Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 82 of 82

Thread: Our Support

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    What's Lucy Pinder up to now days?
    On the Vicars phone (wink to This Country, BBC fans)

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    14,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Yesterday was the worst Ive seen in a long time. Its been getting worse for years, but its now absolutely appalling (Tuesday night aside)...

    Serious question, What can we do to improve?
    Become more like Burnley

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Become more like Burnley
    Haven’t stopped laughing since reading that. Cracking banta there bro.

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    14,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Haven’t stopped laughing since reading that. Cracking banta there bro.
    Glad to please mate, shall we talk about Bertrand next?
    You had some crackers about him

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Glad to please mate, shall we talk about Bertrand next?
    You had some crackers about him
    Keep to the topic please. If you’d like to discuss Bertrand and his past and/or future please use the relevant thread.

    Thanks.

  6. Default

    Is our home support really that bad?? Even the 'amazing' Anfield was described as being 'flat' by the BBC on Monday night when they were making hard work of West Ham. And it was certainly flat on my last 2 visits, as was the new Spurs ground. I think we are being unfairly targeted

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bitterne Park
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davefoggy View Post
    Is our home support really that bad?? Even the 'amazing' Anfield was described as being 'flat' by the BBC on Monday night when they were making hard work of West Ham. And it was certainly flat on my last 2 visits, as was the new Spurs ground. I think we are being unfairly targeted
    West Ham fans were singing “top of the league and you still don’t sing” once Liverpool had gone 3-2 up. The myths about Anfield are almost as bad as Fratton.

  8. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davefoggy View Post
    Is our home support really that bad?? Even the 'amazing' Anfield was described as being 'flat' by the BBC on Monday night when they were making hard work of West Ham. And it was certainly flat on my last 2 visits, as was the new Spurs ground. I think we are being unfairly targeted
    Anfield hasn't been amazing for about a decade if not more, the Spurs ground IS a morgue, same as the Emirates. Does that make our home support good? Not really. It's definitely improving now the Itchen North is making a difference but compared to the league one and championship days it's pretty f*cking awful, the Northam barely sings these days and the Kingsland North carry them most games.

    To be honest our support needs a kick up the ar*e, it's gotten far too friendly and nice and seems to be full of day trippers or people so entitled they think we should be getting champions league places.

  9. #59

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    Anfield hasn't been amazing for about a decade if not more, the Spurs ground IS a morgue, same as the Emirates. Does that make our home support good? Not really. It's definitely improving now the Itchen North is making a difference but compared to the league one and championship days it's pretty f*cking awful, the Northam barely sings these days and the Kingsland North carry them most games.

    To be honest our support needs a kick up the ar*e, it's gotten far too friendly and nice and seems to be full of day trippers or people so entitled they think we should be getting champions league places.
    The whole raisin detre of saints fans these days is we might be sh1t but were not as **** as ......

    Look at the atttitude to Goa, he might not be the best but hes not the worst

    Our fans the atmosphere isnt great but at least its not as bad as .....

    How about we actually try and aim to not be better than the sh1tyest other examples around us?

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    The whole raisin detre of saints fans these days is “we might be sh1t but we’re not as **** as ......”

    Look at the atttitude to Goa, he might not be the best but he’s not the worst

    Our fans the atmosphere isn’t great but at least it’s not as bad as .....

    How about we actually try and aim to not be better than the sh1tyest other examples around us?
    I put it down to the fact our lot think we’re actually better than we are. As shown on here the past couple of days

    6 points off relegation = no chance we’ll go down
    6 points off Europe = we’ve got a good chance, we’re better than Burnley (who’ve beat us twice and finished above us 3 seasons running) and Sheffield United (who’ve been outstanding this season).

    We need to accept that we’re trying to play champagne football on a frosty jacks budget. We need to accept that the manager is getting 15-20% more than probably 90% of managers could and that they are going to make mistakes.

    Don’t groan when the ball goes back, don’t sarcastically cheer when the keeper makes a save or a defender clears the ball.

    Get behind the team and try and be positive towards them.

  11. #61

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,346
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    I put it down to the fact our lot think were actually better than we are. As shown on here the past couple of days

    6 points off relegation = no chance well go down
    6 points off Europe = weve got a good chance, were better than Burnley (whove beat us twice and finished above us 3 seasons running) and Sheffield United (whove been outstanding this season).

    We need to accept that were trying to play champagne football on a frosty jacks budget. We need to accept that the manager is getting 15-20% more than probably 90% of managers could and that they are going to make mistakes.

    Dont groan when the ball goes back, dont sarcastically cheer when the keeper makes a save or a defender clears the ball.

    Get behind the team and try and be positive towards them.
    Lol you bellend.

  12. #62

    Default

    I’m just happy to have a club

  13. #63

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On the frontline in Locks Heath
    Posts
    6,898

    Default

    Reckon that a significant factor is the splitting up of the Northam on a regular basis to accommodate away fans. This affects not just one match day, but over time serves to dilute the most vocal of our fans. Then there’s been a lack of identity derived from 3-4 seasons of dire football at home and uninspiring transfer windows.

    Lastly, there’s the socio-economic factor of a good proportion of football spectators who don’t see football as their only passion or outlet - they have an income that allows for other interests...Saturday footie is not the sole focus, so there’s less passion on display. Could be argued that Fans from generally poorer areas of the country exhibit a stronger more vocal support as they’ve still got that focussed passion because they’ve spent a higher proportion of their income, so it means more.

    All these factors come together to make a perfect storm. Doubt it’s curable...getting SMS to truly rock again will be a bit like trying to herd mice.

  14. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    The whole raisin detre of saints fans these days is we might be sh1t but were not as **** as ......

    Look at the atttitude to Goa, he might not be the best but hes not the worst

    Our fans the atmosphere isnt great but at least its not as bad as .....

    How about we actually try and aim to not be better than the sh1tyest other examples around us?
    Agree mush. Im f*cking sick of the didnt we play but we lost mentality. Or the we sold out an away game but made f*ck all noise mentality. Or the pat yourself on the backs for singing when youre winning mentality (and half the time its the same repeated songs or songs nicked from elsewhere).

    Why cant we have a bit more pride than that. We might not be the biggest club but were from Southampton and Im proud as f*ck of my city, and I dont want to accept defeat, or a half arsed support, I want us to be the best everywhere.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #65

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eastleigh
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    Absolute **** yesterday. I was a bit hammered but apart from a load on the top ‘standing up cause they loved the saints’ (should they not be standing anyway?). The game was nothing to get too excited about but reckon that was the worst away this season. Best bit was hearing some lads sing the Jack Stephens song (who I am told, loves it) on the concourse. How do they charge six quid for a hot dog? And then in a pub down the road I see that Dr Barry Gale in a retro West Ham top, why are we employing West Ham fans?

  16. #66

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andover/Isleworth
    Posts
    8,146

    Default

    The support was awful yesterday.

    But the Stephens chant I heard some lads trying to get going was one of the worst I’ve ever heard.

  17. #67

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rowner
    Posts
    540

    Default

    The support was again bad yesterday, not for the want of trying but together with the team beng **** its one of thm grounds that will always be hard to get any sort of chant going whee both tiers join in.

    For what iits worth, dispite winning 3-1 (and winning for the 1st time in ages) the West Ham support was just as bad.

  18. #68

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eastleigh
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    The support was awful yesterday.

    But the Stephens chant I heard some lads trying to get going was one of the worst I’ve ever heard.
    stick with OWTS and YELLOWS then pal
    not everyone is going to like everything but at least it’s a bit different.

  19. #69

    Default

    Given that we’re thick in a relegation battle, I really do hope the support improves as it could prove vital in the 6 pointer Derby’s (Bournemouth and Brighton).

    COYR

  20. #70

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andover/Isleworth
    Posts
    8,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles34 View Post
    stick with OWTS and YELLOWS then pal
    not everyone is going to like everything but at least it’s a bit different.
    I like lots of our other chants, just because i didn’t like that abysmal offering doesn’t mean i only sing those two.

  21. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Given that were thick in a relegation battle, I really do hope the support improves as it could prove vital in the 6 pointer Derbys (Bournemouth and Brighton).

    COYR
    I usually agree with what you put on here mush, but no way either of those are derbies


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    The support was awful yesterday.

    But the Stephens chant I heard some lads trying to get going was one of the worst Ive ever heard.
    Agreed - not sure how grown adults can happily stand there and chant about ****ing your sister and your mum. Idiots.

    And as for the ca 40 year old bloke, smoking weed next to a child (so much so that his dad took him out of his seat to go elsewhere...get a grip.

  23. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Agreed - not sure how grown adults can happily stand there and chant about ****ing your sister and your mum. Idiots.

    And as for the ca 40 year old bloke, smoking weed next to a child (so much so that his dad took him out of his seat to go elsewhere...get a grip.
    God we have a bunch of saps in our support

  24. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    The support was awful yesterday.

    But the Stephens chant I heard some lads trying to get going was one of the worst I’ve ever heard.
    I take it they weren't singing, "Oh ho ho Jack Stephens, you know... better than Cannavaro" then?

  25. #75

    Default

    We are going have some great examples on the tv tonight - contorted faces, sh1t teeth, terrible haircuts but oh the passion. No place like it Clive, these fans are different class.

  26. #76

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eastleigh
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    Surprised no one has mentioned the support on Saturday.
    The second half rendition of "Pompey get battered...." was very impressive.
    Not a fan of the song but unlike some of my uber fan mates, if it gets a great atmosphere started then why not?
    Completely silenced their lot for a while, shame we can manage to do this only once a decade.

  27. #77

    Default

    2nd half and before the Newcastle goal the fans sounded great.

    Think that's been called out a few times and rightly so.

  28. Default

    Even the Kingsland got motivated......!!!!!

  29. #79

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rowner
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles34 View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned the support on Saturday.
    The second half rendition of "Pompey get battered...." was very impressive.
    Not a fan of the song but unlike some of my uber fan mates, if it gets a great atmosphere started then why not?
    Completely silenced their lot for a while, shame we can manage to do this only once a decade.
    Its a shmae we have not got more songs like that, simple and easy to sing along to and clap etc.

    How good would it be if, like you say , we could be more like that more often.

    We did drown out the Newcastle fans, 3 times they tried and 3 times they failed to get heard in that 20 min or so spell. In the end they gave up.

    I would be intrested to know what they thought about it from the away end.

  30. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles34 View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned the support on Saturday.
    The second half rendition of "Pompey get battered...." was very impressive.
    Not a fan of the song but unlike some of my uber fan mates, if it gets a great atmosphere started then why not?
    Completely silenced their lot for a while, shame we can manage to do this only once a decade.




    "Stand up if you love the Saints"

  31. #81

  32. #82

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eastleigh
    Posts
    2,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    too much emphasis on families and kids and face painters to get this happening on our country.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •