Demonstration for Swansea game- Time and place!!

scott_saints

Are you attending the March  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the March

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Well here we are on the eve of the big march and looking at the Saints forum tonight, home of the most fanatical section of our supporters we have only 45% of those who voted saying they will attend. A total of 204 fans many of whom would have voted without being able to come along I suspect either through 'work commitments', location or to simply up the ante. I suspect 200 will be about the total made up of genuine fans, youths spoiling for a fight and then the figureheads whose reasons for supporting the demonstration are more to do with their own personal agendas and grievances against Lowe than whether he is the best man to take the club forward or not.

Despite everyone's best intentions, peaceful demonstrations to some 'football fans' are an anathema and I genuinely fear for the safety of those who feel happy taking their children on this march having witnessed some of the unsavoury scenes at the Doncaster game and having since identifed and been surprised by some of those involved. I hope it remains peaceful but I suspect judging by some of the comments on this thread fights will undoubtedly break out as some of the more rabid anti-lowe factions and those not even interested in our predictament revert to aggression and violence instead of words.

What's really sad this will surely have a negative impact on the players before they even get to the ground and with fans wishing they are defeated just so they can make their demonstration even more 'laudable' then you surely have to question what is the real purpose of this demonstration. Makes you wonder what Killer makes of it all, a Lowe appointment and therefore one that the demonstrators will want removed glancing through some of the more ridiculous posts and its these posts that are worrying and suggest a few idiots will be in tow so watch yourselves.

The last time Lowe was removed the fans were able to get behind an alternative campagn but this time its Lowe out, Wilde out and then what? Crouch? All I can say is don't believe his own hype and whilst he talked a good game, Crouch didn't have the courage to back his own convictions as his main priority as always was to curry favour with the fans or sit back and wait or say I told you so. That's an easy game to play and most of us footie fans play it very well.

So we will have 200 fanatics trying to cajole and rile the vast majority of fans in the ground. Those fans who make up the middle ground who prefer to support and identify with the plight the club or remain simply conscientious objectors perhaps to both sids of the argument. I trust that when the majority ask the minority to sit down so they can enjoy the game we don't see alledgedly grown and considered respectable men becoming aggressive with women and children or families or any fan objecting to their aggression. Remember there are two sides to the argument and those who wish not to take part also have their rights so please respect them. That did not happen at the Doncaster game and I am concerned about tomorrows events and more so about the impact on the game. If we go a goal down and it all kicks off you the demonstrators will be playing a major part in our downfall along with you nemesis and that is not clever in any General's book.

I have never felt so impassioned when tonight I type COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And when everyone read this post, they realised what was right and wrong, and decided that everyone would worship Lord Lowe, and get behind the team. Despite losing 0-3. Oh well. "only 1 rupert lowe" "he can save us"...

Now this may a cliche but I think given the air of animosity against the club this demonstration will generate I thought it was appropriate. (Also given the estimates are for 500 to attend that is still significantly less than 5% of our fans base - the Lib dems have more weight)

Anyway some words of encouragement to Wotte and the boys:

If you can keep your head when all about you,

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too,

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, not talk to wise,If you can dream and make dreams your master,

And if you think and not make thoughts your aim

If you can meet with triumph and disaster

And treat those two imposters just the same..............

There is a few words to the wise for Crouch and the demonstrators but obviously too late for you to reconsider your proposed actions. Surely one of the main traits of a fan is to be able to ride with the good as well as the bad times but some can't treat those two imposters just the same and perhaps therefore you'll never have the Earth and everything in it or be a man my son!

Time for a bed tomorrow is going to be a long day but win or lose one thing is for certain there will be no giving in to a portest of less than 5 or even 10% of the fanbase.

And when everyone read this post, they realised what was right and wrong, and decided that everyone would worship Lord Lowe, and get behind the team. Despite losing 0-3. Oh well. "only 1 rupert lowe" "he can save us"...

I think the "Lowe luvvies" are a dying breed. In fact, but for the whole infiltration thing a cpl of years back, I don't think the forums would have been affected/infected in this way.

A handful of posters just love being hyper-controversial. And their firs available hand leaps straight to their zip upon accusations that they are in the employ of Rupert Lowe or part of some conspiracy. It's all just a bit sad.

My own humble opinion is that whilst I don't think Lowe is Saints' salvation and whilst I don't think he has much chance of guiding us to the promised land, I have yet to hear a positive and credible alternative.

I mighte even prefer taking the "Top Ten" anti-Lowe lobby and putting them in charge immediately.

But I have no idea what their answer is to the question "Ok, sirs, you are in charge. What are you going to do now?" (other than it involving sacking a number of people for past "crimes")

That troubles me.

Cometh the hour, cometh the FAN.

Join the march, you have nothing to lose but your club.

And as for chants, this is probably the most poignant time in our recent history for us to join as one singing "Oh When The Saints Go Marching In" as we turn into Brittannia Road. It will be awesome and will bring a tear to my eye.

COYFR's

Now this may a cliche but I think given the air of animosity against the club this demonstration will generate I thought it was appropriate. (Also given the estimates are for 500 to attend that is still significantly less than 5% of our fans base - the Lib dems have more weight)

And yet don't look too good, not talk to wise,If you can dream and make dreams your master,

There is a few words to the wise for Crouch and the demonstrators but obviously too late for you to reconsider your proposed actions. Surely one of the main traits of a fan is to be able to ride with the good as well as the bad times but some can't treat those two imposters just the same and perhaps therefore you'll never have the Earth and everything in it or be a man my son!

Time for a bed tomorrow is going to be a long day but win or lose one thing is for certain there will be no giving in to a portest of less than 5 or even 10% of the fanbase.

You really are a nauseating plum,aswell as a misguided fool.

I have completely changed lots of family arrangements in order to free up the time to participate in the march today.

I march not to rid the club of Lowe or Wilde or even to install Crouch.

I march to show I care about my club. I march because it gives me a chance to demonstrate just how badly this club has been run since it became a PLC. I want to show the citizens of Southampton that there are people who still have pride in their football team. I march for all the fans who can't make it because they are dispersed all over the world. I march for all those fans no longer with us who have supported the team loyally ever since 1885. I march out of respect to the great servants of our club - people like Ted Bates, Alan Ball, Peter Osgood, Bobby Stokes, Derek Reeves, John McGrath, Charlie Wayman, Steve Mills, Austin Hayes and many many more.

Come and join in what will be a dignified, peaceful statement. I gather Mary Corbett will be there. I am sure her father would have been proud and totally agreed with the stand we are making.

Rgds Duncan

As a Saints supporter for some sixty years I wish I could be there to march with you today, but alas it is not possible being a pensioner living 600 miles away. However I should like to point out a few things to those of you who are involved.

1, The March must be kept as orderly as possible otherwise you will lose public support.

2, Appoint your own stewards to keep the shape of the march so that it does not intimidate members of the public.

3, Sing and chant as loud as you can but no bad language or obscenitys.

4, Obey all instructions from the police.

If you remember this is a protest against Lowe , Wilde and the other Boardroom members that are Ruining the club and not a excuse to just disrupt Southampton City Centre it will all be fine and hopefully a peacefull trouble free protest will be rewarded with 3 points this afternoon.

As a Saints supporter for some sixty years I wish I could be there to march with you today, but alas it is not possible being a pensioner living 600 miles away. However I should like to point out a few things to those of you who are involved.

1, The March must be kept as orderly as possible otherwise you will lose public support.

2, Appoint your own stewards to keep the shape of the march so that it does not intimidate members of the public.

If you remember this is a protest against Lowe , Wilde and the other Boardroom members that are Ruining the club and not a excuse to just disrupt Southampton City Centre it will all be fine and hopefully a peacefull trouble free protest will be rewarded with 3 points this afternoon.

Top post

Nineteen Canteen:-

Well here we are on the eve of the big march and looking at the Saints forum tonight, home of the most fanatical section of our supporters we have only 45% of those who voted saying they will attend. A total of 204 fans many of whom would have voted without being able to come along I suspect either through 'work commitments', location or to simply up the ante. I suspect 200 will be about the total made up of genuine fans, youths spoiling for a fight and then the figureheads whose reasons for supporting the demonstration are more to do with their own personal agendas and grievances against Lowe than whether he is the best man to take the club forward or not.

You are going to look so stupid jumping to this conclusion which is based on some very faulty reasoning which I would have thought any reasonably intelligent person would have avoided.

Take my vote for attending the march for example. I am coming along with my son, who tells me that three or four of his friends who are also Saints fans will join him, although they do not post on this forum. So my single vote actually represents 4 or 5. Neither do I fit the profile of the sort of fan that you have attempted to tar with the Neanderthal brush so beloved of your hero. The number of no votes isnt a poll of those who would not attend, but often includes those who cannot attend. And then you have not factored in the potential attendees from other forums, those who have heard about the march through the media, local and national and indeed those who are in the path of the march and who join almost on an impulse, caught up in the moment.

Anyway, enough about what you suppose will happen or perhaps would like to happen. We will see soon enough who is correct.

For all those naysayers like you who say that the protest will have no effect, it is worth pointing out that this is the first concerted attempt to fire a shot across the bows of the board. Personally, I wouldn't have messed around with marches, although they do have their uses in raising the media attention. I would have gone straight for the mass boycott. That would be something that would have concentrated the minds of the board right away and is without doubt the surest and quickest way to rid the club of them. But if the board seek to play down the march and show arrogant contempt, then at least the message will quickly get through to the fans that they need to up the ante considerably, so that support for the boycott will grow as a result of the march being ignored.

Good luck for this afternoon, guys.

I hope the demonstration is effective, but above all peaceful.

Whatever happens, dont let any violence break out. That will play directly into Lowelife's hands. If you see someone getting lairy, have a quiet word, and bear in mind that if this site can have plants, so can your demonstration..........

So cutting through all your waffle and guff Sundance , sorry 19 C, are you marching with us today????

I have a lump in my throat..

I have completely changed lots of family arrangements in order to free up the time to participate in the march today.

I march to show I care about my club. I march because it gives me a chance to demonstrate just how badly this club has been run since it became a PLC. I want to show the citizens of Southampton that there are people who still have pride in their football team. I march for all the fans who can't make it because they are dispersed all over the world. I march for all those fans no longer with us who have supported the team loyally ever since 1885. I march out of respect to the great servants of our club - people like Ted Bates, Alan Ball, Peter Osgood, Bobby Stokes, Derek Reeves, John McGrath, Charlie Wayman, Steve Mills, Austin Hayes and many many more.

Come and join in what will be a dignified, peaceful statement. I gather Mary Corbett will be there. I am sure her father would have been proud and totally agreed with the stand we are making.

Rgds Duncan

Excellent post Duncan. I have goose bumps. See you at the bargate.

Rgds Duncan

Rgds Duncan

And you know what Duncan ?

All these Lowe lovies and people putting this protest down as a waste of time and a "i'm staying in the pub" attitude who post on this site will NOT have a clue what you are talking about with this post.

This is an opportunity to show "The Spirit of Southampton" and show the watching public, and through hopefully media coverage, football supporters all over the country that the supporters of Southampton are as passionate about their club as any of them.

See you all there.

I totally agree with this.

Do not be swayed by intimidation of the mindless few, if trouble does raise it's ugly head, dissassociate yourselves from it. It would not be beyond the realms of impossibility that supporters of Lowe will try to infiltrate the march and try and diminish it's purpose.

If at all possible, turn the other cheek from abuse, do not abuse others and remember that the purpose is to march and show your strength and not to fight and show your weakness.

As I can;t be bothered to quote nineteen canteens mails, because I feel his sanity is waning, taking on board his quote, we must remember this, from Lord Byron:

"If we must have a tyrant, let him at least be a gentleman who has been bred to the business, and let us fall by the axe and not by the butcher s cleaver."

IF Lowe were a gentleman, I'm sure there'd be no need for marches and many more would support the other cheek and support this team through thick and thin. BUT, he is not a gentleman, nor is he a leader, we have a right to show him that we disagree with him. He has ignored everything else up till now, it's time he listened to the fans.

Blame is a negative thing, but lack of responsibility is a destructive thing and Lowes lack of responsibility to this club is nothing short of neglect.

The players and coach's deserve better, the City of Southampton deserves better, this march must tell him that the Fans DEMAND better.

Given that Lowe's PR merchants are on here predicting violence and advising us not to take our families along has anyone considered whether there might be a plan to infiltrate the march with some pro-Lowe nutters that would be only too happy to help cause a bit of trouble? Even by simply raising the threat of violence perhaps they hope that numbers might be reduced so that Lowe can dismiss the protest more easily.

For what it's worth I'm unable to make it down to Southampton today but I'll be with those on the march in sentiment. It's good to see that there are some that will do what they can to save SFC from these clowns.

Coming down from Amesbury so do not know southampton too well.

We are being dropped off by west quay and will walk up to bargate castle for 1.15 from there to join up with protest march.

Can someone please let me know the quickest route from west quay

to castle.

Thanks in advance

ALWAYS_SFC

We are being dropped off by west quay and will walk up to bargate castle for 1.15 from there to join up with protest march.

to castle.

Thanks in advance

ALWAYS_SFC

West quay is pretty big, but you want to be on the middle floor and then there is a big line of shops leading down on to the high street. Then you just turn right and the castle is pretty obvious :)

to castle.

Thanks in advance

ALWAYS_SFC

A straight line! You can see the castle from west quay

Great post Dunc

Hope to see you there but my joints are playing me up with the cold weather, although my 2 sons say they will help me walk, if i do not make it i will be waiting outside SMS for the march to arrive and my 2 lads who will walk.

Sundance and Nineteen whatever is partly right Luvvies are a growing % but only because so many anti lowes are quitting the club.

Only fear i have for today is that sone taffy sees the march as some kind of threat to them

Rgds Duncan

Duncan - honorable and true - I hope the vast majority march for the right moral reasons you have outlined.

THIS MARCH HOWEVER NEEDS A CAUSE.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDS....

The world is watching this with interest. A protest like this has not happened anywhere else in the football league this year...

TELL THE WORLD - LOWE/WILDE OUT AND WE WOULD WELCOME A NEW OWNER WITH OPEN ARMS! COME AND BUY US.

That has to be the message today.

Simple - international coverage potentially awaits... tell the world we the fans would welcome a buyer as a hero!

Premiership infrastructure.

Premiership fans.

Premiership history.

Come and buy us!

Ok Thanks :smt053

Never been in west quay,just drive past...

If you are dropped off in the car park layby at the northwest / bottom side of westquay go to the end of the building and up the ramp at the side, cross the road, right to the roundabout, left to the bargate.

If you are dropped off on the southeast/top side just go to the roundabout and left

If you are dropped off in the car park layby at the northwest / bottom side of westquay go to the end of the building and up the ramp at the side, cross the road, right to the roundabout, left to the bargate.

If you are dropped off on the southeast/top side just go to the roundabout and left

better bring a compass

It will be in car park by TGI Fridays....so?

Rgds Duncan

Best of luck, I can't make the bargate, see you at the ground.

If I could have been in the UK today, then I would have been on the march. Whether it does any good is anybodies guess, but if there are as many as 10% of the match attendance on the march then I think that would be an outstanding effort (1500?...2000!!!???).

In my heart I feel that this is going to really surprise a few people, and that it is also going to make a cracking atmosphere for the match and even spur us on to victory. Please don't forget we are also playing a match today! Whatever enthusiasm you generate for the march, double it for the support of the team for 90 minutes. After the match, regardless of win, draw or lose, renew the protests against the board. I hope to be able to see highlights of both the match and the march on youtube tomorrow.

COYR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im of the same opinion , lets make one big voice , the sham the we have had to contend with is beyond a joke now , lets pull together , and maybe an investor will see how passionate the fans are about the club and it is a good investment , without a fan base the club is worthless .

See you there

It will be in car park by TGI Fridays....so?

Turn left, follow the road round, you can see West Quay, to the right/west end of the building, up the ramp, cross the road, hanger right to the roundabout, left to the bargate.

Peaceful demonstrations are the cornerstone of democracy.

Be safe, avoid disrupting those on lawful business or visit, listen to police advice and act accordingly.

An opportunity of sending an important message, don't mess it up.

Good luck.

There is a police escort so I doubt it will kick off.

Peaceful demonstrations are the cornerstone of democracy.

Be safe, avoid disrupting those on lawful business or visit, listen to police advice and act accordingly.

An opportunity of sending an important message, don't mess it up.

Good luck.

Hi Ron, Are you waiting for the march before going in?

I would like to add my personal thanks to those who have endevoured tirelessly to get this off the ground,who have worked to get our plight out into the public domain using various media outlets and kept us all uptodate with developments concerning this march.

Lets make this count towards the begining of a brighter future for Southampton Football Club.