Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 801 to 850 of 907

Thread: Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

  1. #801

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    12,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedArmy View Post
    I wonder what the reaction would have been if Trump had been in charge when Bin Laden was killed.
    Bin Laden was an international terrorist, although the CIA had helped him to his position of power. Soleimani was a member of a legitimate national command structure, and a key opponent of ISIS.

  2. #802

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Bin Laden was an international terrorist, although the CIA had helped him to his position of power. Soleimani was a member of a legitimate national command structure, and a key opponent of ISIS.
    The Iranian chap was also a terrorist, right

  3. #803

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Bin Laden was an international terrorist, although the CIA had helped him to his position of power. Soleimani was a member of a legitimate national command structure, and a key opponent of ISIS.
    How was Solemani not a terrorist?

  4. #804

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,734
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Are people seriously comparing Bin Laden and Solemani? F**k me this place is special.

  5. #805

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Are people seriously comparing Bin Laden and Solemani? F**k me this place is special.
    People. By that you mean 1 whole person?

  6. #806

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,734
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedArmy View Post
    I wonder what the reaction would have been if Trump had been in charge when Bin Laden was killed.
    The same reaction as when al baghdadi was killed. Very relieved and happy.

  7. #807

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    How was Solemani not a terrorist?
    Because he was a member of a legitimate national command structure, not a splinter group, paramilitary organisation or similar. In what way was he a terrorist? Is the head of the Saudi government a terrorist for slaying people in Yemen? The Israeli top guys for killing people in Gaza? To answer, they are not, but neither was Solemani and he doesn't become one because the state he was associated with is not a western ally.

  8. #808

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,734
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    People. By that you mean 1 whole person?
    Yep. But its a refrain that's been frequently heard on social media and parts of the US media. Its by no means an isolated viewpoint.
    Last edited by shurlock; 08-01-2020 at 03:15 PM.

  9. #809

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Yep. But its a refrain that's been frequently heard on social media. Its by no means an isolated viewpoint.
    Ah, elsewhere. I though you meant this place.

    Fair enough

  10. #810

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,734
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Ah, elsewhere. I though you meant this place.

    Fair enough
    Nope. RedArmy's view is symptomatic of a wider view that I find completely puzzling. That's what I meant. But fair play for trying to read my mind Jamie

  11. #811

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Nope. RedArmy's view is symptomatic of a wider view that I find completely puzzling. That's what I meant. But fair play for trying to read my mind Jamie
    you said 'people and this place'...

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Are people seriously comparing Bin Laden and Solemani? F**k me this place is special.
    this place? = 1 person?

    either way, good point, well made.

  12. #812

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,734
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    you said 'people and this place'...



    this place? = 1 person?

    either way, good point, well made.
    As I said his view is symptomatic of a wider view that I find completely puzzling.

    As for the "this place is special" comment, yes, its striking how even in a conversation among a handful of posters an absurd, thick-as-pig**** view like this can crop up. Given the world is full of oddballs, you might expect it crop up in 1/50, 1/100 or 1/1000 (unless you inhabit a Fox News echo chamber). But hey presto you don't need to look that far to find it here. So yes Jamie this place is f**king special. Again fair play for trying to read my mind.
    Last edited by shurlock; 08-01-2020 at 03:40 PM.

  13. #813

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Because he was a member of a legitimate national command structure, not a splinter group, paramilitary organisation or similar. In what way was he a terrorist? Is the head of the Saudi government a terrorist for slaying people in Yemen? The Israeli top guys for killing people in Gaza? To answer, they are not, but neither was Solemani and he doesn't become one because the state he was associated with is not a western ally.
    "A person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims." He fits the definition exactly.

  14. #814

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    As I said his view is symptomatic of a wider view that I find completely puzzling.

    As for the "this place is special" comment, yes, its striking how even in a conversation among a handful of posters an absurd, thick-as-pig**** view like this can crop up. Given the world is full of oddballs, you might expect it crop up in 1/50, 1/100 or 1/1000. But hey presto you don't need to look that far to find it here. So yes Jamie this place is f**king special. Again fair play for trying to read my mind.
    oooeeer

  15. #815

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    "A person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims." He fits the definition exactly.
    So do any number of government agencies. Trump threatened to destroy "cultural sites" which makes him a terrorist as well then.

    That being the case, it is hardly a label which legitimises the action.

    The reality is that this operation is unlikely to achieve any benefit, has weakened the US position in Iraq and hastened Iran's nuclear ambitions, one would imagine.

  16. #816

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    So do any number of government agencies. Trump threatened to destroy "cultural sites" which makes him a terrorist as well then.

    That being the case, it is hardly a label which legitimises the action.

    The reality is that this operation is unlikely to achieve any benefit, has weakened the US position in Iraq and hastened Iran's nuclear ambitions, one would imagine.
    Threatening to destroy something isn't the same as doing it. If trump deliberately destroys cultural sights then fair enough but he hasn't. You're now changing the parameters, he very clearly meets the definition of a terrorist and to pretend otherwise simply because he was an important figure in Iran is bizarre. Many experts on the matter don't believe its weakened the US position, many are suggesting it has badly weakened Iran and they have few options because they aren't mad enough to start a war. My main worry is that Trump doesn't really have a wider plan, but I'm certainly not upset that this terrorist has been dealt with, and the thousands of families who have been victimised by him are currently celebrating.

  17. #817

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    "A person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims." He fits the definition exactly.
    Sounds like the Israeli and Saudi governments. What's the difference?

  18. #818

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Sounds like the Israeli and Saudi governments. What's the difference?
    What's that got to do with anything? I asked how Solemani was not a terrorist considering he clearly meets the definition. Your response was something irrelevant about being high up in the Iranian regime. Victims of Solemani are incredibly thankful and definitely consider him to be a terrorist, I reckon they'd be in a good position to know.

    Last edited by hypochondriac; 08-01-2020 at 04:06 PM.

  19. #819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Are people seriously comparing Bin Laden and Solemani? F**k me this place is special.
    Who compared anyone? Fair play for trying to read my mind

  20. #820

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Threatening to destroy something isn't the same as doing it. If trump deliberately destroys cultural sights then fair enough but he hasn't. You're now changing the parameters, he very clearly meets the definition of a terrorist and to pretend otherwise simply because he was an important figure in Iran is bizarre. Many experts on the matter don't believe its weakened the US position, many are suggesting it has badly weakened Iran and they have few options because they aren't mad enough to start a war. My main worry is that Trump doesn't really have a wider plan, but I'm certainly not upset that this terrorist has been dealt with, and the thousands of families who have been victimised by him are currently celebrating.
    “unlawful intimidation”.

  21. #821

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    What's that got to do with anything? I asked how Solemani was not a terrorist considering he clearly meets the definition. Your response was something irrelevant about being high up in the Iranian regime. Victims of Solemani are incredibly thankful and definitely consider him to be a terrorist, I reckon they'd be in a good position to know.

    The point is that the definition you came up with can be applied to most countries with an active military foreign policy so it is not very useful when one of those countries seeks to rely on it to justify their actions.

    Calling whole units within a government “terrorists” is simple-minded and intended to appeal to those people who struggle with complexity i.e Trump voters.

  22. #822

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    The point is that the definition you came up with can be applied to most countries with an active military foreign policy so it is not very useful when one of those countries seeks to rely on it to justify their actions.

    Calling whole units within a government “terrorists” is simple-minded and intended to appeal to those people who struggle with complexity i.e Trump voters.
    It's not a definition I came up with, it's the dictionary definition. Not all military foreign policies involve illegal acts of violence against usually civilian populations. If you like you can give a narrower definition- you can only be labelled a terrorist if you instruct groups of armed men to shoot and kill unarmed civilians in cold blood. Does that make someone a terrorist? It's not whole units, it's the person almost solely in charge of various militia and armed groups commiting murders under his instruction.

    No man in the world involved in more death in more countries and yet you don't consider him a terrorist?
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 08-01-2020 at 04:29 PM.

  23. #823

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,506

    Default

    Iran's response last night was incredibly calculated or incredibly pathetic.....

    I guess time will reveal to the masses which it was

    Trump confirms Iran's military has stood down from last night.
    Confirms severe sanctions remain.
    Confirms that it was the USAs own money that help'd to fund Iran's hostility and that will stop.
    Wants a new deal with Iran to make them non-nuclear but prosperous.
    wants NATO to be more involved.
    Wants the UK, France, China and Russia to rip up the defunct Nuclear deal and work towards a new one.
    wants to work with Iran to finish off ISIS forever
    USA is ready to embrace peace with Iran, if they want it
    Last edited by Batman; 08-01-2020 at 04:40 PM.

  24. #824

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    One of the world's leading mass murderers of Muslims, killing almost entirely for political reasons and yet not a terrorist?

  25. #825

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,734
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Iran's response last night was incredibly calculated or incredibly pathetic.....

    I guess time will reveal to the masses which it was

    Trump confirms Iran's military has stood down from last night.
    Confirms severe sanctions remain.
    Confirms that it was the USAs own money that help'd to fund Iran's hostility and that will stop.
    Wants a new deal with Iran to make them non-nuclear but prosperous.
    wants NATO to be more involved.
    Wants the UK, France, China and Russia to rip up the defunct Nuclear deal and work towards a new one.
    wants to work with Iran to finish off ISIS forever
    USA is ready to embrace peace with Iran, if they want it
    Are you doing pressers notes for Trump now?

    In short term, Iran's actions look like fence-rattling but its hard to see how the US position in the middle east has been strengthened long-term. Says alot when even Bibi Netanyahu distances himself from the killing.

  26. #826

    Default Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

    Why have the Beeb started pronouncing ‘Iranian’ as iraaanian? Poncy fckers it’s always been Ir -rain-ian

  27. #827

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    12,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Why have the Beeb started pronouncing iraaanian incorrectly. Poncy fckers it’s always been Ir -rain-ian
    'merican English. Getting ready for the post-Brexit trade deal annexation.

  28. #828

    Default

    Sure they’d be plenty on here who’d have been clamouring for us to have got involved in Vietnam back in the day to back America

  29. #829

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,843

    Default

    I bet the poor souls on the plane that was blown out of the sky are thankful the world is a safer place after the assassination.

  30. #830

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    18,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    I bet the poor souls on the plane that was blown out of the sky are thankful the world is a safer place after the assassination.
    Not to mention his driver’s family and anyone else who was simply part of an escort party.

  31. #831

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    I bet the poor souls on the plane that was blown out of the sky are thankful the world is a safer place after the assassination.
    The only people at fault for Iran blowing up a plane are Iran.

  32. #832

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    The only people at fault for Iran blowing up a plane are Iran.
    You sound more like Donald Trump everyday. There were signs that you were becoming a decent person over Christmas but sadly the old hypo has reappeared. It was good while it lasted, but back to normal it seems.

  33. #833

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    You sound more like Donald Trump everyday. There were signs that you were becoming a decent person over Christmas but sadly the old hypo has reappeared. It was good while it lasted, but back to normal it seems.
    You're talking your normal guff. I haven't changed in the slightest, I'll continue to call out your mad posts I'm not sure what gave you the impression I wouldn't. Iran shoots down a plane and in your mind and the minds of some other mad lefty loons its Trump to blame for it. Would you be saying the same thing of Obama? Of course you wouldn't, people like you quite liked Obama so you wouldn't be blaming him despite him being the drone striker in chief.

  34. #834

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    13,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    The only people at fault for Iran blowing up a plane are Iran.
    To be fair, the fact that they were expecting an American air attack would have made the chances of this sort of thing more likely, if it was an accidental surface to air missile that brought it down. These things happen when you put a country with a third rate military on a war footing.

    Obviously, whoever was operating the missile shoulders most of the blame but fact is, if Trump hadn't have murdered Soleimani then all these people would probably be still alive.

  35. #835

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    To be fair, the fact that they were expecting an American air attack would have made the chances of this sort of thing more likely, if it was an accidental surface to air missile that brought it down. These things happen when you put a country with a third rate military on a war footing.

    Obviously, whoever was operating the missile shoulders most of the blame but fact is, if Trump hadn't have murdered Soleimani then all these people would probably be still alive.
    If the Iranians hadn't messed around and captured American and UK ships, hadn't killed thousands under the command of Soleimani and hadn't recently caused trouble at the US embassy in Iraq then it's unlikely that Trump would have killed the terrorist and all these people would probably still be alive.

  36. #836

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    13,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    If the Iranians hadn't messed around and captured American and UK ships, hadn't killed thousands under the command of Soleimani and hadn't recently caused trouble at the US embassy in Iraq then it's unlikely that Trump would have killed the terrorist and all these people would probably still be alive.
    True, Iran and the US are both to blame.

  37. #837

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    If the Iranians hadn't messed around and captured American and UK ships, hadn't killed thousands under the command of Soleimani and hadn't recently caused trouble at the US embassy in Iraq then it's unlikely that Trump would have killed the terrorist and all these people would probably still be alive.
    Is the world a safer place after the assassination of the “terrorist?” How does this play with the idea of “deescalation” in the region. By the way, wasn’t this guy responsible for taking down ISIS?

  38. #838

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Is the world a safer place after the assassination of the “terrorist?” How does this play with the idea of “deescalation” in the region. By the way, wasn’t this guy responsible for taking down ISIS?
    Most of them answer your questions from people who actually are experts. In short you don't know what you're talking about.

  39. #839

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,843

    Default

    We have had these conversations before. You don’t seem to agree, but it gives people a further reason to go out on the streets carrying knives and stabbing innocent strangers. If this was strategic, why wasn’t it done long ago. Don’t you find it odd that it happens just before his impeachment and with an election on the way? He has recently said he wants less involvement in the Middle East and then he pulls this stunt. Even his own advisors are pulling their hair out. Why do you constantly defend this person who is putting the safety of us all at risk?

  40. #840

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    We have had these conversations before. You don’t seem to agree, but it gives people a further reason to go out on the streets carrying knives and stabbing innocent strangers. If this was strategic, why wasn’t it done long ago. Don’t you find it odd that it happens just before his impeachment and with an election on the way? He has recently said he wants less involvement in the Middle East and then he pulls this stunt. Even his own advisors are pulling their hair out. Why do you constantly defend this person who is putting the safety of us all at risk?
    So experts in the region consider this development to be a good thing and yet self appointed expert spggy and woke celebs thinks its bad. Gotcha. You would do well to heed the advice below and I never said it was strategic:

  41. #841

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,843

    Default

    So in one of the most dangerous regions in the world, don’t you think it is worth having a strategy rather than just playing things by ear? Doesn’t it worry you that ISIS are delighted that he has been killed.

    Oh, and thanks for grouping me in with “woke” celebrities. I think you will find that there are hundreds of thousands of normal people who think that this action was reckless too.

  42. #842

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Threatening to destroy something isn't the same as doing it. If trump deliberately destroys cultural sights then fair enough but he hasn't. You're now changing the parameters, he very clearly meets the definition of a terrorist and to pretend otherwise simply because he was an important figure in Iran is bizarre. Many experts on the matter don't believe its weakened the US position, many are suggesting it has badly weakened Iran and they have few options because they aren't mad enough to start a war. My main worry is that Trump doesn't really have a wider plan, but I'm certainly not upset that this terrorist has been dealt with, and the thousands of families who have been victimised by him are currently celebrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    So in one of the most dangerous regions in the world, don’t you think it is worth having a strategy rather than just playing things by ear? Doesn’t it worry you that ISIS are delighted that he has been killed.

    Oh, and thanks for grouping me in with “woke” celebrities. I think you will find that there are hundreds of thousands of normal people who think that this action was reckless too.
    You obviously missed my earlier reply as I've already answered this. I think it's a great thing that one of the largest mass killers of Muslims is dead, you seem to think its a bad thing.

  43. #843

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,506

    Default

    Iran shot down a passenger jet. By accident!

    I’m sure the outrage from Corbyn/Labour will be harsh on them.... any time now!

  44. #844

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Iran shot down a passenger jet. By accident!

    I’m sure the outrage from Corbyn/Labour will be harsh on them.... any time now!
    The left response is to blame trump apparently! Bad man making Iran nervous...

  45. #845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    The left response is to blame trump apparently! Bad man making Iran nervous...
    People said it would destabilise the region and lead to more death and destruction. Which it has.

    Are there any success stories of Western intervention in the region?
    Last edited by Jonnyboy; 11-01-2020 at 11:25 AM.

  46. #846

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,725
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    People said it would destabilise the region and lead to more death and destruction. Which it has.

    Are there any success stories of Western intervention in the region?
    It's impossible to say if it's led to MORE deaths. Many experts reckon it will stall Iranian operations for a long time. As someone else said, it was a grave miscalculation from Solemani that Iranian aggression wasn't going to be met with a response and its cost hin his life. Hopefully we will see less of this
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 11-01-2020 at 11:53 AM.

  47. #847

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    11,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Are there any success stories of Western intervention in the region?
    I'd say the first Gulf War and liberating Kuwait was relatively successful.

    On a separate issue, I'd say the shoot down has shown the good social media CAN do in this world. As much as I loathe it some times for the crap that gets posted, I doubt Iran would have admitted guilty quite so readily without all the photos and videos which leaked onto twitter.

  48. #848

    Default Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

    There is definitely a link to those that have loved VAR this season and people I wouldn’t want to have a drink with
    Last edited by whelk; 11-01-2020 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

  49. #849

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    You obviously missed my earlier reply as I've already answered this. I think it's a great thing that one of the largest mass killers of Muslims is dead, you seem to think its a bad thing.
    It has the potential to be “a bad thing,” especially if there was not strategic reasons for it other to help Trump win the next election and curry favour pre impeachment. All I heard from our security minister after the event was the word “deescalate.” If you don’t escalate you don’t have to deescalate. Trump also managed to unify the region against America/The West. Job well done? Ok, he has removed one bad man, you really dont think they have plenty more replacements? Meanwhile sad young men are plotting their revenge in bedsits in this country and sharping their knives.

  50. #850

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    It has the potential to be “a bad thing,” especially if there was not strategic reasons for it other to help Trump win the next election and curry favour pre impeachment. All I heard from our security minister after the event was the word “deescalate.” If you don’t escalate you don’t have to deescalate. Trump also managed to unify the region against America/The West. Job well done? Ok, he has removed one bad man, you really dont think they have plenty more replacements? Meanwhile sad young men are plotting their revenge in bedsits in this country and sharping their knives.
    Unify the region against America?

    You really live in cloud cuckoo land. There are massive protests in Iran alone as we speak.

    Christ almighty.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •