Demonstration for Swansea game- Time and place!!

scott_saints

Are you attending the March  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the March

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Seriously what is the demonstration in aid of.

You want Lowe out?

The overall running of the club?

The useless manager to be sacked?

or is it just to see how many people you can get in the streets of southampton on a saturday! :-)

Have an agenda so that I can make a banner up to bring with my children.

Cheers.

You want Lowe out?

or is it just to see how many people you can get in the streets of southampton on a saturday! :-)

Cheers.

All 3, so you need a big banner!!

Whatever happens can we please cut out the "We want Rupert out" b0ll0cks, lamest thing I have ever heard.

Personally I don't think it do any good so I will stay in the pub, fair play to all those who get involved though. Boycotting the game would speak volumes, as would anything that would create utter mayhem, such as a pitch invasion during the game.

You want Lowe out?

Cheers.

Please lets not forget Wilde as well. He is the architect of the problem, and has the means to bring an end to this issue. He is also less stubborn than old rosey cheeks and so should be a more worthwhile target of the protest.

So Wilde out, Lowe out and Poortvliet out

UPDATE-

1:15 at the Bargate Castle

Rough route-

Through highstreet, up to kfc, round by the park, down through hoglands, through st marys street past the pubs etc

Connor, the organiser of the protest can't seem to access the site (he hasn't been blocked!!) so any further questions regarding the demonstration, email:

connor_bowers@hotmail.co.uk

Edited by scott_saints

UPDATE-

Rough route-

Through highstreet, up to kfc, round by the park, down through hoglands, through st marys street past the pubs etc

connor, the organiser of the protest has been blocked from using this so any questions etc email him

Been blocked from where? This site? Are you sure? He wouldn't be able to sign up with that hotmail address but unless he's a former user who's been banned then there's no way he's blocked.

** Please be aware that this demonstration is not being approved or promoted by SaintsWeb Ltd in any way and this thread is only being made a sticky by popular demand. We would like to remind people that the contents of the forum do not necessarily represent the views of SaintsWeb Ltd or their directors and administrative team **

If people are wishing to take part in the demonstration at the Swansea game, then people will be meeting at:

1:15pm

at

Bargate Castle.

Rough route-

through highstreet, up to kfc, round by the park, down through hoglands, through st marys street past the pubs etc, and then to stadium.

Connor, the organiser of the protest has been blocked from using this so any questions etc email him

why was he blocked?

Think the admins deserve a bit of credit for putting this up. Recently there has naturally been a lot of anger on this forum aimed at those running the club. So maintaining a non biased stance for the website is a smart view. Especially when you think of this forum in years gone by.

Organising an official demonstration is the right thing to do. I think it is very clear people such as Bungle who choose to do nothing are in the small minority. If we were above the relegation zone picking up wins both away but more importantly at home then more would agree. It is not some new thing that has all of a sudden gone wrong, we have won only 6 games in 28 all season. The last home win was in september almost 5 months ago. I just fail to see how anyone can look at those stats and feel it is ok. As i said it is not a new thing, not a knee jerk thing. The true fans of this club have done it proud over this season. While suffering they have remained silent in the hope the fortunes will change, that the people running the team and the club sort it out. In the 9 months that the manager and board have been here this club has clearly gone back into the freefall we were in prior to Burley leaving. A freefall that seemed stopped once we survived on the last day of last season.

So there will be a lot of people wanting something to happen and being able to all put that energy into one big demonstration rather then lots of little demonstrations is much better.

So i will be there and i urge those who feel enough is enough to be there also. The club needs you now more then ever.

But once were at the game please get behind the lads, they need us too.

Myself and Ben, the creator of the facebook group, will of course be there. Shame you're not coming Bungle, you could finally introduce yourself to us :-).

Thanks to everyone who has joined the group so far, lets hope as many as possible turn out next Saturday.

UPDATE-

Rough route-

Connor, the organiser of the protest can't seem to access the site (he hasn't been blocked!!) so any further questions regarding the demonstration, email:

Super stuff, kfc & beer stops ahoy! :rolleyes:

kelkel31 will be there(which means 2 of us), but please for the love of god lets make sure we do this legally and peacefully. we are doing this for the right reasons and dont want to screw it up by being overzelus or by allowing idiots to join in just to cause trouble!

for my two cents, it should be to remove the entire board of directors, naming all along the way, not just lowe and wilde, with change will come the removal of jp, so lets stick to the board and as i havent seen this is also a boycott then lets get in the stadium, support the boys, get out and start all over again!

Have we heard if Lawrie or Crouch are attending?

Somebody should get in touch with them, im certain Leon would certainly be up for it!!

Btw would a poll not be a good idea just to see how many people are actually going to attend from TSW? I know people say they are attending on the facebook group but like the echo pointed out some of them are networked to Australia/NZ so it might not be accurate of how many are going.

I emailed Connor to mention my recent funeral idea and whether he wanted to use it, here is his reply:

"yer i like your thinking mate. but the second idea (funeral march) is a bit complexed. if anyone can get there hands on a coffin im well up for it. but me and few others organising it have chosen for a simple one until then. but yer message me when you can and we can talk"

1) Do people here think the funeral march and SFC Coffin will have more impact on the media? (full details here). Supporters inside the ground then wear black armbands to visually show the board we want change, this was a good idea from SaintRobbie.

2) Anyone handy with wood or strong cardboard who can make a fake coffin?

:)

I will be there.

Unfortunately an earlier post says "dont think it will do any good, i will stay in the pub"

Well that attitude will not do any good.

This is your clubs future FFS, i'm sure you can manage without a pint or two, just this once......have them after the game even.

The more that attend the better, the bigger the impact.

Congratulations and thanks to those who care enough to organise it.....they could have stayed in the bloody pub too after all !

I emailed Connor to mention my recent funeral idea and whether he wanted to use it, here is his reply:

"yer i like your thinking mate. but the second idea (funeral march) is a bit complexed. if anyone can get there hands on a coffin im well up for it. but me and few others organising it have chosen for a simple one until then. but yer message me when you can and we can talk"

1) Do people here think the funeral march and SFC Coffin will have more impact on the media? (full details here). Supporters inside the ground then wear black armbands to visually show the board we want change, this was a good idea from SaintRobbie.

2) Anyone handy with wood or strong cardboard who can make a fake coffin?

:)

I personally think the coffin being carried on the route of this march will attract the media attention through the middle of town on a Saturday lunchtime.

If it can be done then it should be bought along to the start of the march at Bargates.

"I personally think the coffin being carried on the route of this march will attract the media attention through the middle of town on a Saturday lunchtime."

I agree but who's got one or can make one here?

Be very careful that people don't think you're implying Rupert should be inside it though!

Oh great ,more waste to the tax payer . the polis will be rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of unexpected overtime.

I wish there was a better way to protest against lowe but there isnt

Judging by the posts so far this march could be either embarrassing in its 'complexed' organisation or attract negative publicity with the coffin idea. 'Yer' organisers can't even seem to confirm a route accept a rough one but presumably they will have to contact the police before they are even allowed to leave the Bargate but at least they would get their message over to the bargain hunters in Primark.

Mike suggests stopping on route for a few beers on route which may be a good idea. Mike, the way this is being organised I think they'll be bringing the brewery with them but you've no chance of having a good drink.

I suspect half of the turn out won't even know the real issues you are protesting about and knowing the TV people they will pick on one those 'in it for a laugh' types for their reasons for demonstrating, their answers will be the usual uneductaed twoddle and all Saints fans (anti and pro Lowe) will get tarred with the same brush.

Like Dragonov suggests there has to be better ways than this and I would be just a bit worried you follow a leader who can't understand a few basic principles to allow him to register with this forum. Into the valley rode the 600.........

BTW mods just under 100 posts hardly merits a sticky or popular demand.