Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Having read this article, I think it is more of a case as "when" rather "if", the blue few will be relegated or indeed wound up.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/bygone-blues/cotterill_facing_19_player_summer_exodus_1_2351767

Meanwhile, it could be the final Fratton season for the likes of David Nugent, right, John Utaka, Danny Webber, Hermann Hreidarsson and Michael Brown, as well as the five loanees.

That will leave Cotterill with only Hayden Mullins, Jamie Ashdown, Ricardo Rocha, Aaron Mokoena, Tal Ben-Haim, Joel Ward, Kanu, Dave Kitson and Liam Lawrence for next season.

There will be no transfer fees for the top set and the wages of those who are left, will prevent any significant numbers being bought in, even on loan. The "quality" over "quantity" argument has come back and smacked them in the face.

The four lads in waiting to hear whether they will get pro contracts are now dead certs to be playing next year. I bet sc is glad he shipped out all the other talent for not being good enough.

On a lighter note, I think "SC" on his training top is quite apt. Regardless of his name, it identifies him clearly; sc = Stupid *****"

Caption competition from the picture in the link?

cotterill has just been told Liverpool rejected his 250k bid for Torres

He [stevie-boy] said: ‘We need two or three permanent signings.

‘You cannot all of a sudden end up with six experienced pros again next summer and try to put together 14 pros again. It’s ridiculous.

Well it depends, Steve. If the loan shark owner's goal is to keep the Cheats steady and build a good foundation for the future, then yes, it's ridiculous. But if his goal is to strip everything to the bare bones (now that the promotion gamble looks dead), and wait to trouser the remaining parachute payments until casting off the rotten corpse, then as Del boy would say, you know it makes sense.

so we're talking about the loan players Sonko, Hogg, Dickinson, De Laet and Halford being on the pitch at the same time. That's 5 players. Have we got confirmation anywhere that the limit is 4? Are we sure it isn't 'you can't start a match with more than 4 loan players? Are we sure it applies to 'emergency loans'?

According to the write up on the beeb website, all 5 of those players were on the pitch between the 64th and 89th minute, between the time Dickinson came on for Kanu and Hogg being subbed for Hreidarsson.

Are there any contact details anywhere where a few of us can email the FL? ;)

So did anyone e-mail the F.L. and did you get a reply ???

He [stevie-boy] said: ‘We need two or three permanent signings.

‘You cannot all of a sudden end up with six experienced pros again next summer and try to put together 14 pros again. It’s ridiculous.

Yep, Utaka's gone to montpellier, undisclosed figure although I'm hearing £500k

Oh dear, Steve. It's getting even more ridiculous. What's happening, I wonder?

fair play to Utaka, he did his bit - one of their better deals.

He financially raped them week in week out for three years, hung on like a leech and delivered very little, thanks for the memories son!

I now await the image rights/bonus claim that he'll have to sue them over - get to the back of the queue!!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/bygone-blues/utaka_lined_up_for_return_to_france_1_2354386?commentspage=4#commentsSection

"He always flattered to deceive, now it is time for BC to step up to the mark. Failure to do so will make life unbearable from our voiciferous True Blue supporters. PUP"

one comment among many lol-worthy comments.

Lol.

so, did they get away with it?

crappy poorly supported team in championship gets dodgy money thrown at them

get their time in prem, cups etc and back where they started.

Don't seem to have been punished or to be worse off than when they started

so, did they get away with it?

crappy poorly supported team in championship gets dodgy money thrown at them

get their time in prem, cups etc and back where they started.

Don't seem to have been punished or to be worse off than when they started

It's far, far, far from over.

We'll know their true direction of travel and the true intent of the owners by the end of the transfer window on Monday.

They're already playing 5 loanees so that's that avenue shut and can't afford to play two of their better players and most of their squad shortly out of contract.

In short, they're really in the sh*t.

We'll know their true direction of travel and the true intent of the owners by the end of the transfer window on Monday.

They're already playing 5 loanees so that's that avenue shut and can't afford to play two of their better players and most of their squad shortly out of contract.

They have however got big earning John Utaka off the wage bill, maybe they will use some of that to bring in some free transfers (if allowed to).

They have however got big earning John Utaka off the wage bill, maybe they will use some of that to bring in some free transfers (if allowed to).

Can't believe Montpelier will be matching his teensy bit extravagant wages and he has never indicated that he wanted to move on for less, so... are the few going to have to subsidise his wage at his new club?

There may be no other way of unloading him.... :rolleyes:

Pompeyonline has just had a new look.

http://www.pompeyonline.com/forums/index.php

Now I really hate to give praise to anything skate related but it really does look fantastic and puts this board to shame now IMO (especially considering it is free.) Perhaps the best feature is you get an alert when someone quotes one of your posts. Really useful and it would be great if we could have something which looks similar. IMO this site is pretty ugly in comparison.

It's far, far, far from over.

They can still have another 3 loans, as the maximum is 8 (4 under 23 yrs of age and 4 over). Five is the maximum for on the field activity!

Yes, they are potentially in the sh*t if no more recruits come in by Monday as even Palarse are improving things and failing any relegation this season, next season as I mentioned earlier, could be the real struggle.

Pompeyonline has just had a new look.

http://www.pompeyonline.com/forums/index.php

Now I really hate to give praise to anything skate related but it really does look fantastic and puts this board to shame now IMO (especially considering it is free.) Perhaps the best feature is you get an alert when someone quotes one of your posts. Really useful and it would be great if we could have something which looks similar. IMO this site is pretty ugly in comparison.

Ah yes, dear Hypo.

It does look rather grand I grant you. However, as we well know, it's better to have an empire built on solid foundations rather than an all singing all dancing proposition built on borrowed sand.

Nice analogy huh? :D

A long slow painful death, ending up with either liquidation, or a very long stay in the lower leagues, maybe even non league. What more could we ask for?

Not even Nick could positively spin that one for the skates :D

I wouldn't argue with that. We had our day in the sun, added an additional trophy to our major trophy haul, saw some fantastic players in Pompey's wonderful colours, travelled to Europe, drew 2-2 with AC Milan, Ronaldiniho, Kaka et al, went to Wembley 5 times and have that to cherish for the hard times we are currently experiencing and to carry us through the even harder times to come. We've seen it all before. :)

I wouldn't argue with that. We had our day in the sun, added an additional trophy to our major trophy haul, saw some fantastic players in Pompey's wonderful colours, travelled to Europe, drew 2-2 with AC Milan, Ronaldiniho, Kaka et al, went to Wembley 5 times and have that to cherish for the hard times we are currently experiencing and to carry us through the even harder times to come. We've seen it all before. :)

Oh you brave, brave soldiers.

And I would say fair play, well done and good luck... afterall ups and downs is what this game is and should be all about (sadly cash has changed all that).... but for the fact that your recent 'good times' came at the expense of writing off 80 mil of debt... and any club could do teh same if they had similar moral standards, so however much you enjoyed it, its all coated in that unpleasent stench...

Nice to cherish, the fall from grace makes it all the more amusing for us though.

When the bulldozers start turning Fratton Park into rubble we can not only celebrate the demise of our rivals but cherish a sweet moment when cheaters got what they deserved.

If only your fans were still around to see it now.

Where have they gone by the way?

And I would say fair play' date=' well done and good luck... afterall ups and downs is what this game is and should be all about (sadly cash has changed all that).... but for the fact that your recent 'good times' came at the expense of writing off 80 mil of debt... and any club could do teh same if they had similar moral standards, so however much you enjoyed it, its all coated in that unpleasent stench...[/quote']

This, just this.

Geeze, they still don't get it, do they....!!!

You have enjoyed living off the fruits of robbing charities and the nations taxpayers, may your club die a painful but quick death.

I have lots of sympathy for some of your decent fans but the rest!!

You have enjoyed living off the fruits of robbing charities and the nations taxpayers, may your club die a painful but quick death.

I have lots of sympathy for some of your decent fans but the rest!!

Nah, make it slow !

Two reasons - 1) It will be more painful !

2) This thread will keep on giving !

:)

Now that the DFCSBs have sold Utaka for a reported £400k & they got £200k (though possibly not all upfront) for Ritchie, how near to the transfer revenue figure they were meant to raise for the CVA are they?

You forget that the CVA payments have a remarkable similarity to a leprechauns pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Just as you think its close it moves further away.

Had to laugh at work today. We had a brief from the Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity (worth giving to by the way, if you are inclined) and the guy had a load of Pompey vs Derby tickets to give away. When he asked if anyone wanted any, it was a proper tumbleweed moment. Only one guy in the whole room sheepishly put his hand up. It's funnier because we are actually in Portsmouth. He also struggles to give the tickets away for most matches (although apparently didn't have a problem giving them away for the Leeds match - to Leeds fans!)

Personally I wouldn't want to risk Saints going under for all of that. Yes winning an FA Cup is nice, but at the end of the day it's just 1 day out. a 2-2 draw at home to an ageing Milan side is hardly exciting either. We once drew 2-2 at Highbury, easily as difficult a game, probably tougher.