Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Do any comments actually get put up on that live chat, no luck so far :(

They have the ability to pick and choose. If they like it and it portrays Pompey in the right, it'll be posted. If it dares suggest that HMRC are in the right and the skates have been doing things in the wrong spirit..... it won't get a look in

The only agenda they ever had - including the Crouch shenanigans - was to help Poopey limp through to the end of the season and go away and stop being an embarrassment to their precious brand. They messed up and are going to have to take the blame and Scudamore is just getting his defence in before Dave Richards.

Before Dave Richards . . . . what? Gets subpoena'd to give evidence?

I believe so, after all, tax avoidence is a criminal offence, ask Lester Piggott.

not strictly true. tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance isnt. legitamate tax avoidance schemes do exist, but they have to be pre-approved by the HMRC

Edited by Saint Keith

Sums up their mentality IMO

10:55

[Comment From Ron J (Philippines) Ron J (Philippines) : ]

pompeypops: if the tax man wins this god help other clubs who can't raise the cash to pay them.

Yet another

11:03

[Comment From Ron J (Philippines) Ron J (Philippines) : ]

If we lose alot of clubs will go into financial meltdown as they would'nt have the money to pay HMRC.

Edited by Gingeletiss

Mine just got in...see if you can spot it ;)

tHIS...

10:57

[Comment From big jono big jono : ]

yes yorkie steve the premier league are partly to blame but why should we expect a multi-million owner to come in? we blew all our money with the plan to repay it later down the line when we secured a new, rich, owner. That is wrong and simply unfair for teams who do it the right way. IMO.

I still have confidence that there is a lot of knowledgeable posters on here, but they have in the main felt that Pompey/football clubs are treated the same as a normal business. it patently is not the case and if the judge did ask for info what would happen if they were liquidated, he feels that the community thing is an aspect and so may feel it is difficult to shut them down.

Add to that the HMRC's lawyers not seeming to be up to scratch and they are going to get away scot free IMO.

I assume they can come out of today with an agreed CVA, a new owner and then the ability to get players in. £5m extra investment and they could make the play-offs. That side they put out on saturday is the basis of s decent team IMO. Just watch HR flood them with loans.

The 'flood of loans' will be reviewed, by the FL one hopes, on a case by case basis? I think they need 3 including a keeper? Or has young Ashdown signed? (then they'll only need two).

Good to see it's still the PL's fault though...

[Comment From pompeypops pompeypops : ]

if we had been a big club the F A and The premiership would be here backing us

[Comment From Lil Lil : ]

Yorkie..Interesting to see today that the PL have now drawn up more stringent guidelines regarding new owners at PL clubs so that no-one else suffers Pompeys fate, almost an acceptance that they are partly to blame.

The 'flood of loans' will be reviewed, by the FL one hopes, on a case by case basis? I think they need 3 including a keeper? Or has young Ashdown signed? (then they'll only need two).

I may be wrong Lol but if they exit with the agreed CVA tomorrow the FL will not be able to force the embargo.(that is my understanding) the 3 player thing will be not applicable and they can then sail on

spacer.gifMark:

Moving towards the end of his submission, Mr Mitchell said HMRC was determined to get the best deal for the taxpayer.

He said: HMRC has always objected to football creditors receiving more favourable treatment to other creditors.

'HMRC says that the football creditors rule is simply wrong and wants it removed.

'We are not shooting ourselves in the foot as has been claimed by the club.

'There are very serious reasons why we are pursuing this appeal and that is to get the best outcome for the taxpayer.'

He said the Revenue believed that a Company Voluntary Agreement, which Pompey has and under which it will pay back creditors 20p in the pound, was 'simply wrong'

Wednesday August 4, 2010 11:06 Mark

''Mark:

Moving towards the end of his submission, Mr Mitchell said HMRC was determined to get the best deal for the taxpayer.

He said: HMRC has always objected to football creditors receiving more favourable treatment to other creditors.

'HMRC says that the football creditors rule is simply wrong and wants it removed.

'There are very serious reasons why we are pursuing this appeal and that is to get the best outcome for the taxpayer.'

He said the Revenue believed that a Company Voluntary Agreement, which Pompey has and under which it will pay back creditors 20p in the pound, was 'simply wrong' ''

''Mark:

He said the Revenue believed that a Company Voluntary Agreement, which Pompey has and under which it will pay back creditors 20p in the pound, was 'simply wrong' ''

I reckon this is a bit weak and hope there's a better argument lurking somewhere

Loving their siege mentality this morning... as if Andronikou and friends are not just defending Portsmouth, but the integrity of football. LMAO

"Come on pompey the whole world's behind us"[/QUOTE]

I sent a reply to that,don't think it will get displayed however.

If the News are reporting correctly then it appears that HMRC are not pushing a legal angle but just saying "it's not fair".....not strong grounds for a win.

Can see skates getting away with it........leaving Storey to face the music.

I noticed the reference to that on the News site and know that it relates to the inbred bellringer.

But can anyone enlighten me to what TCWTB actually stands for?

I must have missed it when it was formed.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tcwtb

http://ml-in.facebook.com/posted.php?id=13853911892&share_id=309744423654&comments=1

HTH

Tried to post this:

'Mick - What? £50m of image rights payments on £15m of commercial sales. Are you deliberately being thick?'

in response to this:

[Comment From Mick L Mick L : ]

Lets keep this in perspective, the payment of image rights and employee benefit trusts, maybe immoral but until there is a change in revenue rules, it is not illegal. Come on Pompey !!!!

I'm not convinced it will get through the post nazis:rolleyes:.....

I reckon this is a bit weak and hope there's a better argument lurking somewhere

This was my first impression also.

Obviously we don't know exactly what has been stated but the tack they have taken,if this is the crux,appears to have missed details of the fact figures were manipulated so that the HMRC were marginalised and unable to block the CVA at the time of voting.

Bloody hell, how many times do I have to tell you, that's not the case.

So if they come out wityh an agreed CVA and the new owner (Chanrai) who we have been told has already been looked at for the FPPT gets his clearance the FL will keep its embargo in place. If so can you tell me on what grounds?

I think that this is a very damaging assessment and will only confirm that the the Poorsmouth SHAM is more wide spread than most people outside of the south coast can appreciate, irrespective of the PL help to them last year, what an indictment to have that they caused world wide damage to the image of the alleged "best league in the world" , once the blame ball gets rolling who is next to reveal that they too were given false indications of the clubs position

So if they come out wityh an agreed CVA and the new owner (Chanrai) who we have been told has already been looked at for the FPPT gets his clearance the FL will keep its embargo in place. If so can you tell me on what grounds?

The FL monitor the owner before lifting the embargo. They have to be satisfied that everything is in order before it is lifted. For example, are the terms of the CVA being met etc.....

This comes from the FL and is somewhere on this thread and I've also been told this direct by the FL myself in an email.

I thought if new owners come in an embargo stays in p,ace till all football creditors are paid in full