Demonstration for Swansea game- Time and place!!

scott_saints

Are you attending the March  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending the March

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Do the march then get in the ground and 100% behind the team. No squabbles, no anti Pom**y songs, no handbgas with fellow fans just good old fashioned positive support of OUR team. Save the boo's and negative until the end (hoping we won't have to).

The TEAM need our support like never before and you can bet the 3200 Swansea fans will be noisy. Perhaps a 'One Nathan Dyer' beforehand will get them on side and create a great atmosphere.

Boy do we need to get behind them tomorrow.

Do the march then get in the ground and 100% behind the team. No squabbles, no anti Pom**y songs, no handbgas with fellow fans just good old fashioned positive support of OUR team. Save the boo's and negative until the end (hoping we won't have to).

The TEAM need our support like never before and you can bet the 3200 Swansea fans will be noisy. Perhaps a 'One Nathan Dyer' beforehand will get them on side and create a great atmosphere.

that sounds like a sensible plan!

georgeg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWillie

Agree wholeheartedly. Good post.

The lunatic fringe will be the death of this club.

Go and do your little march before the game but don't make idiots of yourselves like you did during the last home match.

its not April 1st is it? - a "little" march attended by hundrerds of fans of all generations - a march we can all involve ourselves in - a massive statement that we are not prepared to put up with this board anymore

arrogance, pomposity and disastrous decision making will be the death of this club - not the fans my friend who will be here far, far longer than the current clowns "in charge" of the club we love

it would be nice to see you there if you care

Go and do your little march before the game but don't make idiots of yourselves like you did during the last home match.

I can't possibly believe there is someone who can say that. Unless you are Joe Lowe, a family friend, employee or something there is no way you can justify saying it is silly doing this march. The death of this club will be Lowe. The club is trying to be SAVED by those marching.

Get ready for a fight with the anti-lowe fans who WILL shout things you don't want to hear when we WILL go 1-0 down.

That rather depends on how the team are playing, doesn't it? The idiots would more likely be the ones who are prepared to pay their £24 or so and tolerate anything that the team produces. If they put in maximum effort and lose, fair enough. But if they are visibly not giving it their all, wouldn't you say that people who have paid their hard-earned cash to be entertained have a right to show their displeasure if they are not getting value for their money? By and large, unless the players are not giving their all, any protests would be aimed at the directors' box, which ought not to affect the players.

It is regrettable though that many have arrived at the stage where having witnessed only one victory at home all season, they are fed up with the team at home anyway and should they go behind to Swansea, it would be entirely understandable if some get agitated through frustration. But if they have lost the match, then I think that the post match protest will be very angry and vociferous.

I'll be on the march and at the match. I reserve the right to protest when and where I want, without anybody telling me.

Reallistically, these are our objective:

1) We want Lowe to stand down, and the club to appoint Someone Else as Chief Executive.

2) We want Wotte immediately sacked. We want all other staff employed by Lowe sacked.

3) We want all staff sacked by Lowe re-employed. This would give us an unbeatable management team of Pearson-Wigley-Sturrock-Poortviet-Gray and not-a-paedophile-Jones

4) We want all players under 23 sent back to the youth team. We want the club to procure a team of experienced senior pros like last season.

And we want it now! COYR!

1) Good

2) Are you sure that everyone on the march wants Wotte immediately sacked?

3) lol

4) You jest.

I can't possibly believe there is someone who can say that. Unless you are Joe Lowe, a family friend, employee or something there is no way you can justify saying it is silly doing this march. The death of this club will be Lowe. The club is trying to be SAVED by those marching.

Get ready for a fight with the anti-lowe fans who WILL shout things you don't want to hear when we WILL go 1-0 down.

I think it is odd's on that Swansea will beat us 5-0. They scored 3 & 4 in their last two games. I hope we do get thrashed because it will bring everything to a head along with this March.

Just got back from St Mary's and some of the stadium staff had the metal barriers positioned from the edge of the megastore and the edge of the ticket office and the whole of the front of the stadium cordoned off. The barriers were in such a way as there will be no access to the front of the stadium around Ted's statue!

Anybody would think they are expecting some sort of protest!!!

Just got back from St Mary's and some of the stadium staff had the metal barriers positioned from the edge of the megastore and the edge of the ticket office and the whole of the front of the stadium cordoned off. The barriers were in such a way as there will be no access to the front of the stadium around Ted's statue!

Anybody would think they are expecting some sort of protest!!!

That'll work Rupert, so how do we get to the turnstiles for the Itchen.

georgeg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWillie

Agree wholeheartedly. Good post.

Yes,get behind the team!

As much as I would like to be there with you guys tomorrow, work commitments have made it impossible, hence my slowness at putting my name down. But whilst I was sitting here working tonight, I had a moment of pen to paper and penned a song for you all, hope you like it, to the tune of my old mans a dustman:

His name is Rupert J G Lowe

He's the Chairman of the board

But when Southamptons struggerling

He's f*cking off abroad;

He promised total football

But sent out the reserves

And now he wants our money

He'll get what he deserves

F*ck All, F*ck All, F*ck All, F*ck All...

Why I won't be going on the demo tomorrow....

Me, the missus and my mum (season ticket holders in Kingsland) have just had a chat and decided we won't be attending the demo tomorrow.

A fair summary of our thoughts (in rough order of importance) would be as follows:

1. It's not obvious what "positive" thing the demo wants. It's not as if sacking Lowe and,say, bringing back Crouch is a clear-cut, nailed-on solution. It's not even obvious this is what the demonstrators want to achieve.

2. Although we really want to vent our spleens about the catastrophic fall of the club from FA Cup Finalists (and 8th in the Premiership) to Championship relegation fodder, we're not really sure what we would do to reverse this grim trend.

3. Southampton Leisure Holdings can now be bought for a grand sum of about £6m. Whilst this is an amount of money several 0000s out of our own pockets, we reckon that if there really is a collective will shared by thousands of fellow supporters to change things, this should not be a difficult amount to raise to acquire a controlling stake.

4. The "manifesto" of the march may end up becoming even less clear and even less reasoned. E.g. sack Wotte; don't sell Surman or whatever. Such pleas may or may not be wise, but should be stated in advance. Our guess is that it's just going to descend into angry nonsense.

5. We still want to "keep the faith". So, rather pathetically I guess, we want to have a nice drink in the pub beforehand and then scream on the lads to victory agaist Swansea. In the (optimistic) belief that we will actualy win! We think that attending the demo might put us into a "we will lose and it might be better if we did" mindset. Maybe that's lame, but we all travel from many miles away to get to home games (and a fair few away games) as season ticket holders - and as pernnial optimists, not as political activists.

6. At the moment, we all still feel sad - rather than angry.

None of this is to question those fans who do turn up and march. I know you love this club too. Okay, they're may be one or two "chavs" or "troublemakers", but I'm sure the vast majority on the demo will be red and white, through and through.

Just wanted to explain why me, the mrs and my mum won't be with you this time.

Well fair enough Saint Bobby thats your view and i respect that.

I can only put my views across for attending the march as such...

1-Lowe out.

2-Wilde out.

3-Anyone whos Dutch,Wotte,coaches,trainers etc out.

But dont get me wrong.Its not all negatives.

After the demo before the game,i will go to the match and cheer the team on for the full 90 minutes.

Win,lose or draw i will always be a fan of Southampton FC and always support the team.

Its just the idiots in charge who i want gone and feel strongly enough to want to protest.

Although may i add,this is just my views on why im attending the protest.

Well go luck with your march, your gonna need it.

I suspect they'll be a few hundred, most of whom won't have a clue what they are actually trying to achieve except "Lowe out".

Whilst they'll be thousands attending the match, refusing to get involved and showing their support in a positive way. If they are more on the march than those inside the ground then i'll admit i'm wrong but I doubt it.

Someone should if they feel so strongly about the situation Saints boycott the club until their demands are met, give the players and real fans a rest from all the bitterness feuding ala Doncaster infighting.

Well fair enough Saint Bobby thats your view and i respect that.

I can only put my views across for attending the march as such...

1-Lowe out.

2-Wilde out.

3-Anyone whos Dutch,Wotte,coaches,trainers etc out.

But dont get me wrong.Its not all negatives.

After the demo before the game,i will go to the match and cheer the team on for the full 90 minutes.

Win,lose or draw i will always be a fan of Southampton FC and always support the team.

Its just the idiots in charge who i want gone and feel strongly enough to want to protest.

Although may i add,this is just my views on why im attending the protest.

Do you actually believe point 3?

Being Dutch should be a total barrier to being on the payroll of the club ?

I don't doubt that you'll cheer on the team, by the way, and don't want to even touch the nonsense of "who is a true supporter?" etc etc.

Each to their own I guess.

A shedload of true Saints' fans will be on this demo. The sort of folk, who like me, will still support the club 100% even if we're in Blue Square South.

I guess I'm just worried the demo's a bit "brainless". My heart over head time is when I'm cheering on Southampton as a fan. For the rest of my life, I'm a boring rationalist!

Why I won't be going on the demo tomorrow....

Me, the missus and my mum (season ticket holders in Kingsland) have just had a chat and decided we won't be attending the demo tomorrow.

A fair summary of our thoughts (in rough order of importance) would be as follows:

1. It's not obvious what "positive" thing the demo wants.

Lowe Out, Wilde Out, Crouch in.

It's not as if sacking Lowe and,say, bringing back Crouch is a clear-cut, nailed-on solution. It's not even obvious this is what the demonstrators want to achieve.

I presumed that's what they wanted. Crouch is the only current alternative so him coming in in the short term is the deal solution IMO.

2. Although we really want to vent our spleens about the catastrophic fall of the club from FA Cup Finalists (and 8th in the Premiership) to Championship relegation fodder, we're not really sure what we would do to reverse this grim trend.

Well going on the march is not exactly going to hrt things and it's a good show of solidarity within the fanbase. Coupled with media coverage it should at the very least give the likes of Wilde something to think about. Anything which does this legally i welcomed IMO.

3. Southampton Leisure Holdings can now be bought for a grand sum of about £6m. Whilst this is an amount of money several 0000s out of our own pockets, we reckon that if there really is a collective will shared by thousands of fellow supporters to change things, this should not be a difficult amount to raise to acquire a controlling stake.

Agreed. That doesn't stop you going on the march though.

4. The "manifesto" of the march may end up becoming even less clear and even less reasoned. E.g. sack Wotte; don't sell Surman or whatever. Such pleas may or may not be wise, but should be stated in advance. Our guess is that it's just going to descend into angry nonsense.

If it does then I'm leaving. There's not much point in saying "well it'll descend into violence" based on no evidence before you've even given it a chance. The march for me is to get rid of Lowe and Wilde and appoint Crouch. I believe it is a general protest against the current running of SFC so really it can mean whatever you want it to mean. If you disagree with the way things are going then come along!

5. We still want to "keep the faith". So, rather pathetically I guess, we want to have a nice drink in the pub beforehand and then scream on the lads to victory agaist Swansea. In the (optimistic) belief that we will actualy win! We think that attending the demo might put us into a "we will lose and it might be better if we did" mindset.

Fair enough but surely it sends a stronger message if you protest regardless of any result? Would be great if we won convincingly and then there was a big protest following the game against Lowe. We won't be united in the long term whatever short term success we gain under Lowe IMO.

Maybe that's lame, but we all travel from many miles away to get to home games (and a fair few away games) as season ticket holders - and as pernnial optimists, not as political activists.

It's not political. I'm just a fan and I'm unhappy. Many other fans are so here is a chance to express our displeasure!

6. At the moment, we all still feel sad - rather than angry.

Yet you want to "vent your spleen"? That's a little contradictory.

None of this is to question those fans who do turn up and march. I know you love this club too. Okay, they're may be one or two "chavs" or "troublemakers", but I'm sure the vast majority on the demo will be red and white, through and through.

Then why did you say you expected trouble? With the police presence I bet there won't be.

Just wanted to explain why me, the mrs and my mum won't be with you this time.

No offence but what did you think expressing your opinion would achieve? OK you're not going but I think some of your views are a bit misguided. I look forward to seeing as many saints fans there as possible. It would be brilliant if you too could reconsider (or at least join in if you see us at the stadium.)

Some really good points, hypo.

To tackle the one-by-one.

1. If the protestors do want Crouch back, then argue for it and demand it. I'm not sure I'm persuaded, but it's a least a solution of sorts. But i haven't seen anything to suggest there will shouts of "WE WANT LEON BACK, WE WANT LEON BACK". Maybe I'm wrong.

2. If I am wrong, fine. If Leon is on the march and ready to lead a new regime, I'm willin to make him something approaching a Martin Luther King figure in my own Saints-obsessed mind. My fear is that it's all going to be "RUPERT LOWE, WHAT A ******, WHAT A ******" (repeat to fade) instead.

3. I didn't say it would descend into violence. I hope not. I suspect not. I said I feared it would descend into "angry nonsense". I'm not a "serial demonstrator" so I don't know how these things work, really. But my abiding memory of the anti-poll tax demo (which I went on) was not the violence afterwards in Trafalgar Square but the chants of "burn it down, burn it down, burn it down" as we walked pass the Houses of Parliament. And "Ceaucescu's gone, Thatcher's next" as we walked past Downing Street. Gross and stupid.

4. You're right, of course, about divorcing the match from the demo. My preference would be for a demonstartion to be held totally seperate from the match e.g. a Thursday evening. I understand why the demo is being held so clsoe to kick-off, but if we really care that much, let's do it on Tuesday or Thursday rather than mesh it in within 105 minutes of a very important home game.

5. I did't say I expected "trouble". Most of all, I fear inanity, I think. Unfortuantely, on any sort of gathering on a scale of this, there will be a tiny number of "attention seekers". I am guessing if tehre are 500 people on the march, about 5 will be there to want to cause "some excitement". Scale up (or down) accordingly....

6. You're right on my conflict of wishing to "vent spleen" but being unpersuaded about this demo. That's just me I guess. Burbling in a bar about how the world is crap cos Saints lost at home again...and this just proves God doesn't exist...is kinda what I do. But if I vent my spleen in an "organised way", I always think it through.

On your very last point...

"What did you thinkexpressing your opinion would achieve?".

I dunno.

I just hope - and like - a lot of people contributing to debate. On this forum, I just say what I think. No agenda. No targets. No boxes to tick. No results expected or planned for, really.

And you also say "I think some of your views are a bit misguided".

Well, of course, you disagree with my views on this subject, I guess. I'm assuming "misguided" means I reached a slightly different conclusion with very similar premises...

Thanks a lot for your thoughts though. I genuinely will think again.

All good points Bobby but I don't wish to clog up the board. Have to say though it's a pleasure to be able to debate things in a sensible manner. Apologies if I came across in any way confrontational though. With regards my misguided comment, it was mainly because I felt you were writing it off before it had even begun. I'm under no illusions and I realise that it could descend into angry nonsense but I have faith that there will be a lot of like-minded saints fans who just want to send a message to the outside world (and hopefully to those in charge.) After all what's the alternative? Get drunk and depressed? Punch other fans in the stands? There's a chance that this could actually be really constructive and I'm going to go along with an open mind. I hope I'm not let down!

Lowe/Wilde etc are unlikely to sell at less than 40p which is about £12m. That's why nobody will make an offer.

like you i cannot see that happening so maybe i will join the pro administration party because i just cannot see how we are getting out of this vicious circle.

Do you actually believe point 3?

Being Dutch should be a total barrier to being on the payroll of the club ?

I don't doubt that you'll cheer on the team, by the way, and don't want to even touch the nonsense of "who is a true supporter?" etc etc.

Each to their own I guess.

A shedload of true Saints' fans will be on this demo. The sort of folk, who like me, will still support the club 100% even if we're in Blue Square South.

I guess I'm just worried the demo's a bit "brainless". My heart over head time is when I'm cheering on Southampton as a fan. For the rest of my life, I'm a boring rationalist!

To try and answer your points SaintBobby,

Of course the fact that being Dutch shouldnt make a difference.Im sorry if i gave the opinion that because of their nationality im against them.Im not.Im only against them because they are the cheap Lowe option.In other words in my opinion they will fail,like all the other cheap Lowe choices.

Thanks for not getting into the "True supporter" rubbish because like you i think everyone supports the club in their own way.

Agree with your next point.

Supporters who can be bothered to attend,will in my opinion,be the ones more likely to get behind the team.

Your last point about the demo being brainless is wrong.

This is the first of many things that we can do.This is just the lesser of things that can put our view across.We could for example have mass boycotts,not buy things from the club,picket the club etc.

But hopefully it wont come to that.

Though i dont think you are brainless.

No offence but what did you think expressing your opinion would achieve? OK you're not going but I think some of your views are a bit misguided. I look forward to seeing as many saints fans there as possible. It would be brilliant if you too could reconsider (or at least join in if you see us at the stadium.)

Lowe/Wilde etc are unlikely to sell at less than 40p which is about £12m. That's why nobody will make an offer.

Well, okay £6m? £12M?

My point is that a controlling stake is somewhere around £3m - £6m.

Obviously, the share price rises is/when a serious bid hits the radar (look at the share price when that toal bullsh8t about Paul Allen become common currency).

Even at an inflated price of £12m, this is £6.1m to buy a controlling stake.

At the lowest level, that's about £6.09m more than I could hope to afford presonally. But, with 5,000 or 10,0000 others?

This is like buying an expensive house. Okay, a VERYexpensive house.

But, for chrissake (literally), parish churches - with congreagtions measured in dozens - regularly raise £250,000 - £500,000 or more to repair the roof.

We are a major football club in the homeland of football. We are the tenth largest city in England. And in a relatively affluent area.

If we care this much, the figure should be achievable. Easily.

I wouldn't say it's "chump change". But there is a certain "p*ss or get off the pot" level. It's a few million quid to bring about a controlling stake on behalf of the fans.

How much do the fans care? A tenner each? A hundred quid each? A grand each? More?

And how many fans are there?

In the new football world, tragically, it comes down to cash. £6m or so should not be a big ask for a fanbase like ours.

To try and answer your points SaintBobby,

Of course the fact that being Dutch shouldnt make a difference.Im sorry if i gave the opinion that because of their nationality im against them.Im not.Im only against them because they are the cheap Lowe option.In other words in my opinion they will fail,like all the other cheap Lowe choices.

Thanks for not getting into the "True supporter" rubbish because like you i think everyone supports the club in their own way.

Agree with your next point.

Supporters who can be bothered to attend,will in my opinion,be the ones more likely to get behind the team.

Your last point about the demo being brainless is wrong.

This is the first of many things that we can do.This is just the lesser of things that can put our view across.We could for example have mass boycotts,not buy things from the club,picket the club etc.

But hopefully it wont come to that.

Though i dont think you are brainless.

Wasn't trying to sugegst that those organising or going on the demo are brainless. In the case of the former it takes a lot of smartness to organise and in the case of the latter, it takes a lot of thought - and a lot of time on both parts.

I just hope there are leaflets, or a press release, or a banner, or something...that sets out what is wanted. What is being demanded.

If it's just - basically - "LOWE OUT", I don't think that's enough.

All good points Bobby but I don't wish to clog up the board. Have to say though it's a pleasure to be able to debate things in a sensible manner. Apologies if I came across in any way confrontational though. With regards my misguided comment, it was mainly because I felt you were writing it off before it had even begun. I'm under no illusions and I realise that it could descend into angry nonsense but I have faith that there will be a lot of like-minded saints fans who just want to send a message to the outside world (and hopefully to those in charge.) After all what's the alternative? Get drunk and depressed? Punch other fans in the stands? There's a chance that this could actually be really constructive and I'm going to go along with an open mind. I hope I'm not let down!

Thanks for your reply, hypo.

Confrontation is part and parcel of these sort of forums, but they are still v valubale in finding peopel who want to talk about stuff.

Don't think you need to worry about clogging up the board - it's already VERY clogged.

Just a thought...."After all what's the alternative? Get drunk and depressed? Punch other fans in the stands? "

I always think you should start any venture by being clear about what "success looks like". Ok, that sounds all ****y and PR-ish. But it's also true. E.g the demo should NOT be measured by (a) how many people go on it or (b) how quickly Lowe resigns © how good the people go on it feel about themselves and the "cause" afterwards or (d) how much coverage is given to it in the Daily Echo. All of these things are marker posts in what should be a clearer battle, with clear objectives.

I think the "alternative" is pretty clear. But is a grimmer thing to swallow than the relatively easy proposition of demonstrating at 1.15pm tommorrow.

In my honest view, the "alternative" is trying to organise a buy-out of the club. Either by fans or by a serious (and preferably legal!) investor.

Yep. It's several million quid.

Yep. It potentially means hard-pressed (and p*ssed off) season ticket holders dipping even further into their increasingly empty pockets.

Nope. It's not an easy "sell".

But I think that's where we need to get to.

Well here we are on the eve of the big march and looking at the Saints forum tonight, home of the most fanatical section of our supporters we have only 45% of those who voted saying they will attend. A total of 204 fans many of whom would have voted without being able to come along I suspect either through 'work commitments', location or to simply up the ante. I suspect 200 will be about the total made up of genuine fans, youths spoiling for a fight and then the figureheads whose reasons for supporting the demonstration are more to do with their own personal agendas and grievances against Lowe than whether he is the best man to take the club forward or not.

Despite everyone's best intentions, peaceful demonstrations to some 'football fans' are an anathema and I genuinely fear for the safety of those who feel happy taking their children on this march having witnessed some of the unsavoury scenes at the Doncaster game and having since identifed and been surprised by some of those involved. I hope it remains peaceful but I suspect judging by some of the comments on this thread fights will undoubtedly break out as some of the more rabid anti-lowe factions and those not even interested in our predictament revert to aggression and violence instead of words.

What's really sad this will surely have a negative impact on the players before they even get to the ground and with fans wishing they are defeated just so they can make their demonstration even more 'laudable' then you surely have to question what is the real purpose of this demonstration. Makes you wonder what Killer makes of it all, a Lowe appointment and therefore one that the demonstrators will want removed glancing through some of the more ridiculous posts and its these posts that are worrying and suggest a few idiots will be in tow so watch yourselves.

The last time Lowe was removed the fans were able to get behind an alternative campagn but this time its Lowe out, Wilde out and then what? Crouch? All I can say is don't believe his own hype and whilst he talked a good game, Crouch didn't have the courage to back his own convictions as his main priority as always was to curry favour with the fans or sit back and wait or say I told you so. That's an easy game to play and most of us footie fans play it very well.

So we will have 200 fanatics trying to cajole and rile the vast majority of fans in the ground. Those fans who make up the middle ground who prefer to support and identify with the plight the club or remain simply conscientious objectors perhaps to both sids of the argument. I trust that when the majority ask the minority to sit down so they can enjoy the game we don't see alledgedly grown and considered respectable men becoming aggressive with women and children or families or any fan objecting to their aggression. Remember there are two sides to the argument and those who wish not to take part also have their rights so please respect them. That did not happen at the Doncaster game and I am concerned about tomorrows events and more so about the impact on the game. If we go a goal down and it all kicks off you the demonstrators will be playing a major part in our downfall along with you nemesis and that is not clever in any General's book.

I have never felt so impassioned when tonight I type COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, this is Tom again on Bens account.

PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THIS AS I FEEL IT FURTHER OUTLINES PEOPLE QUERIES ABOUT THE MARCH

In the demonstration we want to express the fact to wide media coverage that saints fans are united in wanting change in the boardroom. I understand that Leon Crouch is prepared to step into the ''limelight'' as it were and take charge of the footballing decisions in the club again and this is what we want to achieve. We want Lowe and Wilde to step aside from making footballing decisions (and leave the club for good if someone could financially support this) as they quite obviously have no idea what they are doing and just seem to make mistake after mistake.

After the Donnie game we were fed up, as were 99% of supporters, at the fact that people feel the time and place to protest is during the game. This is not the time or place to do such a thing and this is why we have decided to organise a demonstration of our opinion before the match. Spontaneous protests do have greater impact this is true but usually because they are violent and for this reason we decided it would be much better to organise something, that the police are involved in the running of, that will be totally peaceful.

Just to reiterate that we have gone to every length (and will continue to tomorrow) to ensure that this is peaceful and that we can all voice our opinion in a civilised manner to as much media as possible. We have a large turnout from the police on the march and any uncivilised incidents will be dealt with swiftly.

To all the doubters, I hope that this post will help you in your decision if you are unsure as to whether to join us or not. Please remember that we all feel the same about the current situation the club is in and all just want to be done with this mess so we can move forward again as a united SFC and this seems at the moment as the very best way that we can achieve it.

Thanks for your time and we hope to see your support tomorrow :)

P.S. JUST TO ADD, PEOPLE WILL PROTEST WHATEVER HAPPENS, AS WE SAW AT THE DONNIE GAME. THE WHOLE POINT OF THE MARCH IS SO THAT PEOPLE CAN PROTEST AND VOICE THEIR OPINIONS BEFORE THE GAME THEN SUPPORT THE TEAM. BY ORGANISING THIS MARCH WE HAVE NOT ASKED PEOPLE TO PROTEST OR CHANGE THEIR OPINION, WE ARE JUST TRYING AS HARD AS WE CAN TO MAKE PEOPLE DO IT IN A MORE ORGANISED WAY RATHER THAN JUST KICKING OFF IN THE GROUND SPONTANEOUSLY. I FULLY UNDERSTAND THE VIEWS OF THOSE NOT WANTING TO PROTEST AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT, I WOULD JUST PREFER THAT WE VOICE OUR OPINION IN A MORE PRODUCTIVE MANNER RATHER THAN EMBARRESING OURSELVES AS WE DID TWO WEEKS AGO. FOR ONCE LETS UNITE AND TRY TO GET SOMETHING DONE IN A CIVILISED WAY.

Edited by Thorpe-le-Saint

Well here we are on the eve of the big march and looking at the Saints forum tonight, home of the most fanatical section of our supporters we have only 45% of those who voted saying they will attend. A total of 204 fans many of whom would have voted without being able to come along I suspect either through 'work commitments', location or to simply up the ante. I suspect 200 will be about the total made up of genuine fans, youths spoiling for a fight and then the figureheads whose reasons for supporting the demonstration are more to do with their own personal agendas and grievances against Lowe than whether he is the best man to take the club forward or not.

Despite everyone's best intentions, peaceful demonstrations to some 'football fans' are an anathema and I genuinely fear for the safety of those who feel happy taking their children on this march having witnessed some of the unsavoury scenes at the Doncaster game and having since identifed and been surprised by some of those involved. I hope it remains peaceful but I suspect judging by some of the comments on this thread fights will undoubtedly break out as some of the more rabid anti-lowe factions and those not even interested in our predictament revert to aggression and violence instead of words.

What's really sad this will surely have a negative impact on the players before they even get to the ground and with fans wishing they are defeated just so they can make their demonstration even more 'laudable' then you surely have to question what is the real purpose of this demonstration. Makes you wonder what Killer makes of it all, a Lowe appointment and therefore one that the demonstrators will want removed glancing through some of the more ridiculous posts and its these posts that are worrying and suggest a few idiots will be in tow so watch yourselves.

The last time Lowe was removed the fans were able to get behind an alternative campagn but this time its Lowe out, Wilde out and then what? Crouch? All I can say is don't believe his own hype and whilst he talked a good game, Crouch didn't have the courage to back his own convictions as his main priority as always was to curry favour with the fans or sit back and wait or say I told you so. That's an easy game to play and most of us footie fans play it very well.

So we will have 200 fanatics trying to cajole and rile the vast majority of fans in the ground. Those fans who make up the middle ground who prefer to support and identify with the plight the club or remain simply conscientious objectors perhaps to both sids of the argument. I trust that when the majority ask the minority to sit down so they can enjoy the game we don't see alledgedly grown and considered respectable men becoming aggressive with women and children or families or any fan objecting to their aggression. Remember there are two sides to the argument and those who wish not to take part also have their rights so please respect them. That did not happen at the Doncaster game and I am concerned about tomorrows events and more so about the impact on the game. If we go a goal down and it all kicks off you the demonstrators will be playing a major part in our downfall along with you nemesis and that is not clever in any General's book.

I have never felt so impassioned when tonight I type COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the protest passes peacefully, and many thousands turn out you will eat your words.

And if they don't I will eat mine. Isn't it wonderful, this period of anticipation, not knowing what the future will hold, not knowing whether this is the catalyst for change?

Whatever happens tommorow a statement will be made. And that it needed to be made in the first place will say enough, a dying club can speak, and here it does so.

Indeed. COYR, to a brighter future. One way or another.

Momentum is building 'Canteen,' and even if tomorrow is stillborn, it will only snowball afterwards.

Saints do have a bright future ahead, a Lowe-less future. Swansea, Hull, hell, even the Skates show what can be done when bad chairmen are disposed of. And when Lowe, and his shadow is removed Saints will have a chance to grow again.

Come on you Saints. The fans make the club.

Edited by Colinjb

PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME TO READ THIS AS I FEEL IT FURTHER OUTLINES PEOPLE QUERIES ABOUT THE MARCH

In the demonstration we want to express the fact to wide media coverage that saints fans are united in wanting change in the boardroom. I understand that Leon Crouch is prepared to step into the ''limelight'' as it were and take charge of the footballing decisions in the club again and this is what we want to achieve. We want Lowe and Wilde to step aside from making footballing decisions (and leave the club for good if someone could financially support this) as they quite obviously have no idea what they are doing and just seem to make mistake after mistake.

After the Donnie game we were fed up, as were 99% of supporters, at the fact that people feel the time and place to protest is during the game. This is not the time or place to do such a thing and this is why we have decided to organise a demonstration of our opinion before the match. Spontaneous protests do have greater impact this is true but usually because they are violent and for this reason we decided it would be much better to organise something, that the police are involved in the running of, that will be totally peaceful.

Just to reiterate that we have gone to every length (and will continue to tomorrow) to ensure that this is peaceful and that we can all voice our opinion in a civilised manner to as much media as possible. We have a large turnout from the police on the march and any uncivilised incidents will be dealt with swiftly.

To all the doubters, I hope that this post will help you in your decision if you are unsure as to whether to join us or not. Please remember that we all feel the same about the current situation the club is in and all just want to be done with this mess so we can move forward again as a united SFC and this seems at the moment as the very best way that we can achieve it.

P.S. JUST TO ADD, PEOPLE WILL PROTEST WHATEVER HAPPENS, AS WE SAW AT THE DONNIE GAME. THE WHOLE POINT OF THE MARCH IS SO THAT PEOPLE CAN PROTEST AND VOICE THEIR OPINIONS BEFORE THE GAME THEN SUPPORT THE TEAM. BY ORGANISING THIS MARCH WE HAVE NOT ASKED PEOPLE TO PROTEST WE ARE JUST TRYING AS HARD AS WE CAN TO MAKE PEOPLE DO IT IN A MORE ORGANISED WAY RATHER THAN JUST KICKING OFF IN THE GROUND SPONTANEOUSLY. I FULLY UNDERSTAND THE VIEWS OF THOSE NOT WANTING TO PROTEST ANS HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT, I WOULD JUST PREFER THAT WE VOICE OUR OPINION IN A MORE PRODUCTIVE MANNER RATHER THAN EMBARRESING OURSELVES AS WE DID TWO WEEKS AGO. FOR ONCE LETS UNITE AND TRY TO GET SOMETHING DONE IN A CIVILISED WAY.

Tom isn't this all a bit eleventh hour finally coming up with your alternative proposal. At least you now have one and I am 'surprised' that Crouch is 'prepared' to step into the limelight. Not sure if you were at the Donacster game but 99% supporters were sadden by the result as any defeat but more so by the action of the minority and whilst you can waste scarce police resource on policing your march you won't be able to control what goes on in the stadium nicely stoked up by your demonstration and I assume your caveat in the final paragraph is an attempt to absolve you of any responsibility from a repeat of the scenes at the Doncaster game. Very odd that Ben has never been able to join the forum himself as most fans with a real passion for the club this place is like a magnet. All very odd but I wish you a safe march and that you don't stoke the fires of aggression of those on the march that it ruins the game for everyone else.

Only the minority of our fans can turn a home game into a seething pot of hatred and have our players fearing every misplaced past or mistake. They deserve better but I doubt this has crossed your's or Mr Crouch's mind. Crouch in charge of the footballing decisions? Dear god what makes him any better qualified than Lowe and Wilde in that department? You don't need a long memory to work that out but if you can't get yourself some programmes from last january and read his fan friendly bullsh1t.

Tom isn't this all a bit eleventh hour finally coming up with your alternative proposal. At least you now have one and I am 'surprised' that Crouch is 'prepared' to step into the limelight. Not sure if you were at the Donacster game but 99% supporters were sadden by the result as any defeat but more so by the action of the minority and whilst you can waste scarce police resource on policing your march you won't be able to control what goes on in the stadium nicely stoked up by your demonstration and I assume your caveat in the final paragraph is an attempt to absolve you of any responsibility from a repeat of the scenes at the Doncaster game. Very odd that Ben has never been able to join the forum himself as most fans with a real passion for the club this place is like a magnet. All very odd but I wish you a safe march and that you don't stoke the fires of aggression of those on the march that it ruins the game for everyone else.

Only the minority of our fans can turn a home game into a seething pot of hatred and have our players fearing every misplaced past or mistake. They deserve better but I doubt this has crossed your's or Mr Crouch's mind. Crouch in charge of the footballing decisions? Dear god what makes him any better qualified than Lowe and Wilde in that department? You don't need a long memory to work that out but if you can't get yourself some programmes from last january and read his fan friendly bullsh1t.

How much are you paid Canteen? I'll double it. ;)

Lowe is the most devisive figure in this club's history. He wants to unite the fanbase, it can only happen one way, his departure. Right and wrong no longer matters, its all become a soupy shade of grey, Lowe is just too controversial to continue.

As for 'pot of hatred,' try 'pot of dissapointment.'

Edited by Colinjb

P.S. JUST TO ADD, PEOPLE WILL PROTEST WHATEVER HAPPENS, AS WE SAW AT THE DONNIE GAME. THE WHOLE POINT OF THE MARCH IS SO THAT PEOPLE CAN PROTEST AND VOICE THEIR OPINIONS BEFORE THE GAME THEN SUPPORT THE TEAM. BY ORGANISING THIS MARCH WE HAVE NOT ASKED PEOPLE TO PROTEST OR CHANGE THEIR OPINION, WE ARE JUST TRYING AS HARD AS WE CAN TO MAKE PEOPLE DO IT IN A MORE ORGANISED WAY RATHER THAN JUST KICKING OFF IN THE GROUND SPONTANEOUSLY. I FULLY UNDERSTAND THE VIEWS OF THOSE NOT WANTING TO PROTEST AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH IT, I WOULD JUST PREFER THAT WE VOICE OUR OPINION IN A MORE PRODUCTIVE MANNER RATHER THAN EMBARRESING OURSELVES AS WE DID TWO WEEKS AGO. FOR ONCE LETS UNITE AND TRY TO GET SOMETHING DONE IN A CIVILISED WAY.

Noble sentiments indeed.

I don't share the views of some posters that this is in anyway a thuggish exercise. I didn't like the atmosphere in the 2nd half of the Donny game, but that's no fault of the demo organisers at all. They seem to be doing all they possibly can to ensure that everything is open and peaceable and straight forward. Much credit to them for this.

But...

The opening lines of this post indicate to me the frankly vacuous nature of the protest.

I take it to mean that the purposes and aims of the demo are as follows:

1. To secure widespread media coverage of the antipathy of Saints fans to the present board.

2. To place Leon Crouch in charge of footballing decisions at the club. He is - we are told - "willing to step into the "limelight" as it were"

3. To remove Wilde and Lowe from the club entirely as/if/when alternative financial arrangements are in place.

In my view, this doesn't amount to much of a "programme for government".

I really do admire those who put so much work into bringing the fanbase together. I'm certain their motives are good. It's even possible that the demo might trigger a whole range of connections and networks that are good for the club and the fans. I'm semi-tempted to tag along just for these reasons.

But, at present, (and apologies for my lack of rhythmn and poetry), the sort of chants we would expect to hear tomorrow (if they sum up the ideas and aims of the demo) would be along the following lines:

Chant 1

"WHAT DO WE WANT?"

"The media to take notice of our discontent with the present board of Southampton Leisure Holdings"

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?"

"Now"

Chant 2

"WHAT DO WE WANT?"

"Leon Crouch back in the limelight as it were"

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?"

"Now"

Chant 3

"WHAT DO WE WANT?"

"Lowe and Wilde out"

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?"

"As financial circumstances permit"

Okay, I know that all sounds a bit p*ss taking. And I do know that the fans demonstrating want the best for the club and care passionately about it. I'm just shrugging my shoulders a bit about the actual things the demo wants.

I love the idea of fans getting together to build a real network and community. But, to me, this just feels a bit like an ill thought-out "group hug" and that isn't really my thing.

Your right this is a bit late but tbh we havent even been totally aware of the coverage on this forum until very recently as the protest was set up on facebook. The reason we decided to start this march is because we ourselves were saddened by the scenes and decided that as the majority of saints fans agree that it is time for change then it is about time we did something about it in the proper way instead of just seeing fans kicking of in the stands etc... which is embaressing and detremental to the club.

Either way, thankyou for your wishes of good luck, I appreciate it but I hope it is not needed. Lets agree to disagree on this one but agree with one other thing that during the game we want full support of the team. Up the saints!