Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

How can they possibly be knackered, they are professional sportsmen, correct me if i'm wrong but they haven't played for a week and didn't they just have a nice few days break somewhere warm and sunny?

With their small squad they cannot rest a lot of their players. Their having to play every league game, every cup game. Towards the end of the season they are going to tire far more than other clubs with bigger squads. I think the effect is already starting to take place. I've just had a look at their results this year, if my maths is correct they'e conceded 14 goals since the turn of the year and 10 of those have been in the second half.

The remainder of the season is going to be very long and very hard

With their small squad they cannot rest a lot of their players. Their having to play every league game, every cup game. Towards the end of the season they are going to tire far more than other clubs with bigger squads. I think the effect is already starting to take place. I've just had a look at their results this year, if my maths is correct they'e conceded 14 goals since the turn of the year and 10 of those have been in the second half.

You know. it's amazing that so many of us on this thread have worked out that there are more than 40 matches in a season. That you need 11 players on a pitch and 7 substitutes.

It's also amazing how we figured out that players can get injured, can get tired mentally and physically over a season.

So, one has to ask, how come the Management at a Professional Football Club couldn't work that out?

Sympathy because they have a small squad? Hahahaha, I've got more sympathy for Hosni Mubarak

On the theme of Pompey anyone seen the front of the 'News' internet site today.

Article there about 'A night out for staff when wet fish was big business'

Taken from the 50's I guess when Pompey were doing OK

Perhaps there is a definite link between fish obsession and football success.

How Sad, Too Bad :lol::lol::lol:

Perhaps I'm wrong but I really don't buy into this 'players need a rest during the season'. At this stage of the season they are match fit and if they can't manage 2 games a week then ease up on the training. Players years ago managed 50 odd games a season and they played on stamina sapping quagmires for half a season, not the bowling green manicured pitches of today.

Perhaps I'm wrong but I really don't buy into this 'players need a rest during the season'. At this stage of the season they are match fit and if they can't manage 2 games a week then ease up on the training. Players years ago managed 50 odd games a season and they played on stamina sapping quagmires for half a season, not the bowling green manicured pitches of today.

And because they played on quagmires of pitches and other technological advances, the games were generally nowhere near as quick and frantic as it is now. players are far fitter now than they were even 20 years ago, but the human body can only take so much. I think players are overfit now considering the injuries some get. There was one player (was it Lita?) who ruptured something by stretching in bed. Even at an end of the season you can still run around constantly for 90 minutes but your performance/concentration levels are going to be nowhere near as good as they were at the beginning of the season and if like Pompey your playing every league and cup game and rarely getting rested for any of the games you'll get burnt out, and whilst you can still physically cope with it, your level of performance will drop like a stone. You just gotta watch a lot of the top players based in Europe that played 50-60 games in their domestic season and see how they performed at the world cup last year

Stolen off the blue few sit, I know that portpin have agreed to defer the interest payments, but are these figures correct;;

In June according to the CVA our monthly player salary bill was £1.6M, by now, to service the CVA it should be £495K! I find this very unlikely. In addition, according to the CVA we are now paying £118k a month in interest to Portpin.

Also to balance the books we needed to sell 13.5M worth of players in the summer and 4M in January! The CVA projected no money to purchase players.

They also projected 14K through the gates for each match. If your owed any money by PFC I would be very concerned!

And...by August 2013 our monthly player salary bill is forcasted to be £275K. I wonder what league that will be...

On a very quick calculation admittedly, but the skates 'quality' wage bill cannot reasonably be under £1million/month. And equally they cannot have raised more than £2-3 million out of the £17million they needed on transfers. Added to the dismal gates and no cup run, they must be on target to finish the season £20million plus short of their CVA projections.

Not for the first time it is very hard to see where the figures add up in Skateland....

Another reason to not listen to the old "players are getting tired" excuse...

..they've got perfectly capable youth players (even if dim SC doesn't think so), but they choose not to use them.

It's their own fault if there mega stars are running low on gas....

I guess they've delayed the first cva payments to make time to reduce the wagebill further.

If Lampitt is attempting to meet the cva, (and there has been no indication yet that the club intend to address any debts), he desperately needs the forthcoming player clearout in the summer.

He can then get the wagebill to a sensible level, though signing players on £3K a week will be difficult as this regime has already sanctioned £20K a week.

Their rebuffed offers in the transfer window demonstrated that by already overpaying loanees etc, no one will take a paycut to come to a sinking ship.

Who wants to take £5K a week knowing there are others in the squad on three, four or five times that?

That would suggest the post-exodus starting squad for next season could be desperate journeymen unwanted by proper clubs, and kids, all on peanuts - plus a very miffed Lawrence and Kitson, and a grossly-overpaid middle-aged immobile Nigerian.

Meanwhile further parachute payments will have to be utilised to cover the lack of transfer income - or is Chanrai going to chuck more money in the bottomless well?...

Are they about £12M down on the proposed income from two windows?

That leaves a whacking great hole in the cva figures!

Getting the wages sustainable will be a start but Cotterill is close to cracking.

His comment the other day that they need to remember that the club is a football club and not a bank means he has been told he has to cut costs and the squad will suffer.

Lampitt can go either way in the summer - try and cut costs and address debt, or continue to sanction overpaid signings.

The inactivity this week might indicate that it is finally reality check time - has the madness finally ended?

No more big wages, no more expensive loanees, just a battle for club survival.

To sum up - nothing has changed in a year - as it was in Feb 2010 -

The only answer is still cash on the table, and lots of it.

They must still be trading insolvently.

The current manager still doesn't understand how a business works.

Many of the fans don't understand how a business works.

Creditors have got nothing, and they are still idiots.

They still have the taxman on their backs.

They still have tax evasion charges hanging around.

They are still blaming previous owners, even though they are now one of them.

An investigation still needs to take place.

They are heading for a firesale/clearout in the summer.

oh hang on, a couple of things have changed since Feb 2010 - a year ago they were fighting relegation, but it was from the division above with a life-saving cushion of four years of big money.

And they could fill their little ground back then.

If they get their act together I will look forward to Cotterill's rousing little speech on the pitch when they survive on the final day, glossing over the fact that they needed to go up, not stay up....

It'll be like carnival time, as if the prossie-botherer never left - the flags, the extra thumbs, the cheers - just drowned out by the sound of fifteen ferraris leaving the rented car park for the last time and taking the club's entire income with them.

the few's 2011 doesn't look great on paper - and it was all gambled, and still being gambled for a solitary fa cup.

At least Leeds aimed high.

1...2....3.....awwwww

Where are they training now? Not in Southampton still?

Still Training at Wellington in Southampton (owned by King Edward 6 School)

I was there on saturday picking up my son from Hockey, Pompey had their under 18 and 16 sides there playing Crystal Palace, i dont know how they got on .

As far as i know they still owe KES money which is part of the CVA agreement.

But presumably they are getting cash in advance for the current usage. They'd be stupid not to.

The alternatives could be Farlington Marshes, Bransbury Park, King George V playing fields etc... All, in my experience, of crackin' quality (cough, cough). The council might not open up the changing rooms but at least they leave the goal posts up on those grounds.

Whilst in the Army, we had 2 PT periods a week, plus battle fitness training, we played football on Wednesday afternoons, and most evenings we were playing squash, or basketball etc, At weekends, I'd play for a local team, on a Sunday morning, on top of this, we worked hard.

So forgive me if I don't cry along with the nation, over these poor overworked 'professional' footballers, and their massive work load!

that short break in Egypt to relax and recharge batteries doesn't seem to have helped.

They should have gone on another of those well-organised and useful US mini tours, paid for by taxpayers and creditors of course.

Or perhaps just stayed at home and paid bills.

And practiced defending.

Or maybe recruited cheap players.

Still Training at Wellington in Southampton (owned by King Edward 6 School)

I was there on saturday picking up my son from Hockey, Pompey had their under 18 and 16 sides there playing Crystal Palace, i dont know how they got on .

Their Academy uses the old AC Delco ground just up the road.

Understand that they would like to move back to Pompey but HMS Collingwood are still owned thousands and wont have them back at any price.

Also whilst in admin they 'acquired' 3 new Mec Mini Vans for ferrying what's left of their Academy around

Whilst in the Army, we had 2 PT periods a week, plus battle fitness training, we played football on Wednesday afternoons, and most evenings we were playing squash, or basketball etc, At weekends, I'd play for a local team, on a Sunday morning, on top of this, we worked hard.

So forgive me if I don't cry along with the nation, over these poor overworked 'professional' footballers, and their massive work load!

To be fair, there has been some research which shows that leagues with a mid winter break have significantly less injuries in the second half of the season than leagues which don't.

Ah bless, all brain cells pooled together to come up with the slogan????

All proceeds to charity.... Have we heard this somewhere before

http://sospompey.bigcartel.com/product/official-sos-pompey-t-shirt

I think the funniest thing about that web site is its home page:

http://sospompey.bigcartel.com/

You'd kind of expect some big campaign or something, wouldn't you - or at least the beginnings of one. You'd be disappointed. Or not, as the case may be! :lol:

On a very quick calculation admittedly, but the skates 'quality' wage bill cannot reasonably be under £1million/month. And equally they cannot have raised more than £2-3 million out of the £17million they needed on transfers. Added to the dismal gates and no cup run, they must be on target to finish the season £20million plus short of their CVA projections.

Not for the first time it is very hard to see where the figures add up in Skateland....

No problem, they've prepared for this. After they get promoted the massive PL and Sky income will take care of the £20 million hole.

Oh...

Or thing?...as in we ain't got nuffin'...sumfin will turn up....etc

Perhaps they should have listened to the words of a well known character, who was created by one of Skate City`s better know residents. "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery." - Wilkins Micawber

Perhaps they should have listened to the words of a well known character, who was created by one of Skate City`s better know residents. "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery." - Wilkins Micawber

You don't think they would actually have read any of his work, do you? Dickens are what they give their sisters after a night out.

guessing that their wagebill has gone a bit mad, are West Ham the new pompey?

Avram has been splashing out again, following a disappointing semi.

I know they too have the bestest fans and you can't take their spirit etc.

Are they risking all to stay up?....

I see "daddy" is appealling his 6 year conviction for illegally selling arms.

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000617122

A French court last week began hearing the appeals of former interior minister Charles Pasqua and other defendants, including Arcadi Gaydamak, convicted in 2009 in the Angola-gate corruption and arms dealing scandal in the 1990s. Gaydamak was sentenced in abstentia to six years in prison for his role in illegal arms deals in the affair. He was not present at the start of the appeals hearing.

The appeals hearing is due to last until early March.

I wonder if the blue few think he will come back to save the "family business".

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})