Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

With the most recent bank error story I do think someone should come up with a pompey game based loosely on Monopoly. Players have to compete going round the board buying up players. Obviously they only start with a little money but gain more each time they pass "Do no pay creditors" and also once the money has run out you can continue to buy anything you like by writing out an IOU. Just wondering what could be used as the game pieces? Small brown envelope, model of their flush new stadium, a rusty lump of iron to represent FP?

Fratton Park would obviously sit where Old Kent Road does. The luxury house on Hayling Island could be the equivalent of that pinnacle of ambition, Mayfair. All the tax references in community chest would obviously have to go and you might have to hide the Get out of Jail free card...

Fratton Park would obviously sit where Old Kent Road does. The luxury house on Hayling Island could be the equivalent of that pinnacle of ambition, Mayfair. All the tax references in community chest would obviously have to go and you might have to hide the Get out of Jail free card...

You change the jail for a court, then when told you have to go to court, you laugh as you go, as you know you'll be out pronto, with more than when you went in!

Why would Lloyds TSB have the email addresses of all the players? The players wouldn't all be Lloyds TSB customers. The club are with the bank, not the players. Banks simply don't work like this in 2011 with "lists of names" going missing.

Perhaps they are getting desperate for money and needed the John Utaka money to clear before they could pay the players.

Why would Lloyds TSB have the email addresses of all the players? The players wouldn't all be Lloyds TSB customers. The club are with the bank, not the players. Banks simply don't work like this in 2011 with "lists of names" going missing.

Perhaps they are getting desperate for money and needed the John Utaka money to clear before they could pay the players.

It's funny how the 'News' never picks up on things like this or are they just the unofficial mouthpiece for the crooks ?

I'm sure the Sun (if they could be bothered) would not leave loose ends like this !

It was 'only' 10 players affected so, conceivably, it could be just the players with Lloyds accounts that were affected.

That said, I'd be surprised if they used email to communicate such an error. Banks are very reluctant to use email to communicate with customers about personal issues for security reasons.

I'm sure with the level of their income they would be looked after by the 'VIP department' (Wealth Management they used to call it - I worked at Lloyds for 20 years...) and any problems would have initially been dealt with by a phone call.

I still know people at Lloyds so will see if anything has popped up about this on their intranet...

If you fiddlers don't pull your fingers out it could be the only we get the Derby's back on the menu,

Dear Constant Readers

Just a moment in time, and yet such a moment as to cause a Cataclysmic shift in the entire fabric of the Universe,

Yes, here we are, almost 37,000 posts into the now Legendary Poopey thread and finally we something of quite stunning proportions.

Yes, gentle folk, I give you this moment to take away and treasure until the end of all eternity.

A Skate fan just posted on our sight (& I translate for you)

Get you're Act together Saints & hurry up and get promoted.

There is a God. Olivia Dunham from Fringe will have a 3some with me & the GF and NC will have a nice Dinner with NI

Oh guys - FFS don't tell the GF I mentioned Anna Torv OK? Thanks

If it's going to resemble the Cheats saga there should be 50 get out of jail free cards. That's about as many they've used so far.

Cheating, lying, bastards.

half the squad have wage issues, it was a bank error.......again.

Funny how the bank hasn't come out and apologised or offered a version of events as any delay would be a PR disaster for their customer and they would want to support them by making a statement.

Yet we have nothing.

If we are playing Call my Bluff I will go for the 'waiting for Utaka fee to clear' version.

Which is significant if cashflow is that poor.

This sounds a bit familiar...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/east-hampshire/bank_error_causes_delay_in_wages_for_pompey_players_1_2380082

Still it was all explained to everyone's satisfaction.

Don't believe that for a second. In what imaginary bizarro-world does monthly payroll work anything like this implies? Sending a list of names to a bank and saying "please give these employees their wages for the month, thanks very much"? And if Lloyds are providing some kind of payroll service, I highly it is based upon some intensely manual process requiring a "list of names". This smells fishy indeed... even for the skates.

Don't believe that for a second. In what imaginary bizarro-world does monthly payroll work anything like this implies? Sending a list of names to a bank and saying "please give these employees their wages for the month, thanks very much"? And if Lloyds are providing some kind of payroll service, I highly it is based upon some intensely manual process requiring a "list of names". This smells fishy indeed... even for the skates.

*... I highly doubt it is based...

Has anybody worked out how long Chainrai needs to be in charge of the Skates to get his money back out of the parachute payments? He clearly isn't putting any/much money into the club. I suspect he has told Clampitt he has to fund the club on gate money, which he blew on a couple of 'quality' wage packets... er signings, which is why they can't afford any more despite the bluster.

So Chinny sits back, takes the parachute payments to get his 'loan back, and watches on as the club continues to die slowly. But at which point does he cut his losses and run? Possibly just before the CVA money has to begin being paid next April seems a likely moment.

Page 1000 here we come.

is this the same reason they delayed the January payment to the legal firms and administrators?

I can't see why AA would go without his cash if it was there.

A neutral might suggest that it looks like cashflow is on a knife edge.

If that is the case, how on earth are they going to pay this month??

If I were among the few, and I shudder at that thought, if I didn't see an apology from Lloyds backing the pompey version of events I would be very worried, the financial safety of the end of the season and end of contracts is a long way away for a company with no money.

Time for another competitively-priced loan from the shark! - at a rate that will amount to the parachute income.

Has anybody worked out how long Chainrai needs to be in charge of the Skates to get his money back out of the parachute payments? He clearly isn't putting any/much money into the club. I suspect he has told Clampitt he has to fund the club on gate money, which he blew on a couple of 'quality' wage packets... er signings, which is why they can't afford any more despite the bluster.

So Chinny sits back, takes the parachute payments to get his 'loan back, and watches on as the club continues to die slowly. But at which point does he cut his losses and run? Possibly just before the CVA money has to begin being paid next April seems a likely moment.

Page 1000 here we come.

Just remember one KEY point.

Poopey will not get ANY Parachute Money UNTIL it has been used to pay back the Footballing Debts. Those debts were outside of the CVA (hence why HMRC are taking the court action again), and because the Parachute comes from the footballing authorities with strings on the club will not get their hands on them as the authorities will pay the monies directly to the Footballing Creditors.

So as I don't have the energy to google all the numbers, my guess is that the 48mil over 4 years means that year one money all went far away from the club. Hence CHinny will not get any until the end of the season at best.

Now if only their Board had been as wise as Rupert (hahaha) and realised that they HAD to get to the end of the season in order to survive and be able to move forwards no matter what League they were in. But oh no they obviously got their advice on strategy from Mike Wilde.

To get any of the Parachute money they have to get to the end of the season. ANY new loans that they have to beg Chinny for will just cause the pain to continue but the interest (20%) will deprive them of any hope of getting out of the mess.

So, it simply means that their only plan YET AGAIN was to try and con some new mug into buying them. Shame they didn't read the papers at the start of the season, they'd have noticed there is a recession on

Page 1000 here we come.

IIRC, Poopy were given an £11m advance of their parachute money LAST January. There was also mention, many months and pages back, that they had ALREADY used up half of NEXT YEARS parachute money. As DP has said, other parachute money will be paid direct to football creditors. I honestly don't think there is much left of it for Chinny to get his hands on; nor for Poopy to use to keep trading. Hence, probably why there are fears amongst the few of going into admin again before this season is over.

I believe the parachute payments are:

1st year - 16m GONE

2nd year - 16m ALMOST GONE

3rd year - 8m

4th year - 8m

I am pretty sure the 3rd and 4th year's payments will be used for football creditors. Don't look good for them does it?

Question, for those more in the know, if they re-enter admin before the CVA money starts being paid, what happens to said monies owed? Are they just written off? or, do they have to be included into any subsequent CVA?

IIRC, Poopy were given an £11m advance of their parachute money LAST January. There was also mention, many months and pages back, that they had ALREADY used up half of NEXT YEARS parachute money. As DP has said, other parachute money will be paid direct to football creditors. I honestly don't think there is much left of it for Chinny to get his hands on; nor for Poopy to use to keep trading. Hence, probably why there are fears amongst the few of going into admin again before this season is over.

1st year - 16m GONE

3rd year - 8m

4th year - 8m

I am pretty sure the 3rd and 4th year's payments will be used for football creditors. Don't look good for them does it?

Question, for those more in the know, if they re-enter admin before the CVA money starts being paid, what happens to said monies owed? Are they just written off? or, do they have to be included into any subsequent CVA?

The answer is intriguing to us all, I'm sure. Can they go back into admin or will it be liquidation?

If the can go back into admin presumably the way out will be via a C.V.A. Now, don't laugh, will the current creditors get whatever percentage is agreed of their current 20%? 20% of 20% of £2,600 (remember, Chinny paid up all those who were owed £2,500 !) = £104 paid over 5 years?

The answer is intriguing to us all, I'm sure. Can they go back into admin or will it be liquidation?

If the can go back into admin presumably the way out will be via a C.V.A. Now, don't laugh, will the current creditors get whatever percentage is agreed of their current 20%? 20% of 20% of £2,600 (remember, Chinny paid up all those who were owed £2,500 !) = £104 paid over 5 years?

Aren't there further penalties (e.g. points deductions) if they go into administration more than once over a given period of time?

I still don't get Lampitt's role in all this. If I was in a bit of a sinecure, bringing home a decent coin, I don't know that I'd jack it in to join a club like PFC. OK he probably got paid more, but he must have known the risks.

I still wonder if he's spying on them :D

Lampitt joining PFC seemed odd at the time - but who better to give them the inside track on what they could and couldn't get away with. AA/BC clearly wanted Lampitt to ensure they would be able to bend every rule to breaking point. They must have offered him a sizable wedge to make the move from the FA - and I wouldn't bet against their being a huge (like six /seven figure huge) bonus in there based on keeping PFC afloat long enough for BC's money to be paid back (with interest, of course).

I still don't get Lampitt's role in all this. If I was in a bit of a sinecure, bringing home a decent coin, I don't know that I'd jack it in to join a club like PFC. OK he probably got paid more, but he must have known the risks.

I still wonder if he's spying on them :D

I still think that he was 'put' in there to keep a lid on the truth.

Ah ha! I've worked it out. Clever old Chinny!

He knew there was no chance of getting his cash back.

The Boys they brought in knew there was no chance so they played the "We're going straight up card"

And the whole lot of them who really knew the score went and bet a fortune on releagtion - hell with all the hype they likely got someothing like 20-1

Brilliant plan Moriarity

For info only....

Charity Football Match..At Havant and Waterlooville FC

10th March 2011 KO 1.00 PM

Raising Funds For Cancer Research UK's WORK INTO MALE CANCERS.

EX PORTSMOUTH XI

From:- Alan Knight, Mark Chamberlain, Guy Butters, Darren Anderton, Andy Awford, Guy Whittingham, Billy Gilbert,

Keith Viney, Joe Laidlaw, Paul Wood, Gavin McGuire, Kit Symons....Plus others to be nominated....

EX SOUTHAMPTON XI

From:- Paul Jones, Jason Dodd, Francis Benali, Claus Lundekvam, Paul Williams, Ian Baird, Nicky Banger, Andy Cook, Mark Blake, Tommy Widdrington, Steve Baker, Adi Aymes (Hampshire wicket keeper), David Howells, Leroy Whale, Rod Wallace, Jo Tessem, Marcel Cullers, Greg Llewellyn, Neil Heaney, Bill Beaney, Glen Cockerill, Jimmy Case, David Hughes, Les Cleevely, Barry Blankley, Jeremy Stagg, Gordon Watson

Referees: Ken Webb - 1st half

Huw Evans - 2nd half

Assistant referees: Mark Robbie & Sonnie Emeney - from Portsmouth

George Kimber-Sweatman & David Partner from Southampton

ENTRANCE FEE £5.00 AS A DONATION

My Walk Up Kilimanjaro - KEN WEBB: February 2011.

Diagnosed with testicular cancer and prostate cancer. Have now set myself a challenge to try and raise funds for Cancer Research UK

www.justgiving.com/ken-webb

FOR Ken WEBB.....

many thanks,

ottery st mary

Edited by ottery st mary

1st year - 16m GONE

3rd year - 8m

4th year - 8m

Chinny is a "football creditor", and presumably at the head of the queue when those parachute payments come in.

Chinny is a "football creditor", and presumably at the head of the queue when those parachute payments come in.

Chainrai's a secured creditor, not a football creditor. The Premier League will ensure that parachute payments go first and foremost to football creditors, such as clubs owed transfer fees, ex-players owed payments (hello, Sol!) and the like. I'm pretty sure that Chainrai can't get his mitts on any parachute money until all those are paid off in full.

it's greedy footballers first in line for the cash so that means most of their parachute money rather than being utilised to stabilise a relegated club and give it infrastructure will be invested in chrome wheel trims, oversized baseball caps, shiny ear studs and tattoos.

That's how they chose to spend it - the TV money is still going through the club, not into it.

According to reports Cotterill had a blazing row with fans in the stand and seems to be losing it on occasions.

Friends who were at the game state he is coming across as a little unstable and they think he will be gone sooner rather than later.

TBF, he's done an appaling job. Small squad or not, they have some good players and should be much higher. Some of his comments also suggest he's a bit of an idiot.