Skates

SET

Redknapp knew exactly what he was doing with the timing of his departure. The media all still seem to think he's wonderful despite leaving a trail of misery behind him.

Bournemouth have never recovered financially from his reign, despite only 1 season in a higher division before relegation. We weren't even in the bottom 3 when he came to Saints, safely mid-table the season before, but he received no media criticism for our demise. West Ham had the 5th highest wage bill but achieved nothing whilst he was there - still to sort themselves out financially. The wage bill at the Skates was colossal and obviously unsustainable without an Abramovich-type owner - he got out whilst the going was good. He still spending money like water at Spurs and will continue to do so until he gets stopped.

Next thing you know he will be in the media expressing his sympathy at the Skates' demise, without any journalist hinting at his hypocrisy.

Spot on! Redknapp always try to buy success rather than graft, working with youngsters and moulding a good team into an excellent team. Yes, you need a bit of money to strengthen here and there but Redknapp just buys. I remeber just before he joined Saints that he enjoys the buzz of buying/selling players.

He has only ever been moderately successful if he has access to a lot of funds and BS you are quite right to say that when he leaves a club, they are in a financial mess. Bournemouth, West Ham, Saints, Pompey......the list gets longer. The problem is that he is very media savvy, says the right things and deflects critiscm. He will never admit he's wrong and he will never apologise publicly to any set of fans. For that, he will never gain my respect.

I don't remember many (any?) of our resident skates praying for our demise tbh.

But for every fairminded Pompey fan on a Saints messageboard you have a couple of hundred rabid thugs who hate Southampton with a passion. If you're a Pompey fan and post regularly on Saints messageboard, well I'd have to ask why? I take an interest on Pompey's comings and goings but purely to keep abreast of the last facts to wind my skatemates up with. If you have more than 50 posts on here I'd tempted to say you're slightly obsessed.

No one wants to see Pompey out of business and as a Premiership club they probably won't be as administration will make them a much more attractive proposition.

However I doubt any Saints fan will look at their plight and not feel a warm sense of "he who laughs last.." about the whole thing as I'm sure most Pompey fans took great pleasure in seeing us tumble down a league or two.

Shoes on the other foot now, we're healthy and solvent and Pompey are facing relegation full in the face.... Oh dear,what a shame...

But for every fairminded Pompey fan on a Saints messageboard you have a couple of hundred rabid thugs who hate Southampton with a passion. If you're a Pompey fan and post regularly on Saints messageboard, well I'd have to ask why? I take an interest on Pompey's comings and goings but purely to keep abreast of the last facts to wind my skatemates up with. If you have more than 50 posts on here I'd tempted to say you're slightly obsessed.

No one wants to see Pompey out of business and as a Premiership club they probably won't be as administration will make them a much more attractive proposition.

However I doubt any Saints fan will look at their plight and not feel a warm sense of "he who laughs last.." about the whole thing as I'm sure most Pompey fans took great pleasure in seeing us tumble down a league or two.

Shoes on the other foot now, we're healthy and solvent and Pompey are facing relegation full in the face.... Oh dear,what a shame...

I'm not claiming it's a tragedy. Just be aware that we're also at one man's whim now....

Mods

Why has this been moved to the lounge. You are a lot of killjoys, aren't you?

This has been one of the most subscribed to threads for some time, proving its popularity. It has provided immense entertainment and lightened the mood while we await the new season. Can't we put it back on the main board until the new season begins?

Go on, be a sport.

What Wes said - it is Saints related as it's purpose is to show the comparison between the two clubs who find themselves at opposite ends of the FL, whilst also being in very different financial / stability positions which belie each clubs current plight.

I know we're in the old third division and on minus 10 points, but it really does seem like we've restored our historical superiority over the scum.

Reading the Scum forums they are a club in utter turmoil (like we were) and it's funny as ****.

They will definitely be relegated this season and when this happens they'll be completely broke so it's certain they'll drop through the leagues like a stone and will be back to their normal sub 10,000 gates.

Saints on the other hand have hit rock bottom and we're a club on the up. The balance of power has swung back in our favour and it's only a matter of time before we're smirking at poor little Pompey.

Happy days.

:)

Erm, what difference does it make (with respect to posting/reading it) that it's here?

Lounge & Main Board (Pub). Rarely go to the lounge, hence most of what happens there is lost. Spends moucho moucho time in the Pub (Main Board) 'chewin' the fat', 'earwigging' and interacting with the lads - know pretty much everything that is going down.

In immenent danger of losing (as Wes points out) one to the most subscribed posts in recent times, a post which will come to a natural conclusion anyway come the start of the season. A good topic - moved from the mainstream - not the best editorial decission - all IMHO of course.

WealdSaint, I think you will find that we were fourth from bottom, and he had plenty of time to turn us around. We hadn't dropped off the bottom of the league and none of the promoted clubs had big money to spend - it should have been one of the easiest years to stay up. He didn't have to bring in Callum Davenport to replace Killer; he could have actually signed somebody competent. Blackburn bought Ryan Nelson for peanuts around that time, but then Redknapp knows nothing about signing bargains.

LOL OK............but we wer'nt having a cracker of a season either!

Lounge & Main Board (Pub). Rarely go to the lounge, hence most of what happens there is lost. Spends moucho moucho time in the Pub (Main Board) 'chewin' the fat', 'earwigging' and interacting with the lads - know pretty much everything that is going down.

In immenent danger of losing (as Wes points out) one to the most subscribed posts in recent times, a post which will come to a natural conclusion anyway come the start of the season. A good topic - moved from the mainstream - not the best editorial decission - all IMHO of course.

But it's a bit like playing darts across the dining table, or eating at the oche, whichever way your analogy is working :lol:

Mods

This has been one of the most subscribed to threads for some time, proving its popularity. It has provided immense entertainment and lightened the mood while we await the new season. Can't we put it back on the main board until the new season begins?

Go on, be a sport.

+1

Pompey bashing is as 'Saints related' as it gets and this should be reinstated on the main board I'd say .

Mods

Go on, be a sport.

Totally agree. Not much news on us at present. Each time the killjoys move a skate thread it dies a death and a new one pops up. Season hasn't started, we have endured a lot, why can't we laugh at the skates for a while before we get down to business?

Because it's not Saints related, whichever way you slice it.

surely with about 200 (TWO hundred) different contributors, this thread has proved to have massive appeal to subsribers to the main board Ponty? And yes, I did count them all (he lied).

My serious suggestion is that right at the very bottom of the main board you should have an anti-sticky area where anything pompey related gets sent, ala Womb 101, actually, you should introduce the idea of a Rooom 101 at the next board meeting, you will rock.

Not against that idea Hamster, but, let's face it, moving it to the off-topic area does not make it any less accessible to anyone, does it?

So to repeat the question which you didn't answer before:

Why did you move it if it makes no difference??

Not against that idea Hamster, but, let's face it, moving it to the off-topic area does not make it any less accessible to anyone, does it?

Yes, yes it does. do the math.

I bet it's the average pphr (post per hour rate) has plummeted, especially if you subtract the whinghing ****s like errrrr me.

I am everywhere, but some people have lives to get on with and simply do not even realise that there is a world outside of the main forum. I feel for them.

So to repeat the question which you didn't answer before:

Why did you move it if it makes no difference??

I did answer it, TS. I will again though, more thoroughly perhaps...

It is off-topic, it's not directly Saints related which is what the main board is for. Anything off-topic is moved to its relevant forum - sometimes quickly, sometimes not so fast, but it is moved.

I said it makes no difference to the ability to read or post on it, and it doesn't - at least not in a negative way. This forum is accessible to everyone, even non-registered users, which actually makes it more accessible.

If some users choose not to use the rest of the forum (as Hammy is intimating) surely that is their decision, it's definitely not because of any restriction placed upon them.

So why wait 16 days to move it..................

Read post 1. It was supposed to be a quick post about something that was happening 16 days ago - that didn't happen. It just dribbled on on the main board until it finally got moved.

I did answer it, TS. I will again though, more thoroughly perhaps...

It is off-topic, it's not directly Saints related which is what the main board is for. Anything off-topic is moved to its relevant forum - sometimes quickly, sometimes not so fast, but it is moved.

I said it makes no difference to the ability to read or post on it, and it doesn't - at least not in a negative way. This forum is accessible to everyone, even non-registered users, which actually makes it more accessible.

If some users choose not to use the rest of the forum (as Hammy is intimating) surely that is their decision, it's definitely not because of any restriction placed upon them.

Surely anything to do with Saints' deadliest rivals is by definition "Saints related" - some would argue (especially on here) that one essential ingredient of being a Saints fan is a (un)healthy fascination with the fortunes of those poor Blue sufferers.

Anyways a prophesy from Dylan circa 1965:

"Look out the Saints are coming through

And it's all over now Baby Blue"

The Messiah has spoken! Let's hope he's righT

Why don't you prove that you listen to your customers, the subscribers to this site and move this thread back to the main board? Or are you afraid that you might lose face by doing so?

You argue that it doesn't make any difference whether it is here or there, but you are wrong. If most are like me, they will only post or read the main board. Having this thread here, it will just disappear off the radar as soon as it gets to the end of the page. Why can't you put it back until the new season starts on Saturday and then move it?

As others have pointed out, threads like this are popular and attract people into the habit of reading the main site. It ought to be obvious to a person of your intellect that burying a decent thread in an obscure room is detrimental to the success of the forum. Perhaps you have suffered Lowe too long and are beginning to think like him. ;)

A successful business gives its customers what they want.

Why don't you prove that you listen to your customers, the subscribers to this site and move this thread back to the main board? Or are you afraid that you might lose face by doing so?

You argue that it doesn't make any difference whether it is here or there, but you are wrong. If most are like me, they will only post or read the main board. Having this thread here, it will just disappear off the radar as soon as it gets to the end of the page. Why can't you put it back until the new season starts on Saturday and then move it?

As others have pointed out, threads like this are popular and attract people into the habit of reading the main site. It ought to be obvious to a person of your intellect that burying a decent thread in an obscure room is detrimental to the success of the forum. Perhaps you have suffered Lowe too long and are beginning to think like him. ;)

It isn't saints related. So STFU

Why don't you prove that you listen to your customers, the subscribers to this site and move this thread back to the main board? ....... Perhaps you have suffered Lowe too long and are beginning to think like him. ;)

Very true ..... I am beginning to get worried now about who is running this website!!!! :-) .

Of course it does. I bet most on here rarely visit 'the lounge'. Our interest in Skateland maybe unhealthy, but it's there nonetheless, as proved by this thread springing up and running and running as soon as you transferred the previous long-running one to the lounge to die.

I don`t care where the "Skates" thread is, but all this fuss is stupid. I think that the "Oh Happy Day...." Skate related thread started life on the main board and was moved to the Lounge and that has 21 pages compared with 14 for this thread and people are still contributing to it. I`m sure that we have enough intelligence to find the thread if we wish to contribute to it haven`t we? We`re not Skates, after all!