Demonstration for Swansea game- Time and place!!

scott_saints

Are you attending the March  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the March

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

We should all wear badges with our forum names \\:D/

I was thinking along the same lines.... mind you some people will be easily identified.

Delldays will be the person arguing with everyone else.

Dalek will be pointing out that all marches were better in the days when Hoddle was at the club.

St David will be hovering in the sky eating pie whilst talking on his phone.

and Sundance Beast aka Nineteen Canteen will be the one standing at the side along with any Pompey fans in the area wearing his I Love Rupes tee shirt.

:-) :-):-)

Who exactly will this post be aimed at ?????

Lowe wont be there he is skiing

Wilde hasnt got the balls to come anywhere near SMS on Saturday.

So who exactly is this protest going to get to ???

Wouldnt it be better to wait till Lowe is actually there ??

The media coverage will be seen / heard by the gruesome twosome I imagine.

Unless you have access to his diary, how will we know when he's 'actually there'?

:)

Don't know if anyone else shares my conspiracy theories but the NO count on the survey seems to be creeping up disproportionately, I haven't come across any mates who have changed their minds recently about attending, so, is there a serious campaign from Lowe's PR buddies to falsely sway the figures with the hope that the undecided camp will not turn up. Mods, how many of the No's have less than 10 posts?

Don't know if anyone else shares my conspiracy theories but the YES count on the survey seems to be creeping up disproportionately to the posts. I haven't come across any mates who have changed their minds recently about attending, so, is there a serious campaign from Crouch's PR buddies to falsely sway the figures with the hope that the undecided camp will turn up. Mods, how many of the Yes' are Diggers mates? PS he's only got 85 posts, suspicious IMO.

The PRESS of course, who else. It'll have bugger-all impact on Lowe or Wilde

The media coverage will be seen / heard by the gruesome twosome I imagine.

Unless you have access to his diary, how will we know when he's 'actually there'?

:)

Exactly, think someone's just slipped up there. You'd think the club would have learned after S4E wouldn't you?

Don't know if anyone else shares my conspiracy theories but the YES count on the survey seems to be creeping up disproportionately to the posts. I haven't come across any mates who have changed their minds recently about attending, so, is there a serious campaign from Crouch's PR buddies to falsely sway the figures with the hope that the undecided camp will turn up. Mods, how many of the Yes' are Diggers mates? PS he's only got 85 posts, suspicious IMO.

I've only got 85 posts since Nov 06 because a) I've got a life and b) I don't feel it necessary to comment very much as too often for my liking serious posts get hijacked by ****s trying to make themselves look clever. Shall we talk about it during the march BUTootim?

Update on the new route-

DOWN PAST HANOVER BUILDINGS, DIAGONAL THROUGH HOGLANDS PARK, NORTHBOUND KINGS WAY, RIGHT INTO OLD NORTHAM ROAD, PAST THE KING ALFRED, OVER IRON BRIDGE AND THEN DOWN BRITANNIA ROAD TO FINISH AT ITCHEN STAND! WE WILL HAVE 2 POLICE MOTOCYCLES WITH US ON THE MARCH PLUS ABOUT 6 OR 8 ON FOOT.

Update on the new route-

DOWN PAST HANOVER BUILDINGS, DIAGONAL THROUGH HOGLANDS PARK, NORTHBOUND KINGS WAY, RIGHT INTO OLD NORTHAM ROAD, PAST THE KING ALFRED, OVER IRON BRIDGE AND THEN DOWN BRITANNIA ROAD TO FINISH AT ITCHEN STAND! WE WILL HAVE 2 POLICE MOTOCYCLES WITH US ON THE MARCH PLUS ABOUT 6 OR 8 ON FOOT.

Excellent, anyone there to try and stir trouble will be dealt with quickly and the march will be able to continue in a dignified and peaceful way.

I'm planning to come along with a few of my chums who actually remember what it was like playing in the old 3rd division. We don't want Lowe and Wilde dragging us down there again. But we need to know

1) Will the march be slow enough for us to keep up?

2) Can someone point out if there are any public toilets along the route, my local knowledge is a bit rusty and I am worried we may have to use the subway near Kingsland Market as a "rest stop"

3) It's likely to be a tiring walk, will we be able to sleep in the stadium afterwards without being woken, and which would be the best place to sit for this? (One of my chums has already suggested the Swansea penalty area, gosh he had us in fits down at the day centre)

I am normally not keen on premeditated demos, preferring the instantaneous ones which imo carry more passion and feeling, however I sense this one will have the neccesary emotion and gravitas which is needed to convince onlookers and media of the depth of feeling.

Due to wife working/childcare reasons I was not going to go to the Swansea match but I am now going to make the effort to be there to show that I care about the club and can devote just a very small part of my life to make a statement. If everyone can just make a small effort by turning up it will show the world at large that this club still means something to the inhabitants/supporters of Southampton.

Yes not everyone there will want Crouch back, I understand that, but it is time there is a large massive message sent that the fans are not happy with the current leadership/direction. Most people in public life sooner or later have to listen to public opinion and act accordingly. Rupert Lowe is a rare breed as he does not fit into that category. This demostration for me is an attempt to finally convince him that he simply HAS to listen. The more fair-minded, reasonable and non-violent fans that turn out that day will aid the cause.

We are often accused of being cyber warriors on this forum and there is a lot of rhetoric and hot air flying around. I appeal to every fan on here to put all the bickering behind us and make the effort to turn up to show firstly we all care and secondly to ask for a change of direction before it is too late.

Hope to see you all there - anyone gonna bring a portable bbq?

Duncan I have not read all this thread through.Is the protest about ridding us of RL and installing LC. If so his comments this week add up a bit more.

I do worry that it will be hijacked by the more vociferous of fans and respected fans will be outshouted.

I will support anyone trying to get them ALL out, I dont want to be associated with just a part of the gang going.

What affect is the protest going to have on the players I wonder

Is the Atmosphere going to assist the team in attempting to beat Swansea

Hopefully it will galvanise the supporters who still come along in much the same way in galvanised the diminishing band of Saints fams when the Branfoot protests were at their height.

Back then although there was a constant stream of protests and initiatives going on in the background, I think it actually enhanced the support for the boys on the pitch.

Protesting against those running the Club and supporting the team are not mutually exclusive.

I agree. It is not the team we are going against but the board.

Yes I know that but outside factors surely affect the team.

Last season if I remember results started to suffer after the board said the financial situation was dire.

I know our results have been awful this season but with a new manager a couple of new players maybe the situation can improve.

But it could be undermined with all the goings on off the field.

It is possible I agree. However I do feel that a crowd of which some have been on the march will be even more determined to show their support to the players. This could inject more atmosphere into the crowd than has been felt recent;y.

I hope you are right .

I wonder what the younger players think of it all.

McGoldrick James Gillett Holmes Smith Patterson Molyneux etc would not be playing at this level if youth had not been given the chance.

They maybe concerned what the future may hold if Lowe was to go

I hope you are right .

I wonder what the younger players think of it all.

McGoldrick James Gillett Holmes Smith Patterson Molyneux etc would not be playing at this level if youth had not been given the chance.

They maybe concerned what the future may hold if Lowe was to go

If they are good enough they will play. Hope that puts their minds at rest.

I just dont think people perform well if they are concerned with the future thats all.

True. A common human design flaw....i.e. worry that something bad will happen in the future which only makes what they're worrying about more likely to happen.

I keep saying as much to Mrs Trousers. "Don't worry about it love, it'll never happen". I suspect it's the fact that I'm talking about the DIY jobs around the house that annoys her most, mind.

Hopefully it will galvanise the supporters who still come along in much the same way in galvanised the diminishing band of Saints fams when the Branfoot protests were at their height.

Back then although there was a constant stream of protests and initiatives going on in the background, I think it actually enhanced the support for the boys on the pitch.

Protesting against those running the Club and supporting the team are not mutually exclusive.

Totally agree UM.

The Branfoot protests were a major force in the fortress Dell momentum, the dell definitly , imo, was noiser for years after those events than it was before

Hi, this is Tom (relaying info from the facebook group) on Ben's account. This is the only post I will be making on this subject today so I hope it comes across ok and answers all questions.

The protest and accompanying march is now going to be covered by Sky Sports news, ITV's 'The Championship' (Saints are feature game) and BBC.

We have over 500 people now confirmed via facebook and this site although we expect more toward 1000 (hopefully more!! spread the word!!) as I know of at least 200 myself that are coming along that havent voted on facebook or here.

The Police have been contacted and are in constant talks with Connor to ensure this is safe and peaceful. They will have two police officers on motorbikes and another 6+ on foot accompanying us throughout.

The meeting place and march route is already covered in this thread.

We would like people to wear visible red and white colours if poss (shirt outside jumper kind of thing) in order to add to the visual effect.

We would like people to bring as big a banner as possible and their best voices as we hope to make an impact.

And finally we want to re-iterrate that WE DO NOT WANT ANY SORT OF VIOLENT ACTS DURING THIS, IT IS A PEACEFUL PROTEST AND ANYONE WANTING TO COME TO CAUSE TROUBLE SHOULD JUST NOT BOTHER. WE WILL HELP THE POLICE IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE TO MAKE SURE THIS IS PEACEFUL!!

*** Also we want everyone to support the team for ninety minutes during the game, the time for the protest is before (and after) not during! ***

If you're as fed up and frustrated as I am about the situation our club is in then this is your chance to voice your opinion to a national media in a peaceful way, please dont turn down this oportunity.

Many thanks and I hope to see you there :)

Edited by Thorpe-le-Saint

Surely being confident and being constantly told you are crap does not help either.

Go and ask Kelvin

Kelvin has played for Wimbledon, Luton, Ipswich at this level and Sunderland in the premier league. Which is slightly different to Millwall reserves - Smith and the others who were either in academy or reserve teams or injured.

Hi, this is Tom (relaying info from the facebook group) on Ben's account. This is the only post I will be making on this subject today so I hope it comes across ok and answers all questions.

The protest and accompanying march is now going to be covered by Sky Sports news, ITV's 'The Championship' (Saints are feature game) and BBC.

We have over 500 people now confirmed via facebook and this site although we expect more toward 1000 (hopefully more!! spread the word!!) as I know of at least 200 myself that are coming along that havent voted on facebook or here.

The Police have been contacted and are in constant talks with Connor to ensure this is safe and peaceful. They will have two police officers on motorbikes and another 6+ on foot accompanying us throughout.

We would like people to wear visible red and white colours if poss (shirt outside jumper kind of thing) in order to add to the visual effect.

We would like people to bring as big a banner as possible and their best voices as we hope to make an impact.

And finally we want to re-iterrate that WE DO NOT WANT ANY SORT OF VIOLENT ACTS DURING THIS, IT IS A PEACEFUL PROTEST AND ANYONE WANTING TO COME TO CAUSE TROUBLE SHOULD JUST NOT BOTHER. WE WILL HELP THE POLICE IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE TO MAKE SURE THIS IS PEACEFUL!!

*** Also we want everyone to support the team for ninety minutes during the game, the time for the protest is before (and after) not during! ***

If you're as fed up and frustrated as I am about the situation our club is in then this is your chance to voice your opinion to a national media in a peaceful way, please dont turn down this oportunity.

Count me in along with my son....

Kelvin has played for Wimbledon, Luton, Ipswich at this level and Sunderland in the premier league. Which is slightly different to Millwall reserves - Smith and the others who were either in academy or reserve teams or injured.

Or those yet to play because of injury such as Pulis and Gasmi.All season we have been carrying passengers who have not paid their dues. There are others too who are not up to it like Wotton, Smith and some who luckily have now gone. The boys will react to the crowd as most players do if we are vocal in the extreme. If we do the march and then show the cameras we are still behind our team, poor as it is it, has to help them and our cause. We have to show determination in our bid to remove the leeches and fervour in our support of the team.

I'm planning to come along with a few of my chums who actually remember what it was like playing in the old 3rd division. We don't want Lowe and Wilde dragging us down there again. But we need to know

1) Will the march be slow enough for us to keep up?

2) Can someone point out if there are any public toilets along the route, my local knowledge is a bit rusty and I am worried we may have to use the subway near Kingsland Market as a "rest stop"

3) It's likely to be a tiring walk, will we be able to sleep in the stadium afterwards without being woken, and which would be the best place to sit for this? (One of my chums has already suggested the Swansea penalty area, gosh he had us in fits down at the day centre)

1) I'm sure people will make sure you don't get left behind.

2) Suggest you use the subway.

3) Chapel stand will be the best. Quite an empty stand and most of the noise in the first half will be from the Swansea attacks in our penalty area. Second half should be very quiet for you with Swansea attacking the Northam, not much action in the Swansea penalty area. Remember to set your alarm for about 5.00pm that's in case you don't hear the boo's at the end of the game.

The lunatic fringe will be the death of this club.

Go and do your little march before the game but don't make idiots of yourselves like you did during the last home match.

So the stayaway fans who despise Lowe and refuse to pay good money to watch the poor fare on offer are ok. As are the people sitting idly by watching our club die. If my wanting my children and theirs in future years to have our club to support makes me a lunatic so be it.

I WOULD MUCH RATHER BE CLASSED AS A LUNATIC WHO CARED. THAN AN IDIOT WHO PREFERED TO SEE OUR CLUB DIE BEFORE HIS VERY EYES WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT. ESPECIALLY WHEN PROFFESSING TO LOVE IT. OR IS THAT THE CRUX OF THE MATTER, YOU JUST DON'T CARE ENOUGH?

I would just like to say a Big Well Done to the organisers , i hope you get a lot of media coverage and it all goes off well no trouble etc,as i've said before i'll be in Paris so not attending but i'll be there in spirit Nice one guys and girls ..

Doesn't make any difference. Did Tony Blair need to be physically watching the anti-war rallies to know they took place?

Lowe, and the board, regardless of where they are hiding on Saturday will know the strength of feeling of the fans.

Doesn't make any difference. Did Tony Blair need to be physically watching the anti-war rallies to know they took place?

Lowe, and the board, regardless of where they are hiding on Saturday will know the strength of feeling of the fans.

...and with all the media coverage it appears the rally will now be getting, there gonna make a big thing about 'faceless' Lowe hiding when it comes on top. Maybe they'll also mention it's his second holiday in just a couple of weeks - not a good example for a CEO to set whilst Rome burns...