Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So so far we have:

Players who were possibly not eligible to vote voting in the CVA

Including all parachute payments in CVA when they had already had an advance

Ignoring a HMRC assessment without having the appeal.

Quick question for the brainy ones amongst us. If Pompey were receiving payments from the EPL to carry on playing does that leave a door open to sue the league and FA for clubs that lost points or were knocked out of the FA cup?

In terms of the Premier League points, it would depend on whether the club chairmen were offered a vote on it, I think. If Scudamore and Richards did it unilaterally, they could probably argue that players they played in the second half of the season, who they couldn't afford, were directly responsible for a loss of points and therefore potentially a loss of revenue if it affected their league position. Not sure we'd have any comeback for the FA Cup though.

I'dsay so, as they were clearly supporting a team financialy, who were insolvent!

Is there anything "illegal" about supporting a company on the cusp of insolvency though? In the same way Leon Crouch did for us?

In other words, isn't there a fine line between supporting a company who are actually insolvent versus a company would would be insolvent IF they weren't being propped up by a benefactor?

Earlier Mr Sheldon said Pompey received an £11m parachute payment from the Premier League between December 24, 2009, and January 31 this year.

There was a further payment of £1.5m between February 1 and February

26 and another of £1.7m after the club went into administration.

So having admitted that WITHOUT the £11 million parachute advance they were insolvent how on earth did they get through the first Winding Up petion unless they LIED! No mention of 'Oh by the way we have £11 million that we forgot to mention'

Cheating Bastards. NOTHING SHORT OF LIQUIDATION AND EXTERMINATION WILL DO NOW!

Scudamore and the EPL are morally bankrupt on this -

So they have had £14m of parachute money already and still have roughly £22m of outstanding football debt which the Football authorities plan to withhold so they can pay it off.

Leaves Pompey with only £12m of parachute payments over the next 4 years of the proposed CVA. Did it say that in the CVA? I don't think so....

Edited by Matthew Le God

Mr Sheldon, for Pompey, claimed player was perfectly entitled to vote under the terms of reference for the Company Voluntary Agreement to make a claim for £1.3m which would be owed to him over the rest of his contract .

It thus follows that the HMRC would be entitled to PAYE and NIC as well. Logically if the players contractual entitlement can be included, so can the tax liability!

So they have had £14m of parachute money already and still have roughly £22m of outstanding football debt which the Football authorities plan to withhold so they can pay it off.

Leaves Pompey with only £12m of parachute payments over the next 4 year of the proposed CVA. Did it say that in the CVA?

*checks CVA proposal*

Strangely, I can't find any mention of that... who'd have thought it? :suspicious:

Mr Sheldon, for Pompey, claimed player was perfectly entitled to vote under the terms of reference for the Company Voluntary Agreement to make a claim for £1.3m which would be owed to him over the rest of his contract .

It thus follows that the HMRC would be entitled to PAYE and NIC as well. Logically if the players contractual entitlement can be included, so can the tax liability!

Tis is so dodgy it is untrue, if Pompey get away with this it fly in the face of all natural justice.

Pretty sure the monies forwarded earlier were not actual parachute payments, but an advance on TV money

It was one assume: If you stay up its an advance on next years TV money, if you go down its an advance on the parachute payment.

Does seem strange that other clubs come out of administration without any issue and the first time its a Premier League club involved its like swimming in treacle to get CVA thru'!

Is this for real from one of them or is it one of the clowns on here??????

16:08 [Comment From swahar swahar : ]

Whilst the HMRC no doubt have a point about fairness, it seems to me they should be tackling this through the proper channels not using the courts, and wasting more of our money in this way. I am no expert but this is how it appears to me.

You got that right.

Does seem strange that other clubs come out of administration without any issue and the first time its a Premier League club involved its like swimming in treacle to get CVA thru'!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's probably the best of the lot. Failing to spot that finding a way of clearing £140m of debt is somewhat harder than clearing £140,000 of debt :facepalm:

16:08 [Comment From swahar swahar : ]

Whilst the HMRC no doubt have a point about fairness, it seems to me they should be tackling this through the proper channels not using the courts, and wasting more of our money in this way. I am no expert but this is how it appears to me.

You got that right.

Aren't the courts the proper channels? :lol:

[Comment From Ken Ken : ]

One good thing lads. At least there is now no one in the world who hasn't heard of Portsmouth Football Club. Not many other teams can say that

Yep, cos all publicity is good publicity. Worked well for Katie Price, Kerry Katona, Jade Goody, Amy Winehouse etc. They have glorious reputations now, don't they? :)

Quote Originally Posted by bridge too far View Post

How can 'future earnings' be considered as part of the CVA? Any supplier to the club could argue that same point if that were the case

not sure exactly how contracts within football work, But when players sign do they sign for a sallary that equates to £X millon over the years. or do they sign for £X million that is essentail paid in instalments? if the later then it could be argued that future earnings could be considered.

not sure if there is a difference but if I get made redundant I get 3 months sallary, if a players contract gets cancelled dont the club unless there is a breach on players side need to cough up the full amount? hence they are essentially football creditors.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's probably the best of the lot. Failing to spot that finding a way of clearing £140m of debt is somewhat harder than clearing £140,000 of debt :facepalm:

Add the fact that there are a raft of clubs who have been severely hurt by administration and the CVA

toaster making a comment about Sol and his 1.7m image rights that the would have to make £20 a shirt and sell 85k of them to get their money back. Many a true word said in jest

Toaster is a SWF member just having a laugh at their expense lol

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})