Skates

SET

Went past the Concorde Club on the way home and who should be in their car park in his full muppet regalia, but Westwood. The tall hat, exposed chest (yuk) the full blue prat uniform. Quite what he was doing there, I don't know. Perhaps he'd been down the training ground to see whether these Notts Forest signings were there and to give them the proper nutter's welcome.

Went past the Concorde Club on the way home and who should be in their car park in his full muppet regalia, but Westwood. The tall hat, exposed chest (yuk) the full blue prat uniform. Quite what he was doing there, I don't know. Perhaps he'd been down the training ground to see whether these Notts Forest signings were there and to give them the proper nutter's welcome.

That lot are playing Eastleigh tonight

that fans-online is funny as fook

some really done want to face reality..

ohhow I laugh at them taking the mick out of the -10 points....will make it all the sweeter when it happens to them

Will be even worse for them because a -10 points in the premiership will guarantee relegation if they have not gone down anyway.

Still we know if they have a -10 in the Championship, they would walk the Championship wouldn't they NOT

I wouldn't want them to go out of business because they have been financially screwed and allowed to spend more than they earn. We were lucky, however I would be happy to see them below us from a competition perspective, but bust no, we need all the clubs we can get in Hampshire.

I would like the Football Authorities to set up a regulation that allows money to be gifted to clubs but not loaned which would stop this sort of thing happening.

Good idea. I'd like to see some regulation in this area but you have to be very careful not to inadvertently prevent say a short term loan from a director to allow wages to be paid (or similar)

As for the blue few, as a few have said on here I don't want them to vanish forever either but I do want them to suffer for a while.

Edited by Clapham Saint

That lot are playing Eastleigh tonight

Oh yes! I forgot. C'mon Eastleigh...you can beat this ****.

As a Concorde member, I should have gone to see the manager and complained at the riff-raff that was acting suspicuously in the car park.

I think a 'slow death' is the order of the day for the fishy ones. Keep them 'afloat' (ha ha) and see if they can win a game this season (it's looking doubtful!) and then we can do the double over them next season before watching them 'sink' still further into oblivion. Much better than losing them altogether!

[/font][/color]

It may be that I am a conspiracy nut of "the moon landings are a fake" proportions and so all should form their own opinions but I would speculate that either:

1) The deal never goes through.

Smoke and mirrors give Gaydamak enough time to extract as much money from the club via player sales and "a slice of" sky money as possible before the administrators show up.

2) The deal does go through.

Smoke and mirrors give Gaydamak enough time to extract as much money from the club via player sales and "a slice of" sky money as possible before letting Dr. Al have the club for £1.

Dr. Al tries to muddle through. If they make it to the end of the season with no money for new players and not cash (as Gaydamak has it all) and stay up (unlikely) Dr. Al wins. If they don't he only loses £1 so doesn't really care.

3) The deal does go through.

Everything is totally above board and as being reported in the media. I am made to look silly for being so sceptical.

I would imagine that the most likely would be option 2. Option 1 would be tantamount to fraud, and that couldn't happen......could it........?

In favour of option 2, the fact that the 'Dr' has been dropped in as Chairman without a penny changing hands, seems to smack of a time buying tactic to (maybe) put Standard Bank at ease, as it seems as though they'd brought forward the repayment deadline to last week (oddly, the day after 'Doc' was made Chairman). The original date was end August for first half of the £35m, and mid Sept for the rest. In the menatime Gaydamak strips the assets. Wonder if there qill be some questions asked of the SFO if this turns out to be the case (of course I'm not suggesting that it will).

just heard that crouch was sold now as the bank want some money right now

Take note of the "transitional period" and "nessesity to repay".......from The Skate OS........

Portsmouth Football Club can confirm that striker Peter Crouch has joined Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee.

A club spokesman said: “We are sorry to see Peter go both as a player and a person and would like to thank him for playing a key role in keeping the club in the Premier League last season.

“His sale was necessitated by the club’s commitment to repay scheduled debts while we are in a transitional period of completing the takeover.

“We will now be looking to add fresh faces to the first-team squad as soon as possible.”

Crouch joined Pompey from Liverpool last summer for his second spell at the club.

Last season he was Pompey’s top scorer with 16 goals from 49 appearances.

Crouch opened his second Blues account at Goodison Park in a 3-0 victory over Everton last August and netted a crucial extra-time brace against Vitoria to put Pompey into the group stages of the UEFA Cup.

One of Pompey’s Three Lions, he added six England caps to his tally during his time at Fratton Park, taking his total to 34.

His most recent appearance for England came in June when he scored the final goal in the 6-0 hammering of Andorra in a World Cup qualifying match. It means he has now notched 16 goals for his country.

Crouch’s first spell at Pompey came when he joined from QPR in 2001. He made an immediate impact, scoring 18 league goals in 37 starts.

The striker joined Aston Villa for £5m in March 2002 and after time on loan at Norwich signed for Southampton and then Liverpool.

Good idea. I'd like to see some regulation in this area but you have to be very careful not to inadvertently prevent say a short term loan from a director to allow wages to be paid (or similar)

As for the blue few, as a few have said on here I don't want them to vanish forever either but I do want them to suffer for a while.

Maybe if the loan had to be endorsed by the authorities for specific purposes it would still cover the Chelsea/Man City case.

that fans-online is funny as fook

some really don't want to face reality..

ohhow I laugh at them taking the mick out of the -10 points....will make it all the sweeter when it happens to them

As it stands, it won't happen to them unless they get relegated. The Football League have penalties for administration but not the Premier League or the FA.

As it stands, it won't happen to them unless they get relegated. The Football League have penalties for administration but not the Premier League or the FA.

Not true.

The penalty is minus 9.

They'll still go down.

Taken from page 94 of the league rules

Upon a Club suffering an Event of Insolvency:

60.1 the insolvent Club shall thereupon suffer a deduction of 9 points scored or to be scored

in the League competition; and

60.2 the Board shall forthwith give written notice to the insolvent Club to that effect.

Absolutely, because anything other than the WHOLE story is merely selective.

Mind you, the only way you can cling to a few crumbs of comfort from the third division is to be selective- you can't talk about honours, because we blow you away on that one, you can't talk about highest gate because we blow you out of the water on that one too (and any bleating about not having the capacity at 'the skip' is your own fault for not having the ambition to build a ground big enough), and you can't talk about overall attendance since we beat you on that one also.

You can try to say you're the bigger club, but you're not. You're a third division club with a bigish ground that put you in the third division and that's all.

I go back to a point I've made several times on here that is very seldom replied to (strangely enough) which is to settle the argument by asking people within the game and those who write about it what they think?

Like I've said before, sorry, but you won't like the answer.

Lots of abuse and not many facts incoming methinks.....

Crikey, you must be getting worried if the old history debate rears its head again.

How many titles you won, the fact that you had a bigger ground and therefore could fit more people into it argument, the old we held on to the FA cup the longest as the rest of Britain went to war....

You're trotting out all the good ol' favourites...

You forget the fact that Fratton Park could hold more people. Let's take Mick Channons testamonial (the one following an FA cup win) in whch the Dell was absolutley rammed. We could have sold twice that amount of tickets. Then take Kanu's CHARITY testamonial (again following an FA cup win) and look at the shameful attendance figure there.

You see the ol' attendance argument is that for a big game you sold out. Whoopee doo. The harsh truth is that when times are good Pompey fans rush to get tickets, when they're not they stay away in droves. Otheriwse how do youexplain the early 90's when Fratton park was two thirds empty? Hardly hardcore is it? Then compare it to us, still getting higher attendnaces than you whilst in League One.

What's that? Our ground is bigger than yours? Haven't I heard that before somewhere? lolol

Never mind, if you can't shine up your history you can still carry on making up ours, your claim that we rarely sold out the Dell is laughable. The moment it became all seater we operated at an average of 96% attendance. Not 100% admittedly but lightyears away from rarely sold out which is an out and fabrication...

In the meantime enjoy a season of utter despair, I won't gloat as you never know what the next year holds. Your fans should have remembered that when they gloated over our demise. We're now solvent, relatively wealthy and on the way back up.

Enjoy your "wealthy" Arab, let's hope he's better than your last "wealthy" owner who, despite owning the club lent it £20 million and is now selling anything that isn't screwed down to get that money back... And he still apparently wants half of that Premiership money that was "flooding in" lol

In the meantime, enjoy the new ground that will never materialise, the training facilities in Southampton and the youth team set up that doen't exist...

He who laughs last....

Vanessa Feltz is warming up her vocal chords...

Oh you get the picture... Enjoy...

Absolutely, because anything other than the WHOLE story is merely selective.

Mind you, the only way you can cling to a few crumbs of comfort from the third division is to be selective- you can't talk about honours, because we blow you away on that one, you can't talk about highest gate because we blow you out of the water on that one too (and any bleating about not having the capacity at 'the skip' is your own fault for not having the ambition to build a ground big enough), and you can't talk about overall attendance since we beat you on that one also.

You can try to say you're the bigger club, but you're not. You're a third division club with a bigish ground that put you in the third division and that's all.

I go back to a point I've made several times on here that is very seldom replied to (strangely enough) which is to settle the argument by asking people within the game and those who write about it what they think?

Like I've said before, sorry, but you won't like the answer.

Lots of abuse and not many facts incoming methinks.....

You could be a bigger club than us, your attendances bigger, you could have won the league, FA cup, Champions league, and any other cup more than us. but at the end of the day and you are still pompey filthy, dirty, stinking skates, END OF.

You could be a bigger club than us, your attendances bigger, you could have won the league, FA cup, Champions league, and any other cup more than us. but at the end of the day and you are still pompey filthy, dirty, stinking skates, END OF.

I'm glad you're all feeling better. I no longer feel oblidged to cheer you all up. Well good luck to you anyway we need you in the top division it's a bit lonely without you. don't worry too much about us.

I'm glad you're all feeling better. I no longer feel oblidged to cheer you all up. Well good luck to you anyway we need you in the top division it's a bit lonely without you. don't worry too much about us.

Trouble is, when we're in the top division, you won't be. ;)

I don't worry think or care about you fishy folk, got BIGGER fish to fry.