Cortese out

Saints foreva

[Flak jacket on]

Hang on a sec guys.

As many will know, I've been a massive fan of Adkins throughout his tenure, wanted to see him rewarded with a long term contract and and absolultey gutted that that he has been sacked, let me make that clear first.

But we know Cortese is his own person, and if he feels this is going to take us on to the next level, then he must stand or fall by that decision. I'm not happy about, purely because I thought Adkins was a fantastic manager and had a huge amount of potential, but I'm also not going to jump down Cortese's throat for having the balls to make such a decision. I don't agree with his decision, but I respect that ultimately he's in charge now, (no doubt advised by Les Reed and others) and this decision must be judged on the results and progress (or otherwise) that we make going forward.

I don't know why this decision has been made right now. It seems very odd.

Having said that, whilst Adkins has done an excellent job, it has been clear from the day Marcus bought us that Cortese is the main man. He is the executive and he is in charge. It is also clear that, so far, he has done an exceptional job. I am shocked this decision has been made at this stage but statements like "**** off you ****" just show the speakers to be sad little children with limited brainpower. Unfortunately, I suspect there may be quite a few such people attending our matches so I expect the atmosphere to be somewhat odd at our next game (unless we start winning).

[Flak jacket on]

Hang on a sec guys.

As many will know, I've been a massive fan of Adkins throughout his tenure, wanted to see him rewarded with a long term contract and and absolultey gutted that that he has been sacked, let me make that clear first.

But we know Cortese is his own person, and if he feels this is going to take us on to the next level, then he must stand or fall by that decision. I'm not happy about, purely because I thought Adkins was a fantastic manager and had a huge amount of potential, but I'm also not going to jump down Cortese's throat for having the balls to make such a decision. I don't agree with his decision, but I respect that ultimately he's in charge now, (no doubt advised by Les Reed and others) and this decision must be judged on the results and progress (or otherwise) that we make going forward.

Agree completely. As much of a shock as it is and I disagree with it. But we must remember that no one is bigger than the club, no one is untouchable and the bottom line is all I want is for Southampton to successful. If this man delivers it without breaking the bank then so be it. if this guy gets the best out of us and gets us pushing on up the league then we would have to say it it was a great move.

Just hope this doesn't come back to bite NC in the ass.

[Flak jacket on]

Hang on a sec guys.

Entitled to your opinion but there's more then results to measure a football club. We could go on and stonk europe but I'd never respect Cortese. Sacking a manager mid season after backing him, sneaking behind his back and lining this guy up. "southampton way" my f***king a**e!

[Flak jacket on]

Hang on a sec guys.

In agreement.

I posed the question a few months back that just as we had jettisoned/sidelined Hammond, Barnard, Sharp, Butterfield etc, would Cortese do the same and think Adkins was good Lg 1 & Champs manager, he was not Prem quality.

Quite a negative response but it's sat with me for a while.

Dont agree with decison, think Adkins was doing well in top flight after 2 fantastic seasons and had brought us success and stability.

Entitled to your opinion but there's more then results to measure a football club. We could go on and stonk europe but I'd never respect Cortese. Sacking a manager mid season after backing him, sneaking behind his back and lining this guy up. "southampton way" my f***king a**e!
Exactly. Most Saints fans I know aren't bothered about "going onto the next level" whatever the f**k that means - they just want a decent, honest, hard-working club that will have a crack - exactly what we were doing under Adkins and one of the reasons why he was so popular with the fans - there is more to supporting a football club than just winning games.

Rumours I know but:

1. Heard before Christmas that Cortese had turned down a bid for the club. Could it be that IF this info was kosher perhaps this MAY have something to do with future managerial arrangements

2. From a better source (via a builder working on Cortese's house), our Chairman does not expect to be here beyond 2 years

That's fair enough. I actually agree, but then the whole of football has long since left any honour or respect behind, and so to expect any at our own club, as much as we'd like to see it, is a bit naive IMO nowadays.

Custodian of the club? **** off I would sooner be in league two than have treat a manager like this. Nigel totally turned it around and this is a disgrace.

As has been said though, we treat players like it all the time and many fans seem to accept that as 'the norm'... where is the line drawn?

Exactly. Most Saints fans I know aren't bothered about "going onto the next level" whatever the f**k that means - they just want a decent, honest, hard-working club that will have a crack - exactly what we were doing under Adkins and one of the reasons why he was so popular with the fans - there is more to supporting a football club than just winning games.

Spot on. The worst bit was he was a success. Its not like getting rid of McCarthy at Wolves, fans loved him but results were poor. Gutted.

That's fair enough. I actually agree, but then the whole of football has long since left any honour or respect behind, and so to expect any at our own club, as much as we'd like to see it, is a bit naive IMO nowadays.

Again fair point but maybe that's not good enough. Maybe the fans deserve better.

Why? Not being funny, but he's been treating non-playing members of staff in the same way for the last 3 years, none of you gave a f**k then.

Exactly. When i mentioned this in the past i was abused and called all sorts of names and told i was wrong. Guess i wasn't.....

No it hasn't. Look at Wenger at Arsenal.

Fair point, mine was too sweeping a generalisation. However, by and large, I think I am correct... contracts are not honoured, loyalty is largely ignored, we as fans often don't care if players are moved on as long as they are replaced by better ones... no one is exactly innocent.

Rumours I know but:

1. Heard before Christmas that Cortese had turned down a bid for the club. Could it be that IF this info was kosher perhaps this MAY have something to do with future managerial arrangements

2. From a better source (:lol:), our Chairman does not expect to be here beyond 2 years

That's what you consider a better source?!! WHo was your first bit of info from?

Custodian of the club? **** off I would sooner be in league two than have treat a manager like this. Nigel totally turned it around and this is a disgrace.

Agree with this. My perfect outcome would be NA gets a PL job, Saints get relegated, Cortese and Pochettino get sacked and I enjoy a promotion campaign again.

Why? Not being funny, but he's been treating non-playing members of staff in the same way for the last 3 years, none of you gave a f**k then.

Mash I am one of the few who did, as I have a member of my family working in offices at SMS the bloke is an absolute count, you don't talk to me unless I talk to you then you only address me as Mr Cortese and his PA has to vet meeting rooms before he enters and if there is anyone there that NC is not fond of she has to ask them to leave.

Agree with this. My perfect outcome would be NA gets a PL job, Saints get relegated, Cortese and Pochettino get sacked and I enjoy a promotion campaign again.

All those rumours that people laughed at must have been true. We are a terribly run club. The Pl can Fck off and I am seriously going to consider supporting a team lower down the league however hard that may be.

Mash I am one of the few who did, as I have a member of my family working in offices at SMS the bloke is an absolute count, you don't talk to me unless I talk to you then you only address me as Mr Cortese and his PA has to vet meeting rooms before he enters and if there is anyone there that NC is not fond of she has to ask them to leave.

Yep. Spot on. Unforunately we were told we were wrong and this was all lies and bullsh*t when it was mentioned before.