Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

With Utaka leaving the score isn't 0-0 :) Sorry sods can't even keep track of the one transfer they did in January.

Ah but players going out don't really count, it's all about what they get in.

But glad they haven't got rid of Ben Haim (is he now back from West Ham?), Brown, Hughes & Herman who will still be drawing their wages!!

Ah but players going out don't really count, it's all about what they get in.

But glad they haven't got rid of Ben Haim (is he now back from West Ham?), Brown, Hughes & Herman who will still be drawing their wages!!

yep ben haim is back at Pompey, crocked and "doing an Utaka"

Peter Storrie is without doubt a Saints legend

Not to mention the biggest LOL of the Transfer Window.

According to SSN one of the teams trying to get Shaun Wright-Phillips was.....you've got it.

Cotterill's potless wonders.

SWP?!!??? Pompey can't afford BWP.... :D

I had SSN on last night but wasn't really watching, I thought they said that but just assumed I heard wrong!!

PMSL, they really are deluded.

I noticed yesterday that the Skate News had a 'live update' function for deadline day activity !

That must have been a roaring success, eh ? :)

Perhaps along the lines of:

Konchesky bid is in ............. Told to feck off

Mears bid is in ....................Told to feck off

Johnson bid is in ................. Told to feck off

SWP bid is in ...................... Can't hear answer through the guffaws of laughter !

Perhaps along the lines of:

Konchesky bid is in ............. Told to feck off

Mears bid is in ....................Told to feck off

Johnson bid is in ................. Told to feck off

SWP bid is in ...................... Can't hear answer through the guffaws of laughter !

Might have missed the first part of the selling club conversation out in that summary...

OK, yes?

You want to buy one of our players?

You're offering 2 million?

OK sounds good, so how much are you intending to pay up front?

Oh.

Yes, OK, so you want the whole deal to be down to appearances in the Champions League and International appearances, have I got that right?

Oh.

Look, I'm sorry, but based on appearances for which National Team?

Oh.

No, look, I'm sorry, I don't think you'll find that XYZ is actually qualified to represent The Maldives in the European Championships

Oh, look, can I get your number and give you a call back?

I had SSN on last night but wasn't really watching, I thought they said that but just assumed I heard wrong!!

PMSL, they really are deluded.

To be fair I had to rewind it on Sky + just to make sure. How the Sky reporter didn't break into laughter I'll never know.

Let's be fair, what's going on now is much more fun than last years' court appearances.

We knew it was coming.

Just hope that Solent for once grow some balls and call Pimpley out - where's the money?

So...How long before Hughes and Brown waive their 'New Contract Clauses' just so they can play? Footballers usually want to play - so I can see some kind of deal being struck - then Pompey have a decent squad.

neither of them have played for what a month?

so I'd assumed it'd have happened by now if it was going to happen

Ok so its half an hour of my life that i am never going to get back, but very amusing none the less.

The skates boards are in melt down and ratio of posters that "get it" to those that don't is still about 1- 1000.

Thier level of intelligence is bordering on criminal. I think the problem is that when cotterill said he wanted another 5 players, they took it as red, that's what they would get.

They still don't want to acknowledge the reality of the situation, but from this side of the fence, things are moving pretty much to plan.

I do hope they have kept enough in reserve to make that first CVA payment.

Not bothered by any of it. Chainrai will put Pompey in admin again sometime in the future, but whatever, there will still be a Pompey in some shape or form. Nothing to do with the fans of Pompey. Nobody gives a feck about cheating or whatever, history will just show another trophy win to add to our tally. I laugh at scummer statements of "They just don't get it do they?"...... Maybe we don't get it? or maybe we just don't give a f*ck! The only ones who gives a f*ck is you guys, to everyone else it's tomorrows Fish 'n Chip paper. The other more 'noble' clubs on the south coast will never overtake our trophy haul (even if we disappear into oblivion, you'll still never match our Major trophy wins), so again, who gives a f*ck? Not Portsmouth 'By any means necessary' Football Club. :)

Actually PES I've got quite a few Pompey-supporting mates who do have a major problem with having cheated on £17m of their taxes. Just ask all of the staff at Portsmouth City Council probably at risk of redundancy if that money is going to missed, or the local PCT. In fact, why don't you ask the local construction companies etc in the private sector who will have to lay off staff due to loss of contracts. There are decent Pompey fans around, the ones that replenished the charitable funds that your cesspit of a football club reneged on and I take my hat off to them. Unfortunately you seem to be in the latter category, not realising that the footballing public at large well beyond think the activities were disgusting and that real people, including local small firms, have suffered.

The way Cortese runs us, we'll win things and frankly, those league wins are almost as absurd as us claiming we are better than you based on us getting to the FA Cup Final v Bury in 1898 or something. Face facts - you have a swamp of a decaying stadium, no money for the foreseeable future, an asset stripper as an owner and 13000 gates. Us? No debt, run properly, a youth system that takes all of your best talent (Chamberlain, Ward-Prowse) and a modern stadium. Oh, and 23000 average in the League below. Still, its only for a season as it looks like we'll be swapping leagues come May.

Ok so its half an hour of my life that i am never going to get back, but very amusing none the less.

The skates boards are in melt down and ratio of posters that "get it" to those that don't is still about 1- 1000.

Thier level of intelligence is bordering on criminal. I think the problem is that when cotterill said he wanted another 5 players, they took it as red, that's what they would get.

They still don't want to acknowledge the reality of the situation, but from this side of the fence, things are moving pretty much to plan.

I do hope they have kept enough in reserve to make that first CVA payment.

Radio Solent News this morning reported that Portsmouth topped the league for crime reported last December.

Edited by wightman35

I had a phone call yesterday by a skate mate.

Skate: "alright scummer?"

Me: "yeh I'm good thanks skate c*nt, wassup?"

Skate: "just thought I'd let you know were signing SWP, Norris & Konchesky. Enjoy the S****horpe reject."

Me: "Your more deluded than I thought."

Skate: Not deluded. It's called realistic. Maybe one day you will be able to attract such players."

Me: Let's wait until tomorrow to have this conversation."

I'm anticipating the call.

Out of idle curiosity..did the Pompey Manager Steve call you back...:p

Truely are revolting.

Following the end of the court case with HMRC last summer and despite describing himself as a reluctant owner, Balram Chainrai once again took ownership of Portsmouth Football Club. Mr. Chainrai and business partner Levi Kushnir have constantly repeated their mantra of only protecting their investment, yet they must realise that they have a duty of care to the club and supporters. A lack of investment and the sale of players have left manager Steve Cotterill with a threadbare squad heading into a crucial part of the season, and an uphill battle to stay in the Championship.

David Lampitt approached SOS Pompey in an attempt at appeasement following the announcement of our intended protest prior to the match against Leeds United. In the spirit of togetherness we decided to postpone that protest and sit down and talk. It is now very clear that those talks were merely lip service, and we call upon him to resign with immediate effect.

SOS Pompey call upon all supporters to voice their concern about the direction that our club is taking. It is now clear that the owners are content to allow our club to drift rudderless without investment or care. We ask you to fully support the manager and team who need us now more than ever, but we must leave the owners in no doubt we hold them in the same contempt that they hold us.

We ask you to join us in a noisy yet otherwise peaceful demonstration of our anger. Bring your Pompey colours, banners and above all your voices to the gates of Fratton Park in Frogmore Road 2pm prior to this Saturday’s game.

THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT FOOTBALL, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT FANS, PORTSMOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB IS IN THE WRONG HANDS!

We ask you to join us in a noisy yet otherwise peaceful demonstration of our anger. Bring your Pompey colours, banners and above all your voices to the gates of Fratton Park in Frogmore Road 2pm prior to this Saturday’s game.

Not another gypsy festival?

Is no-one else amazed that their fans want all these big signings and moan when they don't come? I know most football clubs have fairly thick fans who can't see beyond a big signing, but given their state and the way they've financially operated, wouldn't you have thought they'd show a little more intelligence? They can't all be that naive can they? They'd want SWP to arrive, not ask any questions, just assume it's all perfectly normal for a championship club with no money?

I wouldn't want it. If we'd thrown money around while broke I'd have felt very uncomfortable about the club's future. More to the point, with various collections, donations etc to keep the club going, does it not leave a sour taste seeing footballers who don't give a toss take big wages? Put aside the creditors who lost most the money they were owed, what about the employees losing their jobs to save costs?

It's become a horrible little microcosm of all that's wrong with football.

Whilst your points are all well made, valid and probably obvious to most, you need to read PES, above. Apparrently the blue few don't give a toss about what they do or how they achieve 'success'. Cup wins are where its all at, no matter how you achieve those wins, the record will show that they are the most superior team on the south coast - having won loads of cups irrespective of the consequences. THEY DONT ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT **** ALL ELSE.

Do I care that the record shows them to be much better than us - not a ****in' jot. Like you, I can look at our troubled times, strangely with some pleasure now, knowing that we at least tried to do it the right way. So, yeah you can keep your cups and all that, forget the gun running, money laundering, charity cheating and general lies and deciept, and go and win yet more trophies - I care not a jot.

Rivalry is one thing and long should it remain in the game - but lets not forget about decency as well, eh.

PES, whenever I think of your club I am always reminded of that (almost certainly entirely fictional) speech Cloughie made to the Leeds players during his brief reign there.

"Well, I might as well tell you now. You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Don Revie. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest fecking dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating."

Sums it all up really.

Amazing, You pony boys take a peek on POL and think thats the opinion of us the blue few. Next your gonna think the world is round, When you come knocking on there door have a look at how many pilgrims are actually on there, Whats the betting half the numbers are you lot rubber neckin, Most of us the BF know chinny will not be spending a brass razzoo, That all the heavy Dippers need to be shifted fast, And it will be a result if we can cling on to a safety place in this league, The reason there might be a small protest is not so much old Chinny keeping his hands in his pockets, but blatant lies from lampwick about what would happen in the transfer window

Amazing, You pony boys take a peek on POL and think thats the opinion of us the blue few. Next your gonna think the world is round, When you come knocking on there door have a look at how many pilgrims are actually on there, Whats the betting half the numbers are you lot rubber neckin, Most of us the BF know chinny will not be spending a brass razzoo, That all the heavy Dippers need to be shifted fast, And it will be a result if we can cling on to a safety place in this league, The reason there might be a small protest is not so much old Chinny keeping his hands in his pockets, but blatant lies from lampwick about what would happen in the transfer window

Comedy gold! :)

Some very strange ones as well;

All payments of the CVA are up to date - Well they ******* would be, they dont start until next year.

The owners have provided £1Million GBP in shareholder funds and underwrite a further facility, which at present we have not needed to utilise - Oh really? Later in his answers Lampitt admits Chanerai had to provide these undertakings to the football league in order to get their golden share. Yet the last report from UHY hacker says that they unable to pay out and admin and legal fess and were waiting for boteang and muntari money in January to pay them. Surely they could have used this facility then or doesnt chanerai want them anywhere near it? (Funny that they havent even agreed an interest rate) Note to Football league............SUCKERS.

When will the revised total of unsecured debt be known?

DL: This is likely to go on for some time yet. There are of course a couple of large amounts that are of particular interest, for example HMRC. HMRC recently made a general announcement that they may be willing to write off certain taxes prior to a certain date and we are hopeful this may have a positive impact on their unsecured debt - Yes Lampitt, we all genuinely and honestly believe that after you took them to the tune of 30 million, the fact that they our currently suing 3 associates and dragged the whole club through the courts, that they have had a change of heart and are about to write off a massive portion of the debt. Hmmmmmm, whilst i think the total debt total will come down, it will be for debt that didnt exist, but was perhaps needed to for percentage reasons for the CVA.

Secured creditors – have the Sacha Gaydamak and Portpin claims been confirmed?

DL: Not completely, although this work is ongoing

And as this little one line question and answers falls gently under the radar........................ this is massive. Not sorted out yet???????????????????????? The very first time that Gaydamak came up on the secured creditors list, he listed the same charges against the same assetts as chanerai...... They are still fighting over who actually owns what (IMHO) lol....gaydamak is still out there fighting. Beautiful.

Can you confirm the terms by which Mr Chainrai bought the club back out of administration?

DL: I do not believe this is presently in the public domain and will not be made public. It is a private commercial deal.

Surely the other creditors are informed????? What if it raised millions of pounds that could go towards their debts. If they are not informed, it could have all been a con...... oh.

Radio Solent typically airbrushing over Portsmouth's own behaviour... instead, they are continuing to peddle their "poor Portsmouth" mantra....

Vince Halaire sounds like a genuine Pompey moron as well.

...Bournemouth dribbers on now... durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mack, did someone else write this for you ? It's far from your usual standard and almost literate...

But if it was you, I always suspected you were more intelligent than you previously let on.. ;)

Mack, did someone else write this for you ? It's far from your usual standard and almost literate...

But if it was you, I always suspected you were more intelligent than you previously let on.. ;)

No doubt at all - Mack is one of my favourite posters.

Very clever - and insightful.

Cotterill - 'we were the best team tonight in both halves, we were excellent - QPR know they've had a game tonight!'.....

yes Steve, you really had the league leaders worried, they must be quite down after their comfortable 2-0 win.

I preferred it when he slagged his own players off, at least you could believe that.

Pompey lose again, just 4 points above the relegation zone, 15 off the playoffs and 20 off automatic promotion

According to a skate friend they played well but last few games the players look knackered on the hour mark.

But they only made one substitution tonight and that was after 83 minutes. If thye were all knackered surely they'd have used all three?

To be fair to the blue few, the BBC report suggests they at least had as many chances as QPR, although the quality of the chances may not have been the same of course.

Next weekend looks a big one - lots of 6 pointers, although I would actually put my money on Pompey getting a result to claw their way out of the s**t.

Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough

Ipswich v Sheffield Utd

P*mpey v Derby

Preston v Bristol City

A win would certainly get them clear of the bottom 3 (for a while at least) but anything else would be a bit of a disaster. They are currently 4 points clear but could easily end up only 1 point clear. By Saturday afternoon. A game for the bravehearts, I think.

So...How long before Hughes and Brown waive their 'New Contract Clauses' just so they can play? Footballers usually want to play - so I can see some kind of deal being struck - then Pompey have a decent squad.

Difficult choice: sit on the bench collecting nice money, or play for the Cheats and take a massive pay cut. Unlike their supporters, Hughes and Brown seem to have some intelligence. :)

To be fair to the blue few, the BBC report suggests they at least had as many chances as QPR, although the quality of the chances may not have been the same of course.

Next weekend looks a big one - lots of 6 pointers, although I would actually put my money on Pompey getting a result to claw their way out of the s**t.

Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough

Ipswich v Sheffield Utd

P*mpey v Derby

Preston v Bristol City

A win would certainly get them clear of the bottom 3 (for a while at least) but anything else would be a bit of a disaster. They are currently 4 points clear but could easily end up only 1 point clear. By Saturday afternoon. A game for the bravehearts, I think.

I think most of us agree: avoiding relegation isn't going to help them. It's promotion or bust for the Cheats.

Tragic, isn't it? :D

Wouldn't it be nice if Radio Solent gave a little more coverage to the reality of Pompey's situation rather than playing along with the PR line at the club?

Mr Blackmore was quick enough off the mark to report (just before a home game) that 'rumours' were circulating about Markus not being happy with Pards wasn't he?

I like Adam, he's honest as the day is long but the continual playing along with the 'hard luck Pompey' routine by Solent as a whole is really quite tiresome.

They haven't even seemed to question Cotterill over his claims for more players when Lembit Opik has stated they'd decided to go for 'quality over quantity'...

Come on guys...let's see you investigate how they can afford their wage bill on 13k gates eh???? Basic economics dictate that there are some big porky pies out there.

Note to Poopey....

Get your skates on (oops sorry)

There's a whole bunch of really wealthy businessmen with very strong political contacts currently doing a runner from countries bordering the Mediterranean. They are ready to any deal possible in return for a residence permit. They can save you from Chinny.

Please contact in the first instance hosnimubarak@hotmail.com or check his website anotherfinishedcrookontherunsuitableforskates.com

Pompey lose again, just 4 points above the relegation zone, 15 off the playoffs and 20 off automatic promotion

According to a skate friend they played well but last few games the players look knackered on the hour mark.

How can they possibly be knackered, they are professional sportsmen, correct me if i'm wrong but they haven't played for a week and didn't they just have a nice few days break somewhere warm and sunny?

Imagine...

Championship - relegated Portsmouth

League 1 - promoted Brighton, Saints and Bournemouth

I'd actually rather see Portsmouth not relegated. Brighton, Bournemouth and Saints promoted, and all three teams beating Portsmouth back to back the following season, and then watch Pompey relegated and confined to Blue Square and Leauge 2 for eternity :)

Imagine...

Championship - relegated Portsmouth

League 1 - promoted Brighton, Saints and Bournemouth

I would almost feel pleased if Bournemouth got promoted (though not at our expense, obviously!). They got in the financial cack, but, to be fair, have gone about the whole thing in the right way, using a bright young manager and picking up bargains from non-league and moulding them into good players, selling them on and finding more good young players. Compare that to the Skates 'quality over quantity, rip off every one and complain about being hard done by all the time' routine, ad it is hard not to wish them well.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})