotte on, forced Jan to take the fall, if you want league one well we've set out our stall, can you fill me in? Boardroom squabbles over a train, Taking a wage and you're still a drain, sacking Pearson Rupert's gone insane! Can you fill me in?"

Much better than mundane we want Rupert out IMO

:lol:

Nice one!!

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny but 1 week in to their campaign the 'fringe' has drummed up a couple of busloads of fans for a demonstration against the club. 162 have said they will be there by clicking a 'yes button' which is hardly a commitment but assuming 162 do attend you have drummed up less than 1.5% of even our lowest crowd this season and less than 0.6% of those who turned up for the Sheff Utd game last season and the Man U cup games.

Hardly a landslide is it? Goes to show that as much as some of you like to bark your damaging comments you have no bite. Enjoy your march which I suspect will be down to a mere handful by the time you reach the ground as people pop into the shops and pubs on the way too embarrassed to carry on.

162 + Mary Corbett although she has plenty of time to change her mind about 3 times between now and Saturday. See you at the game and play nice, no aggressive eyeballing senior citizens and inviting banks of fellow fans outside to settle YOUR differences just because they ask you to sit down so they can watch the game they've paid to see.

162 and a following that is falling in percentage terms the more we move on and see the folly of this anarchic action.

What do we want?! Lowe Out

How do we do it?!.....err.......ummmm...don't know.

Who do want?!...Err...well Crouch is the obvious one but he didn't do so good last time so....Mary is Saints through and through but well you know...how about Lawrie, well we couldn't afford him as he will need about £500ph to cover his expenses (£75k/23 home games)..Who do you want?????????? Don't know that either.

As demonstrations go this could be one of the worse, who is going to be your celebrity leading you in? Leon Crouch or Hong Kong Phooey?

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny but 1 week in to their campaign the 'fringe' has drummed up a couple of busloads of fans for a demonstration against the club. 162 have said they will be there by clicking a 'yes button' which is hardly a commitment but assuming 162 do attend you have drummed up less than 1.5% of even our lowest crowd this season and less than 0.6% of those who turned up for the Sheff Utd game last season and the Man U cup games.

Hardly a landslide is it? Goes to show that as much as some of you like to bark your damaging comments you have no bite. Enjoy your march which I suspect will be down to a mere handful by the time you reach the ground as people pop into the shops and pubs on the way too embarrassed to carry on.

162 + Mary Corbett although she has plenty of time to change her mind about 3 times between now and Saturday. See you at the game and play nice, no aggressive eyeballing senior citizens and inviting banks of fellow fans outside to settle YOUR differences just because they ask you to sit down so they can watch the game they've paid to see.

162 and a following that is falling in percentage terms the more we move on and see the folly of this anarchic action.

Who do want?!...Err...well Crouch is the obvious one but he didn't do so good last time so....Mary is Saints through and through but well you know...how about Lawrie, well we couldn't afford him as he will need about £500ph to cover his expenses (£75k/23 home games)..Who do you want?????????? Don't know that either.

As demonstrations go this could be one of the worse, who is going to be your celebrity leading you in? Leon Crouch or Hong Kong Phooey?

ummm not very bright for a plant are you?? Thats just people off of here! If you can pull yourself out of Lord Lowes arse for the day, get down there yourself and see

Lol at sundance - er Nineteen Canteen,er Third Bear, Flashman or whatever it is that Rupert tells you to call yourself these days.

What do we want?!

ummm....a club we can be proud of and that everyone unites behind the common good of.....something that will never happen whilst RL is in charge.

You are a bit dumb for a plant arent you like JustMike suggested.

Go away and play with your ducks and fishing rods....and careful Rupes doesnt get too close on the ski slopes wont ya !!

or as many businesses do mix reducing costs with increasing revenue' date=' by improving the production or reducing the price you charge for it.[/quote']

Don't disagree with that but when your creditor has told you to reduce costs then increasing revenue becomes more difficult without a substantial windfall. I have previously said for a decrease in ticket prices and we did this for the Forest game although this game was also tied in with the United game for tickets, however I would like to see this offer again to see if there is a substantial increase in attendance.

Don't disagree with that but when your creditor has told you to reduce costs then increasing revenue becomes more difficult without a substantial windfall. I have previously said for a decrease in ticket prices and we did this for the Forest game although this game was also tied in with the United game for tickets, however I would like to see this offer again to see if there is a substantial increase in attendance.

but by creditor i assume you mean the bank.

they in my experience they would ask for a package of measures not just aimed at cutting costs but also focusing on increasing income.imo it is this area that the current 4 directors have been completly devoid of any alternative ideas.

but by creditor i assume you mean the bank.

they in my experience they would ask for a package of measures not just aimed at cutting costs but also focusing on increasing income.imo it is this area that the current 4 directors have been completly devoid of any alternative ideas.

Been said a number of times, in that any fool can slash and cut costs, but what sets a real leader and entrepeneur apart is either maintaining revenues despite those cuts or even better still growing revenues.

Lowe's "Revolutionary Coaching Set Up" and his inability to galvanise the fanbase has cost us money from the top line.

Been said a number of times, in that any fool can slash and cut costs, but what sets a real leader and entrepeneur apart is either maintaining revenues despite those cuts or even better still growing revenues.

Lowe's "Revolutionary Coaching Set Up" and his inability to galvanise the fanbase has cost us money from the top line.

does not have to be a real leader UM.

Anyone who works in the private sector has to do budgets for both sides of the equation, public sector you just budget on how you spend an allotted amount of money.

Problem is until relegation Rupert was like a council leader , Sky told him how much he had coming in , he just decided how to spend it with the bonus of gate money on top which could be used to fund the extras

does not have to be a real leader UM.

Anyone who works in the private sector has to do budgets for both sides of the equation, public sector you just budget on how you spend an allotted amount of money.

Problem is until relegation Rupert was like a council leader , Sky told him how much he had coming in , he just decided how to spend it with the bonus of gate money on top which could be used to fund the extras

He could have used revenues to increase mortgage payments while we had the money, since he wasn't spending on better players.

Dear oh dear Rupert, you really are scraping the barrel this time. You used to pay top dollar to your PR company to post "pro Lowe" messages... who the **** are you using now? It may pass for humour on the school hockey playing fields, but you're mixing with the big boys now dear chap...

Must do better!