Skates

SET

decide against Roberto Mancini and Erikson and appoint Hart?

I was working with a load of Pompey blokes in April when we went into Admin, they took the **** and said that they would be getting Sven as their manager. He obviously thinks Notts County are a better bet. What does that tell you? I'm sure if this new bloke could afford him he would have appointed him.

5 live had a phone-in about this, "how did they carry out the due diligence test?" Best answer was a- are you a multimillionaire?/ b- have you heard of manchester utd?/ c- do you actually know where portsmouth is? :D

"Agreement in principle" is a very different thing from a completed deal.

Whatever is actually happening here, it sounds like Pompey are fooked.

I suspect that what has happened is that Gaydamak has managed to settle enough debt and recoup some money and is now willing to hand over to Al-Fahim for peanuts. Al-Fahim hopes that Pompey can muddle through for a year or two until he can find some proper investment.... As for a new ground.... :lol:!

Portsmouth boss Paul Hart has warned supporters not to expect too much as Sulaiman Al Fahim's takeover of the club neared completion. The property tycoon has been named Pompey chairman, but Hart does not expect a Manchester City-style spree.

"It's important everybody understands that we have to cut our cloth," Hart, who has been appointed on a permanent basis, told BBC Radio 5 Live.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8162244.stm

still not done then............ so sad :D

So will they be richer than us if the deal goes through?

Just read this gem on the Mirror website -

"In a further twist, it has emerged the Premier League's checks have scared off the mystery backers Al Fahim had lined up to join him at Fratton Park.

This means Al Fahim cannot afford the big-name signings Pompey fans were hoping for."

Just come out of admin and you're wishing it on another club. You boys are hardcore...

Most on here don't wish you into administration; we appear to be getting our wish with you being taken over with this Fahim bloke chancer. I don't reckon that he'll invest much in the club, you haven't got the A1 manager that you lot boasted you'd have, you've had to sell some of your best players and will have to endure that small ground of yours probably for some time to come.

Within a couple of years, we'll both be in the fizzy pop league, us on the way up, you on the way down and the natural historic order will be restored with us the biggest club on the South coast. That is what most on here wish for; not for you lot to go out of existence, because that would also mean that we would get some of our plastics back, who left us to support you. We don't really want them, thanks.

Heard on The Quay today as I drove along M27 - Hart saying they want to keep Crouch but are desperate for the fee and have to sell.

Storrie-teller said on Solent this morning that Crouch is more than likely to go and it was because they needed the money. Just goes to prove yet again that they were in serious trouble with debt and that Dr Do-little does not have that much money behind him.

Storrie-teller said on Solent this morning that Crouch is more than likely to go and it was because they needed the money. Just goes to prove yet again that they were in serious trouble with debt and that Dr Do-little does not have that much money behind him.

How appropriate calling him Dr Do-little. He used to talk to the animals, didn't he? ;)

Crouch wanting to jump shi has made his place at the club untenable, the skates will not forgive him.If i was one of the clubs bidding for him that alone would reduce my offer.HR will be circling and no doubt in his ear.

I just love the comment at the bottom.

One day soon I'm sure the peeps up there will laugh as much as us down here.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/portsmouth/article6722523.ece

Can't wait for the penny to drop along the south coast:smt082

One of the comments at the end made me laugh.....

Simon Newsham wrote:

It's looking bad, with Hart in charge we'll have Nugent up front, Kanu on the bench and nine others sitting back pretending to be defenders. It's got so bad that Southampton fans are mocking us even though they're in the third division with a minus ten start

July 22, 2009 12:12 AM BST

:supz:

Can someone explain to me why Al Fahim has been made chairman and is making the appointment of Hart when he has yet to have taken over the club ?

This has been a pretty accurate blog and gives an update on where things stand (Posted by MB on another thread) http://dralfahim.blogspot.com/2009/07/portsmouth-takeover-not-all-it-seems.html

The reality is they still haven't been taken over. At this point in time they just have a new chairman.

Expect Crouchs value to drop :D

Can someone explain to me why Al Fahim has been made chairman and is making the appointment of Hart when he has yet to have taken over the club ?

Becuase (IMO) its all just smoke and mirrors to allow the Gaydamak (sp) to get as much of his money out as possible prior to the administrators arriving.

Well well well. How much does a new stadium cost, one that will hold 40,000? Plus a team to keep them in the PL?

All seems a bit vague at the moment be interesting to see how it unfolds, rather be in our position must say, COYR

Becuase (IMO) its all just smoke and mirrors to allow the Gaydamak (sp) to get as much of his money out as possible prior to the administrators arriving.

That's a pretty damning comment especially coming from you with your experience.

I had thought it looked strange without figuring out why and I know Duncan does, but you may have put your finger on it. I see Crouch looks like moving imminently which made me think.

Edited by derry

That's a pretty damning comment specially coming from you with your experience.

I had thought it looked strange without figuring out why and I know Duncan does, but you may have put your finger on it. I see Crouch looks like moving imminently which made me think.

Obviously I'm not privy to any inside knowledge but when so much about this "deal" doesn't seem to add up I have a tendency to be sceptical.

A tendency that most people in our industry develop very quickly indeed.

Obviously I'm not privy to any inside knowledge but when so much about this "deal" doesn't seem to add up I have a tendency to be sceptical.

A tendency that most people in our industry develop very quickly indeed.

Thanks, it could end up badly, which wouldn't give me much pleasure. We've got too few clubs in the South as it is.

As I have nothing better to add to this thread I'm just going to mention that David James was in Eastleigh Post Office at around 3:15pm today.

That is all.

Probably catching up with his ebaying after training, I understand he still has a few old games to sell ;)

That ties in with that guy's blog (a few posts up). Basically the club hasn't been sold and the fit and proper test hasn't been fully completed but was just rushed through because the club have to pay back millions - hence the carefully worded statement from the FA.

Something definitely doesn't add up, why buy a club just to put a loser like Hart in charge and sell the best players?

Something definitely doesn't add up, why buy a club just to put a loser like Hart in charge and sell the best players?

It does seem very strange. I couldnt believe it when I heard that last night. And who is Paul Hart going to attract there to replace Johnson, Crouch etc ?

Its all looking a bit glum for them...........3 weeks is a long time in football isnt it ;)

It's only a few short weeks that the blue few were laughing at our predicament and boasting that they were about to be taken over by billionaire Arabs, top flight managers were being lined up and that everything in the garden was lovely.

A week in football is as long as a week in politics by all acounts.

HaHa! Latest rumour is that Pompey are after appointing Diego Maradona as DOF. Telegraph says that Fahim is an admirer of his and knows his cousin. Maradona to leave managing the Argentina national side to do it and is poised to bring 4 top players with him.

HaHa! Latest rumour is that Pompey are after appointing Diego Maradona as DOF. Telegraph says that Fahim is an admirer of his and knows his cousin. Maradona to leave managing the Argentina national side to do it and is poised to bring 4 top players with him.

Carlos Tevez's mother to manage pompey!!

Strange weather phenomenon sweeping the South Coast...,

...still minus 10 in Southampton but strangley sunny and bright..., whilst in Portsmouth it's dull and dismal despite being 25 degrees, and getting hotter by the day! :)

Strange weather phenomenon sweeping the South Coast...,

...still minus 10 in Southampton but strangley sunny and bright..., whilst in Portsmouth it's dull and dismal despite being 25 degrees, and getting hotter by the day! :)

Whatever the problems Pompey are having in funding their team and losing key players to other clubs, the bottom line is that their squad is, and will be for a while, light years ahead of ours in terms of skill, physical fitness and passion. When did we last win a match? I can't remember, and we can't even hold our own against non-league opposition. The skates may not be able to spend much, but ML is also being cautious with his money. Let's get a few wins under our belt before we crow about Portsmouth's dillemas.

Whatever the problems Pompey are having in funding their team and losing key players to other clubs, the bottom line is that their squad is, and will be for a while, light years ahead of ours in terms of skill, physical fitness and passion. When did we last win a match? I can't remember, and we can't even hold our own against non-league opposition. The skates may not be able to spend much, but ML is also being cautious with his money. Let's get a few wins under our belt before we crow about Portsmouth's dillemas.

Agree with you entirely and can assure you that I wasn't 'crowing', merely putting a new slant on an old joke that many of us Saints fans have had to endure from the blue few recently.

All done in the best possible taste - I can assure you...! ;)

...and we all know what happens when cousins get involved...

http://www.laughfc.co.uk/stories/story.php?id=525