player ratings

cellone

Bart was appalling, looked absolutely lost.

Mills looked really good but should not play LM as he did in 2nd half.

Lallana was ok but wasn't match fit.

Thought James looked much better at cm.

Thompson looked useful 1st half before coming off injured.

Lancashire didn't look as bad as beatle said above, looked like his level really.

Rasiak was moving a lot for him, but that just made him worse.

Wotton was rb don't have a clue why Murty didn't play, did okay, but certainly not a rb.

Gillet worked his socks off yet again.

Need: RB, 2x Strikers (Paterson reserve), but to be effective we need to get in alot more than that.

Liebher needs to get someone in quick to manage and get his cheque book out, it's needed!

None really. Too many changes, different line ups every half so little understanding. Just about fitness that's all.

Players like Rasiak and other more established players don't look that interested as they've been through pre-season so many times. It's difficult for them to care about the results much I imagine, especially when they don't know what the team will be or who the manager will be.

Once we have a manager and a vaguely settled squad, perhaps we can judge it a bit more, but that probably won't happen with the friendlies, so we'll have to judge it on the league games. It's ridiculous to judge anything based on the friendlies we've had. But, as we all know, we have some ridiculous fans.

Totally agree its about fitness and timing. winning or losing means nothing

I thought Lloyd James and Gillet had a good partnership in the center of midfield, James has a very good long shot aswell coming close on a number of occasions.

Rasiak can p!ss off, lazy slacker. He really didn't look like he was ever going to score/even give a sh!t.

Bartosz - I have always been a fan of Bartosz but boy hes lost it. I remember he was a pretty decent shot stopper and catcher when we first signed him but since the play off season its gone. His mistake for their 2nd was the worst since Kelvins error vs QPR three years ago.

I was impressed with our LM, don't know who he was though. Number 11. He looked good at times but had Rasiak get in his way.

Thompson also impressed but went off early due to an injury I guess.

I was impressed with our LM, don't know who he was though. Number 11. He looked good at times but had Rasiak get in his way.

Thompson also impressed but went off early due to an injury I guess.

Think it was Jack Boyle. Looked like a good thin version of Adam Hammill!

Mills and Reeves sound as if Left Back covered.......Is Saville the centre back from Chelsea a prospect...Anyone please..just curious...

is this why Molyneux is out on trials? Anyone know if he has got a move sorted yet?

Rasiak was crap today. Bart shocking.

Thought Paterson played well, as did that tall blond fella who played up front second half.

Still no idea who our no 11 was (will probably tell me if I venture over to OS).

I've been to all three games so far and not many players have shone out.

Paterson, James, Gobern and Reeves have all done well but they really are the only ones to impress.

Wotton, Bart, Forecast, Lancashire and Holmes have all looked very poor, the rest are all pretty mediocre.

Oh and Rasiak has been **** every time he's got on the ball.

Why is Saga not playing? Is this something to do with ''insurance''?

if so...why is greg also not sitting out? Maybe he has actually agreed to stay?

No matter how **** he has been in pre-season, if he is on form and confident he could easily hit 30 goals in league 1 IMO.

Rasiak was crap today. Bart shocking.

Thought Paterson played well, as did that tall blond fella who played up front second half.

Still no idea who our no 11 was (will probably tell me if I venture over to OS).

11 was Jack Boyle. He was ok but kept cutting in.

The blond fella must have been Doble.... another good prospect without a doubt, I think he got the second at Totton.

Mills looks pretty promising, as does Reeves.

The one think I will say about our young gifted players..... they are all very lightweight.

It really was noticeable today. They are very skilful, but will get seven bales knocked out of them in L1.

Seeing them up against some of Bournemouth's players was comical.

We need to balance the younger players with some 'orrible great lumps to back up the flair.

If we do that, we will walk L1.

The friendlies have highlighted what we already knew really. We have a very quiet team, often lacking physically and in leadership, pretty at times but ineffective on the whole.

Without going through the entire squad, I'd rate the following as:

Looking good: Perry, KD, Gillett, James (borderline)

Still to be convinced: Mills, Thompson, Patterson, Lallana (rate him but still not sure which position to play him to most benefit the team), Raziak (all depends on whether he's that interested in staying, so far that looks like a no)

Not up to it: Bart (get rid now), Lancashire, Wotton, White,

That said, I'm loving the situation we find ourselves in with our new owner and am convinced they'll get it right and we have a very bright future :-)

Rasiak should be the first one shipped out....not even mediocre. Slower than usual today, poor first touch....

Lallana...better in 1st half upfront, poncy and completely ineffective 2nd half - for someone so championed by some, he's actually not that productive.

Jack Boyle looked lively, Perry was solid as was Lancashire, LB 1st half good, Lloyd James very good in Centre Mid.

Bournemouth's youngsters looked livelier, hungrier and FITTER - we looked sluggish.

The thing about Rasiak is he has always looked lazy, even in our play off season when he scored all those goals. When he's not scoring, he's not doing much, but that's always been the case. He more than makes up for it in goals. I really hope he stays, because he's pretty much guaranteed to score 25+ goals in this division.

Don't think people should pay too much attention to what happens in friendlies. Hull lost 4-0 to Crewe last season and they had a brilliant start to the season. I'm sure that quite a few of the people who played in the last week won't be regulars next season. We will have new players coming in, and hopefully a few more coming back (eg. Schneiderlin, Euell, Wright-Phillips, John etc)

I had a fun day out at Bournemouth today though, despite the result. Great turnout from the our fans, must have been about 1500 Saints.

The thing about Rasiak is he has always looked lazy, even in our play off season when he scored all those goals. When he's not scoring, he's not doing much, but that's always been the case. He more than makes up for it in goals. I really hope he stays, because he's pretty much guaranteed to score 25+ goals in this division.

Don't think people should pay too much attention to what happens in friendlies. Hull lost 4-0 to Crewe last season and they had a brilliant start to the season. I'm sure that quite a few of the people who played in the last week won't be regulars next season. We will have new players coming in, and hopefully a few more coming back (eg. Schneiderlin, Euell, Wright-Phillips, John etc)

I had a fun day out at Bournemouth today though, despite the result. Great turnout from the our fans, must have been about 1500 Saints.

If his heart isnt in it let him go please we need players who want to play for SFC get rid of bart forecast and that left back from everton as well

Bart was appalling, looked absolutely lost.

Mills looked really good but should not play LM as he did in 2nd half.

Lallana was ok but wasn't match fit.

Thought James looked much better at cm.

Thompson looked useful 1st half before coming off injured.

Lancashire didn't look as bad as beatle said above, looked like his level really.

Rasiak was moving a lot for him, but that just made him worse.

Wotton was rb don't have a clue why Murty didn't play, did okay, but certainly not a rb.

Gillet worked his socks off yet again.

Gotta agree with pretty much all of this...

Couple of points to add

1) Henderson said on Solent after that Murty couldn't play due to insurance issues

2) Bart did look utter sh:t. Slow distribution. Terrible kicking. Let one go past him and miles wide of the post...but then suddenly looked like he should have done something about it because he plainly wasn't sure. But he did allso make one cracking save to be fair! I appreciate that this does not make for a good goalkeeping display however...just thought it was worthy of mention...

Also i'd add that Boyle looked more like a skinny version of Lallana to me...and not as good as others have said. Got quite a lot of the ball. Didn't do much with it though...

I've been to all three friendlies - except Totton and Bournemouth. I thought only Doble, Thomas, and possibly Patterson looked OK. I'm not reading too much into it though, its pre-season and this time last year we looked like Brazil against the likes of Winchester and Farnborough. I dont suppose Rasiak sees much point in raising a sweat, but his work ethic doesnt provide a good example to the youngsters.

There's still the basis of a good team that hasn't actually been put together for a whole match yet. I hope we get round to doing that soon and start to have a few games with the "1st" team rather than keep playing all the squad and then assemble our best team only in time for the Millwall game.

The team is much too lightweight for L1, Rasiak disinterested and terrible first touch, Lallana lightweight as was Boyle, Reeves made Gillett look tall, although quite skilful, Saville & Mills ok at LB. We looked so small against that Bournemouth Team.When Lancashire comes across to tackle a winger, instead of taking him and the ball out as would Claus, Killer & Seijs, he would stand off and thus give the winger chance to tackle and beat him or pass to another with then Lancashire out of position. I do not know what has happened to Bart. Interesting to see Pulis in the kick around although he did not play. Very dissappointed after going with a lot of expectation. Best part: seeing the swiss flags!