Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They do seem to forget that however much some may want Cotterill out,who in their right mind would take over.

I am still awaiting an answer from the few i have asked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A80956353

Does anyone think we can hold onto him until the end of the season. Has been linked with other teams around the country recently and with our owners struggling to keep promises do you think he would consider leaving us?

They can't even make up their own minds.

:lol::lol::lol: :facepalm:

If HMRC win their image rights case then how much more is the club liable to pay? Or does that liability fall on the previous company?

Matters not. I'm sure that the player contracts pre & post Admin will still have Image Rights in them, so even if they cannot come after the old stuff there is still most of this season's payments

Interesting that the FA have just hammered St Albans with a 10 point deduction for " financial irregularities".

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/st-albans-040211

At a Regulatory Hearing today, St. Albans City FC were deducted ten league points and fined £7,500 after a case of financial irregularities was proven.

The Conference South club were found to be in breach of the following FA Rules - C2(b)(ii), C1(b)(viii) and C2(b)(iii).

The three breaches are in relation to financial irregularities in respect to payments and expenses to players.

In summing up, the Chairman of the Regulatory Commission had serious concerns over the financial irregularities within the Club during the 2008-09 season. Such irregularities enabled the Club to have an unfair sporting advantage over others within the League which is simply unacceptable.

St Albans City FC were warned as to their future conduct and the ten league points deduction is immediate

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=10910

The rules that the club was found to be in breach of – C2(b)(ii) and C2(b)(iii) – relate to payments being made to uncontracted players and this is what they say:

(ii) All salaried payments must be subject to PAYE and National Insurance.

(iii) Any Player’s paid expenses must be reimbursed via an expense claim form. The Club must retain all expense records in a format acceptable to the HM Revenue and Customs.

So, in other words, the club was paying players “under the counter” and not paying the tax that is payable upon them.

So it is nice to hear the FA are still on the case of payments to players "under the counter".

Bring on the Cheats FC court case.

Will be interesting to see how a smallish Championship club with no parachute money can accommodate an extra player on 37K a week wages!

That figure would allow then to afford 9 x Lloyd James's in their team. In fact it would probably have been about 3 Rasiaks

And they haven't got enough players to fill out a subs bench

hahahahahaha

Chainrai's a secured creditor, not a football creditor. The Premier League will ensure that parachute payments go first and foremost to football creditors, such as clubs owed transfer fees, ex-players owed payments (hello, Sol!) and the like. I'm pretty sure that Chainrai can't get his mitts on any parachute money until all those are paid off in full.

My bad, yes, he's second in line behind the football creditors. But I'm sure there must be enough left over after they've been paid, otherwise he wouldn't be paying Lawrence et al.'s wages and keeping Cheats FC's rotten corpse on life support.

According to reports Cotterill had a blazing row with fans in the stand and seems to be losing it on occasions.

Friends who were at the game state he is coming across as a little unstable and they think he will be gone sooner rather than later.

If Chinny pulls the plug he won't be only one gone sooner rather than later. :lol:

it seems fairly clear that Haim is a pompey player and they owe him wages, it looks like a clumsy and illegal way to try and save money.

Not sure I've ever heard of a player who doesn't know who he is contracted to play for.

His loan is up, he returns.

And you know you are in trouble when West Ham (who are happy to pay insane money to a sadly-fading Bridgey and 50 year old Robbie Keane) decide your player is too expensive.

even now pompey can still outbid the maddest millionaires.

Just when your weekend looks like going down the sh*tter a ray of sunny shine Pearce's its way through the darkening clouds gathering over fratton, In the form of match day live on the gooogle box, Yep like us you cant even snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory, Still for us neutrals (LOL) it was a good game to watch,(unlike the shyt we had to endure)

Oh and the so called blazin row Cotters was meant to of had, A smug **** from the posh seats yelled out (what you gonna do with that defense Steve!) Cotters yelled back,(If i had 3 mill in the window Then a lot more than i can do now)

Just when your weekend looks like going down the sh*tter a ray of sunny shine Pearce's its way through the darkening clouds gathering over fratton, In the form of match day live on the gooogle box, Yep like us you cant even snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory, Still for us neutrals (LOL) it was a good game to watch,(unlike the shyt we had to endure)

Oh and the so called blazin row Cotters was meant to of had, A smug **** from the posh seats yelled out (what you gonna do with that defense Steve!) Cotters yelled back,(If i had 3 mill in the window Then a lot more than i can do now)

Do you sit in the posh seats Mack???

Just the one centre back on crazy wages then?

Sounds like SC doesn't realise he is a manager at a club that's had money problems.

I thought he was pretty thick to take on a job down there when all looked so bleak. But comments like that just make him look like the thickest man in football!

Keep them comic SC. lol

If HMRC win their image rights case then how much more is the club liable to pay? Or does that liability fall on the previous company?

I am no lawyer/accountant, but I would suspect that the players themselves would be liable, rather than the club. The club might have to pay some NI but the bulk (income tax and NI) would be for the players. However, the players aren't going to be too chuffed that the deal that they had is going to be taxed more than they thought. I guess it also rather depends if they sign deals with salaries that are nett or gross. They then might look to the club to recompense them.

They have deliberately not developed the boxes - I think the club are worried that if you offer free parking with hospitality the guests will bring forty untaxed vehicles and stay for a month - especially troublesome when you don't own the car park and a child-maimer charges you for every space.

But with the 'posh' seat you do get a match programme, pegs, commemorative horse brass, and the chance to 'grab' the man of the match.

Great to see Avram's career going so well.

He now knows that Karma isn't the name of his favourite Latvian crack addict.

Chainrai's a secured creditor, not a football creditor. The Premier League will ensure that parachute payments go first and foremost to football creditors, such as clubs owed transfer fees, ex-players owed payments (hello, Sol!) and the like. I'm pretty sure that Chainrai can't get his mitts on any parachute money until all those are paid off in full.

Are you sure? I presume that he is charging the club to use the ground which I suspect would be a secured debt, plus no doubt quite a lot of his HUGE interest charges I am sure are in there somewhere.

I still can't decide whether he actually has been incredibly stupid and has been stiffed, or whether this was the plan all along. One thing that he has been truthful about was his desire not to own the club., although didn't this stance change a little when they had a few results under their belt and looked as if they could push for promotion. Anyway, that is in the past. It is clear that he is not going to put any more money in as he would have done this on two occasions - one was the transfer window, and the other was when taking over. Why would you "buy" a club and then leave it in the same perilous state as it was before the take over. £16.5m in footballing terms is not huge and it would have been best to pay off the CVA quickly.

As none of this is happening, I guess that we are all correct in our thinking (and even the skates can see it), that no money is going in and just money coming out. Why the FA does nothing about it is anyone's guess. Maybe when the bank makes an error with next month's wages, they might step in.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/east-hampshire/could_a_russian_banker_be_eyeing_up_football_club_1_2387870

Might already be posted on here, but another mug maybe, he syas he likes Pompey,

From the article:

HE’S rich, he likes to try to buy football clubs, and he’s just named Pompey as his favourite team.

Something doesn't quite ring true!!!!

Why doesn't this surprise me at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Antonov

A simple Wiki-seach shows Antonov to have dodgy contacts. "Antonov's interests (29.9% of the shares) in Spyker Cars were said to have delayed the purchase of Saab Automobile in late 2009. An investigation by the Swedish monetary agency Riksgälden and the Swedish security police Säpo had allegedly found connections between the Antonov family and organized crime, as well as involvement in money laundering. Säpo reported their findings to the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation, and shortly afterwards GM stopped further talks about the deal until the Antonov family had sold their shares in Spyker Cars"

Pompey, the whore of dodgy money men!

nowhere near rich enough, they need someone to risk £50M to stand still and £150M if they want to seriously turn things round.

The years of debt and ludicrous wages is crippling their future.

A new owner needs to buy off so many people and service so much debt it's a non-starter - hence the lack of any interest in a year.

The business just doesn't offer a return to justify the outlay.

The only way it could work is with Prem money coming in - that was the only asset a year ago, that's when they should have taken what they could get, but Chanrai chose to gamble.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/east-hampshire/could_a_russian_banker_be_eyeing_up_football_club_1_2387870

Might already be posted on here, but another mug maybe, he syas he likes Pompey,

These were the guys who were rejected by Eddie Mitchell at Bournemouth. Something wasn't right. If you remember they were introduced by none other than LLSaint-or is it LLCherry-or is it now LLP-----y?

I am no lawyer/accountant, but I would suspect that the players themselves would be liable, rather than the club. The club might have to pay some NI but the bulk (income tax and NI) would be for the players. However, the players aren't going to be too chuffed that the deal that they had is going to be taxed more than they thought. I guess it also rather depends if they sign deals with salaries that are nett or gross. They then might look to the club to recompense them.

I asked because I saw a report that Chelsea might have to find around £3m, mainly to cover NI payments, as you suggest. Other clubs would be affected, of course.

TBF, he's done an appaling job. Small squad or not, they have some good players and should be much higher. Some of his comments also suggest he's a bit of an idiot.

There's no 'bit' about it. He is 'doolally' for ever taking the job in the first place, especially after the excellent job he, and Howard Wilkinson, did in achieving relegation at Sunderland a couple of seasons back, eventually progressing to assist the demise of Burnley. Oh dear !

"Few details are known about Mr Dubov, who has not posted pictures of his face on the internet and did not respond to calls from The News."

So a dodgy russian, and someone who has never been seen. Where have I heard that before?

"Few details are known about Mr Dubov, who has not posted pictures of his face on the internet and did not respond to calls from The News."

So a dodgy russian, and someone who has never been seen. Where have I heard that before?

What was that old saying on the adverts for American Excuse? That'll do nicely sir!

These were the guys who were rejected by Eddie Mitchell at Bournemouth. Something wasn't right. If you remember they were introduced by none other than LLSaint-or is it LLCherry-or is it now LLP-----y?

And given Bournemouth's parlous state of financial affairs,this lots credentials would have had to have been bad for them to get blown out of Dorset !

I mean Bournemouth were desperate but apparantly not for the likes of this guy!

Question is are the Pikeys just as desperate ............ Think I have answered my own question there ;)

http://www.wfblondon.co.uk/

LOL - dodgy website. No company registration details. No registered address. Both against the law. No VAT number. A postal address in Enfield, for a "bank"!!!! Spiv alert. Do a Google Streetview on the property - f***ing hilarious. Can't work out if this is above the funeral directors or not!!

At least they are a Ltd company with a registration number 04775213. Their stated "nature of business" is: 6330 - Travel agencies etc; tourist, 7414 - Business & management consultancy and 7450 - Labour recruitment

Good luck skates..

http://www.wfblondon.co.uk/

LOL - dodgy website. No company registration details. No registered address. Both against the law. No VAT number. A postal address in Enfield, for a "bank"!!!! Spiv alert. Do a Google Streetview on the property - f***ing hilarious. Can't work out if this is above the funeral directors or not!!

At least they are a Ltd company with a registration number 04775213. Their stated "nature of business" is: 6330 - Travel agencies etc; tourist, 7414 - Business & management consultancy and 7450 - Labour recruitment

Good luck skates..

It should be the place above the funeral home. Very fittingly for the skates :)

Absolutely hilarious.

159a Chase Side. I use to live near there about 50 years ago. It seems to be an accountants office:

http://www.londononline.co.uk/profiles/10411/

The company, like mine, is probably registered at the accountant's address. However, my company's contact details aren't the same as my accountant's!!!

But for such a rich man, would they use this accountant? PMSL http://www.andrewjgeary.co.uk/

Looking for an accountant?

Perhaps you are starting out in business for the first time. Who should you inform? Do you need a business bank account and will you need to borrow money? Can you obtain a grant? Should you form a limited company, and if so, how? When will you pay tax and how much is it likely to be? Should you register for VAT? What are the set-up costs involved?

Are you presently running a business and are not happy with your existing accounting arrangements? Is the bookwork getting too much for you? Are you receiving big accountancy bills but little advice? Do you ever meet your accountant? Are the accounts late? Is the taxman hovering?

Perhaps you are not a business person, but an individual, with shares or buy-to-let properties or some other investments which require you to complete a tax return. The return is daunting … what on earth should you do with it? Couldn’t your time be better spent elsewhere? And will it all have to be sold eventually anyway to pay inheritance tax?

We are here to answer all these questions for you, and we may not be as expensive as you think.

Absolute farce. Not even the skates are falling for this one this time.

The company, like mine, is probably registered at the accountant's address. However, my company's contact details aren't the same as my accountant's!!!

But for such a rich man, would they use this accountant? PMSL http://www.andrewjgeary.co.uk/

Absolute farce. Not even the skates are falling for this one this time.

Their local rag seemed to think it was worth printing and there are a number of responses on the thread, so I reckon some actually will fall for it !

Desperation or stupidity ? Take your pick :)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/lifestyle/tn2-saturday/a-weekend-with/pompey_probe_to_focus_on_former_owners_1_2388773

Is it me or has android dropped of the face of the planet.

So anyway they are going after the owners, who are liable for any monies spent after the point of trading insolvently........ That could be a long time ago.

Think somebody might want to tell him that he will be wasting his time !

Slasher will be out of reach and out of the country, Al Fahim has'nt a pot to **** in anyway and the other one is a mannequin!

The club is on track to break even for the year ending May 31, compared to a £13.5m pre-tax loss for the year ending 31 May 2009.

It is welcome news for fans still worried about the club.

Unfortunately for the few - break-even in an accounting sense does not necessarily indicate a healthy cash-flow. It is cash that they need...and lots of it. They are going to have to purchase a new squad in the summer.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})