Skates

SET

Putting aside the comedic value of their situation, look at our squad that wasn't good enough to stay up in the Prem, we deserved to go down but there was still some quality there, or look at the players Newcastle failed with - on that basis I can't see Pompey getting a point before Christmas!!

They have a keeper and one striker of note, not exactly a winning formula.

But probably still a stronger squad than 3 teams in the Premiership

Maybe, but they still have a team that could put more goals into our net than we could score against them, imo.

I would love to meet the skates in a cup match this season. Only then will we have some idea of the relative strengths of the two clubs. The day will come when we are the better team, but we've an awful long way before this becomes a reality.

Meanwhile let's see how we compare with Millwall!

I never said that we have a better team than them, merely that we have probably bottomed out in the third division and will steadily progress upwards, whereas it is almost certainly the case that they are nowhere near the team that finished last season and will therefore begin their downward spiral this season.

As you say, it would be interesting to get them in a cup match to make comparisons, hopefully quite a bit later on, when we have bought well and stabilised and they have sold even more of their quality players and are demoralised.

But what satisfies me is the prospect of both teams being in the Fizzy Pop, for one year, us finishing on promotion and them being relegated. That would be sweet, especially if we took 6 points off them in the process.

But probably still a stronger squad than 3 teams in the Premiership

to be fair to them, they are one of several very poor (alright, crap springs to mind) teams in the prem this season - so they should be down there mixing it with the worst of them for the whole season

to be fair to them, they are one of several very poor (alright, crap springs to mind) teams in the prem this season - so they should be down there mixing it with the worst of them for the whole season

Other teams down there will be Hull, Burnley and Birmingham. Can't think of anyone else poorer than them other than that though.

Other teams down there will be Hull, Burnley and Birmingham. Can't think of anyone else poorer than them other than that though.

Hull, Burnley and Skates to go down, Brum have spent a few bob and should improve !

Ps. Hypo.

Can you please change your location to 'accept' instead of 'except' as it annoys me :)

Team morale is a huge factor in relegation - it's not just down to the quality of the squad. I think that'll be a bigger problem at P*mpey than any of the three you mention.

I think Wolves, Stoke and Sunderland will also be hovering around the foot of the table and TBH you could pick any of those 7 to finish in the bottom 3 and wouldn't be too far away.

I can see Burnley just surviving as they have an astute manager and get them set up correctly, unlike the skates with Hart at the helm.

Also the ACN is on during this coming winter so they'll lose any of Utaka, Diop, Belhadj and Mokoena for up to a month from end of December (it starts on the 10 January). Of course that's assuming they don't sell them first.

I can see Burnley just surviving as they have an astute manager and get them set up correctly, unlike the skates with Hart at the helm.

Also the ACN is on during this coming winter so they'll lose any of Utaka, Diop, Belhadj and Mokoena for up to a month from end of December (it starts on the 10 January). Of course that's assuming they don't sell them first.

They still have enough about them to stay up.I wouldnt dance too much just yet.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&

Some amusing posts, I particularly like the blinkered fool who thinks that they are one of the clubs in the Prem with the lowest amount of debt. They really should take the trouble to look at the accounts not only of Portsmouth City Football Club but Miland Developments 2004 Limited who are part of the group.

And yes, I am enjoying their situation...thoroughly.

They still have enough about them to stay up.I wouldnt dance too much just yet.

I admire your positivity Nick...but I can't see it.

Their bubble has burst and they are a car crash waiting to happen.

We had Pinnacle, they have AlFahim....

I have no sympathy for the Skates, they 'lived the dream' under ol'Saggy Chops and are now reaping what they have sown...their gloating over our predicament was not nice.

You can't build a football club on sand.

At least we had the stadium and the fanbase to sell the club to others...what have Poopey got? A stadium that is more decrepid than The Dell would ever have been, and a fanbase that can't even fill their ground on the best day.

Normal order in football on the South Coast will be restored..in time.

I never said that we have a better team than them, merely that we have probably bottomed out in the third division and will steadily progress upwards, whereas it is almost certainly the case that they are nowhere near the team that finished last season and will therefore begin their downward spiral this season.

As you say, it would be interesting to get them in a cup match to make comparisons, hopefully quite a bit later on, when we have bought well and stabilised and they have sold even more of their quality players and are demoralised.

But what satisfies me is the prospect of both teams being in the Fizzy Pop, for one year, us finishing on promotion and them being relegated. That would be sweet, especially if we took 6 points off them in the process.

I like that scenario, Wes

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&

Some amusing posts, I particularly like the blinkered fool who thinks that they are one of the clubs in the Prem with the lowest amount of debt. They really should take the trouble to look at the accounts not only of Portsmouth City Football Club but Miland Developments 2004 Limited who are part of the group.

And yes, I am enjoying their situation...thoroughly.

They really are 'kin deluding themselves and they actually believe we are envious! Morons. :smt103:rolleyes:

Yup - with abuse you can respond, defensively or aggressively or even turn the other cheek. With "feigned" sympathy you sort of have to find yourself responding with an equally insincere oh yeah thanks, hope you get out the mess type of response OR a stuff you I don't need your sympathy Cherry type reaction which leads to beers getting spilled and all that

You absolutely disgust me when you mention spilling beer ;)

Blooming heck! people, get a move on for those Portmouth relegation bets...

If the bet didn't look good with the current fire sale and dwindling squad, the possiblity of administration would make it a nailled on cert....

Happy days...

Oh what a difference 3-weeks make. All those fishy friends coming on here gloating, now me thinks the worm has turned. And no sign of those trolls on here now.

Today's revelations do appear to be true, admitting to the e-mail on their club website made me LOL.

But I do hope they survive.:rolleyes:

Else we'd have no one to laugh at :smt044

Imagine winning the championship against them! That would be sweet.

Can't decide if I'd rather win it at St. Mary's or Notarf Crap...

I would love to hear this officially confirmed.

It would be too late for anyone else to come in for this transfer window.

With debts they are meant to have will probably have to further weaken selling Distin.

Wouldn't it be lovely for them to break Derby's low points record?

I actually feel sorry for my Pompey mates.

Football is also about the banter.

they have pulled my leg over the last few weeks and I will pull theirs over the next few weeks.

But whilst I wish their football club many defeats and relegation it is better there is a PFC than no PFC.

they have pulled my leg over the last few weeks and I will pull theirs over the next few weeks.

But whilst I wish their football club many defeats and relegation it is better there is a PFC than no PFC.

I agree with all of the above, however it is only the few pompey fans I am directly good friends with that I feel sorry for but that is becuase I would feel sorry for any of my mates who's team was about to go pop.

The rest of the inbred mongtards can **** their ****ing **** up their **** ****ing **** ****.

Edited by Clapham Saint

About sums it up for me too - I'm pretty indifferent about them to be honest. That said, I would like to see all South Coast clubs doing well and I really don't wish extinction on any club. Personally, I don't think they will go down this season either, adversity can sometimes make you stronger.

About sums it up for me too - I'm pretty indifferent about them to be honest. That said, I would like to see all South Coast clubs doing well and I really don't wish extinction on any club. Personally, I don't think they will go down this season either, adversity can sometimes make you stronger.

Didn`t work for us did it?:(

Its all doom & gloom on their BBC Site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/ArticleSearch?contenttype=-1&phrase=Portsmouth&phrase=Football

As somebody who has the misfortune to work there a few days a week I can assure Saints Fans that there was zero sympathy and only laughter when we looked on the brink. They bought the FA Cup on a credit card & now Mint have come knocking :D