Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I may have got mixed up over the past 700+ pages, but technically the club don't own the ground - Portpin do (or at least have full charge on it). The stumbling block is that land has a planning restriction on it. If it didn't you can imagine the football club would be liquidated as quick as a berry smoothie at a health spa.

When the council protected the land with the sports use planning restriction Pompey still had most of the people fooled. Now almost every one has got the message that they have messed this up in the worst possible way.

Also the councols are desperate for cash and jobs. If some one is offering to create 500 jobs and those huge section 105 planning bungs then I can see thecouncil bending over and re-interpreting the community need for that land. "I am sure there is a bit of mud flats somewhere where they can kick a ball about"

Well done agent DP: any news from our Moscow office?

I reckon we should teach away fans at FP that traditional song:

"We're all standing on a future block of flats

"Future block of flats, future block of flats.."

Will be back on the case today, was a tad busy last few days. The painkillers have started to work, can now feel my legs again after all the running around. Huge lol as I had to sprint off into the trees to find Tiger's ball (for about the 100th time) when the Security Guard (who works out in the Gym twice a day) says - slow down I can't keep up, how does an old fart chain smoking rollies do that? 8)

If the Russkies fail in their wind up, don't panic, I confiscated about 100 cameras/Iphones/Blackberries etcin the past 2 days (how fecking thick are some people?). Dubai Police guys confirmed if they don't get collected they'll donate them to the TSW Poopey takeover n close bid.

Interesting. Seems The News are desperately trying to get to the bottom of this story and have been calling around and getting nowhere.

Here is one shocking fact I have heard - they couldn't get even a comment from LLSpipate, so now we know they must either be a very bad bunch of Journos or it must all be a wind up

Come on Phil,

Forget the golf - what the Clapton concert like?

You ain't gonna believe this - I was knackered having been up from 5am for the whole get him to the Tee on Time thing, got home at 5:30pm (thanks to the GF wanting to schmooze with Lee & the equally legendary Abu Dhabi Bob in the bar) said to myself I'll have a quick snooze and bollix, it was 7:15pm and too late to get down to Ab Dhabi to collect our tickets. All reports said it was fantastic, have to hope he makes Glasto.

Meanwhile Amy Winehouse was in Dubai - oh dear oh dear 10,000 ripped off booing ex fans

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/knowledge/features/20993

Amy, Amy, Amy. Naturally, we were all excited to see one of the most successful British female singer-songwriters of all time, the winner of Grammies, Ivor Novellas, Brit Awards, MOJOs - nearly every award possible, perform in our home city. Sadly, our anticipation quickly turned to embarrassment mixed with disappointment at around the third song in, with complete strangers in the 10,000-strong crowd turning to share a cringe and then a chorus of boos at the poor sound quality and her total lack of stage presence. Whether or not the mic issues were down to Amy herself or the sound desk remains unclear, although the backing singer who took centre stage for three tracks while the Back to Black star disappeared behind the scenes could be heard perfectly. What was obvious was that Amy Winehouse did not want to be on that stage: her body language screamed bored, then dazed, then petrified and very, very lost: as she intermittently picked her nails, fiddled with her outfit and clutched her arm. Surprisingly, the show continued for the full hour and a half, after which crowds were met with frustrating hour-long taxi queues. A message to her management: watching a talent like this die on stage is excruciating. Remove her from the limelight for however long it takes for her full recovery: she will still pack a stadium in several years time

So good job I slept through that one as well spoke to a few people who went and they said it was horrific, once the fascination of expecting her to drop dead on stage passed they just wanted to leave as fast as they could

Will be back on the case today, was a tad busy last few days. The painkillers have started to work, can now feel my legs again after all the running around. Huge lol as I had to sprint off into the trees to find Tiger's ball (for about the 100th time) when the Security Guard (who works out in the Gym twice a day) says - slow down I can't keep up, how does an old fart chain smoking rollies do that? 8)

If the Russkies fail in their wind up, don't panic, I confiscated about 100 cameras/Iphones/Blackberries etcin the past 2 days (how fecking thick are some people?). Dubai Police guys confirmed if they don't get collected they'll donate them to the TSW Poopey takeover n close bid.

I think there were at least 2 holes where we DIDN'T see your silph-like form. There was also the long walk away from the scorers hut, where you got more coverage than Rooney's goal. :rolleyes:

Im writing to Sky to demand a refund. :scared:

You havent mentioned the gobbing. Sky went loopy about it and he has now been fined. Did you get sprayed?

I think there were at least 2 holes where we DIDN'T see your silph-like form. There was also the long walk away from the scorers hut, where you got more coverage than Rooney's goal. :rolleyes:

You havent mentioned the gobbing. Sky went loopy about it and he has now been fined. Did you get sprayed?

funny isn't it,Woods hits form, DP ushers him around and the poor sod falls to pieces and he loses his marbles and starts spitting. DP has that type of effect, you should have seen the floor of his teams changing room after the Forum game, there was loads of bodily fluid on the floor.......ooooh

Haha you won't believe it but no I missed that moment.... The reality is even worse - what a job.

Sergio went 1st put his putt close so tapped in, then left the green and went to the Public Toilets between 12th & 13th Tee. So of course I have to go and stay close. He goes in and I'm standing outside saying - sorry guys this one's out of order for few moments, couple of lads come up and say wow, what a job you have hanging around outside men's toilets....

What I can report is that Tiger's Eff word count was REALLY high on Sunday. the hilarious (but sweet) bit is that he always refers to himself as Tiger so we had a succession of F**k F**K F**K Tiger, you Effing eff you're effing sh1t. And as (my new best mate) Kevin Garside of the Torygraph commented - not quite what you want to allow your little kids to hear from their hero.

FWIW Richard Boxtall (Not sure on spelling) (The Sky tater) is a Reading fan & he & Wayne Reily kept nicking roll ups off me all the way round here & Abu Dhabi. HE agrees with us big time about the cheats (but of course not in public) and did promise to try and find this thread and recommend it to his Sky buddies, unlike Brian Lara he did decline (with a huge lol) the opportunity to give us a formal quote

So good job I slept through that one as well spoke to a few people who went and they said it was horrific, once the fascination of expecting her to drop dead on stage passed they just wanted to leave as fast as they could

It sounds like a Saturday at Fratton Park.

funny isn't it,Woods hits form, DP ushers him around and the poor sod falls to pieces and he loses his marbles and starts spitting. DP has that type of effect, you should have seen the floor of his teams changing room after the Forum game, there was loads of bodily fluid on the floor.......ooooh

Oi my job was to give Tiger relationship counselling. I gave the golf lessons to Retief Goosen in Abu Dhabi 3 weeks ago on the Saturday and he was brilliant. Working at the Pinnacle of global sport (unlike the skates or their fans) you MUST be 120% focused, committed and 150% fecking mad

Look, after working with me Tiger managed to find a fit young chick in a mini skirt in the middle of a desert - hell I even pointed THIS photo oppty out to the Torygraph as well (her name is Amy, she is fit and a very good golfer & stalked him all week)

Trust me, after a few minutes chatting to her in the bar later there was a huge danger of more bodily fluid on the floor

My efforts

2aaginr.jpg

Tiger even let her hold his stick but this view was good enough for those of us with a heart condition

Torygraph said

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/picturegalleries/8313679/Tiger-Woods-at-Omega-Dubai-Desert-Classic.html?image=6

And guys, you should have seen her grip and clubhead speed

Why has this turned into a golf thread? :D

Surely we have enough Pompey material to keep us occupied for years don't we?

My bad. Global superstars know the name Poopey because of financial irregularities they have no idea they won anything

Game over back on track. It was just a diversion to keep the thread in the top 10 in The Lounge whilst TSW Moscow Office work their magic for us. Don't worry, if that one goes wrong, we have a former Liberian Dictator lined up to try to take them over for a week or two. The good news is I hear DD is being done by the Russkies.

So that story will soon fade away then

where are all these emergency loan players that they promised?

I see them staying up, clearing out the squad, hopefully getting a mid-summer points penalty that will send new signings running, and starting next season with a 5-0 drubbing at St Marys.

Or Fratton.

I'm not fussy,

as Tiger would say.

My bad. Global superstars know the name Poopey because of financial irregularities they have no idea they won anything

Game over back on track. It was just a diversion to keep the thread in the top 10 in The Lounge whilst TSW Moscow Office work their magic for us. Don't worry, if that one goes wrong, we have a former Liberian Dictator lined up to try to take them over for a week or two. The good news is I hear DD is being done by the Russkies.

So that story will soon fade away then

Good grief! No wonder he's thinking of a career move... :scared:

News has been a bit slow for them down the road recently. Are the ruskies still sniffing around? Did they get as far as the FAPPT when they were interested in Bompey? That test is supposed to be new and improved so is it improved enough to sniff out the ruskies ties with organised crime and so on?

The BBC stated that the HMRC are in court today trying to sort out the order in which fooball clubs pay thier debts. They then flashed a long picture of Poortsmoufh and then liverpool ?

I assume the BBC were in a cack handed way, refering to the football creditors rule.

Acountency age....

HMRC IS DUE TO FACE the Football Association Premier League (FAPL) in High Court tomorrow, over the controversial football creditor rule.

Both sides are expected to put forward their arguments in court. The Premier League is expected to ask for the case to be thrown out.

Premier League defends preferential insolvency rule

Portsmouth see off HMRC's CVA appeal The taxman is battling to have the football creditor rule overturned as it believes the rule - which prioritises players, managers and clubs in the event of an administration - is "unlawful". If a football club enters administration all football creditors are paid in full. The remaining funds are then divided among remaining secured and unsecured creditors.

In the Portsmouth FC administration the taxman is likely to be paid just one fifth of an estimated £37m it is owed.

A spokesman from HMRC said last year: "There is nothing in insolvency legislation that provides for unsecured debts due to 'football creditors' to be paid in preference to other unsecured creditors such as HMRC.

"Our view is that the practical application of the so called 'football creditors rule' may be unlawful."

The trial window will allow both sides to put forward their arguments and will be heard by a judge. If necessary the judge will allocate time and set a trial date.

http://www.accountancyage.com/aa/news/2026081/hmrc-begin-premier-league-court-battle#ixzz1E0qnaPdg

Edited by tony13579

News has been a bit slow for them down the road recently. Are the ruskies still sniffing around? Did they get as far as the FAPPT when they were interested in Bompey? That test is supposed to be new and improved so is it improved enough to sniff out the ruskies ties with organised crime and so on?

OK sorry I thought DD was obvious.

So, I have heard that the Russkies are doing Due Dilligence.

Which should be the end of the line for that story then

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/15/football-transfer-rumours-neymar-chelsea

Love the bit about 'arry!

In the Daily Mail Spurs will not "stand in Harry Redknapp's way" if the FA wants him to succeed Fabio Capello when the Italian finally dies of boredom shortly after Euro 2012. The best bit comes right at the end of the Mail's EXCLUSIVE. "At the moment, however, the main obstacle for Redknapp and England centres on [his] summer [High court] trial. The tax evasion charge carries the threat of a custodial sentence and, were Redknapp to be found guilty, any punishment could seriously harm his chances of an FA appointment." Quite right. Jailed Redknapp vows to carry on as England boss. Behind bars England supremo Harry Redknapp last night hailed his "on-the-TV-until-lights-out-by-the-guvnah" England aces. And so on.

Look, after working with me Tiger managed to find a fit young chick in a mini skirt in the middle of a desert - hell I even pointed THIS photo oppty out to the Torygraph as well (her name is Amy, she is fit and a very good golfer & stalked him all week)

Sod. Straight then! But good to hear all the negative PR D_P is spreading. The hits this thread is going to get..

The tax evasion charge carries the threat of a custodial sentence and, were Redknapp to be found guilty, any punishment could seriously harm his chances of an FA appointment."

I just love the modal in there - "could"!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/15/football-transfer-rumours-neymar-chelsea

In the Daily Mail Spurs will not "stand in Harry Redknapp's way" if the FA wants him to succeed Fabio Capello when the Italian finally dies of boredom shortly after Euro 2012. The best bit comes right at the end of the Mail's EXCLUSIVE. "At the moment, however, the main obstacle for Redknapp and England centres on [his] summer [High court] trial. The tax evasion charge carries the threat of a custodial sentence and, were Redknapp to be found guilty, any punishment could seriously harm his chances of an FA appointment." Quite right. Jailed Redknapp vows to carry on as England boss. Behind bars England supremo Harry Redknapp last night hailed his "on-the-TV-until-lights-out-by-the-guvnah" England aces. And so on.

interesting that Spurs won't stand in his way. Doesn't sound like they wish to keep him at all costs. perhaps they are sensing problems having him there...especially the wage bill

For some reason the image of the original Michael Caine version of The Italian Job just sprung to mind with "Our "Arry" masterminding everything from Parkhurst - quick tell the G'vnor to call Pearcey & get Rooney out wider on the left....

I'm a little bit confused. How long does it take to work out, that more going out than coming in isn't good, Even worse when you realise, they'e spent next years parchaute money already, worse even still when you find out the don't own half their team and another 1/3 are ******* off at the end of the season. And if you were still interested after all of that you have to contend with the fact you wont own the ar park or offices and it is highly likely any purchase will be rewarded with a points deduction next season cos of some bloke from Hayling and did i mention the 26 million pound CVA?

Thought the ruskies would have had it all wrapped by now

I'm a little bit confused. How long does it take to work out, that more going out than coming in isn't good, Even worse when you realise, they'e spent next years parchaute money already, worse even still when you find out the don't own half their team and another 1/3 are ******* off at the end of the season. And if you were still interested after all of that you have to contend with the fact you wont own the ar park or offices and it is highly likely any purchase will be rewarded with a points deduction next season cos of some bloke from Hayling and did i mention the 26 million pound CVA?

Thought the ruskies would have had it all wrapped by now

Ah yes my friend.

However, knowing how their business minds work, they will have seen the "British Football Club available for free to a good home" at Battersea Dogs home and will have obviously made enquiries.

Which then opens up a couple of other highly amusing scenarios, the worst of which would be seeing them saved by people that the Inter net thinks are even dodgier than Sacha, but some of the others, well, in the absolute funniest case we all know who would enjoy visiting the Sawadeeka Spa Massage Parlour & Sauna in Fratton's new Shopping Mall

are you suggesting the main funding came from Potpin?

Yes, Pol Pot had to be linked to the arms dealer - suddenly it all makes sense!!

Khmer you rouges!

Just when pompey thought their season had turned a corner, Ipswich put their 2-0 win at mighty Doncaster firmly into context.

I see they are due to sign David Cotterill from Swansea today for the rest of the season - with a clause meaning he can go back after 28 days.

From the comments I reckon his club just wants him to have four or five games to get fit and then they'll have him back for their run-in - I can't see any other reason Swansea would release a first team player with their position in the table.

Could be confusing for pompey's mentally fragile manager who will want to know who this third Cotterill is....

Move on 28 days and cue him moaning about the completely predictable scenario of Swansea taking 'his' player back etc.

Any due diligence progress?

Anyone else been shot?

The FL's "Owners & Directors" Test

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20100801/appendix-4_2293633_2128219

It is pretty vague i.e. I see no reference to "Russian Mafia" in the section on Disqualifying Condition so it must be ok.

The FA also have a "FIT AND PROPER PERSONS" test on page 313 (to 320) of

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/Rules_Regs/FA_Handbook_2010-11-v1.ashx/FA_Handbook_2010-11-v1.pdf

but these refer to future leagues for the Cheats FC e.g."The Football Conference Limited, The Southern Football League Limited, etc."

Page 318 has the form they need to fill out with the condition and an email address of somebody at the FA. Perhaps somebody should ask whether they are considering adding a clause about the "Russian Mafia" following a request last year by fans of a certain club to tighten up the test.

Why do they need to loan people?

They can't get near the playoffs, they won't go down, so what does it matter? Surely if there was a time to save money this is it?

They'll magically give a load of new contracts and sign plenty more in the summer anyway. Or have an entirely on loan team. Hope we get them at SMS first day of the season.

I suppose they could be working on the theory that though they should be good enough to stay out of the bottom 3 given their squad there is still the real chance they will get a 10 point fine if storeyteller is found guilty. Given that quite possible scenario they would want to try to make sure not only are they not in the bottom 3 but that they are at least 10 points clear of the drop.

I suppose they could be working on the theory that though they should be good enough to stay out of the bottom 3 given their squad there is still the real chance they will get a 10 point fine if storeyteller is found guilty. Given that quite possible scenario they would want to try to make sure not only are they not in the bottom 3 but that they are at least 10 points clear of the drop.

When is his court case - I've forgotten.

When is his court case - I've forgotten.

Court case is in May - not sure what date but if (?) found guilty it would be after the end of the season before the Football League applied any penalty.

Difficult to apply a retrospective points deduction when the season is already over, but if the Football League applied this the cheats would only appeal. Bearing in mind the new fixtures are published on 17th June 2011, its more likely that the points deduction would apply to next season thereby delaying the inevitable drop to League 1 by a year (if they last that long).

If you finish 11 points clear, does a 10 point deduction then carry over to the next season? Because a 10 point deduction when 11 points clear is absolutely no punishment is it.

Surely you remember the rules from our points deduction? They were engraved on my heart.

There is a fixed date --before it the deduction happens immediately regardless of how many points you have at that time.

After it, the deduction happens the next season unless applying it immediately would cause relegation, in which case, that is what happens. We went into administration just after the date, so the points came off next season because we were relegated anyway. If we hadn't been relegated anyway they'd have come off in-season to make sure were relegated.

Of course with any further (unlikely in my view) Pompey points deduction it won't be for administration as such anyway ..they've had that punishment. The authorities can be pretty much as nasty as they want for other deductions. Look at what they did to Luton and others.

Why do they need to loan people?

They can't get near the playoffs, they won't go down, so what does it matter? Surely if there was a time to save money this is it?

They'll magically give a load of new contracts and sign plenty more in the summer anyway. Or have an entirely on loan team. Hope we get them at SMS first day of the season.

They aint gonna go up barring a miracle, and they won't go down unless Sheff Utd and Palace dramatically improve and their poor form continues and/or Peter Storrie comes to the rescue and gets them a hefty points deduction, (which if happened then IMO Storrie should get the Freedom of the city of Southampton) or their liquidated.

It's looking like we're going to be in the same league as them next season, hopefully they'll be a team full of loans/frees and we can settle the 4-1 score

Hmmm trouble now kicking off in Libya.

That Gaddaffi family may need somewhere to live & work soon. I hear that Mubarak may go to the UK - he's loaded

Plenty of time left in this yet, so many undesirables out there to link them with

Few skirmishes in Bahrain I hear also, Mr Ecclestone is supposed to be watching it with interest as F1 is supposed to be going there in a month's time.

Few skirmishes in Bahrain I hear also, Mr Ecclestone is supposed to be watching it with interest as F1 is supposed to be going there in a month's time.

Nah that's been going on and off and on and off for ages, it's a slightly different cause there with the Shia majority trying to overturn the Sunni majority and get more representation in their Parliament. It wouldn't be a mass uprising like the others for them it really is more of a Political one not a get rid of a Dictator one.

Now the Iranians on the other hand, well they have form in starting revolutions

If you finish 11 points clear, does a 10 point deduction then carry over to the next season? Because a 10 point deduction when 11 points clear is absolutely no punishment is it.

Im not sure they have rules that allow for when a points deduction is taken for these circumstances. They have it in place for -10 for administration in that there is a cut off date that sets the ball rolling for the this season or next season scenario. Go into admin before the date and the points are that season no matter what, after that date and it depends on how far from the bottom you finish as to when the points come off.

Tax evasion type points have just been dished out straight away in the past I think but they have usually been enough points to royally shaft the club in the process. Im guessing the FL will either bend over backwards to help out Poopy if further points are taken away or change the rules to make sure they are delt with the same way as they should for going into admin.