Demonstration for Swansea game- Time and place!!

scott_saints

Are you attending the March  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the March

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

As I have mentioned on previous posts I am a pensioner. Before paying my fiver i was often ridiculed for my opinions. As a father 3rd time round and with 4 yound kids i am only able to see a game approx 1 a month. Normally I get to watch about 6 games per season.

I wasn't going to see this game and probably won't thru lack of funds. However I am prepared to go from Salisbury to Southampton just for the Demo. I will be bringing my 5 year old boy and possibly 18yo daughter. I feel that the more families there are in attendance the more the impact there will be. Plus there will possibly be less aggro if a lot of youngsters are involved. After all the kids are the clubs future. If the club has one that is.

Fair play to you sir, hope to see you there next sat!

Just touching on what you've said, i was going to add that we'll probably have to keep the protest fairly peaceful especially if the old bill are going to be there. There will be young kids about shopping with their parents...etc so any swearing should really be kept to a bare minimal, atleast until we've left the high street.

Another thing that some of the more creative posters on here could do is come up with a few more anti lowe/wilde songs as it will start sounding a bit repetetive if all we're singing is 'swing lowe' & 'we want rupert out'. Just a thought.

I can't believe the apathetic nature of some people on here (or maybe I can). As someone has already mentioned, all it takes for evil to succeed is for men to do nothing. With the attitude of "It won't make any difference" how the hell are you supposed to succeed in ANYTHING?!

It is ridculous to compare Lowe and Wilde to the Nazis, but thank god some of the posters on here were not in charge of Britain when the Germans appeared on the horizon: "They've invaded France, there is nothing we can do about them invading here within the next few months, never mind...where is the nearest pub?"

You're quite right that is a ridiculous comparison, I think you're getting a little bit carried away with the importance of the protest now.

Addressed to Nineteen-Canteen, Bungle, Stu Romsey and a few other nay-sayers...

This is early days yet, but at least somebody has had the balls to get off their backsides and do something about the parlous situation we find ourselves in. Mock the slightly amateurish way that the thing has been planned, but unless you can come up with something better, or give constructive advice as to how things can be improved, your mocking or apathy will be treated with the contempt it deserves.

This demonstration is a seed that is germinating fast and it will grow and flourish with support and media attention. As more people get to hear about it, it will gain momentum and more sage minds will attach themselves to it, people experienced in organisational and media skills will give valuable advice as to how it can be made more effective.

There will also be an element of people being enthused by the march who will attach themselves to it in town, so a smaller nucleus at the start of the march might be considerably bigger by the time it reaches the stadium.

Personally, my own viewpoint is that the most effective and immediate results will come from a mass boycott, but this could be the precursor for that; a warning shot across the bows. It should be made clear to Lowe and the board that the next concerted action will be the boycott at the next home match after Swansea, if they have not resigned.

To Wes Tender:

I haven't mocked the protest, I simply don't agree with the aims of it. Also, I think that debate is happening on 36,752 other threads at the moment, so we probably shouldn't continue it here. I just wanted to point out I haven't said it is silly, or will fail, or you'll only get a handful of chavvy kids. I have purely said I have no reason to attend it.

Saints Trust vice chairman Steve Godwin doesn’t believe protesting will make a difference.

However, he has encouraged those who want to do it to keep it peaceful and not while play is in progress.

“If you look back to the last time all this kicked off, in 2006, when there were protests all over the place, they didn’t actually seem to have any effect whatsoever on any change being made,” he said.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/4070285.Protests_musts_be_peaceful__says_trust_chairman/

Now I'm totally confused. I was under the impression that um pahars had long since resigned his post. I think we should be told....

Is Guided Missile going?

If a few respected local business like him join the march Lowe would have to take note. It wouldn't just be the lunatic fringe, who by RL's definition are anyone who doesn't kiss his photo every morning.

To Wes Tender:

I haven't mocked the protest, I simply don't agree with the aims of it. Also, I think that debate is happening on 36,752 other threads at the moment, so we probably shouldn't continue it here. I just wanted to point out I haven't said it is silly, or will fail, or you'll only get a handful of chavvy kids. I have purely said I have no reason to attend it.

Couldn't agree more. I don't want to be part of some silly, failing thing ran by a few chavs either. :)

I am a huge Saints fan and have been for many years. We are in a sorry state of affairs. However if everyone put as much effort into supporting the team as they do into spending hours on the internet arguing with each other about every little detail in every post the atmosphere at St mary's would be amazing and this would be converted to a healthier points total. Things are by no means perfect at the club....Lowe is a joke, we are a team of kids, and the manager is clueless. But it seems like some fans enjoy this and love having something to moan about. By all means lets protest on Saturday BEOFRE the game. But then lets get behind the boys for 90 minutes and try and force a result (there is a reason why we are better away than at home besides our style of play!). It is more important that we stay up and avoid administration than forcing Lowe out the club!

My wife and I will both be there, she is so upset at what Lowe is doing she has even donated a sheet to me to make a banner (you dont know how much a sacrifice that is to her). Stand and be counted, I know my club is worth a little bit of effort on my part, is it worth a bit of effort from you.

19 cartoon (aka sunburnt breast) excepted.

I am a huge Saints fan and have been for many years. We are in a sorry state of affairs. However if everyone put as much effort into supporting the team as they do into spending hours on the internet arguing with each other about every little detail in every post the atmosphere at St mary's would be amazing and this would be converted to a healthier points total. Things are by no means perfect at the club....Lowe is a joke, we are a team of kids, and the manager is clueless. But it seems like some fans enjoy this and love having something to moan about. By all means lets protest on Saturday BEOFRE the game. But then lets get behind the boys for 90 minutes and try and force a result (there is a reason why we are better away than at home besides our style of play!). It is more important that we stay up and avoid administration than forcing Lowe out the club!

I dont agree with you on the march. I think it is more importnat to get rid of lowe first as I think with him relegation is inevitable. To be fair your'e attitude is the same one saints fans have had for years and it has achieved nothing. Now is the time to do something about it. I applaud you guys for doing something about the situation. We need to attack lowe's regime with everything we have to get rid of him. Rupert told me on the phone a month ago that we were playing world class football and that he expected to be just off the play offs. That is how out of touch this joker is. Keep coming up with new ideas boys though at the end of it I think a complete boycott of a game is the only way askham and richards etc will take notice.

Come on Goo bear

It is easy to say all that while you are up in the big smoke with the other rent boys. The only pain you have endured is Big Jeff breaking the news to you. We have had to watch the team collapse week after week.

How about at the Swansea game you bring a megaphone and stand at the front and start all the chants.

Maybe you can go on the pitch with Super Saint if you are a good boy.

Love you xxx

I result (there is a reason why we are better away than at home besides our style of play!). It is more important that we stay up and avoid administration than forcing Lowe out the club!

onthemarch, the only way to avoid administration is to get Lowe out, if we are relegated then we go into administration, so Lowe has to be removed !!

point taken

reagardless of lowe do we have the players to keep us up?

if so we should get behind the team to try and achieve this

I want lowe out as well - but I think we have to be carfeful about shattering an already low morale within players at the club. This is bad times - I think the young players will be ruined by this experience

point taken

I want lowe out as well - but I think we have to be carfeful about shattering an already low morale within players at the club. This is bad times - I think the young players will be ruined by this experience

So join the protest before and after the game, then support the team for 90 minutes in between ??

With all due respect, this idea sucks ass ( for want of a better expression )

I will tell you what is going to happen... the papers, the media et al will all be there, ready to snap away at this huge 'protest' .....

.... the reality is that at the most, a hundred people will turn up.... these will be made up of kids, probably an average age of 13.... who will be more interested in singing stupid songs and getting their mugs on TV and in the paper than actually protesting about Lowe.

Basically we will look a laughing stock, Lowe will be sitting in his Scottish hotel having a good old chuckle at the scenes.

Prove me wrong, but I am sure this is how it will end up.

The best protests are the spontaneous ones, during and after the game. You certainly won't be getting me out of the pub at 1pm, missing the best part of a matchday, and that will be the same for the vast majority.

at least somebody is finally doing something about the ****e that is going on at the moment. So you mean the spontaneous ones like after the Doncaster game, where the majority were

"made up of kids, probably an average age of 13.... who will be more interested in singing stupid songs and getting their mugs on TV" ...

Whats the alternative? Sit back and do nothing? But hey, at least the beer will still be there so you can enjoy the best part of match day

Fair play to you sir, hope to see you there next sat!

Just touching on what you've said, i was going to add that we'll probably have to keep the protest fairly peaceful especially if the old bill are going to be there. There will be young kids about shopping with their parents...etc so any swearing should really be kept to a bare minimal, atleast until we've left the high street.

Another thing that some of the more creative posters on here could do is come up with a few more anti lowe/wilde songs as it will start sounding a bit repetetive if all we're singing is 'swing lowe' & 'we want rupert out'. Just a thought.

One thing that has been mentioned prior to this thread is the possibility of making it a "SAVE THE SAIINTS" demo as against LOWE OUT etc. We could always mix a chant along those lines with a rendition of "OH WHEN THE SAINTS".

Another possibility I had considered but not sure of the legality. What if everybody at the game was to stand as we make our point at the game. Or even whilst supporting our team. What the ramifications would be, as according to health and safety we are supposed to remain seated, I have no idea. Could the game be stopped for a while to stop the demo and get us to sit? It is just a thought and will possibly be shot down in flames but it could work if enough people did it. What choice would the club have other than to try to get us sitting as required. They certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to start heavy arm tactics surely. But as I said I have no idea about how the law would be used.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/4070285.Protests_musts_be_peaceful__says_trust_chairman/

Saints Trust chairman insists any protests are peaceful

Saints Trust vice chairman Steve Grant doesn’t believe protesting will make a difference.

However, he has encouraged those who want to do it to keep it peaceful and not while play is in progress.

“If you look back to the last time all this kicked off, in 2006, when there were protests all over the place, they didn’t actually seem to have any effect whatsoever on any change being made,”

I see the Echo have changed the attribution of their quote from Steve Godwin earlier to Steve Grant. They must look alike.

So is Steve Grant now back as a spokesman for the Trust?

Sorry Trouers but I think you picked the wrong song. If you're on this march then to every true Saints SUPPORTER you an.....(Btw - you won't be on this demo anymore than me - best leave it to the 20 who have committed by voting YES!)

Received a letter just the other day,

Don't seem they wanna know you no more,

They've laid it down given you their score,

Within the first two lines it bluntly read.

You're not to come and see us no more,

Keep away from our door,

Don't come 'round here no more

What on earth did you do that for?

Our aunt, she don't wanna know she says,

What will the neighbours think they'll think,

We don't that's what they'll think, we don't,

But I will, 'cause I know they think I don't.

Our uncle he don't wanna know he says,

We are a disgrace to the human race he says,

How can you show your face,

When you're a disgrace to the human race?

No committment, you're an embarrassment,

Yes, an embarrassment, a living endorsement,

The intention that you have booked,

Was an intention that was overlooked.

They say, stay away,

Don't want you home today,

Keep away from our door,

Don't come 'round here no more.

Our dad, he don't wanna know he says,

This is a serious matter,

Too late to reconsider,

No one's gonna wanna know ya !

Our mum, she don't wanna know,

I'm feelin' twice as old, she says,

Thought she had a head on her shoulder,

'Cause I'm feelin' twice as older,

I'm feelin' twice as older.

You're an embarrassment...

COYRs!

Wow! You must be a 'nutty boy' to remember those words.

Do you reckon the management of this club suggs? (Did you see what I did there?)

Anyway God(Jan)speed with your love of anything Nutty!

point taken

Sadly we don't have a squad that can keep us up, they are too raw to be professional yet. Even when the Branfoot protests were at their height, I don't think the players were at that time in the early 90s were particularly affected by it but this lot aren't good enough yet for the CCC anyway. Gobern and Mills have much promise but ought to be playing U19 football and Lallana has a lot of ability, albeit it's not being harnassed as well as it should be but better coaching would draw it out.

The manager, coaches and players aren't CCC standard in summary - what have we got to lose?

Bungle: I haven't mocked the protest, I simply don't agree with the aims of it. Also, I think that debate is happening on 36,752 other threads at the moment, so we probably shouldn't continue it here. I just wanted to point out I haven't said it is silly, or will fail, or you'll only get a handful of chavvy kids. I have purely said I have no reason to attend it.

Couldn't agree more. I don't want to be part of some silly, failing thing ran by a few chavs either. :)

Read it again as your comprehension is faulty. Bungle pointed out that he hadn't said it would be supported by a handful of chavvy kids, nor ran by them.

Edited by Wes Tender

I see most of you agree to the demonstrations be outside the ground ect, my point is what will lowe see? nothing, would it surprise anyone he could turn up late & leave early avoiding any confrontation, yeah he will get told about the demonstration before & after the game but do you really think he will give a toss? NO

If the whole ground stood as one & sang "stand up if you want lowe out" for him & the whole world to see it just may touch a nerve or two.

Now before we get the lets get behind the team b ollocks for 90mins what the f uck do you think we've have been doing all season..

Anyway good luck with your demo ...

Now I'm totally confused. I was under the impression that um pahars had long since resigned his post. I think we should be told....

Is Guided Missile going?

If a few respected local business like him join the march Lowe would have to take note. It wouldn't just be the lunatic fringe, who by RL's definition are anyone who doesn't kiss his photo every morning.

You can be respected without being in business as well.

SAINTS supporters’ group members have called on fans considering protesting at St Mary’s to do so peacefully and not during games.

What ********. This isn't the Trust speaking as the Trust is nothing but a voicepiece for Illingsworth, this is just an opinion of someone who thinks they are an gods gift to football supporting. Why is the Trust even mentioned at all?

Saints Trust vice chairman Steve Grant doesn’t believe protesting will make a difference.

Well it'll certainly make more difference than anything the poxy Trust will ever do. While Saints burn they'll probably be organising a quiz night.

Peaceful it should be, but who's SG to lecture on what can and cannot be sung during games?

“If you look back to the last time all this kicked off, in 2006, when there were protests all over the place, they didn’t actually seem to have any effect whatsoever on any change being made,” he said.

Of course the protests had an effect. They encourage new parties to buy shares and challenge Lowe.

SAINTS supporters’ group members have called on fans considering protesting at St Mary’s to do so peacefully and not during games.

What ********. This isn't the Trust speaking as the Trust is nothing but a voicepiece for Illingsworth, this is just an opinion of someone who thinks they are an gods gift to football supporting. Why is the Trust even mentioned at all?

Well it'll certainly make more difference than anything the poxy Trust will ever do. While Saints burn they'll probably be organising a quiz night.

Peaceful it should be, but who's SG to lecture on what can and cannot be sung during games?

Of course the protests had an effect. They encourage new parties to buy shares and challenge Lowe.

I think its quite disappointing when the Vice Chairman of the Trust doesnt come out and back the supporters that he and his organisation are supposed to be representing.

Wether he, as an individual, agrees with it or not is niether here or there.

Either dont say anything Steve or back it. Cant you see that this lack of a united front amongst fans is playing into Lowe's hands ? Divide and conquer, thats all he needs to do.....and unfortunately the "spokesmen" that the media go to...both of them....must have bloody splinters cos they are undermining the whole point of this....and that point is a significant number of supporters have had enough and want to do something to bring this situation to a head and yes, Save Our Saints !

The problem is the media being nAturally lazy just go to the names they know. They dont care if the trust has only 4 members or the independent judians front saints supporters is just one man with a loud mouth ... they get their soundbite for the paper, and they're happy. Regardless of whether it is right.

No Alpine. It's not even slightly ridiculous. We have to remain unbiased otherwise we get the usual cyber-warriors claiming we have a Pro/Anti* Lowe agenda.

Surely you're intelligent enough to appreciate that. It's not really rocket science.

Oh and by the way, I'm surprised you can't make it seeing as you feel so strongly about it.

* Delete as appropriate

Was there any need for your last comment? after all you are proclaiming the need to be even handed.

If you want respect as a Mod start acting like one please

I see the Echo have changed the attribution of their quote from Steve Godwin earlier to Steve Grant. They must look alike.

So is Steve Grant now back as a spokesman for the Trust?

Steve said a few days ago on here that he had no connection any more ???

I agree something needs to be done - I also agree we shouldnt get on the players backs although its hard not to at low times like this - Wes Tender may remember I had a problem with his negative attitude last season but to be fair I think he was just feeling the pain one kick in the balls before me and in hindsight I apologise.

However I also agree with Stu - This demo will go one of two ways

Either pitter out into a nothing as 40 people get flimed signing 'I'm Southampton till I die' (A skate song) or The only real way it will actually get any mass media attention is if it kicks off....Im sorry but that is it...no one up North cares about saints fans crying into there 1997 replica home shirt on the way down to the ground - They might however have a glance at headlines of violent protests against the current Southampton board with 50 arrests made...and lets face it this is also unlikely to happen unless the 2500 swansea decide to come and join in...

For that reason I cant see how a demonstration can be effective without being born out of pure frustration and be spontanious where people who care so much do things they usually wouldnt...ie doncaster which I cant comment on as I wasnt there but doesnt seem to have changed much upstairs...

I am not encouraging violent protests nor am I encouraging non violent ones - I just dont think it will do much unless there something 'out of the ordinary' was to occur rather than a planned walking bus of fans to the stadium...

Just my thoughts take them with a pinch of salt -

I agree something needs to be done - I also agree we shouldnt get on the players backs although its hard not to at low times like this - Wes Tender may remember I had a problem with his negative attitude last season but to be fair I think he was just feeling the pain one kick in the balls before me and in hindsight I apologise.

No offence taken. Thanks for the apology. We're all Saints fans in this together and share the pain of our current sorry state. Naturally I would prefer to believe that my previous stance was one of realism rather than negativity ;) and it doesn't give me any pleasure that things have turned out the way that I suspected they might.

If we can rid the club of Lowe and all his cronies, the pain will have been worthwhile.

[quote=Stanley;176532

Steve... why are you appearing so defeatist? Why, whenever anyone suggests a constructive way of selling the club and people attempt something constructive like this do you back away all the time? NOONE HAS ADVOCATED VIOLENCE.

I don't get you sometimes. I really don't. You'd rather sit back and let Lowe destroy this Club rather than wholeheartedly support the fans who want to try and make a difference and seek change. The only form of change likely to give us a chance of staying in this league.

Still, your away notes in the match day programmes are always very useful....thank you.

One thing that has been mentioned prior to this thread is the possibility of making it a "SAVE THE SAIINTS" demo as against LOWE OUT etc. We could always mix a chant along those lines with a rendition of "OH WHEN THE SAINTS".

Another possibility I had considered but not sure of the legality. What if everybody at the game was to stand as we make our point at the game. Or even whilst supporting our team. What the ramifications would be, as according to health and safety we are supposed to remain seated, I have no idea. Could the game be stopped for a while to stop the demo and get us to sit? It is just a thought and will possibly be shot down in flames but it could work if enough people did it. What choice would the club have other than to try to get us sitting as required. They certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to start heavy arm tactics surely. But as I said I have no idea about how the law would be used.

I wouldnt bother worring too much about sitting down.

I havent sat down at all this season in the Northam.